PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: NU Books Final Four Slot

Bong Galanza blew a chance to win it for UE in the dying seconds of the game, failing to secure a comeback win. National U came out as victors, 51-49.

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Outmuscles La Salle, Claim #2 Seed

The FEU Tamaraws secured the #2 seed in the Final Four after beating the DLSU Green Archers, 65-60.

read more

The Naked Truth Scene Stealers

Here are some clear runway winners people are talking about in the recently held Bench fashion show, The Naked Truth.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Wish I Was Here

Joey King breaks out in her role in a pretty decent dramedy, Wish I Was Here.

read more

UAAP End of Eliminations Power Rankings

Fun times in Katipunan, the streaking Red Warriors and a very happy Norbert Torres. All that and more in this week's power rankings!

read more

FEATURE: The Travails of Chot Reyes

Find out as Jay P. Mercado weighs in on the criticism handed to our national basketball team coach, Chot Reyes.

read more

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
    Gagalangin Hardcore Killerz overdrive's Avatar

PBA's Greatest Fights, Brawls etc...

Post it all here...everything that you remember from the Ginebra - Presto rumble to recently KO punch by Jondan Salvador to Sharma.

Lahat lahat bring it on...sarap balikan ang mga kwento na yan eh!

Purefoods vs Swift.....Yung kay Abe King dati....

Ginugulangan ni distrito si Dindo pumaren.....to the rescue si Abe King.....Galing sa bench bigla pumasok sa playing court....Sinampla nya si distrito......Hindi nakalaban si distrito mukhang takot kay Abe.....

Pero ngayon sa states tinutulungan sya ni King....

Tapos ngayon kay Jondan......Ang laking damulag ni carla sharma eh bumagsak....tapos nung tatayo pa eh bumagsak ulti kaya napakapit na sa referee sa pangalawang tayo nya......

Hindi naman umabot sa matinding away, pero I remember Marlou Aquino doing that boxing stance against Andy Seigle less than ten years ago ata. Hahaha. Funny yun.

I never saw, just read about it, but how about Rudy Distrito vs. Joey Loyzaga? When the older Chito Loyzaga helped out, the original bad boy Rudy Distrito didn't back down from him either. Finally, "The Big Difference" Caloy Loyzaga came in to help out also. Rudy simply punched the old guy & broke his glasses.

BANO S6 & S5 Champion galaxy_ram's Avatar
    ronnie thompkins versus ricky relosa!

Banned by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by aika131 View Post
    Hindi naman umabot sa matinding away, pero I remember Marlou Aquino doing that boxing stance against Andy Seigle less than ten years ago ata. Hahaha. Funny yun.
    i saw it also. nakakatawa si marlou nung ginawa nya yun

....is coming to get you! anino83's Avatar
    Centenial Team Vs Us College Team

First Time I Saw Rp Team On Sportscenter

Come from behind
    Shell vs. Ginebra, 1999 All Filipino semis, yun free-for-all na nagsimula kila Jay Mendoza and Noli Locsin. ASTIG!!!!

I also saw a fight between the 6'8" Song Li Gang & a 6'3" Shell player (I think it was RONNIE LUCERO) during an exhibition match at a Chinese School between the Shell & a visiting Chinese team.

The 6'3" player sort of got banged up as he went for a rebound, got angry & threw the ball hard on Song's back. The Shell player soon realized his mistake as soon as Song turned around & looked at him, & tried to apologize.

But Song was already starting to run after him, & what the Shell player did was shocking: He started to run away. So we were treated to the spectacle of 2 very tall guys running down the court like little kids fighting each other.

Song caught up w/ him a the other end of the court, hitting him twice in the back hard w/ a closed fist before stopping & going back to his bench.

What was more shocking, was that none of the other Shell players, like Paras & Magsanoc went out to even try to break the chase up. They just stood there & watched. It must've been very demoralizing for the Shell player, knowing that none of his teammates even tried to help out.

just resurrecting my post from a similar thread from a couple of years ago (regarding the aforementioned anejo rum 65-presto ice cream brawl):

madami-dami na din akong napanood na basketball brawl on TV. this, BY FAR, is the worst basketball brawl i have ever seen (mapa-PBA, NBA, UAAP, etc.)!!! it happened during the 3rd conference, 1988 season. medyo similar sya sa "ron artest vs. the pistons fans" brawl because the fight spilled into the crowd at the back of the presto bench. ang main protagonists dito sa brawl ay si Philip Cezar ng presto at ang anejo imports na sina Tommy Davis at Joe Ward.

to correct the post above, it was actually Tommy Davis (not Joe Ward) who committed the flagrant foul on a driving Philip Cezar. it was supposed to be an uncontested lay-up for Cezar (fastbreak at walang nakabantay sa end ng anejo goal). all of a sudden, biglang humabol si Davis kay Cezar. as Cezar was going for the lay-up, he was looking not at the ring, but at the galloping Davis. nagbanggaan sila sa ere, at sumemplang si Cezar sa hardwood ng ULTRA after ng foul, tumayo agad si Cezar para upakan si Davis! since it happened right in front of the presto bench, kinuyog na din ng buong presto team si Davis. all of a sudden, sumugod na din yung buong anejo team from the other end of the court, led by the rampaging Joe Ward. sa sobrang lupit ng away, some of the players grabbed onto the chairs sa ringside ng ULTRA para ihampas sa mga kaaway. the fight was exacerbated by the fact na yung wives ng presto players, including the wife of presto import Tony White in particular, were seated there kaya napahamak sila sa gulo. ang presto player na si Dennis Abbatuan, nag mala-"Manny Pacquiao" din! i also remember na duguan yung tenga ng isang presto played after the brawl (si Atoy Co ata). then when the barker announced the players who were thrown out of the game, tawa ako ng tawa sa reaction nung isang bench player ng presto na si Romy Ang. he was like, "why did i get thrown out? what did i do?" even though obvious na kasama sya sa mga naki-upak sa mga anejo players.
    Last edited by Thunderball16; Jan 20, 2008 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DougStiles View Post
    Shell vs. Ginebra, 1999 All Filipino semis, yun free-for-all na nagsimula kila Jay Mendoza and Noli Locsin. ASTIG!!!!
    battle for 3rd place yun nung 1999 (the deciding 5th game yata, IIRC). actually the confrontation started nung pinabagsak ni jay mendoza si wilmer ong sa midcourt on a fastbreak play for a flagrant foul (neither player had the ball then; it was one of their teammates). tapos after they got separated by cooler heads, bigla pinasok ni ginebra coach rino salazar ang rarely-used bench player na si boy valera. on the ensuing inbounds play, biglang sinapak ni valera si mendoza, which led to mendoza running after valera. kaso ang direction ng takbo ni valera was towards the ginebra bench, kaya pagdating ng midcourt, sinalubong sya ng mga teammates ni valera para rumesbak (noli locsin, elmer lago, jolly escobar, etc.). kaya si mendoza tuloy bugbog sarado.

^hindi battle of the third place yun.... Playoffs yun kung sino maglalaban sa Finals... nanalo shell nakaharap nila tanduay at suspendido nuon si Jay Mendoza....

guapo
    Quote Originally Posted by rhk111 View Post
    I never saw, just read about it, but how about Rudy Distrito vs. Joey Loyzaga? When the older Chito Loyzaga helped out, the original bad boy Rudy Distrito didn't back down from him either. Finally, "The Big Difference" Caloy Loyzaga came in to help out also. Rudy simply punched the old guy & broke his glasses.

That was 1985: Great Taste vs. Magnolia. It started out with Chito of Great Taste vs. Rudy of Magnolia. Then, Joey of Magnolia joined in the fray and clashed with his teammate Rudy. Ironically, nagkasama-sama din silang tatlo sa Ginebra. Iba talaga ang dating ni Big J. Pati magkaaway, nagawang magbati.

http://www.digitalfrap.com
    Yup that Ginebra-Presto brawl immediately jumps out, I think they also had two other mini-brawls. One in which Bernie Fabiosa dislocated his shoulder and somebody popped it back in right on the court...

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Yup that Ginebra-Presto brawl immediately jumps out, I think they also had two other mini-brawls. One in which Bernie Fabiosa dislocated his shoulder and somebody popped it back in right on the court...
    yeah, that same year (1988) i remember those two same teams engaged in other brawls. the one i remember was during the 2nd conference (all filipino) naman. this time ang involved naman was dante gonzalgo of ginebra and several members of the great taste team (notably abe king). ang situation was gonzalgo tried to save the ball from going out of bounds and it happened on great taste's side of the court. so gonzalgo ended up falling sa great taste bench and natamaan nya yung mga players doon. next thing you know, nakipagsuntukan na sya sa mga players on great taste's bench (abe king, sonny cabatu, etc.).

Coke vs. SMB

Danny I KO's Tee McLary with a right hook.

RP vs. Lebanon

Ginawang Mop ni Rico Villanueva si Stephen Howard.

meron pa yung kay rey cuenco and an import whose name i forgot. gulpi yata si cuenco dun.

saka nung inupakan ni jawo si lastimosa sa solar plexus.

Talking

ALL THESE fights sound tame compared to what I perceive to be the PBA's all-time fight -- the Toyota versus Crispa rumble that resulted in members of both teams getting jailed at nearby Camp Crame.

I miss the good old days when I would watch the fights (either live at venue or on television) and then a basketball game would suddenly break out!

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy_ram View Post
    ronnie thompkins versus ricky relosa!
    nakalimutan ko to lol!

Lang and Long a couple of years ago

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast