PEx Highlights

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

FEATURE: Expectations for Gilas 3.0

With Chot Reyes out of the picture and the Gilas program 'under review', JPM ponders on the possibilities that may happen in the new Gilas.

read more

PHOTOS: Purefoods Back to Winning Ways

Mark Barroca starred in a furious 2nd half comeback win against the GlobalPort, scoring 25 points for Purefoods.

read more

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

PHOTOS: Aces Demolish Bolts

Alaska went on a demolition job against Meralco, defeating the Bolts by an embarrassing 41-point deficit, 105-64.

read more

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Kiefer Ravena

"did you see that?! nakita mo yun?!"

I was going nuts this afternoon as I was watching Game 2 of the AHS-DLSZ finals matchup (congrats to DLSZ btw!), and part of the reason was I was so @ Kiefer Ravena.

OMG man, this kid is what... 13? 14? and he plays LIKE THAT?! Amazing basketball... and it just blows my mind thinking that he's gonna be in the Ateneo Juniors team for 3 more years! I hope he continually improves his game... grows... and eventually moves up into the Ateneo Seniors team.

talk about this AHS freshman here

i'v seen this kid play as i covered the jr. nba games last summer. he's just amazing. i want a younger brother like him.

Sana tumangkad si Keifer katulad ni Bong. Sabi ni Mark Molina kahapon, maliit din si Bong nung 1st year HS pero bago mag-college biglang tangkad umabot ng 6-1 to 6-3 ang height.

Shooter na, slasher pa.

^^^
    ...point guard pa. Among all the players yesterday, talagang impressed ako kay Ravena-first year high school!!!b

If he grows up to be 6'1 or above, we have the future of Philippine basketball right there.

Do you remember what kind of basketball you were playing when you were first year high school? The best case na sa atin is nasa aspirants team tayo. Imagine yourself in 1st year and imagine how you'd fare if you played against upperclassmen. I remember coming from gradeschool, ang lalaking mama naman nitong mga highschool na ito. Thirteen and Fourteen is really the time you start growing - for boys. Totoy na totoy ka pa nyan!

He's playing not just with or against upperclassmen but he's excelling in top level high school basketball. He has three more years of maturing and growing up to do. His dad is 6'2 and the mom is 5'7 - a volleyball player during her years I hear. He's got the genes, he's got the game, and he definitely has the mojo for the game of basketball. I'll watch this kid so I can see for myself the development of the face of Philippine basketball in the future.

freshman, 14 y/o, shooter! astig diba? saan ka pa!

He kinda looks like Jojo Lastimosa...I wonder if....heheheheh

^ haha

what's height na ba currently?

Kieffer Ravena
    - Only a High School freshman as of 2007, but already a major force in his school varsity team
    - Doesn't have his father's height or heft, yet, but already a much better ballhandler
    - Good outside shot, great one on one moves facing the basket
    - If he grows to be his father's size while retaining his current skills & quickness, could be a major, major force in Philippine basketball

Banned by Admin
    5'7" tall at 14 years of age. hmmmm... posibleng umakyat pa ang batang ito up to, maybe, 5'11" to 6'0" by the time he reaches 17 years of age pero sa tingin ko 2 or 3 ang natural basketball positions ng batang ito.

Where can I buy a Ravena jersey? Haha...

Anyway, it was his coming out party that game. He showed absolutely no fear at all.

I was already impresses with his play in the first half, even before he went crazy in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

He had a nice coast to coast attempt, a spin move to a drop pass.

In the 2nd half, he did everything. He showed his touch by hitting a few Tony Parker-like floaters. He displayed his vision by working the give-and-go and pick-roll-plays, and by making a couple of nice interior passes. He challenged defenders for some difficult lay-ups.

I'm really excited for the next 7 or 8 years.

this kid is the real deal....he has a nice touch from 3-pt area, a great floater and excellent playmaking skills....and most of all, buo ang loob....

with the proper guidance of parents bong and mozzie, this kid is really the future of phil. basketball....

also can't wait to watch ray ray parks in action hehe..

The future of ATENEO BASKETBALL. ONE BIG FIGHT!

First time I saw Keifer play was when he was still in La Salle Greenhills. Grade 6 ata sya nun. He didn't have 3 point range back then but he had the baseline drives similar to that of his father.

I guess that's way Manny Pangilinan moved heaven and earth to have Keifer transfer to AHS. A parent of Keifer's LSGH team mate told me that MVP offered a full scholarship all the way up to college for Keifer and guaranteed employment for Bong Ravena as an assistant coach at TnT.

Kalain mo yun 14 years old pa lang suppotado na nya father nya. This kid has tons of talent and a definite headache for all opposing teams.

baka magteam-up pa sila ni rayray parks for ateneo...whoa!

October 2004. It was the MILO SBP/Passarelle championship at the Pasig Arena featuring the Ateneo GS team vs LSGH.

12 seconds to go in the 4th Q. Ateneo leads by 2, 8 seconds with LSGH throwing in their front court. Daroca (lsgh) throws a pass to Ravena (lsgh) who escapes from through a double screen for a practically unmolested shot in front of the basket....which he misses. Ateneo wins it.

After the game parents of the LSGH team start blaming Ravena for the loss. The boy takes it personally and almost every night he repeats the play in backyard basketball court asking himself why the shot didnt go in.

The following school year he leaves LSGH for Loyola. The reat is history.

It is stories like this (if it is true) that makes basketball players into legends hehehe...

And what's with the parents blaming the kid for the loss??? What kind of grown-ups are those people? Shame on them !! (well if it is true)

Quote Originally Posted by hacksaw View Post
    October 2004. It was the MILO SBP/Passarelle championship at the Pasig Arena featuring the Ateneo GS team vs LSGH.

12 seconds to go in the 4th Q. Ateneo leads by 2, 8 seconds with LSGH throwing in their front court. Daroca (lsgh) throws a pass to Ravena (lsgh) who escapes from through a double screen for a practically unmolested shot in front of the basket....which he misses. Ateneo wins it.

After the game parents of the LSGH team start blaming Ravena for the loss. The boy takes it personally and almost every night he repeats the play in backyard basketball court asking himself why the shot didnt go in.

The following school year he leaves LSGH for Loyola. The reat is history.

Simply Irresistible!
    Hay nako. Bakit ganon yung ibang parents nila similar to what happened naman dun sa Passerelle. When Ateneo won the game, yung ibang parents ng La Salle sinugod ang Ateneo players at nagkasuntukan pa. Imagine, bata pa yung pinapatulan. Tsk tsk tsk. Nakakainis lang yung ibang parents eh.

I saw him play for Ateneo in one of the summer leagues held at Club650. They almost won against a college computer school (a small school, can't remember the name). Almost won. Against players who are probably at least 5 years older than him. High school team against a college team. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by anghusay View Post

I guess that's way Manny Pangilinan moved heaven and earth to have Keifer transfer to AHS. A parent of Keifer's LSGH team mate told me that MVP offered a full scholarship all the way up to college for Keifer and guaranteed employment for Bong Ravena as an assistant coach at TnT.
    MVP offered a similar deal to Tim Capacio. The package was so nice that Eli and Tim decided to leave their homes in Paranaque to rent a condo infront of the Ateneo just so Tim can be more comfortable.

La Salle may be losing its players to Ateneo but give credit to where it is due. Iba talaga pag may MVP. Opportunities are given not just to the kids but to the fathers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by anghusay View Post

this is the real reason he transfered to ateneo. 100% correct. kiefer didnt want to leave but bong ravena decided on what he thought was best for his family. in a way you cant blame him, trabaho siyempre ang importante tsaka future ng anak niya because of the guarranteed scholarship. to each his own.

Page 1 of 31 1 2 11 ... LastLast