PEx Highlights

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

PHOTOS: Lady Spikers Win in Opening Tiff

The DLSU Lady Spikers opened their campaign with an impressive four-set win over the Adamson Lady Falcons, 25-23, 24-26, 25-14, 25-17.

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Takes Care of UP in 3 Sets

The FEU Lady Tamaraws easily dispatched the UP Lady Maroons in a three-set victory, 25-14, 26-24, 25-20

read more

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

PROMO: Past Tense

Join the promo and get a chance to win block screening tickets to Past Tense!

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    m not anyone's spare tire

how to apply for S2 license number

admins, feel free to move this thread if it belongs elsewhere.

does anyone know (esp doctors here in pex) how to apply for an S2 license number? S2 license enables doctors to prescribe regulated drugs. i tried searching in the bfad site, but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by movie_junkie View Post
    admins, feel free to move this thread if it belongs elsewhere.

does anyone know (esp doctors here in pex) how to apply for an S2 license number? S2 license enables doctors to prescribe regulated drugs. i tried searching in the bfad site, but to no avail.
    Doctors and dentists are the ones who apply for the S2 license. For inquiries, one needs to go to PDEA. Its office is located in QC.

Office is near the national printing office.

requirements:
    original and photocopy of PRC license
    PTR 2007
    TIN card / ITR
    Drug test result (computerized)
    1x1 picture
    PhP1500 fee, valid for 3 years.

i'm following my heart. :)
    do all licensed physicians need to have an S2?

Quote Originally Posted by regptrp_md2b View Post
    do all licensed physicians need to have an S2?
    If you have no intentions of prescribing regulated drugs, even the likes of diazepam, you have the option not to get one. If you would go on training, chances are, you have to get one. Kaya lang minsan, pag wala ka, mahirap when you are caught on the spot in front of a patient that you can't prescribe diazepam or stilnox just because of the S2 (kung wala ka nga). Aside from the license, there's this yellow pad that you have to buy from PDEA.

Be wary too, that once you get the S2, and in any case your license expires and you want to renew it, say 2 years later, may surcharge yun. Surcharge is like paying backdues. I think its 500 per year, so if its 2 years, that's P1,000 + the regular P1,500.

Fyi lang naman.

^ gosh! ang mahal. i have still to worry about the fee of membership to the las pinas medical assoc'n (for PMA), pambayad sa S2 pa kaya.

i'm applying for Neurology residency. for sure, i'll be prescribing diazepam & stilnox (if ever i get accepted).

I am confused. What's the PTR number?

Quote Originally Posted by Altwegg View Post
    I am confused. What's the PTR number?

Professional tax receipt. Go to your municipal office and present your PRC card to the treasurer's office or cashier. Pay for it (depends on the municipality) and they'll give you a receipt with the PTR number on it. Has to be renewed every year.

Quote Originally Posted by marbles View Post
    Professional tax receipt. Go to your municipal office and present your PRC card to the treasurer's office or cashier. Pay for it (depends on the municipality) and they'll give you a receipt with the PTR number on it. Has to be renewed every year.
    In addition to this, do not lose the PTR itself. Every year when you renew it, they would ask for the PTR you used the year ago. Kapag walang ma-produce, alam ko ipa-pa explain pa sayo kung bakit nawawala ang PTR mo (in short, baka mapa affidavit of loss ka pa, na notarized pa).

Thanks for the heads up.

hindi ba *** PTR ang hinihingi ng senior citizens to avail for medicine discounts?

ang daming kelangang asikasuhin.. whew!
    Last edited by bleudsky_md; Sep 11, 2007 at 01:39 PM.

Sino po merong S2 ng doctor??

hello guys sino po dito may S2 ng doctor?
    i need to buy stilnox for my insomnia, ayaw ko na pumunta ng doctor. hehe puro interview naman ginagawa then ganoon din naman yung magiging prescription, or should i ask saan po kaya ako pwede magbili ng stilnox na no need ng RX?
    Last edited by smilewarrior; Jul 17, 2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling correction :(

May na raid na isang drugstore dahil nagbenta ito ng prescription medicine sa isang bumibili na walang reseta. Nasara yung drugstore at natelevise pa ito. Tingin ko, dahil dito, wala nang magtatangkang magbenta sa mga walang reseta sa ngayon.

Stilnox is a regulated drug that requires a prescription and an S2 license. I'm sorry but we can't help you with that.

paano ko malalaman kung meron s2 license ang isang vet.

^ simply ask him/her personally.

is pdea open during saturdays? i'm going to apply for my s2 license soon (for my ER rotation).

may I ask on what drugs are under the S2 prescriptions? thanks

You can easily check these out in a copy of MIMS. On the right you'll see either DD or EDD, followed by an Rx:

DD, Rx - Dangerous Drug as listed in the Dangerous Drugs Act of 1972; supplied only On official prescription forms issued by the Dangerous Drugs Board.

EDD, Rx - Medicine not classified dangerous but containing any amount of prohibited or regulated drugs, supplied on ordinary prescription forms.

Quote Originally Posted by bleudsky_md View Post
    ^ gosh! ang mahal. i have still to worry about the fee of membership to the las pinas medical assoc'n (for PMA), pambayad sa S2 pa kaya.

i'm applying for Neurology residency. for sure, i'll be prescribing diazepam & stilnox (if ever i get accepted).
    Doc, saan po kayo nag Neuro residency? I'm planning to apply too.

^ PM sent.

I applied for an S2 license last year (when I became a senior resident-in-training) out of necessity. Armed with complete requirements, I went to PDEA and in less than 30 minutes, my temporary ID na ako. The actual ID was released 1 month later. I only bought the Yellow Rx pads at East Ave. Medical Ctr. just this year when I graduated from my residency training. I also inquired at Phil. Children's Medical Center but they don't sell it anymore. Sa EAMC lang.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast