PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Army Survives Ateneo Scare

Army wins against Ateneo despite blowing off a two-set lead, 25-22, 25-13, 28-30, 20-25, 16-14.

read more

PHOTOS: DLSU Completes Comeback Win vs UE

Prince Rivero came up big in the clutch, scoring two crucial baskets to help DLSU complete comeback bid over UE, 60-58

read more

Prepare to Go Into the Storm

From New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, comes the tornado disaster film Into the Storm.

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

The Unique Heroes of Marvel's Guardians

Know more about Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket.

read more

Tolomia: FEU Needs to Work on Defense

Mike Tolomia says his squad still needs to improve their defense if they want to contend this season.

read more

Cool Planet Infinity: 24/7 gym in QC (Mother Ignacia)

http://bp2.blogger.com/_711bTOwE2HA/RraHs64_pFI/AAAAAAAAATE/Azl8hIKPCZA/s200/strength2.jpg http://bp3.blogger.com/_711bTOwE2HA/RraLUK4_pHI/AAAAAAAAATU/Bgt37d0L4Hs/s200/planet-pix_01.jpg http://bp1.blogger.com/_711bTOwE2HA/RraLmq4_pII/AAAAAAAAATc/6391nhjnhtw/s200/planet-pix_02.jpg http://bp0.blogger.com/_711bTOwE2HA/RraIia4_pGI/AAAAAAAAATM/-JIdUysIA8s/s200/lounge.jpg

Located at 77 Mother Ignacia St, QC (near Timog, it's at the C77 bldg), it's a 24-hour gym boasting the following amenities:

• "State-of-the-art" Facilities
    • Lap Pool
    • Energy Lounge (Food & Health Bar)
    • Electric Spa
    • Learning Salon
    • Lifestyle Shop

According to this article in the Manila Standard, it is partly owned by Cesar Montano. The contact numbers listed on their flyer are 4107926 and 3762044.

I like the location and the fact that it's a 24-hour gym. It's a bit disappointing that they don't have boxing equipment, although the lap pool is a great alternative.

Pinnacle is nearby and they have excellent facilities as well (including boxing and MMA equipment), although they're not open 24/7.

Anybody care to comment? Field reports from people who've actually trained there are most welcome.

i thought we all agreed that planet infinity is epic phailure?

really? bakit naman sya naging "phailure"?

mas madaya pa sya kaysa sa fitnessfirst.
    lol

ACNT Permanently Disabled Trippy's Avatar
    Honga bakit phailure tong gym na to?

read my reply, MAS MADAYA PA SILA SA FITNESS FIRST.

if you think fitness first isn't fair with credit card payments, mas worse pa ang infinity.

ACNT Permanently Disabled Trippy's Avatar
    I checked their gym several days ago. Isa lang masasabi ko: Impressive.

But looking back, nung nakita ko yung mga amenities nila and the perks that come with it, I've realized that its just another social gym: machine oriented, focused on group exercises etc. At least they have a zen-like recovery room where you can relax after a "heavy" work out. I emphasized on the word "heavy" since i've seen a work out routine that is more challenging.

There is a lap pool upstairs pero aside sa membership mo, you need to pay 100 for the use of the pool. Sabi sa akin "for maintenance daw." P2,000 ang monthly membership and there is a one-time processing fee of P1,500. You also have to pay another P2,000 for the advance membership. The gym only accepts credit card payments or postpaid checks.

I asked them, "tell me how do you handle a member's program?" Sabi sa akin, they change it every 3 months. Meron pa silang nabanggit na mandatory na kumuha ka ng instructor when you start your training. Too bad i never asked if you have to pay the instructor separately but most likely meron yun.

When I compare infinity with my gym, sobrang walang masasabi ang gym ko. amenities pa lang including the "recovery room" wala kami noon. Group exercises are still in the process of being set-up. But if you consider the results, di hamak na mas mabilis ang resulta sa gym ko because the program is dynamic. It changes every session. There are no plateau periods. The instructors are very helpful (i don't know during peak hours) and the aura of the gym gives you a sense of seriousness and determination in producing results. I know its just a mental stimulation but so far it works for me.

Do they have a website?

tsaka di na sya totoong 24 hours di ba?!

may promo ang planet infinity. 9k 6mos (1500/month) and you dont have to pay pool fee. meron din 16plus thousand pesos 1year no pool fee also but you need to have a partner for this.. promo is until feb 15.. and im going to take the 6months promo.. grabe ganda talaga ng planet.. receptionist palang panalo na..

Quote Originally Posted by st_bede21 View Post
    may promo ang planet infinity. 9k 6mos (1500/month) and you dont have to pay pool fee. meron din 16plus thousand pesos 1year no pool fee also but you need to have a partner for this.. promo is until feb 15.. and im going to take the 6months promo.. grabe ganda talaga ng planet.. receptionist palang panalo na..
    wow impressive. nag gygym ako dito nung 2006-2007 2k/month pa binabayaran ko nun. it is gud may promo sila ***** na 9k/6months napag isip tuloy ako. agree ako wala ako masabi sa gym na ito. nice facilities mababait pa mga tao. at hindi sya "palengke" tulad ng ibang gym

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
    I checked their gym several days ago. Isa lang masasabi ko: Impressive.

But looking back, nung nakita ko yung mga amenities nila and the perks that come with it, I've realized that its just another social gym: machine oriented, focused on group exercises etc. At least they have a zen-like recovery room where you can relax after a "heavy" work out. I emphasized on the word "heavy" since i've seen a work out routine that is more challenging.

There is a lap pool upstairs pero aside sa membership mo, you need to pay 100 for the use of the pool. Sabi sa akin "for maintenance daw." P2,000 ang monthly membership and there is a one-time processing fee of P1,500. You also have to pay another P2,000 for the advance membership. The gym only accepts credit card payments or postpaid checks.

I asked them, "tell me how do you handle a member's program?" Sabi sa akin, they change it every 3 months. Meron pa silang nabanggit na mandatory na kumuha ka ng instructor when you start your training. Too bad i never asked if you have to pay the instructor separately but most likely meron yun.

When I compare infinity with my gym, sobrang walang masasabi ang gym ko. amenities pa lang including the "recovery room" wala kami noon. Group exercises are still in the process of being set-up. But if you consider the results, di hamak na mas mabilis ang resulta sa gym ko because the program is dynamic. It changes every session. There are no plateau periods. The instructors are very helpful (i don't know during peak hours) and the aura of the gym gives you a sense of seriousness and determination in producing results. I know its just a mental stimulation but so far it works for me.
    ask ko lang po, where is this gym of yours? i would like to work out in a gym that gives fast and impressive results. thank you

pwde bang mag 1 day trial dito sa planet infinity?