Leona Lewis: The Best Singer That Come Out In All The Talent Show In The World - Page 4 | Music Fans | PinoyExchange

Page 4 of 40 First ... 3 4 5 14 ... Last
    Leona Lewis sparks engagement rumours

London, May 28 : Upcoming British singer Leona Lewis has sparked rumours that she is set to marry her boyfriend Lou Al-Chamaa after she was spotted with a diamond ring on the engagement finger.

New-magazine.co.uk reports that Lewis was seen wearing the ring at a London club recently. Last week too she was spotted with the ring on the David Letterman show in New York.

The 23-year-old had earlier denied that she is engaged, saying, “I'm too young to talk about marriage and kids just yet.”

Lewis met Al-Chamaa when she was 11 and they live together. She is doing well professionally and recently hit the top spot in both the singles and albums charts in the US. She has also appeared on some reputed shows in the US.

--- IANS

Conjurer of cheap tricks
    I like her. She has a pleasant voice. But we can't compare her To Whitney, Mariah, and Celine. They're in a league of their own.

For me, she's an improved version of Jessica Simpson when she was just starting out. Think "I Wanna Love You Forever".

I think sikat naman dito *** Better In Time. I've heard a lot of people singing/humming the tune. I also saw the video on MTV. and at least madami na nakakakilala sa kanya coz of Bleeding Love. Sa US mukhang pagtatagalin pa nila bago irelease *** Better In Time kasi Bleeding Love is still the #1 song in Billboard Pop 100 Songs and Billboard Pop 100 Airplay

i like leona is some ways!

i have her album..better in time and bleeding love are nice songs.

may lumabas pa n news na she is the next mariah carey (no way) - let her make her own name..

she hit those flashy but seamless high notes.
    she got that beauty especially the eyes (kso some angles, para syang kontrabida)hehehehe peace! tangkad pa nya.

a great contender to the best new artist for next year's grammy - *** pa ba nominee?

i wonder her TWILIGHT album is official(at sya ba **** kumanta nun?) the cover is like from Mariah's Butterfly abum

goodluck to ms.lewis!
    hope she releases more ggod songs like her new single.

Gay With A Dragon Tattoo nigeroloap's Avatar
    aba unti-unti nang nagkakaroon ng supporters ha... well Isa it seem's na nakukuha na rin ni Leona ang attention ko with that Better In Time pero di ko sya i-add sa express music ko noh & di pa rin ako convinced na ma-nominate sya sa grammys... oi inaaway ka pala ni ronron sa mariah thread... hehehe sumbongera!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeroloap View Post
    aba unti-unti nang nagkakaroon ng supporters ha... well Isa it seem's na nakukuha na rin ni Leona ang attention ko with that Better In Time pero di ko sya i-add sa express music ko noh & di pa rin ako convinced na ma-nominate sya sa grammys... oi inaaway ka pala ni ronron sa mariah thread... hehehe sumbongera!!!
    that your opinion regarding leona lewis not a contender in the grammy award, but I still believe she will pull some upset in next year grammy award. regarding kay ronron hindi ko pinapansin yung mga post na kung yung mga taga mariah carey thread hindi s'ya pinapansin ako pa kanya na hindi pumapasok sa thread nila, pinagpatunayan lang na inggitera s'ya kay leona.

Listen Some of Leona Lewis Track In Her Album "SPIRITS"

Leona Lewis on Simon Cowell This is Your Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzaGQ93i-o0

when I see that performance of Leona with IL Divo

only one word came out in my mouth "WOW"

Quote Originally Posted by fanstatic View Post
    that your opinion regarding leona lewis not a contender in the grammy award, but I still believe she will pull some upset in next year grammy award. regarding kay ronron hindi ko pinapansin yung mga post na kung yung mga taga mariah carey thread hindi s'ya pinapansin ako pa kanya na hindi pumapasok sa thread nila, pinagpatunayan lang na inggitera s'ya kay leona.
    hindi ko lang opinion un... opinion din un ng iba... pero kung sa bagay compared to duffy mas gugustuhin ko naman n manominate for best new artist si leona

hindi ko lang opinion un... opinion din un ng iba... pero kung sa bagay compared to duffy mas gugustuhin ko naman n manominate for best new artist si leona
    them prove to me na marami ang nagsasabi hindi deserving si leona lewis mag ka grammy award, oo meron ayaw sa kanya dahil alam ni rin threat si leona sa mga idol nila, pero alam ko marami may gusto sa kanya.

Album Review

ALBUM REVIEW: 'SPIRIT' BY LEONA LEWIS

British singer's debut album is fantastic
    Ashley Bergman
    Contributing Writer
    Issue date: 4/9/08 Section: Entertainment

Pop singer Leona Lewis has it, that factor that enables her to float above us mere mortals. Her voice is like an angel's, and her beauty is equally as stunning. Lewis' new album "Spirit" is already massively successful overseas, and with this week's U.S. release, she just may experience the same results over here.

In 2006, the then 21-year-old Lewis was named the winner of the third season of the hugely successful U.K. series "The X Factor." The show is very similar to "American Idol"; in fact, "Idol" judge Simon Cowell created it. According to a press release, Lewis was the first winner of a global talent competition to be given a major global launch with the release of her CD.

We are now lucky enough to hear the artist who Entertainment Weekly dubbed "the next Mariah Carey."

Her 13-track collection is pure magic. Each song gracefully pours to the next, and is like that great book you cannot put down and do not dare to. Driven by flowing melodies and Lewis's haunting voice, "Spirit" is on its way to the top.

The first song, "Bleeding Love," is currently No. 2 on iTunes' top songs list. It can also been heard all over MTV, VH1 and popular radio. The song was co-written by OneRepublic's front man Ryan Tedder. Lewis deals with someone with which she is very much in love. She sings this passion so deeply that you can feel it too. To be so much in love with someone that nothing else matters is something that people pray their whole lives for. In fact, devotion and love are very apparent themes felt while listening to "Spirit."

The gentle piano backgrounds allow Lewis's voice to really soar. As each track progresses, she shows what she is really capable of. Toward the end of the album, you get to the track "Yesterday." This is where Lewis shows off her amazing range. Whitney Houston and Carey are the two other people who I can think of that can reach those unbelievably high notes. You know exactly what I am talking about.

Bordering the end of the album is the track "Footprints In The Sand." Do not be fooled by the gentle piano beginning - the song slowly leads to a powerful Sunday church service. A beautiful choir joins Lewis in this uplifting ballad. It will give you goose bumps.

"Spirit" is filled with heartfelt ballads and sprinkled in is the occasional upbeat song. After listening to this album, I can see why she claimed the title of "The X Factor." Every now and then a fresh voice blows in like a much needed refreshing breeze on a hot day. Lewis is this breeze.

Her ability to capture an emotion or an exact place in time is incredible. According to a statement on her Web site, Lewis has either personally experienced or someone close to her has experienced each song she sings about on the album.

"My love for music is my main motivation as an artist," Lewis said. "I've found that you can help so many people with your songs."

Lewis definitely helped and inspired me, and I am sure she will do the same for you.

hoi regine masyado minamaliit si leona lewis, pero mga well known song writer at singer ang gumawa ng album na.

Lewis recorded the album in several locations, the first being London, England, where she worked with Steve Mac,[11] who produced the songs "Homeless" and "Footprints in the Sand".[16] "Footprints in the Sand", a "massive power ballad",[17] was played on an episode of the fourth series of The X Factor and was written by Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Richard Page[18] and Simon Cowell.[16] It is based on the poem "Footprints".[19] "Homeless" is a song written by Jörgen Elofsson, previously recorded by Swedish singer Darin,[20] and has been described as "a moody piano-heavy trembler"[21] and a "haunting, blues-style ballad".[17]

Most of the songs were recorded in Los Angeles, California. There, Lewis teamed up with OneRepublic singer Ryan Tedder, with whom she recorded two songs, "Bleeding Love" and "Take a Bow". "Bleeding Love" was written by Tedder and Jesse McCartney and produced by Tedder.[22] It was the first song confirmed to be appearing on the album, and was released as the album's lead single, which went straight to number one in both the UK and Irish Singles Charts.[23] "Take a Bow" was written and produced by Tedder, Louis Biancaniello, Wayne Wilkins, Sam Watters[24] and The Runaways.[16] It has been described as starting with an "ice-cool synth riff" and having "big, crunchy beats and powerhouse chorus".[17] Watters, Biancaniello and The Runaways also wrote "Yesterday", with Jordan Omley, Michael Mani, The Jam, and Nina Woodford.[16] "Yesterday" has been described as "a smoochy R&B slow jam".[21] "Better in Time" was also recorded in Los Angeles with producer J. R. Rotem, who wrote the song along with Andrea Martin.[16] Lewis also co-wrote "Here I Am" with Walter Afanasieff and Brett James in LA.[16][7] "I Will Be" is a cover of an Avril Lavigne song, written by Lavigne, Dr. Luke and Max Martin,[16] that was released as an iTunes bonus track and on the special edition of her album The Best Damn Thing.[20] "The Best You Never Had", which was written and produced by Billy Steinberg and Josh Alexander,[25] was also recorded in LA.

In Atlanta, Georgia, Lewis worked with producers Alonzo "Novel" Stevenson and Dallas Austin[11][7] on the song "Whatever It Takes", which Lewis co-wrote together with Novel and Tony Reyes.[16] The song has been described as a "chipper slice of soul-pop, anchored by a surprisingly bone-shaking beat".[21] "I'm You" was recorded in Atlanta with Ne-Yo,[26] [27] The song features "delicate harps, echoey vocals and skittering beats".[17] "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face", a cover of the Ewan MacColl song, was recorded in both Atlanta and Los Angeles. It was produced by Wayne Wilkins, Sam Watters, Louis Biancaniello and The Runaways.[16]

In Miami, Florida, Lewis worked with Salaam Remi,[11][7] and "Forgiveness" was recorded. It was written by Lewis, Remi and Kara DioGuardi, but was chosen as the B-side to "Bleeding Love" rather than an album track on the UK edition. "Angel", a Stargate production, was written by Stargate and Johnta Austin, and recorded in New York.[16]

Lewis's debut single, a cover of Kelly Clarkson's "A Moment Like This", is included as a bonus track on releases in the UK and Ireland. The U.S. release of the album features two songs recorded in 2008, in order to help the album appeal more to an American audience: "Forgive Me", which was written and produced by Akon, and "Misses Glass" written by Mad Scientist and RockCity.[28]

Syco managing director, Sonny Takhar, states that they have at least five singles from the record, and that "every track is a potential single — we really are spoiled for choice."[29] These are rumoured to be "Take A Bow" and "Whatever It Takes

Quote Originally Posted by fanstatic View Post
    them prove to me na marami ang nagsasabi hindi deserving si leona lewis mag ka grammy award, oo meron ayaw sa kanya dahil alam ni rin threat si leona sa mga idol nila, pero alam ko marami may gusto sa kanya.
    WHATEVER

basta right now ang "the best singer that come out in all the talent show in the world" ko is none other than DAVID COOK... alam mo yan Isa some of his redition n kinanta nya s American Idol pinuputakti ang billboard chart considering that he's not yet releasing his first album

basta ako i love leona lewis

the diva of this generation

obviously they have different styles. but what the poster is talking about is being the best singer. Leona is way much better than any other winner even David Cook (or even my fave Idol winner Carrie).

Having a lot of songs in the Billboard doesn't mean he is the best singer. Having great songs does not equate to having the best vocals.

Leona definitely shows versatility. Has a big range singing from angelic to powerful.

WHATEVER

basta right now ang "the best singer that come out in all the talent show in the world" ko is none other than DAVID COOK... alam mo yan Isa some of his redition n kinanta nya s American Idol pinuputakti ang billboard chart considering that he's not yet releasing his first album

News Update

LEONA LEWIS - LEWIS OFFERED $2MILLION FEE FOR GIG

British singing sensation LEONA LEWIS is reportedly set to score a huge $2 million (GBP1million) fee for any future personal appearances - putting her in the same league as legendary former BEATLE SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY.
    The Bleeding Love star has enjoyed a meteoric rise to fame since winning U.K. talent show The X Factor in 2006 - and can demand huge amounts of cash to perform intimate gigs for wealthy fans.
    The star has been offered a $2 million (GBP1 million) personal appearance fee to play a small set for an unknown bidder, according to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper.
    A source tells the publication, "Leona is one of the most sought after stars around. She has little say in the fee charges - big money sponsors literally name their fee and her management respond accordingly.
    "She is adamant much of the profit goes straight back to her favourite charities."
    Lewis, who has hit the top spot in both the U.K. and U.S. album charts with her debut LP Spirit, is reportedly worth $12 million (GBP6 million) - but gives most of her money away to charity organisations.

source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...%20gig_1072096

super up ko lang for leona lewis

I agree that she's the next Mariah! One of my favorites in the album is "Here I Am".

And also, I think her version of " A moment like this" is better than Kelly's version.

Page 4 of 40 First ... 3 4 5 14 ... Last