Alaska survived a late-game rally by Ginebra to win 104-90, leading the series at 2-0 and now one win away from the title.read more
Check out which loveteams dropped and which ones came out on top this week!read more
The ADMU Lady Eagles overpowered UST in 4 sets, ousting the Golden Tigresses and advancing to the V-League finalsread more
Guess the theme! Have you seen Twilight, Sister Act and these other movies? Share your thoughts and reviews in here!read more
Visually breath-taking and action-packed, Star Trek: Into Darkness will please casual and hardcore fans alike.read more
they really sucks, i would avoid them too if possible.
their customer service is one of the worst i have ever encountered.
and their internet? proxy. so prepare for the worst internet experience of your life if subscibe to globelines "boredband"
read the blog, i had a similar unsavory (what an understatement hehe) experience with globe. i posted the story on one of the forums. anyway i fought globe tooth and nail to have our connection terminated. the best thing i did was i immediately went to an innove office (sa pioneer mandaluyong - this is supposed to be innove's main office or something). i wrote a detailed letter of complaint (format is similar to an affidavit although di naman notarized, i dunno i just used this format para wala na silang masabi). i made 2 copies, one for them and a receiving copy for me. i emailed innove customer care a soft copy of the letter. i made regular follow ups by phone and email. i refused the bills they delivered, advising the messenger my connection was under protest. i refused to let the technicians they sent inside our property - i wanted the connection terminated so what's the use of trying to fix the connection na in the first place dapat walang problem upon installation. sa awa ng diyos na terminate yung contract, did not have to pay anything.
medyo iba yung sa yo kasi they damaged your property structurally but if you haven't raised hell yet at an innove office set a time to do so because that's the only way they will take you seriously - or at least get the ball rolling.
good luck! you will need it.
I also had a bad experience with Globelines Broadband. I applied for their P995 promo where the phone is free for the first 12 months. When I got my first bill, I was surprised to find that I had variable airtime usage during the first 15 days of my service amounting to P3,000! As in all my internet sessions for the first 15 days had a per minute charge inevitably amounting to P3,000! I naturally called up the Globe CC and can you believe what their explanation was?...
Me: " ...why do I have variable per minute charges on usage when I'm supposed to be paying P995 for UNLIMITED usage every month?"
Globe CC agent: " Sir, kasi baka may mga pinuntahan kayong websites na may bayad?"
Me: " ANO????!!!, you mean yung mga sites na humihingi ng credit card?"
Globe CC Agent: " Opo, kasi pagnagpunta kayo sa mga ganung website ay labas na po ang Globe doon."
Sa totoo lang muntik ko na talagang minura yung CC agent but I realized they might blacklist me for verbal abuse (ang sakit ko pa naman magsalita) or my conversation might end up in the internet as a ringtone (like the PLDT call center agent). I insisted on talking to a supervisor and realizing their error, the necessary credit adjustments were only made during the FOURTH billing!
Otherwise, the service is running smoothly with hardly any downtime that would merit another call in their godforsaken call center.
ano na lang ang ok?
is there an isp that actually doesn't suck? for me, choosing between isps is like deciding over the lesser evil.
right now i don't have any complaints with mine.
and i was seriously considering to change my dsl line to globe dahil mas mabilis yung advertised speed. might as well stick to my skydsl line, wala pa **** kse kong major problem na na-experience.
Aranda Bay...that happened to me on my PLDT pay per surf bill naman, i got long distance charges from countries as Nauru, and i don't recall the rest. When i called the PLDT CSR i was asked if i surfed through sites which actually has instant charges pala. Must be some porn sites i browsed into check again, baka valid naman din.
Another thing I hate about Globe Broadband is that I think it's not compatible with Yahoo Messenger. I've always had problems sending pictures and changing my avatar whenever I use our Globe Broadband connection at home. But it's the other way around whenever I use our PLDT DSL connection. So something must be really wrong with Globe.
Download time is also longer with Globe, to think that I'm supposed to have a 1mbps connection. Mas mabilis pa sa PLDT DSL to think that our plan with them is only 384 kbps.
sorry off topic
buti di sinabi ng CC na may overseas charge ang mag surf sa labas ng bansa
Actually the way the CSR said it so matter of factly, I almost believed it. Pero my common sense kicked in:
- Bakit walang breakdown ng sites na pinuntahan and costs?
- And why will Globe collect on behalf of these sites without any pop up warning na may costs to visit these sites?
- And why during the first 15 days of the service lang?
It turns out that I had my service installed 15 days before the actual billing cut-off so yung alanganin na usage were billed per minute.
I had the feeling though if I handn't raised hell about the issue, they will just let me pay for that extra P3,000. FVCK YVO Globe!
We use Smart Bro at my mom's house and it works great. My uncle's using Globe and he has no complaints so far. I signed up for Globe DSL for my personal use (mainly because PLDT hasn't replied with my application and it's been 3 weeks now, so I decided to go with Globe) last Sunday and they activated it today. So far, it looks good.
My aunt did experience being charged on the telephone/internet bill for calls she didn't even make in her Globelines.
Most of the time, the Globe call center agents are just clueless
My only real problem with the Globe broadband is their random downtimes. Minsan mabilis at minsan biglang mawawala ang internet connection. And sometimes, the modem LED lights would indicate that you still have an internet connection but when you try to use the internet, globelines.com.ph lang ang website na pwede mong ma-access
its a case-to-case basis. Sa amin ok naman ang globe connection.
May mga areas talaga na maganda ang service ng isang ISP; meron din ng pangit. Maramaning complaints sa SmartBro pero OK naman sya most of the times.
May tatalo kaya sa experience ko? Eto ang sa akin. I suggest you guys to check it out. Grabe, it's traumatic for someone who doesn't want to have any issue with any company.
1) Late 2007, around october ata, nag-apply ako sa Globe for a wireless broadband dahil medyo nagloloko yung Bayantel/SkyDSL ko. Bali may isang pexer na agent ng globe. I was told that pag wireless broadband ang gamit mo, pwede mo dalhin yung modem kahit saan basta may signal.
2) Fast forward. After three months, kinabitan ako ng Globe Wireless Broadband, dated January 22, 2008. Eto ang nakakainis, hindi mo rin pala pwede dalhin anywhere ang modem. Pwede lang sya sa house mo kahit pa wireless modem sya. Eto pa, wireless broadband without landline ang application ko, pero nung dumating sila sa bahay, aba, biglang nagkaroon ng landline. Buti na lang ang nanay kong considerate, she wanted to try the landline. The funny thing is, the landline is directly connected to the wireless modem, na electricity and battery-dependent. Ibig sabihin, pag walang kuryente, wala kang landline, unless may battery ka, na syempre, you won't assume to last for a really long time, but that's another story.
Eto pa, it turned out na mahina yung signal ng wireless broadband samin. So they had to install an external antenna that was connected to the modem. Thanks to the antenna, in effect, I had no choice but to stay the modem firm in the table, making its wireless feature useless.
3) I briefly tried the connection. Aba, INTERMITTENT! I called their CSR, and it turned out na may problem talaga yung globe wireless broadband that time at may inaayos. Since under the contract, I have the option to terminate my connection seven days from installation, I thought of just terminating my application due to inefficiency, intermittent connection and agent misinformation.
4) Saturday, January 26, 4 days after it was installed, I went to Globelines center at Greenbelt 4 to return everything and terminate my connection. I signed a termination form of course. Ang mali ko lang, I didn't ask for a copy.
5) Pagdating ng February, aba, may dumating na bill, charging me Php1,250++. Syempre nagreklamo ako. Sabi ng CSR, antayin ko lang daw ang adjustment.
6) Pagdating ng March, aba, may bill na naman ako, bali two months na ang charged sakin. Syempre nagreklamo na ako sa CSR again, at ang sabi lang ng CSR, nilagay na raw nila sa system ang complaint ko. Dissatisfied with the answer of the CSR, bumalik ako sa Globelines Greenbelt 4. They merely placed a "disregard this bill, adjustment made" mark sa billing statement ko. I thought that it already resulted to a reduction, but no.
6) Pagdating ng April, just last week, aba, may bill na naman. Tumawag na naman ako sa CSR, only to find out na ONGOING pa rin daw ang aking subscription. I said WTF? Ilang months na ako wlang internet connection usage at landline. I went again to Globelines Greenbelt 4, and all they did was again, made an adjustment remark on my bill, and they told me to expect some more bills, so I should just disregard those.
7) Last night, I called the CSR to follow-up. Imagine, naka-5 CSR agents ata ko na kausap, kasi parating napuputol sa gitna ng conversation namin, apparently, may problema sa call center nila Though on the fifth or sixth try, hindi na naputol, so nabigyan nila ako ng update. Imagine, kahapon lang dumating sa system ng CSR yung termination ko, at ang nakakaasar, dated February 8 yung termination, samantalang January 26 ako nag file ng termination. Baka mamaya nyan baligtarin pa nila ako.
Talk about major inefficiency!