PEx Highlights

FEATURE: The Travails of Chot Reyes

Find out as Jay P. Mercado weighs in on the criticism handed to our national basketball team coach, Chot Reyes.

read more

Show Me Your One Big Teeths!

Virgie is absent but Merly has a special guest in this week's episode! Find out who it is in this week's Cheerdance edition of Show Me Your Teeths!

read more

PHOTOS: Adamson Finally Captures Elusive Win

Check out match scenes from the final elimination game of the UAAP Men's Basketball season!

read more

UAAP End of Eliminations Power Rankings

Fun times in Katipunan, the streaking Red Warriors and a very happy Norbert Torres. All that and more in this week's power rankings!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner is a gripping and intense post-apocalyptic rollercoaster.

read more

First BPO Choice Awards Official Launch

The Core Productions, Inc., presented the first industry and awards night that revels the voice of the IT-BPO industry at the ICITE Auditorium.

read more

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24
    ^paging JoRed, humanda na kayo

you only need one of this ---vavoommm

Missiles are nice and all...

But what we need combat choppers (Apaches, Cobras, etc) to support ground units by providing air intel and heavy bombardment.

But what I'd like the AFP to really have are those combat oriented C-130's.

Can anyone please help me? I am not sure if I am on the right thread. We have a neighbor who says he works at Camp Crame. He has his uniforms (blue one and the camo) hung outside his house so that everybody will know that there is a police residing there. He illegally tapped his electricity and several neighbors have reported it to Meralco but when some technicians came to his house, he immediately talked to them then they did nothing. Instead of cutting off the illegal tapping, they installed a legal electricity line and approved their Meralco application immediately. We also noticed that he is always at home for several weeks now and his uniforms are always on display. One of his friends told us that he was suspended for 3 years but will still get salary from Camp Crame even if he is under suspension (????). This policeman acts as if he is untouchable because he is a policeman (but currently not reporting). Somewhat "mayabang" and kinda abuses his authority to scare people. I would like to know how can we find out if he is really working at Camp Crame.

‘Captain Ball’ tagged in ‘Garci’ fraud

By Dona Pazzibugan
    Philippine Daily Inquirer

A “VERY influential person” called the shots in the military operation to rig the 2004 presidential election, according to a senior military officer who has disclosed details of the purported attempted cheating in his former area of responsibility.

Rear Admiral Feliciano Angue, the current commander of the Armed Forces’ National Capital Region Command (NCRCom), said the officer, whom he referred to only as “Captain Ball,” had personally directed the cheating operation and even threatened him when he refused to cooperate.

Angue said he had disclosed the identity of “Captain ball” along with the details of the attempted cheating operation in Tawi-Tawi to the fact-finding body headed by his superior Mateo Mayuga, the then Navy flag officer in command and vice admiral.

But despite his disclosure, Angue said, the Mayuga board cleared four top generals—Hermogenes Esperon, Roy Kyamko, Gabriel Habacon and Francisco Gudani—and the entire military of involvement in the “Hello Garci” election-cheating scandal that nearly caused the downfall of then President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo in 2005.

The Mayuga report, including the testimonies of a number of military officers to the board, was kept confidential during the Arroyo administration.

“Captain Ball” is slang for team captain of a basketball team.

“For now I don’t want to talk about personalities. When I testify [before the Philippine Truth Commission], I will reveal who this person is,” Angue told reporters during an interview conducted in Filipino in his NCRCom office Wednesday.

When pressed, he obliged with hints:

“When you are the captain ball, you are the head of the team. Take it from there. When he gives an order, he will be followed. That’s how powerful he was.

“He said, ‘If you do not follow my order, you better find the farthest place of assignment from here.’ After the elections, there was a threat of physical elimination.

Tawi-Tawi

“He was a very influential person. He personally went around to talk to people. He came to see me to give me a dressing down.”

Angue was the overall commander in Tawi-Tawi during the 2004 elections as head of the Naval Task Force 62.

He recalled how, before the 2004 Elections, two local candidates in Tawi-Tawi told him that the man he called “Captain Ball” had told them to back out because the man supposedly had the military, police and Commission on Elections in control.

Angue said “Captain Ball” gave the order that soldiers, instead of public school teachers, should serve as members of the boards of election inspectors.

He said there was also an order to distribute the ballots and other election paraphernalia ahead of the elections.

Angue said he refused to follow these illegal orders.

He also claimed that additional ballots were flown to Tawi-Tawi on board two airplanes even though there was no need for more ballots.

He said he documented the destruction of these excess ballots after the close of the polling precincts to show that these were unnecessary.

Refused bribe

On Monday, Angue started talking to the media and giving details of the attempted cheating operation in Tawi-Tawi during the 2004 elections. He said he did not allow his men to be used to rig the election results, and was relieved of his post after the elections.

On Tuesday, he disclosed that he turned down a bribe offer involving “millions of pesos” and the post of his choice in the days leading to the 2004 elections.

But he stopped short of identifying who had made the alleged offer and who stood to gain from the election cheating.

Angue, who holds two-star rank, is soon to be replaced as NCRCom commander although he has not been told of his new assignment.

He is a member of the Philippine Military Academy Class of 1978, which includes former AFP chief of staff Delfin Bangit as well as former President Arroyo as an honorary member.

‘Correct values’

Angue said he had broken his silence to impress on young officers the “correct values” they should practice when faced with tempting offers to take political sides.

“The Armed Forces should be apolitical. Why don’t we investigate those who took sides with the winning or losing candidates? They should be investigated because we should be neutral. Why are those who remained apolitical the ones being punished?” he said.

But he quickly added that he was accepting his relief as NCRCom commander.

Quote Originally Posted by karahasan View Post
    Missiles are nice and all...

But what we need combat choppers (Apaches, Cobras, etc) to support ground units by providing air intel and heavy bombardment.

But what I'd like the AFP to really have are those combat oriented C-130's.
    I don't think the Philippine Air Force can afford to buy and maintain and also operate the Apache attack helicopter besides the local enemy does not have any tanks because the AH-64 Apache is primarily designed as an anti-tank platform and not for air intel or heavy bombardment same thing goes with the AH-1 Cobra and the Super Cobra.

If you want air intel then use drones and if you want heavy bombardment then use ground artillery and bomber-attack planes.

FYI the AFP does have a C-130 cargo/transport plane...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PG3ew_iFi3A/SLP0LBuJ7eI/AAAAAAAADrk/IHQPnirlCh0/s400/photo1.jpg
    PAF C-130 Hercules lands/takes-off near ground troops

Quote Originally Posted by Acer_M View Post
    Can anyone please help me? I am not sure if I am on the right thread. We have a neighbor who says he works at Camp Crame. He has his uniforms (blue one and the camo) hung outside his house so that everybody will know that there is a police residing there. He illegally tapped his electricity and several neighbors have reported it to Meralco but when some technicians came to his house, he immediately talked to them then they did nothing. Instead of cutting off the illegal tapping, they installed a legal electricity line and approved their Meralco application immediately. We also noticed that he is always at home for several weeks now and his uniforms are always on display. One of his friends told us that he was suspended for 3 years but will still get salary from Camp Crame even if he is under suspension (????). This policeman acts as if he is untouchable because he is a policeman (but currently not reporting). Somewhat "mayabang" and kinda abuses his authority to scare people. I would like to know how can we find out if he is really working at Camp Crame.
    Get his full name then proceed to the PNP Public Information Office for verification and if you want to file a complaint against him then go to the PNP Legal Affairs Office (if he is truly a police officer if not then go to the nearest police station to report him as pretending or falsifying the public as being a policeman) - all in Camp Crame!

Quote Originally Posted by Acer_M View Post
    Go to camp crame, and head to the community relations dept. They will handle everything.

Or if you dont want to reveal your identity, you can text PNP space YOURMESSAGE send to 2920

I think the successful election has proved that we are a democratic country, thus assure the US support for modern weaponry.

Defense leadership reviewing AFP modernization contracts okayed by GMA

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=63

9. Advertisement

Ochoa: Adequate operational support for gov't forces underway

The Aquino administration is committed to reforming the armed forces and bringing in adequate operational support to government troops to help the military carry out its missions.

"We all want the best for our country and want to help our people weather whatever storms that come their way. Today we have a Commander-in-Chief who is committed to providing you the support you need to allow you to perform your duties to the best of your abilities," Executive Secretary Paquito N. Ochoa Jr. said at the conclusion of the Air Power Symposium of the Philippine Air Force (PAF) in the Mall of Asia on Friday.

The reforms, Ochoa said, are part of the 16-Point Agenda of President Benigno Aquino III envisioned to re-energize and transform a demoralized but dedicated military, police and civil servants to professional and motivated bureaucracies equipped with means to perform their public service missions.

The Executive Secretary lamented the plight of the PAF, which is the most dependent on equipment among the services under the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP).

"It goes without saying that our pilots are some of the best in the world, whether they fly for the country or for a commercial airline. But no matter how great our pilots are, their capabilities can only be exploited if they have the equipment that can do them justice," Ochoa pointed out.

He stressed that the President is aware of the need to upgrade the equipment and capabilities of the armed forces, noting that one of the priority bills the Palace is pushing is a legislation that would extend the life of the AFP modernization program until 2025 to enable the military develop and put in place capabilities that can address threats to national security.

Part of this proposed measure authorizes the Department of National
    Defense (DND) and the AFP to forge contracts of sale, lease and joint venture involving real properties owned by the armed forces or pursue public-private partnerships in order to raise funds for the modernization program.

As chair of the Cabinet cluster on security, justice and peace, Ochoa
    said, he is committed to realizing and implementing the programs and reforms laid down by the President.

The Executive Secretary cited military reforms which have been instituted by the administration, among them the comprehensive review of the financial management systems within the AFP to ensure the full implementation of the defense program and that funds earmarked for this purpose are spent judiciously.

Other reforms include the Aquino administration's appropriation of P4.2 billion to build 20,000 houses for low-salaried members of the AFP and Philippine National Police, and the increase in the combat duty pay and incentive pay for officers and enlisted personnel engaged in combat operations.

http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/today.htm#Ochoa:_Adequate

BRP Gregorio Del Pilar is on her way home! Bon voyage PF-15!

I hope the Chinese submarines in the waters around Taiwan don't sink it first.

Quote Originally Posted by av_phile View Post
    I hope the Chinese submarines in the waters around Taiwan don't sink it first.
    And what made you think that PF-15 will go near Taiwan?

I just referred to the Chinese subs in the area. But it"s not as if they are stationary there.

I just referred to the Chinese subs in the area. But it"s not as if they are stationary there.
    How can there be Chinese submarines near Taiwan when the Taiwanese Navy has 22 anti-submarine guided missile frigates (with 8 more on order), 4 anti-submarine guided missile destroyers, and 4 fast attack diesel electric powered submarines plus 12 P-3C Orions anti-submarine maritime patrol aircraft for such a small island nation?

The Chinese Navy South Sea Fleet which patrols the South China Sea only has 8 submarines, 18 frigates, and 11 destroyers but of course they wil not focus on one area alone (Taiwan Strait) because the Chinese South Sea Fleet also operates in the Paracel Islands and Spratly Islands where tensions are high.

What makes think subs remain in just one area?.

By some estimates China has 60 subs, at par with the US. At least 30 or so high speed stealth subs. The same one that surfaced in the middle of a US naval exercise in 2007 without being detected to the embarrassment of the US naval command. It was within range to have sunk the USS kitty hawk that was a sitting duck.

And they could all be deployed around the Pacific waters near China, including the Philippine and Taiwanese waters.

And you think Taiwan would commit suicide attacking China's sub? Especially when China has 1,500 missiles aimed at it?

China's subs enjoy unchallenged supremacy over the waters around the country

What makes think subs remain in just one area?.
    You mentioned it before and in your recent posts!

By some estimates China has 60 subs, at par with the US. At least 30 or so high speed stealth subs. The same one that surfaced in the middle of a US naval exercise in 2007 without being detected to the embarrassment of the US naval command. It was within range to have sunk the USS kitty hawk that was a sitting duck.
    You're talking about all the submarines in the Chinese Navy as a whole BUT I was referring to the Chinese South Sea Fleet only. The Chinese Navy as a whole has 64 submarines but only 4 are ballistic missile submarines while the US Navy has 71 submarines where 18 are ballistic missile submarines. The Chinese submarine that sneaked in to the USS Kitty Hawk carrier battle group is a Song class fast attack diesel electric powered submarine which is not assigned in the South Sea Fleet where all you worries might be coming from. It is with the East Sea Fleet and there are only 3 of them left.

And they could all be deployed around the Pacific waters near China, including the Philippine and Taiwanese waters.
    The Chinese Navy has 3 fleets with different areas of deployment and jurisdiction:

1. The North Sea Fleet patrols the Bohai Bay and the Yellow Sea which protects Chinese interest near the Korean peninsula especially that the US has a military base in South Korea.

2. The East Sea Fleet patrols the East China Sea which protects Chinese interest near Japan especially that the US also has a military base there.

3. The South Sea Fleet again patrols the South China Sea which protects Chinese interest in the Spratly and Paracel Island groups.

You deploy all Chinese Navy fleets in the West Philippine Sea and China will have nothing left to guard its Northern and Eastern waters where the US can easily launch air and ship-borne strikes from military bases in South Korea, Japan, and Guam!

And you think Taiwan would commit suicide attacking China's sub? Especially when China has 1,500 missiles aimed at it?
    For defensive purposes, a Taiwanese Navy anti-submarine warship can challenge a Chinese submarine if it violates the rules of the sea. Taiwan also has anti-missile defenses both land-based (Hawk, Patriot, and TK-1 SAM systems) and ship-based (RIM-66 Standard, Sea Sparrow, and the Crotale EDIR) to counter the 1,500 missiles aimed at them by China.

Taiwan's present-day strategic air defenses are oriented logically with respect to the perceived primary threat to the nation's security: the People's Republic of China. The bulk of the air defense assets are located on the northern and western sides of the island, with their sensors illuminating the cross-strait environment to monitor for any unauthorized inbound traffic. Air surveillance is provided by eleven EW facilities, and engagements are prosecuted by twenty two fixed missile batteries, occupied by HAWK, Patriot, and Tien Kung SAM systems. These systems have engagement ranges of 40 kilometers, 160 kilometers, and 200 kilometers, respectively. A further twenty two Skyguard facilities are located to provide close-in defense of key population centers and military facilities, some of which are equipped with 18 kilometer range RIM-7M Sparrow missiles.
    http://geimint.blogspot.com/2009/05/...m-network.html

China's subs enjoy unchallenged supremacy over the waters around the country
    I don't think so because they still have to follow the international laws of the sea. Are you PRO-Chinese military?

Banned by Admin
    Palace reassures public of AFP modernization to protect sovereignty
    June 8, 2013 5:38pm

Malacañang on Saturday reassured the public the government has not lost its focus in achieving a minimum credible defense position to protect Philippine sovereignty against external and internal threats.

Presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda said the government has already accomplished much in modernizing the country’s police and military.

“We are going to achieve what we have always maintained, what the President has always said—a minimum credible defense position; and if the lawmakers would wish to add to the budget of the AFP, again, we are going through a budget deliberation process,” Lacierda said on government-run dzRB radio.

He added the current thrust of the government is modernizing the Philippine police and military.

As for some lawmakers' call to increase the 2014 budget of the police and military for 2014, he said they can do their share by taking part in the deliberation for the 2014 budget.

Lacierda also said Congress can add to the budget for the military and the police, which would be a great help for the country.

But he said adding any amount should be in the budget process and budget deliberations.

“It is within the process itself, as to their discretion how they would like to assist in further modernizing our forces,” he said.

Under the AFP Modernization Law, the Aquino administration acquired a Hamilton-class cutter from the US, the BRP Gregorio del Pilar.

The Navy is also awaiting the arrival of another naval ship from the US, he said.

Also, he said the military acquired several combat helicopters from Poland with the first four choppers now being used by the Air Force.

There are additional deliveries of more choppers as well as jet fighters most probably from South Korea.

The Presidential Communications and Operations Office added modernizing the Philippine military is a "necessity" for the country as tension rises in the West Philippine Sea.

"Among the concerns for the Philippines are the alleged continuous patrols of China near the shoals within the country's exclusive economic zone," it said. — LBG, GMA News

source: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...ct-sovereignty

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24