Alaska survived a late-game rally by Ginebra to win 104-90, leading the series at 2-0 and now one win away from the title.read more
Check out which loveteams dropped and which ones came out on top this week!read more
The ADMU Lady Eagles overpowered UST in 4 sets, ousting the Golden Tigresses and advancing to the V-League finalsread more
Guess the theme! Have you seen Twilight, Sister Act and these other movies? Share your thoughts and reviews in here!read more
Visually breath-taking and action-packed, Star Trek: Into Darkness will please casual and hardcore fans alike.read more
Hi guys, we'll be visiting shanghai on 1st week April with package tour 5D/4N. Pero yung arrival namin is around 12 midnight then following day pa *** start ng tour namin. Need your help kung may alam kayong hotel na clean and affordable near Pudong airport.
Also, kung may tips pa kayo that we need to bring or prepare before the trip..
What is the weather like during 1st wk April, we are not sure what type of clothes to bring.
Had a similar trip with my wife & 3 children last November and did both cities but our itinerary is this:
Day 1 - arrival Shanghai around midnight & checked in hotel
Day 2 - toured Shanghai, 10:00 pm, flight to Beijing via Spring Airlines (domestic budget airline of China)
Day 3, 4, 5 - toured Beijing
Day 6 - flight to Shanghai around 7-8 am, then toured Shanghai, watch the circus show then proceed to airport and catch the past midnight flight back to Manila
We hired a private guide in Shanghai for 2 days but we toured via bus & subway since all the tourist spots are accessible. For Beijing, hired private car for 2 days (for Great Wall & the other sites) and just took the subway for Forbidden City & Tiananmen Square. By the way, we got our Shanghai-Beijing-Shanghai airfare at a price similar to that of the high speed train
According to our guide, Shanghai can be toured in 2 days. If we had another day there, she would've advised us to tour the nearby city then.
Hope this helps... Just PM me if you have further questions and want the contact numbers of the guide & driver we got...
Last edited by Maverick 168; Mar 24, 2012 at 09:01 AM.
Anyone knows a cheap/clean hotel near Pudong airport?
Thanks in advance!
Hi, need advice on how to get to Shanghai International Circuit from FX Hotel Shanghai at Nanjing East.
Read somewhere that in the past the nearest station (using metro line 11) was shut down during the Grand Prix. Kindly include also the travel time. Thank you.
arrival kasi namin friday ng maling araw then balik namin tuesday ng madaling-araw
is it fine kung pupunta pa kami ng beijing or stay na lang kami ng shanghai since kapos sa time
mas ok ba na may tour guide, magkano ba ang budget for this kind of trip?
if ok yung tour guide nyo baka pwede malamn contact info... thanks a lot
mas ok ba na kumuha na lang ng tour guide due to language barrier?
ang arrival namin sa shanghai is madaling araw mga 1am, di kaya mahirap magcheck-in sa hotel ng ganung time?
You don't have enough time to go to Beijing.
Pwede na ang 2 days sa Shanghai. The 3rd day can be spent on a daytrip to a nearby water town.
No need to get a guide in Shanghai because the whole city is covered by the subway.
Hindi problema ang check-in basta nakabook na kayo.
Hi guys, here's our itinerary (leaving tomorrow), any quick comments or suggestions?
Day 1 (BEIJING)
Arrival in Beijing 3:15pm
Buy Sim Card and Yi Ka Tong
Go to Novotel, Xinqiao
San Li Tun
Donghuamen Night Market
Mutianyu Great Wall (probably hike up then Toboggan Slide going down, I'm not sure if I can carry my camera bag with tripod though)
Temple of Heaven
Day 6 (SHANGHAI)
Departure from Beijing, Arrival at Shanghai around 10am
Ramada Plaza Gateway Hotel, Xujiahui
Yu Yuan Garden/Bazaar
Oriental Pearl TV Tower
Jin Mao Tower
Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC)
Departure at 5:35pm
(also posted in Shanghai thread)
Just finished my Beijing trip and took the fast train (5 hours, G11 train) from Beijing to Shanghai. Left Beijing at 8 am and it was a pretty comfortable ride.
Arrived at the Shanghai Hongquiao terminal. Took the cab from the Taxi North station at Hongquiao to Blue Mountain Bund Youth Hostel. Fare is 83 RMB.
The location of the hostel is superb. Hostel is at the 6th floor of a 20-some story building. In front of it is a convenience store, BUDDIES. Around the building is an ATM, bank. In fact there are quite a number of banks around the area. You have a couple of bakeries as well.
It's about 3 minute walk to the Nanjing Pedestrian Area, that's also lined with a lot of shops and great architecture at night. Mga ten minutes walk to The Bund.
The rate is 240 RMB for a standard double-room. The reception and carpeting has seen better days. The room is comfy, and a bit surprised that the in-room features are almost hotel like. There are about 5 power outlets inside the room. Bathroom is modern. Frosted glass door. You have a LED tv, cable internet. Wifi is available at the reception, bar.
Ask ko lang sana if how much on the average yung expenses nyo for airfare + accommodation (if 4d 3n lang naman).
Also... worth it na ba mag stay sa shanghai for that period? quick trip lang kasi nagkataon may holiday nun...
im thinking sept 29 to oct 2.
i came across a package (china easter airline and sunrise on the bund hotel) for around 20k pesos if converted (ill be coming from hk that's why).
hmm i thought 4 days in beijing won't be enough that's why i am considering shanghai instead.
will beijing be a cheaper option?
I think that's very expensive but then again, all flights to/from HK to/from Mainland is expensive. A cheaper alternative would be flying from Shenzhen or Guangzhou.
Personally I feel Shanghai is too similar to HK in many ways. If you have 4 whole days, it's enough for Beijing. Even 3 whole days will do. Not sure how much flights cost but it'll probably be expensive too.
BTW you are traveling during a very high peak season, don't expect to find cheap flights during the October 1 holiday season.
was not able to resist the seat sale from Zest Air P6K rtrip to Shanghai. Will be there December
Hereís a list of stylish & complete hotel rooms with affordable rates.
Jianguo Hotel Shanghai
- Price Range: 3k- 5k
- Location: Xuhui District, Shanghai
- Located in Xujiahui, Jianguo Hotel is a 15-minute drive from Hongqiao International Airport and Shanghai Train Station. It features a health club, 6 dining options and rooms with free internet.
- Hotel Jianguo Shanghai is a 50-minute drive from Pudong International Airport. It is a 12-minute drive from Xintiandi and a 15-minute drive from the Bund.
- Jianguo Sunflower Court serves Western and Chinese buffet menu. For an extensive range of Cantonese delicacies visit the CTC restaurant. Authentic Teppanyaki can be found at Itoya Japanese Restaurant.
- Book here
Novotel Atlantis Shanghai
- Price Range: 7k- 10k
- Location: Pudong, Shanghai
- Situated in central Pudong, Novotel Shanghai Atlantis is a 20-minute drive from the Shanghai Exhibition Centre. Well-known Nanjing Pedestrian Street and the Bund waterfront are within a 15-minute drive from the hotel.
- Dining options include Art 50, a rotating restaurant offering international dishes. Chinese dishes are available at Golden Shark, while the 24-hour 2nd Deck cafe serves European dishes throughout the day.
- Up to 2 children (16 years and under) stay free when sharing with parents.
- Book here
Holiday Inn Shanghai Jinxiu
- Price Range: 3k-5k
- Location: Pudong District, Shanghai
- Holiday Inn Shanghai Jinxiu is located in Pudong District, just 2.5 miles from Shanghai International Exhibition Center. Modern and stylish, it offers an indoor pool and a rooftop restaurant.
- Holiday Inn Jinxiu is a 10-minute high-speed Maglev train ride from Pudong International Airport.
- Casa Fiesta offers rooftop dining and delicious Brazilian grilled meat. Pasta dishes can be sampled at Cafť Oasis. Drinks and cocktails are available at the Lobby Lounge.
- Book here
Astor House Hotel
- Price Range: 2k- 4k
- Location: Hongkou District, Shanghai
- Astor Hotel is half a mile from Central He Nan Road subway station and one mile from Qibao Ancient Town. Hongqiao Airport is 9 miles from the hotel.
- Richardís Restaurant serves traditional Shanghainese and Western dishes. Light snacks and refreshing beverages are offered at Richardís Bar.
- Book here
Days Hotel TOngji Shanghai
- Price Range: 2k- 4k
- Location: Yangpu District, Shanghai
- Days Hotel Tongji Shanghai is located in Wujiaocheng, just 55 yards from Tongji University and 4 miles from Hongqiao International Airport. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi and 3 restaurants.
- Dining options at Days Tongji Hotel Shanghai include Chinese, Italian and Western dishes. International and Asian favorites are also available.
- Book here
Click here for complete list of hotels.
Hi Everyone visiting Shanghai jsut in time for the Shanghai Rolex masters. I'm currently looking for hotels na okay maganda yung location. I'm going to Qizhong Stadium for one day lang so Mas okay kung sa City Centre na lang ako tumira. May nakakaalam ba paano pumuntang Qi Zhong Stadium?