PEx Highlights

Prepare to Go Into the Storm

From New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, comes the tornado disaster film Into the Storm.

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan upsets Army

Cagayan Valley Rising Sun hands Philippine Army its first loss through 4 sets, 27-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-22

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 2

Are the Blue Eagles back on top again? Check out this week's PEx UAAP Season 77 Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

The Unique Heroes of Marvel's Guardians

Know more about Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket.

read more

PHOTOS: NU Hands Ateneo its First Loss

The NU Bulldogs relied on Troy Rosario and Rev Diputado to give Ateneo its first loss of the season, 64-60

read more

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Exclamation In memory of cubao's Fiesta Carnival...

Share you Fiesta Carnival pictures for everyone to see how fun being a child was with the said park around in the good 'ol days.

Even before Star City and Enchanted Kingdom, there was "Boom na Boom" sa Philcite, Ang "Payanig sa Pasig" sa Pasig at siyempre ang "Big Bang sa Alabang". Bakit di mo sila sinama?

Naalala ko pa yung Indana Jones Maze dati sa Boom na Boom, may buhay pa na ahas dati sa loob (para daw realistic)

I don't have scanned pictures of Fiesta Carnival but I miss the place.

I miss the carousel, caterpillar, the ferriswheel (mini), the ghost train and the rollercoaster.

In the middle of the arcade you will find little stores selling tshirts, some stalls have carnival games and some booths along the front near Rustan's are selling food. This is where the clowns use to hang out when I was very young.

mga nahanap kong pics sa google image search at flickr

Source
    http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/3209/papa20and20chieby9.jpg

Source
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1073/1540495985282bdbdebfdm7.jpg

may pics din yung kuya ko. di ko maalala kung nasaan na. mahanap nga.

Ang Fiesta Carnival ba ang first indoor theme park sa Pilipinas?

meron pa rin bang fiesta carnival? last time i saw that place eh daanan na lan ng tao, may rides pa rin at arcades.

Quote Originally Posted by jisc View Post
    meron pa rin bang fiesta carnival? last time i saw that place eh daanan na lan ng tao, may rides pa rin at arcades.
    We probably all know that up until three or four years ago, Fiesta Carnival was an indoor carnival. They transferred just beside to where the original site of Automatic Center Cubao branch was, and it was an outdoor carnival. The previous site of FC is now Shopwise (sister company of Rustan's Supermarket). Now both Fiesta Carnival and the building beside it were completely demolished. Now that I thought about it, I really don't know what would they be building there, since there's no sign of a future establishment to be built.

Yeah, I have good memories of the carnival. In this age of the internet, video games, it seems that it has already outlived its purpose as a prime place where our kids and those young at heart to just have fun. Signs of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by webnatic View Post
    We probably all know that up until three or four years ago, Fiesta Carnival was an indoor carnival. They transferred just beside to where the original site of Automatic Center Cubao branch was, and it was an outdoor carnival. The previous site of FC is now Shopwise (sister company of Rustan's Supermarket). Now both Fiesta Carnival and the building beside it were completely demolished. Now that I thought about it, I really don't know what would they be building there, since there's no sign of a future establishment to be built.

Yeah, I have good memories of the carnival. In this age of the internet, video games, it seems that it has already outlived its purpose as a prime place where our kids and those young at heart to just have fun. Signs of the times.
    thanks for reminding me, now i remember i saw that shopwise last year, wala na nga sila don.

naalala ko dati eh tuwing jan. 1 lang kami nakakapunta don, when my tita would take us there together with my cousin, fun times, fun times

I usually go Go carting there after a few rounds of beer during college days. Practicing my drunk driving there has made me a good drunk driver.

OMG... fiesta carnival was a big part of my childhood and all of my cousins...naabutan ko pang yung ride na airplane na nde lumilipad at yung carousel and of course yung rollercoaster... natatawa nga ako eh tuwing napapanood ko yung payaso ni kuya germs hehehehe yung buong film yata sa fiesta carnival nag shoot...

I don't have a Fiesta Carnival experience because my mother didn't want us to go there... marami raw masamang tao. This was already in the 90's. Yan na ang Fiesta Carnival na naabutan ko.

those good ol days. i remember the stationary plane, funny ride...horror ride pala tapos sa itaas nito eh yung mini roller coaster, and yes yung gocart. naalala ko pa pagkatapos naming pumunta ng pinsan ko sa fiesta carnival eh tuloy kami sa "skatetown" sa alimall.

tanda ko dati bata ako probinsyano pako..yung tipong twice a year lang lumuluwas..once sa summer para magsimba sa antipolo at mamili ng school supplies..tapos once sa christmas vacation..kelangan lagi may fiesta carnival bago umuwi..i had pictures..can't find it..haha

waaaaah. my first rollercoaster ride ever. =)

halt! who goes there? midnytbloo's Avatar
    unang life-size na dinosaur na kinatakutan ko. lol

LoL, yah i remember the old dinosaur exhibit they had.

but this is whtat happens if you don't get with the times. next one to go will probably be star city.

Haay after going herE pag labas nuod ng theater play sa may COD

Quote Originally Posted by midnytbloo View Post
    unang life-size na dinosaur na kinatakutan ko. lol

yeah nagbigay pa nga sila ng certificate dyan eh for touching real dinosaur bones sign by Dr. ME MAN CHANG yata yun, if I am not mistaken yung date dun sa certificate DEC of 1986 o 1987 yata yun

Banned by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranda_Bay View Post
    I usually go Go carting there after a few rounds of beer during college days. Practicing my drunk driving there has made me a good drunk driver.
    yung go cart din ang pinupunta ko dun. naalala ko nag s-skip pa kami ng class ng mga barkada ko tapos direcho sa go cart.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely_pinoy View Post
    those good ol days. i remember the stationary plane, funny ride...horror ride pala tapos sa itaas nito eh yung mini roller coaster, and yes yung gocart. naalala ko pa pagkatapos naming pumunta ng pinsan ko sa fiesta carnival eh tuloy kami sa "skatetown" sa alimall.
    skatetown, now this is old school Good ol days

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCucumber View Post
    I don't have a Fiesta Carnival experience because my mother didn't want us to go there... marami raw masamang tao. This was already in the 90's. Yan na ang Fiesta Carnival na naabutan ko.
    Marami ngang tulisan dito, I remember nakikipag trade ako ng NBA cards (may stall sa gitna), pag tingin ko sa binder ko bigla nawala na *** Michael Jordan na card ko.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast