PEx Highlights

REVIEW: The Trial

If there's one particular asset the film has, it's the ensemble.

read more

PHOTOS: 40th PBA Season Opening Ceremony

Ellen Adarna, Megan Young and Alice Dixson led the parade of team muses yesterday during the Opening Ceremony of the new PBA season. Check our gallery here!

read more

Show Me Your Winning Teeths!

Merly and Chelsey are back for a new season of SMYT and they are 'happy to serve' you a new episode about the Miss World pageant and the UAAP Finals.

read more

PHOTOS: Kia Victorious in Battle of Newcomers

LA Revilla (23pts, 7rebs) stole away the spotlight off of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao's PBA debut, as he rallied Kia over Blackwater 80-66.

read more

PROMO: Big Hero 6

Join the promo and get a chance to win special screening tickets to Big Hero 6!

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

Page 33 of 115 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mackoy85 View Post
    Well, it depends, Some companies they allow their employees to work at home.

Some are per job basis but still depends on what kinds of rules/agreement etc each companies have.

for proof-reading,that I don't not know in terms of their basic pays or how much experience a proof-reader have.

Nowadays, especially in the company that I work for now (I have no idea in other proofreading companies), Our online editors proofread essays and diaries of Korean students. Got no clue how many pages they need to edit/read and they are. But one thing is for sure they are not novels haha... Are you into proofreading?
    Hi Mackoy, I'm actually interested in opening one up but will have to study marketing to Chinese/Taiwanese/Canadians/Americans but then the standards for North America will be a few notches higher and that is one of my concerns.

Maybe the distributed model where people are allowed to work from the comfort of their home will also be welcome since one-way commute in Manila can take more than an hour. It's not hard to make payments through paypal since we already have this in the Philippines.

Seems the technologies available for proof reading are ripe for the picking except I don't know how work is assigned to each of you (whether randomly just as in the call centers or from select students as writing style and learning would vary).

The Teacher for ALL Seasons mackoy85's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by internalaudit View Post
    Hi Mackoy, I'm actually interested in opening one up but will have to study marketing to Chinese/Taiwanese/Canadians/Americans but then the standards for North America will be a few notches higher and that is one of my concerns.

Maybe the distributed model where people are allowed to work from the comfort of their home will also be welcome since one-way commute in Manila can take more than an hour. It's not hard to make payments through paypal since we already have this in the Philippines.

Seems the technologies available for proof reading are ripe for the picking except I don't know how work is assigned to each of you (whether randomly just as in the call centers or from select students as writing style and learning would vary).
    I see. That's good to know.I wish you good luck in your future endeavors. God bless

I see. That's good to know.I wish you good luck in your future endeavors. God bless
    Thanks Mackoy.

It's good to know many people back home still enjoy / have the passion to help others learn the English language.

I must say na malinis at maayos sa Avalon. Mejo mahirap nga lang *** first interview pero dapat maging friendly na palaban [anu daw?]haha.. sa interviewer kc mejo mataray but yung final interview is madali na lang kaso American mag iinterview sayo, just don't get intimidated. Try nyu dun sa AVALON EDUNET in Robinsons Cybergate 3 Pioneer 17 flr

Hi there.. Alam nyo ba kung magkano usually sinusweldo ng Online English Teacher dito sa Avalon?
    Natanggap na kasi akong proofreader and alam ko na yung sweldo kaso yung bf ko natanggap na english teacher kaso di nabanggit yung about sa salary.. Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by geekinthecloset View Post
    Hi there.. Alam nyo ba kung magkano usually sinusweldo ng Online English Teacher dito sa Avalon?
    Natanggap na kasi akong proofreader and alam ko na yung sweldo kaso yung bf ko natanggap na english teacher kaso di nabanggit yung about sa salary.. Help please.
    12k lang ang basic, pag wala pang experience, 13,500php pag meron na, pahirapan sa Avalon in terms of incentives. 1k sa unang month mo,then 1,500 sa 2nd month, then 2k sa 3rd month mo. YUN LANG kung wala kang DA (disciplinary actions,late calls,early calls,over breaks etc)
    Last edited by mackoy85; Apr 22, 2012 at 09:04 PM.

Deleted post
    Last edited by mackoy85; Apr 22, 2012 at 09:03 PM.

Thanks mackoy. )

Red face

Well, it depends, Some companies they allow their employees to work at home.

Some are per job basis but still depends on what kinds of rules/agreement etc each companies have.

for proof-reading,that I don't not know in terms of their basic pays or how much experience a proof-reader have.

Nowadays, especially in the company that I work for now (I have no idea in other proofreading companies), Our online editors proofread essays and diaries of Korean students. Got no clue how many pages they need to edit/read and they are. But one thing is for sure they are not novels haha... Are you into proofreading?

antagal na pala nitong thread na ito, anyhow, magccomment padin ako. hahaha! does anyone know the Tongkeun Call Service? Any feedback with that company? hindi ko masearch ang company info nila sa web eh. :/ heeeelp please >.<

Quote Originally Posted by singingbee View Post
    antagal na pala nitong thread na ito, anyhow, magccomment padin ako. hahaha! does anyone know the Tongkeun Call Service? Any feedback with that company? hindi ko masearch ang company info nila sa web eh. :/ heeeelp please >.<
    Do not apply in Tongkeun Call Service. Toxic dito. pag sa mga online teaching companies, ang toxic sa amin is yung dami rin ng students pag lagpas 30 na na wala namang added incentives! So it is in Tongkeun! Pangit din lugar nila, madumi ang pantry! as well their work stations.

Do not apply in Tongkeun Call Service. Toxic dito. pag sa mga online teaching companies, ang toxic sa amin is yung dami rin ng students pag lagpas 30 na na wala namang added incentives! So it is in Tongkeun! Pangit din lugar nila, madumi ang pantry! as well their work stations.
    Mackoy, when you say 30, do you mean a total of 30 students? How many students do the online teachers teach at one time and is this through skype or similar web conferencing?

Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by internalaudit View Post
    Mackoy, when you say 30, do you mean a total of 30 students? How many students do the online teachers teach at one time and is this through skype or similar web conferencing?

Thank you in advance
    Yes, 30 or more students. We usually teach One student at a time. Some are for 10,15 or 20 minutes. The most is for 30 mins and I experienced those thirtyish minute classes before. For video classes, they may come in groups, as well in one or twos. Most ESL companies prefer using their own Web conferencing softwares. For phone classes, they always use VIOP

I'm thinking of posting something about Avalon Edunet plus. But it would be contrary to my previous posts.. I'm sorry guys, All I can say is that company really really really sucks! They constrained my creativity, even my passion in online teaching.

did you work for them? if so, how is their compensation? my friend plans to apply there for her part time, may benefits ba ang part timer dito? kamusta naman ang work environment, yung mga employees? kung hindi naman worth it, i better warn my friend...

ang nakakaaliw sa mga ganitong work e yung iba't ibang personalidad ng mga tao saka mga intriga. di ako kumakalap ng chismis pero nakakaaliw lang pag me 'aksyon' sa opisina. thanks to them, di masyadong boring ang pagtatrabaho.

Do Unhoop Phil. Inc. conduct home visit/CI upon hiring you?

about sa UNHOOP PHILIPPINES, like what i've said sa previous post ko okay dun, per class naman sila, at my Guarantee pay kahit wala kang stud. 60 per class 25mins, pag my experience na 60php bayad ***, 55 pag wala ka pang experience. tataas rate mo kapag nag renew ka ng contract mo after 6 months.

BUMIBISITA po ba ang unhoop p.i. sa home ng employees nila to check the location, equipments etc? if yes, how is it done? plss plss reply to me thankss

just send your resume here:

http://www.jobstreet.com.ph/jobs/201...5253.htm?fr=13

http://www.jobstreet.com.ph/jobs/201...89795.htm?fr=L

yung UNHOOP na kalaban ng RAREJOB mas credible dun(unhoop), wag kayo mag-aapy sa RAREJOB, mahigpit sa mga rules, protocalls, at ang ooC pa!

sa UNHOOP na lang kayo kung gusto nyo mag homebase, un nga lang, attend kayo ng training sa office nila sa makati, mga 2 weeks lang naman pero masaya (in my opinion) .Most of the their staffs are kind and considerate, paid yung training at ma-reimburse nyo pa yung pamasahe nyo.
    BUMIBISITA po ba ang unhoop p.i. sa home ng employees nila to check the location, equipments etc? if yes, how is it done? plss plss reply to thankss

Quote Originally Posted by allandsundry View Post
    did you work for them? if so, how is their compensation? my friend plans to apply there for her part time, may benefits ba ang part timer dito? kamusta naman ang work environment, yung mga employees? kung hindi naman worth it, i better warn my friend...
    I did not work for them, but I do have a handful of friends that works in Toengkeun. Everytime I talk to them, all I hear is complains, bad management and working environment. So BETTER not to apply

Quote Originally Posted by keizons View Post
    BUMIBISITA po ba ang unhoop p.i. sa home ng employees nila to check the location, equipments etc? if yes, how is it done? plss plss reply to thankss
    nope, they do not visit. What they do is they're going to schedule you for a two part interviews. one is to check your connection and environment, and two is for you to conduct a mock class to see if you can really handle and teach students.

Quote Originally Posted by pusang_miyaw View Post
    ang nakakaaliw sa mga ganitong work e yung iba't ibang personalidad ng mga tao saka mga intriga. di ako kumakalap ng chismis pero nakakaaliw lang pag me 'aksyon' sa opisina. thanks to them, di masyadong boring ang pagtatrabaho.
    My tama ka!

Hello po. I just graduated from college. Interesado po ako dito sa Online English Teaching, tatanong ko lang po kung okay ba sa Mentorpia? kasi po may nabasa po ako ** sa thread na to na mukhang maayos naman daw po doon. Saka po yung Spicus okay din po ba yun? may mga classmates po ako na dun nag wowork eh...anu po bang assessment ninyo sa mga yan?...any suggestions po sa kung ano ang mga okay at di-okay pag-applyan. THANK YOU PO (^_^)

Page 33 of 115 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 ... LastLast