PEx Highlights

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

Calling All Travel Bloggers!

Wanna get featured in PEx-Travel? Share with us your travel blogs and have your entries promoted around PinoyExchange!

read more

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

Watch 'The Legend Ends' Trailer!

Check out the trailer of the final instalment of the Rurouni Kenshin series, 'The Legend Ends.'

read more

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1

    Global Exchange(GXS), or Accenture, or Misys?

    Hi guys, I just want to know your opinions and feedbacks regarding these companies. Can you compare them thru compensation/benefits, nature of work, and career paths? tnx

  2. #2
    Itatawid, ihahatid kita.. popsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ilalim ng tatsulok
    bump! anybody from GXS?

  3. #3
    ACCENTURE

    position: software engineer trainee
    pay: ok lang naman for fresh grads - 16k + allowance
    benefits: medical reimbursements, allowance (food - for ot lang ata, transpo, clothes), free membership (gym, driving school, music club/schools.. yata), at iba pa...
    career: maganda daw talaga ang future dito. dadaan ka sa matinding training

    mag ttraining ka for 6 months (3 months lab, 3 months ojt) ng languages depende kung san ka ma aasign (cobol, ndi ko sure yung .net or java)..


    MISYS

    position: programmer trainee
    pay: ok para sa fresh grads - sasabihin ko pero kiss muna
    benefits: reimbursements, allowance, nalimutan ko na din yung iba... kiss ulit para maalala ko
    career: maganda din (..yata - mukhang masasaya naman yung mga employees nila dito). dadaan ka din sa matinding training

    mag ttraining ka for 6 months (3 months lab, 3 months ojt) ng languages depende kung san ka ma aasign or kung ano inapplyan mo (java or rpg).. pwede ka maging developer (programmer) or support consultant


    GXS

    position: map developer trainee
    pay: ?
    benefits: ?
    career: ?

    gusto ko din malaman
    Last edited by bakalhead; Jun 4, 2008 at 09:27 PM.

  4. #4
    tumatanggap ba ng hindi fresh grad ang GXS at mga mis-20's na yung age? hirap kasi makapasok sa accenture tsaka misys. sana dito hindi ganun kahirap

  5. #5
    GXS

    position: EDI Map Developer trainee
    pay: same with accenture
    benefits: Maxicare,14K + others stated by the law
    career: walang client sa pinas, no.1 B2B ang GXS, pang global talaga ang career mo. *proof:search ka sa jobstreet, makikita mo na pang global career ang EDI*

    EDI BOOT CAMP for 6 months (3months lab, then 3 months sa team mo). May proprietary programming language (EDI-AI).

    NOTE: Mostly fresh grad ang tinatangap sa BOOT CAMP.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bakalhead View Post
    ACCENTURE


    MISYS

    position: programmer trainee
    pay: ok para sa fresh grads - sasabihin ko pero kiss muna
    benefits: reimbursements, allowance, nalimutan ko na din yung iba... kiss ulit para maalala ko
    career: maganda din (..yata - mukhang masasaya naman yung mga employees nila dito). dadaan ka din sa matinding training

    mag ttraining ka for 6 months (3 months lab, 3 months ojt) ng languages depende kung san ka ma aasign or kung ano inapplyan mo (java or rpg).. pwede ka maging developer (programmer) or support consultant
    ako ssgot nung iba *** wlang kiss XD
    pay: mga 20k ganun *** starting
    benefits: medicard, medical reimbursement, optical reimbursement, rice allowance etc.
    career: ok na start-up. mejo mataas ang expectations and toxic ang work.

    malalaman mo kagad kung support ka or assoc soft eng ka. kung ASE ka ittrain ka either java/rpg. kng support rpg lang.

    may hiring ba ng trainee *****? prang pagkakaalam ko *** ah

  7. #7
    up!

    any other opinions? hehe

  8. #8
    kung bago ka, I suggest seek the company that can give you the foundation / training sa career na gusto mo. Let say Company X can give you the best salary the market can offer but in the long run try to see if there's a future in it.. e.g. Gusto mo maging JAVA/.NET developer, then look for a best company that can give you this.

  9. #9
    yung project managers sa 3, magkano ang salary?

  10. #10
    salamat po sa reply majik tux,

    so in your opinion, what company offers the best training in java?

    hehe

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by travian123 View Post
    GXS

    position: EDI Map Developer trainee
    pay: same with accenture
    benefits: Maxicare,14K + others stated by the law
    career: walang client sa pinas, no.1 B2B ang GXS, pang global talaga ang career mo. *proof:search ka sa jobstreet, makikita mo na pang global career ang EDI*

    EDI BOOT CAMP for 6 months (3months lab, then 3 months sa team mo). May proprietary programming language (EDI-AI).

    NOTE: Mostly fresh grad ang tinatangap sa BOOT CAMP.
    Aw. Same lang benefits for experienced IT?

  12. #12
    Tumatanggap din ba ng ASE trainee position sa Misys at GXS?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by anghelikapickles View Post
    Aw. Same lang benefits for experienced IT?
    hindi ba normally same lang naman talaga benefits regardless kung fresh graduate or experienced unless manager na? i've never heard sa gxs na iba iba benefits based sa senority. normally sa base pay lang nagkakaiba yung fresh grad tsaka experienced.

  14. #14
    how about pointwest?

    ano ang mga benefits dun?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by nytelife09 View Post
    hindi ba normally same lang naman talaga benefits regardless kung fresh graduate or experienced unless manager na? i've never heard sa gxs na iba iba benefits based sa senority. normally sa base pay lang nagkakaiba yung fresh grad tsaka experienced.
    Okay, so pano 'yun in the case of an experienced programmer? Kasi parang dyan, iba na 'yung gagawin nya. Say experienced in VB.NET or Java, so so.. Same lang base pay offer nila?

  16. Advertisement

  17. #16
    Anu po ba *** EDI-SME? programming din ba un? Maganda po ba un as job experience for abroad? May ganun job offer din ba sa abroad especially in canada?


    sa GXS what po klase ng type ng exam nila? tska my problem solving ba? hehe..thanks!

  18. #17
    sorry guys ah, what po ba pinagkaiba ng ASE sa programmer

  19. #18

  20. #19
    @engrlovestrong,

    AFAIK, more of the same lang sila, an ASE will be trained under a bootcamp and then will be deployed in a certain project.

    while for the programmer part, para kasing general to eh.

  21. #20
    Hi Global Exchange(GXS), or Accenture, or Misys people, baka meron sa inyo interested mag work here sa malaysia as programmer, my HR manager would be in Manila next next week. Just PM me if interested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Advertisement


Advertisement


Advertisement

Hot Topics

GILAS:

Gallant Gilas Pilipinas drops to 0-3 after 85-81 defeat vs Argentina

Gallant Gilas Pilipinas drops to 0-3 after 85-81 defeat vs Argentina

read more
SHOWBIZ:

Veteran actor Mark Gil passes away at 52

Veteran actor Mark Gil passes away at 52

read more
MUSIC:

Eraserheads to release two new songs

Eraserheads to release two new songs

read more
SPORTS:

Philippine Army crowned V-League Open Conference champions

Philippine Army crowned V-League Open Conference champions

read more
UAAP:

Red Warriors keep Final Four dream alive with 64-55 win over Bulldogs

Red Warriors keep Final Four dream alive with 64-55 win over Bulldogs

read more
CHIT CHAT:

Anong masasabi mo sa Anti-Selfie Bill?

Anong masasabi mo sa Anti-Selfie Bill?

read more

Advertisement