PEx Highlights

MOVIE REVIEW: Talk Back and You're Dead

It may not the type of movie that can explain the deeper meaning of life, but it's the movie that can melt your heart.

read more

FEATURE: The 1986 FIBA World Championship

How would the 1986 Philippine national team have fared had it gone to Spain in the 1986 FIBA World Championship?

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno

Perfectly choreographed fight scenes and compelling execution makes "Kyoto Inferno" the perfect bridge to "Legend Ends."

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 6

The power rankings are back! We talk about the top dogs, the lovable losers and Kyle Neypes' recent transformation.

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Clobbers UST

Roger Pogoy scored a career-high 19 points and grabbed 5 rebounds, carrying the FEU Tamaraws to victory over the UST Growling Tigers, 66-55.

read more

PROMO: If I Stay

Join the If I Stay promo and win advance screening tickets!

read more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erick1029 View Post
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - The Best Offroader
    Here are the top 10 4x4 in Australia based on performances

1. Range Rover sport TDV8
    2. Land Rover Defender 110 wagon
    3. Toyota Landcruiser GXL TD
    4. Range Rover vogue TDV8
    5. Toyota landcruiser 78 Series Troopcarrier
    6. Toyota Landcruiser 76 series TDV8
    7. Toyota Landcruiser Sahara series V8
    8. Hummer H3 Adventure
    9. Jeep Wrangler CRD (which is the Rubicon)
    10. Kia Sorento

If you really want to buy 4x4 and you dont have enough money I guess you buy the new Toyota landcruiser, Toyota Prado or Nissan Patrol. Pajero is a $hit 4x4, and the resale value is not that good.

For me I am happy with my toyota prado and Ranger rover sports. Soon I will sell my Toyota prado and buy a Toyota landcruiser sahara series or the new Toyota Kluger (Highlander).

I like driving 4x4 especially if I go camping or driving in the highway of Australia. It is more stable and you have more control compare to sedans.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpathetic View Post

2008 Landcruiser V8 cost P4.5M now
    How about its Lexus brother? Lexus LX570 (correct me if i'm wrong).
    I've been seeing Lexus' commercial, and i always thought it was Lexus 470. Please enlighten me.

regarding the thread,

i would place them in order (in my opinion)

Nissan Patrol
    Mitsubishi Pajero
    Toyota Prado

Quote Originally Posted by slamm View Post
    Well... it's about image and security. the SUVs give a sense of security which gives you leverage when going against trucks and busses on EDSA or on our many two lane provincial highways. That's why even the 4x2 versions sold well.

The LC200 should be in the 4M+ range AFAIK. That's enough for one Altis, one Camry 3.5 Q and one Fortuner 3.0 4x4.
    ang problema naman sa mga SUV sa Pinas eh.. baril lang katapat kaya bigay mo na lang susi... kaysa mapatay ka pa...

na experienced kasi ng friend ko eh.. Ford F150 hinarang at tinutukan... at sa may mga ibang 4x4 as atin

regarding Lexus...

obviously Lexus LX 470=Land cruiser... may kauntin feature lang na upgrade sa loob...

now known as paolylo
    i'm biased towards the Prado because i've never driven a Pajero or a Patrol... but i love how the Prado's engine sounds even at high speeds, it's the closest thing to a European brand with how quiet it is... off-road, the handling is very stable and powerful when using all four wheels on gravel... the best thing about it is that it's almost as sturdy as a tank. i've had a side collision from a rushing L300, while the L300 was like a complete wreck.. the Prado only had scratches on the body and bumper.

the Prado's comfort, handling, and security is top-notch.

Banned by Admin
    my ranking:

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado (but i would very much prefer the LC200)
    Mitsubishi Pajero
    Nissan Patrol

i've always found Toyota's Land Cruiser line, including those older models (yung parang armored van ng bangko pa ang design nung mga luma) as sturdy and reliable.

sa mga Pajero drivers/owners diyan, aside from the 4x2 to 4x4 difference, meron bang pinagkaiba ang Pajero Fieldmaster 4x2 sa New Pajero 4x4?

The Field Master is a continuation series of the GEN II.5 Pajero. The new Pajero is a totally different vehicle. It was designed to replace the GEN II.5 aka Field Master but market forces kept the Field Master in production.

In any case, I'd still vouch for the Patrol. The 20 year old chassis it still uses is simple and very effective. Makes no excuses for comfort or cabin space but works well off-road.

I used to drive a '97 Pajero and it aces the Patrol in riding and driving comfort in almost every aspect. But I don't think I will go pack to driving a Pajero again after moving into the Patrol.

Plus the added bonus of kotong cops thinking twice before victimizing you because you are driving a heavily tinted Nissan Patrol. Extra anti-kotong powers if its black. hehehe.

Here is my ranking:
    Nissan Patrol
    Mitsubishi Pajero
    Toyota Land Cruiser Prado

Personally I own a 2004 Pajero Field Master, and I can say that its a driver-friendly suv because its easy to drive (I feel like I'm driving a sedan). My dad on the other hand recently bought a 2008 Patrol Super Safari, and based on my opinion, it can outpower the Pajero in terms of sheer acceleration and it makes you feel your a race car driver(hehe) even though its a big SUV. But I would choose the Patrol among the three because of its riding comfort.. We used it in an outdoor trip going to Iloilo from Manila. It feels like your inside an airplane and its very relaxing. However, I find it difficult to use it in city driving, primarily because of its size and the bumper-bumper traffic in the metro.. But overall I would definitely choose the Patrol, just what OTEP R said, intimadating presence and Patrol especially if Black and may blinker...hehe

I have a Nissan Patrol 06 and im ok with it. reasons i got a patrol are:
    *kahit luma na *** Patrol mas may dating pa din sya (IMO)
    *yes mas nakakasindak sya compared to pajeros lalo na kpag in black, fully tinted, HID, Euro Plate & wangwang (this is my setup!!! hehe)
    *its the cheapest among the three
    *for me mas comfortable and maluwag *** seating

the only thing i dont really like about it is matagtag ride ng patrol compared to the pajero.

Here's looking at you Kid.. chepips's Avatar
    Patrol!!! Lalo na yung mga naka TD42 engines (GQ and GU) lalo *** GU as ive said to other threads, mukhang Pug or Bulldog (IMO), very intimidating walang kotong cops kahit mag drive ka sa yellow lane sa EDSA... Black and Tinted... hehehe!!!

http://forum.avtoindex.com/foto/data/media/60/Nissan_Safari_88-97_30.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/nthbulldogclub/images/MoeJoe.jpg

Diba mukha talagang buldog...

Quote Originally Posted by grayegcivic View Post
    Well driving in Philippines with all the potholes, floods, dug up trenches..etc etc is like doing serious off roading anyways.
    Hmmm... I'm assuming that most top SUV owners rarely tread the bad streets of the city. A colleague drives his Patrol to work. For everything else, there's his other cars and his scooter.

Patrol ako D' Best talaga!
    http://www.friendster.com/image-server.php/86/37/18097368/private_1_f78e03d6ff5abf790fe80469c9c78c950967643d68a6cf19866491360b797176l.jpg

out of your choices, i'd pick the pajero. replace the prado with the V8 landcruiser and i might go for that.

i doubt if you go offroading with these vehicles, but if you seriously wanna go in that direction, get a hummer or a land rover defender instead of these luxury SUVs...

slightly off topic but is the prado available in first world countries? coz i know the pajero is. not sure bout the patrol as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AnzacSAS View Post
    Here are the top 10 4x4 in Australia based on performances

1. Range Rover sport TDV8
    2. Land Rover Defender 110 wagon
    3. Toyota Landcruiser GXL TD
    4. Range Rover vogue TDV8
    5. Toyota landcruiser 78 Series Troopcarrier
    6. Toyota Landcruiser 76 series TDV8
    7. Toyota Landcruiser Sahara series V8
    8. Hummer H3 Adventure
    9. Jeep Wrangler CRD (which is the Rubicon)
    10. Kia Sorento

I

umabot pa yung Kia Sorento:

my pick:

Landcruiser Prado
    Patrol
    Pajero

Quote Originally Posted by arkuo14 View Post
    slightly off topic but is the prado available in first world countries? coz i know the pajero is. not sure bout the patrol as well.
    Sir about sa Patrol.. the new patrol would replace the Armada in north america as the Armada ceases production... The New Patrol would be powered by a v6 3.0 diesel and petrol (just dont know the displacement) however the new patrol is striking the share of the LC200 in the luxury SUV segment... This may also be a possibility that the new patrol would have IFS rather than the off road tested solid front axles causing a commotion in the Austalian Market.... so ayun po ang latest news about the Nissan Patrol

http://p.webwombat.com.au/motoring/car-images/nissan-patrol-2010-leaked-1-big.jpg
    http://http://p.webwombat.com.au/motoring/car-images/nissan-patrol-2010-leaked-3-big.jpg
    http://http://p.webwombat.com.au/motoring/car-images/nissan-patrol-2010-leaked-2-big.jpg

k mga sir eto na po ang bagong patrol... (Paging Miss Beth Lee can you bring this baby in RP?)

^^ thanks for the info.. looks like the new patrol's got some navarra DNA...

^and it looks like a Murano at the rear. sayang, hindi siya mura 'no?

anyway, sayang din at hindi nasali ang Forester. Hehe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast