PEx Highlights

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

PROMO: Interstellar

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Interstellar!

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Wins Laugher vs Champs

Calvin Abueva (21 points, 11 rebounds) and the Alaska Aces made a statement on Wednesday, dominating the Purefoods Star Hotshots in a laugher, 93-73.

read more

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by outmap View Post
    ok ba ang american home? may 0.5hp kasi sila, 6k lang.
    up ko lang po
    anyone tried american home?

Banned by Admin
    saan ok na bumili ng aircon?

sa sm..pareparehas lang naman presyo ..sakin LG mura na may 5yrs waranty pa sa lahat ng parts kumpera sa iba 1 yr waranty *** yun 5yrs waranty sa compressor lang.

kung sa binondo area, sa worldwide sa escolta, mura.

elsewhere, kung may Anson's mas malaki sila mag discount kumpara sa iba.
    brand-wise, di rin pare pareho discount for similar items.
    for ex. mas malaki discount ng brands like samsung kumpara sa brands gaya ng panasonic.

I am currently using a panasonic 1.5 hp for my condo. Tipid sa kuryente. I am using it daily for 5 hours and ang total bill ko is only around 2k. I also use a Panasonic Ref kasi mataas ang EER and mabilis magpalamig kahit lowest setting. I believe Panasonic is a better brand kapag cooling ang paguusapan kasi maganda a compressor and 5 years pa warranty. Philippine Made pa kaya you support the local industry

Quote Originally Posted by roundtablepizza View Post
    Need your opinions guys. I'm going to buy a 3/4 aircon and it boils down to three brands:

1) Panasonic CW-C84JPH w/ timer Php13,700 (after deduction of discount)
    2) Samsung PhP11,700 (after deduction of discount, not sure of model#)
    3) Hitachi PhP13,700 (after deduction of discount, also not sure of model#)

Both Panasonic and Samsung have high EER ratings.

Panasonic seems to be a popular choice from you guys and from other forums as well. It has Super Alleru Buster and Drain free design(not sure what it is). 43-46db noise level better than Samsung's at 50/54db.

Samsung has the highest EER rating of 11.6(if I'm not mistaken) and has a low wattage of 635watts. It has anti-bacterial filter(it doesnt seem to show that it has silver nano based on website). Plus it's the cheapest among the models I'm looking at.

Hitachi however has the highest cooling capacity of 8,000. Panasonic and Samsung is on the 7000+ mark.

What's your pick guys? Or you could add some other good points to make my decision easier hehehe.
    has anybody availed of SM's extended warranty? 2.5k for 3/4HP upon purchase of unit, extending warranty to 3yrs(or 5yrs ata)? ok ba **** i-avail ito or problema lang ang idudulot at sayang yung 2.5k?
    up ko lang mga tanong ko hehehe

up ko lang mga tanong ko hehehe
    never owned Hitachi, pero sabi nila, matibay naman daw.
    I think Hitachi brand aircons are more popular among commercial/industrial users.

Samsung is known for their LCDs.
    Last month, we upgraded our 5-year old window type from samsung to panasonic split type. no regrets at all.

metrosexual shopaholic glenchuy's Avatar
    ^^ never buy extended warranty. ever. you won't need it because the equipment you are buying is designed not to break down way past the extended warranty period.

and if it does, you will find that the cost of repair is still cheaper then that cost for the extended warranty.

Any feedback of Everest and LG ACs?

pls. help me buy a split type aircon? puro kc window type alam ko na aircon. bale kc plan namin na split type na lang para di na magbutas ng wall. problem lang ng split type, i guess, is yung installation nito. or is it kasama na sa pagbili nito?i mean, kasama na ba ang free install (or minimal payment) sa pag buy ng split type aircon? what ok and best priced split type aircon out there?

naka LG split type kami, kailangan parin magbutas sa wall eh, para sa tubing. ok naman ang lamig. depende na lang siguro sa HP. nung binili yung samin, more or less 5k yung installation fee. nagbutas pa sa wall namin, pero maliit lang.

from my very limited experience... YORK is the best

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLifestyle View Post
    pls. help me buy a split type aircon? puro kc window type alam ko na aircon. bale kc plan namin na split type na lang para di na magbutas ng wall. problem lang ng split type, i guess, is yung installation nito. or is it kasama na sa pagbili nito?i mean, kasama na ba ang free install (or minimal payment) sa pag buy ng split type aircon? what ok and best priced split type aircon out there?
    tama si Mikhail, kelangan pa ring magbutas, pero maliit lang, mga around 2-3 inches diameter. ang maganda sa split type, tahimik.

sa installation charge, depende sa brand. dati samsung split type, libre install. di ko lang alam ngayon. Panasonic, inabot ng 4.5k charge sa amin. depende sa haba ng tubing, may extra charge in excess of 10 ft.
    tapos kung may existing nang bracket, maipapa-less mo na rin yun.

Quote Originally Posted by asiastreak View Post
    tama si Mikhail, kelangan pa ring magbutas, pero maliit lang, mga around 2-3 inches diameter. ang maganda sa split type, tahimik.

sa installation charge, depende sa brand. dati samsung split type, libre install. di ko lang alam ngayon. Panasonic, inabot ng 4.5k charge sa amin. depende sa haba ng tubing, may extra charge in excess of 10 ft.
    tapos kung may existing nang bracket, maipapa-less mo na rin yun.
    Thanks to you and Mikhail for your replies.

Mga magkano naman ang usual electric consumption kaya ng split type aircon? mga magkano nadagdag sa bill nyo?

Mga magkano naman ang usual electric consumption kaya ng split type aircon? mga magkano nadagdag sa bill nyo?
    same question...planning to buy split-type 1hp...does it really consume less power than window-type?

16. Advertisement

Kolin. Been using for 8+ years now. Never had any problem. Maginaw. Only requested for free cleaning service from Kolin in hte first year, then I clean it myself lang years following using pressurized garden hose.

any "bad" feedbacks on samsung 2hp split type, inverter units?
    i saw a nice site selling it for 37k - installed... it's a steal compared to the panasonic inverter of the same capacity plus there's a 4k++ charge on installation.

furthermore, the installers of panasonic are asking the wifey to go for a 2.5hp (56k after discount) unit when they did the survey. it's for the living room (14' ceiling), which measures 28sqm, but is open via stairwells going to the 1st and 3rd floors. they said that if she insists on a 2hp unit, she'll have to sign a waiver of some sorts...

any inputs that can affect the decision-making would be appreciated, as the purchase will happen in 2 days time...

i'd go for york under normal circumstances, but wifey can't find an inverter unit / split-type sa pinas...

we have window ac frigidaire, 1200 btu and it's one of the best brands we have tried. those portable ac's aren't good, expensive pa.

If you would go for same hp rating, changes shouldn't be significantly different with window types.

Quote Originally Posted by TranquilSoul View Post
    same question...planning to buy split-type 1hp...does it really consume less power than window-type?
    Nope, unless you go for an inverter type units.
    As with our case, when we switched to inverter, we tend to use the aircon a lot more.
    my bill last month was 2k less, but we were away for 6 days. and the new aircon was only used during the final week of the billing period.
    I am waiting for my bill this month set to arrive any day now to get a better estimate. i'd let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by midas_ulved View Post
    any "bad" feedbacks on samsung 2hp split type, inverter units?
    i saw a nice site selling it for 37k - installed... it's a steal compared to the panasonic inverter of the same capacity plus there's a 4k++ charge on installation.

furthermore, the installers of panasonic are asking the wifey to go for a 2.5hp (56k after discount) unit when they did the survey. it's for the living room (14' ceiling), which measures 28sqm, but is open via stairwells going to the 1st and 3rd floors. they said that if she insists on a 2hp unit, she'll have to sign a waiver of some sorts...

any inputs that can affect the decision-making would be appreciated, as the purchase will happen in 2 days time...

i'd go for york under normal circumstances, but wifey can't find an inverter unit / split-type sa pinas...
    before I end up with a panasonic inverter aircon (KKQ). I did my research, I read online reviews, and I also listened to the explanation of diff. salespersons. I no longer remember detailed explanation, but I remember getting the impression that the Panasonic ratings posted on the stores are certified by the (official gov't agency here in the Phil. that conducts the rating... I forgot the name). while the rest weren't. You may want to verify that with the sales person to be sure.

And I may be wrong but I think the height of the room won't affect the rating much. but if you could seal/enclose the stairwell going to the 1st floor, it would likely help a lot. what would happen is all the cold air would stream down to the 1st floor.

They do the survey for a reason, it's to ensure proper cooling capacity of the unit. if you would use a lower hp rating, then just go for a non-inverter unit. since it defeats the efficiency of an inverter since the unit would be running at full capacity most of the time.... in essence, there won't be significant savings.

Quote Originally Posted by asiastreak View Post
    before I end up with a panasonic inverter aircon (KKQ). I did my research, I read online reviews, and I also listened to the explanation of diff. salespersons. I no longer remember detailed explanation, but I remember getting the impression that the Panasonic ratings posted on the stores are certified by the (official gov't agency here in the Phil. that conducts the rating... I forgot the name). while the rest weren't. You may want to verify that with the sales person to be sure.

And I may be wrong but I think the height of the room won't affect the rating much. but if you could seal/enclose the stairwell going to the 1st floor, it would likely help a lot. what would happen is all the cold air would stream down to the 1st floor.

They do the survey for a reason, it's to ensure proper cooling capacity of the unit. if you would use a lower hp rating, then just go for a non-inverter unit. since it defeats the efficiency of an inverter since the unit would be running at full capacity most of the time.... in essence, there won't be significant savings.
    thanks for the reply asiastreak.
    folks, keep'em coming please

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast