PEx Highlights

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Tamaraws Claim Top Seed

Mike Tolomia's late-game heroics helped FEU get sole possession of the number 1 seed, after a 74-70 victory over La Salle.

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter!

Catch our latest updates on Twitter! Follow us, @pinoyexchange

read more

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 7

With wins over UST and DLSU, the past week in UAAP can be summed up in three letters: FEU. Check out this week's power rankings here!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Banks inter-branch deposit charges?

hi, ano bang bank yung walang charges pag sa ibang branch ka nagdeposit?

i have PNB and Metrobank atm cards kasi, pero pag sa ibang branch ako nagdedeposit for my savings, may charge pa ng P100.00.

gusto ko lang naman mag-save ng pera tapos babayaran ko pa???

para saan ba yun? why do we have to pay for that fee? i asked the teller, parang payment ko daw yun for over-the-counter services.

any banker in the house?
    Last edited by Galvantic@STS; Nov 30, 2007 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvantic@STS View Post
    hi, ano bang bank yung walang charges pag sa ibang branch ka nagdeposit?

i have PNB and Metrobank atm cards kasi, pero pag sa ibang branch ako nagdedeposit for my savings, may charge pa ng P100.00.

gusto ko lang naman mag-save ng pera tapos babayaran ko pa???

para saan ba yun? why do we have to pay for that fee? i asked the teller, parang payment ko daw yun for over-the-counter services.

any banker in the house?
    Other banks requires interbranch deposit transaction fees. But if you want to make interbranch deposit without any interbranch deposit fees, open an account at BPI or BPI Family Savings Bank. BPI don't require any interbranch deposit fees (May it be cash, check deposit) on any BPI branches anywhere in the Philippines. Interbranch withdrawal is also free of charge (For passbook or checking account). For BPI ATM savings account holders, there is a transaction fee of P100.00 if you are going to withdraw thru over the counter, but over the counter withdrawal of BPI ATM account can be waived (free) for any of the following conditions:

1. If the branch's ATM you went is offline.
    2. If you are going to withdraw more than P20,000.00
    3. If you made six (6) transactions to your ATM within the day (Account inquiry is also counted as one (1) transaction).
    4. If your ATM card is damaged.

Make sure if you you are going to make any interbranch withdrawal via over the counter, make sure to bring two valid IDs (Must be government issued i.e. SSS, Passport, driver's license, etc.) For ATM account holders, bring your ATM card with you aside from the IS required....

the truth hurts, does it? metropolitan's Avatar
    alam mo we live in a market economy every bank has the right to charge any fee they see fit and can make-up thousands of reasons to justify it. if you don't like them charging these fees you can do the following: 1. file a complaint to the banks' top management
    2. look for another bank

Quote Originally Posted by metropolitan View Post
    alam mo we live in a market economy every bank has the right to charge any fee they see fit and can make-up thousands of reasons to justify it. if you don't like them charging these fees you can do the following: 1. file a complaint to the banks' top management
    2. look for another bank
    1. File a complaint to the banks' top management - in fact, they were the one's who implement the fees.

2. Look for another bank - that's the answer.....

the branch officers have the authority to waive these charges :
    if you are a big depositor, they will give it to you even without asking;
    if you are a small depositor, you have to beg for it.

nagdeposit me sa equitable pasay mrt branch to equitable davao br,no interbranch charge.

chinabank P50 yata ang charge

Quote Originally Posted by bankerII View Post
    the branch officers have the authority to waive these charges :
    if you are a big depositor, they will give it to you even without asking;
    if you are a small depositor, you have to beg for it.
    That's true. Officers can waive the charges - that is, if you are a big depositor with big placements at their branch. For small depositors, why need to beg if there are some banks which offer free interbranch deposit transactions???? Look for other banks. Begging won't insists officer to waive the fee....

Quote Originally Posted by business_guy View Post
    That's true. Officers can waive the charges - that is, if you are a big depositor with big placements at their branch. For small depositors, why need to beg if there are some banks which offer free interbranch deposit transactions???? Look for other banks. Begging won't insists officer to waive the fee....
    Korek!

hay....hirap talaga if you are a small depositor.

magoopen sana ako sa BPI ng savings account kanina to transfer my savings from PNB.

pero my gosh, they're asking for my credit card certification pa???

kasi i had Citibank credit card kasi when i was a student, but it was already closed 1 year ago, and yes, i had some late payment charges pero it was settled na.

why do they have to ask for a "clearance" from Citibank pa? alam nyo naman na mahirap makipag transact sa Citibank especially when you're asking favor from them.

BPI, gusto ko lang magsave ng pera! lol

anyway, thanks to Banco De Oro, in just 10 minutes i was able to open an atm/passbook savings account without any hassle!
    they even gave me options pa about personal investments and super nakasmile pa ang mga tellers.

What A Policy

magoopen sana ako sa BPI ng savings account kanina to transfer my savings from PNB.
    why do they have to ask for a "clearance" from Citibank pa?

Agree. anybody from BPI here? what is the rationale of that policy?

but as business guy said - look for other banks.

kasi i had Citibank credit card kasi when i was a student, but it was already closed 1 year ago, and yes, i had some late payment charges pero it was settled na.

why do they have to ask for a "clearance" from Citibank pa? alam nyo naman na mahirap makipag transact sa Citibank especially when you're asking favor from them.

anyway, thanks to Banco De Oro, in just 10 minutes i was able to open an atm/passbook savings account without any hassle!
    they even gave me options pa about personal investments and super nakasmile pa ang mga tellers.

About your situation about opening an account at BPI, I think the information given to you by the staff is of help on your part and not the other way around. In the first place, how in the world would they know that you have Citibank Credit Card before? The reason why they knew you had Citibank Credit Card before is because your name is included in Negative Databank which known as NDB for the bank employees. Any form of delinquency of payment on your behalf (especially with the banks, particularly with the credit card companies) would be grounds for you to be included in the negative databank, and thus opening an account with NDB (NDB due to any financial matters) is prohibited by the BSP, except NDB due to non-monetary reasons such as libel, annulment, plaintiff, and etc. The NDB list is disseminated to the entire financial institution, especially to banks. If your name is included in the negative databank, it would stay there for life. If you settled your overdue payments, your name will still remain in the NDB list no less than 20 years, but the collecting bank can tagged your name in NDB as Settled, Paid, Fully Paid, or Dismissed (In case the matter was solved/settled at court). In your case, since you said that you already settled your overdue payments, I think Citibank did not tagged your name as ‘Fully Paid’ in the list, that’s the reason why the bank was asking you for a clearance from Citibank. The information given to you – as I’ve said, it would be of help on your part, because since you’ve learned about you being included in the NDB, you’ll be having a hard time in applying for any privileges such as loan/s, credit card applications by the time comes. You really need to ask for clearance from Citibank, so that you’ll not be having a problem applying for any financial applications.

About successfully open an account at BDO – good for you, but not for them, because when an audit goes to their branch and check every account openings and if they found out that they were able to open an account with an NDB – good luck to that branch. NDB accommodation, without approval of the bank’s region head (take note – region head of the bank, and they usually disapprove accommodation.) will affect the branch’s standing especially to the one accommodates you in opening an account. Kasi, it is impossible that BDO wasn’t able to cite your name since NDB as I’ve said, is disseminated to the entire financial institution.

Anyway, friendly advice, please ask for a clearance from Citibank, because your name (reputation should I said) is at stake….

^^ yay. ganun ba yun? i just had few late payments but i don't think i was delinquent...

baka yung nakaaway kong Citibank agent/collector ang nag tag sa kin to be included in NDB.

nag file ako ng complaint dati dun sa citibank collector(?) from credit department dahil kung anu anong sinabi sa kin while collecting my past due accounts.... na kesyo hindi daw dapat ako mangutang kung hindi ko daw mababayaran.
    s'yempre tumaas ang boses ko, at nagdakdakan kami.

nung binagsakan ko ng phone, tinawagan ulit ako then ako naman ang binagsakan. kaya ayun, i filed and sent complaint letter to Citibnak head office, but i dont know what happened na. that was more than one year ago.

basta you know naman how they harass their clients.

anyway, thanks business_guy, that was really informative!

Thanks for the Info

hi business guy,

so, its a BSP policy pala? any logic behind it if you are aware?

which BDO branch? This is a miracle
    Lahat ng BDO na napupuntahan ko ang susungit ng mga tellers. Baka equitable branch dati yung branch na yan.

16. Advertisement

hi business guy,

i think it's like

bayaran mo muna utang, before ka magsave

anyway, what i cant understand is the interbranch deposit fees!
    para saan? kung over-the-counter service fee yun, bakit ayaw nilang ilagay sa receipt?

nakalagay lang sa PNB receipt is misc bank fees.

hi business guy,

Can you give smart answer to that? ....

Can you give smart answer to that? ....
    sorry, am not as smart as those guys who crafted that kind of policy

sorry, am not as smart as those guys who crafted that kind of policy
    Confirmed it with my friend (my former schoolmate) who is currently working in the BSP. They also set rules with the banks with regards to NDB, because this is one way of prohibiting people who engaged in any illegal/suspicious transaction/s in opening an account to bank, as they get rid of cash on hand by depositing it in a bank. Thus, people who engaged with such kind of activity has a higher probability to be included in NDB. They set very strong rules with AMLA (Anti-Money Laundering Act) to bank/s to report any suspicious activity of their customer/s....

Good Information ; Bad Policy

this is one way of prohibiting people who engaged in any illegal/suspicious transaction/s in opening an account to bank.They set very strong rules with AMLA (Anti-Money Laundering Act) to bank/s to report any suspicious activity of their customer/s....
    Thanks for the information

I hope they fine tune this policy together with RA 8484.
    remember BP 22? they eventually decriminalized it when they found out it is being used by creditors to make the courts their collectors?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast