PEx Highlights

REVIEW: Annabelle

Annabelle is a fun, scary screamfest for the barkada.

read more

An FEU-NU Matchup in the UAAP Finals?

Well, you guys were calling for an FEU-NU matchup and we wrote about it! Check out our article about a potential Tamaraws-Bulldogs matchup in the UAAP Finals.

read more

RPG: 2014 PEx School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

It's back! Enroll now in the 2014 PinoyExchange School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!

read more

PHOTOS: La Salle Extends Series vs FEU

Jeron Teng and the DLSU Green Archers had no problems defeating the FEU Tamaraws on Saturday, 94-73.

read more

PROMO: Gone Girl

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Gone Girl!

read more

Show Me Your Nahulog na Teeths!

Chelsey takes over hosting duties for this week's episode! She and her guest talk about the big fall from the recently held Cosmo Bachelor Bash.

read more

Recipe for broken glass jelly? What about crema de fruta?

I tried searching on the net for a recipe for broken glass jelly but they don't sound like the Filipino style dessert that I like (one recipe says to mix lemon flavored jelly with pineapple juice). A lot of the recipes don't have enough feedback on it so I don't know if they're any good.

I usually order it but the lady who makes them can't do it this time around! Anyway does anyone here have a tried and tested recipe for broken glass jelly. I want to make it for a party I'm having soon.

Another option I'm considering is crema de fruta. I find jelly deserts really good because they're quite light but still delcious. If anyone can help I'd be really grateful. I might post a picture when I make them.

Anyway thanks and hope you can help.

try this recipe for cathedral windows -http://slvrdlphn.multiply.com/recipes/item/27/Cathedral_Windows. I tried it and my kids and husband loved it.

Thanks for the link! I will try it hopefully by this weekend. I will post the results. Looking at the pic parang nagutom nanaman ako-and I just had dinner! Hehehe.

I did this recipe yesterday and kuha yung lasa pero yung creamy gelatine hindi nagbuo. I did the colored gelatine and my mom did the creamy gelatine. She says she followed the recipe so I don't know what went wrong. We used 2 packs ng Alsa unflavoured gelatine dahil walang Knox brand dito. Don't know kung mas concentrated ang Knox or what. When the recipe says "4-5 packets" it means yung maliit na packets di ba? So technically we should have had more than enough gelatine.

Yung una naming kinain had only been in the fridge for about 5 hours. I know, I know, the recipe said overnight. The other one looks a bit more solid pero parang basa din. Ubusin muna namin yung batch na ito and back to the kitchen! Hehe...

Ganyan din yung first try ko. Like you, I thought I could substitute Knox with alsa pero unsuccessful din yung first attempt ko. Since Knox was not available here, I tried using the ferna brand for the creamy gellatin and the alsa for the other flavors, nun lang naging successful. Sorry if i forgot to include that you have to really use knox or ferna .

I guess naghanap ako ng karamay na kailangan 2 beses gawin to have a perfect cathedral windows dessert

Quote Originally Posted by xnl3 View Post
    I guess naghanap ako ng karamay na kailangan 2 beses gawin to have a perfect cathedral windows dessert
    Okay lang. Masarap naman ang lasa kahit hindi solid yung jelly. I haven't seen Knox or Ferna brand in the supermarket dito (I'm in Australia) so I might have to search for it in Filipino stores or speciality cooking shops. I was a bit worried that Alsa didn't have enough gelatine in it because parang yung main ingredient was sugar! Pero alam ko na ngayon. Hopefully my next post will have better news.