PEx Highlights

Calling All Travel Bloggers!

Wanna get featured in PEx-Travel? Share with us your travel blogs and have your entries promoted around PinoyExchange!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

Watch 'The Legend Ends' Trailer!

Check out the trailer of the final instalment of the Rurouni Kenshin series, 'The Legend Ends.'

read more

Wake Me Up When You Show Me Your Teeths!

In this week's Show Me Your Teeths!, the ladies talk about the -ber months, the upcoming Bench Fashion Show and the Cosmo Bachelor Bash.

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
    Driven. Responsible.

Cool

What is the best brand of condom? Why do u say its the best? Is it effective in preventing pregnancies? Need your insights. Thanx!

Talking

Lifestyles condoms!

Have a question ***...What is the meaning of Vibra-ribbed condoms? You have so many kinds of condoms to choose from....Doc, can u kindly differentiate each type of condom? Is it also possible that it will break? What is the cause of this? How can we avoid this occurence? Hoe effecrive are condoms in preventing pregnancies and STD's?
    Thanx.

Originally posted by Dominic Reyes
    What is the best brand of condom? Why do u say its the best? Is it effective in preventing pregnancies? Need your insights. Thanx!
    I'm not sure what local and international condom brands are available in the Philippines, and whether there is a local study about how durable and reliable they really are. Even internationally, few studies have been done by reliable, independent sources (meaning, not funded by condom companies). Independent consumer studies on American brands show the following to be good quality condoms: Sheik Excita Extra Ribbed, Ramses Extra Ribbed, Sheik Elite, LifeStyles Vibra-Ribbed, Ramses Extra, Ramses Sensitol, Sheik Classic, Sheik Elite, Trojan-Enz Large Trojan-Enz NonLubricated, Lifestyles, Touch from Protex, and Trojan-Enz Spermicide. Among the lowest rated brands were LifeStyles Ultra Sensitive, Trojan Very Thin, Trojan Extra Strength, and Trojan-Enz. They are about 75% effective generally, give or take a few points.

Originally posted by Lasallian_Gentleman
    Have a question ***...What is the meaning of Vibra-ribbed condoms? You have so many kinds of condoms to choose from....Doc, can u kindly differentiate each type of condom? Is it also possible that it will break? What is the cause of this? How can we avoid this occurence? Hoe effecrive are condoms in preventing pregnancies and STD's?
    Thanx.
    There are only 4 major types of male condoms: Novelty, latex, polyurethane (plastic), and natural (sheepskin). Novelty condoms are not good for protection against STDs or pregnancy. As their name implies, theyíre just for fun and for something different. An example of this is edible condoms. Natural condoms are only good for protection against pregnancy, not against STDs (since their pores are small enough not to allow sperm to pass through but large enough for disease-causing organisms to pass through). They're expensive because they're very comfortable. Latex condoms are the ones you usually see in drugstores. Used consistently and correctly, these will protect you against STDs and pregnancy. There are many subtypes of condoms (ribbed, flavored, contoured, extra sensitive, lubricated, unlubricated, glow-in-the-dark, etc.), but they basically offer the more or less the same level of protection. (Ribbed condoms are the "textured" types, to increase sensation.) Use of these subtypes of condoms is basically a personal choice and depends on your sexual practice. Polyurethane condoms are for people who are allergic to latex condoms, those who don't like latex's "cold" feel, and those who do not like the taste of latex. When you get a trusted brand and you use it properly, condoms do not generally break. Latex condoms generally average around 95% effectivity against pregnancy, and higher against STDs, but only when used properly. If not used properly, the rates are of course much lower.

Wink Kimono!

Originally posted by Lasallian_Gentleman
    Lifestyles condoms!

Thanx.
    Of course there is always abstinence. Kimono condoms are the best I've tried so far. It is thin and sensitive, so sensitive sometimes you feel as if it's not even there.

Talking

i've been askin' this and no one seems to answer. where can i buy those imported condoms (durex, trojans, powerplay, wet n' wild, etc.). dati kasi sa mercury sa glorietta meron ngayon wala na. ampanget naman ng trust, fulex, etc. parang interior ng goma eh.

Arrow

The only store in Manila that seems to sell a variety of condoms is Gary Lising's shop in Galleria. You can check that place out.

Talking

Originally posted by Ira
    The only store in Manila that seems to sell a variety of condoms is Gary Lising's shop in Galleria. You can check that place out.
    oh yeah, someone referred me to that place but i was kinda hesitant coz i know that shop sells novelty items and i'm not sure if their condoms were really meant to be used.

Talking

Hmm.. I don't want to seem naive or anything... but how the heck do condoms get broken?!

My friends and I were being a little naughty so we decided to play around with condoms. We filled them up with water and some other stuff... and it took some time for them to break!

Sheesh, couples who get condoms broken must be VERY VIGOROUS he he

Talking

Originally posted by Ira

Latex condoms generally average around 95% effectivity against pregnancy, and higher against STDs, but only when used properly. If not used properly, the rates are of course much lower.
    this may appear to be an asinine question but im just SUPER praning...how would you describe the proper usage of a condom?

Talking

hmmmm....such an interesting thread wait, yung store ba ni Gary Lising yung nagsesell ng glow-in-the-dark na condoms? i know it sounds weird and stupid, pero i want to give one of my best friends na guy some...he's always in the gripes with his gf. don't get me wrong. it's all for the sake of fun and goodwill.

just a q. meron ba talagang pambabaeng condoms?

FragileFlame98:

The proper way of putting on a male condom:

1. Do not unroll the condom before it's put it on. When the penis becomes erect, put the condom on it (before there is ANY contact with a partnerís genitals, not when climax is about to be reached!).Unroll the condom a short distance to make sure the condom is being unrolled in the right direction. The rolled ring should be on the outside. Roll the condom down carefully over the whole length of the penis.

2. Squeeze the tip of the condom between the thumb and the forefinger to expel air. Leave a small space on the top of the condom to catch the semen, or use a condom with a reservoir tip. Remove any air that remains in the tip by gently pressing toward the base of the penis.

3. When using a lubricant, check the label to make sure it is water-based. Do not use petroleum-based jelly, cold cream, baby oil, or other lubricants such as cooking oil or shortening. These weaken the latex condom and can cause it to break. Johnson and Johnson's KY jelly is safest.

4. After ejaculation, withdrawal should be done while the penis is still erect while firmly holding on to the rim of the condom while pulling out so that it doesnít accidentally come off.

5. Donít use a condom that is brittle or that has been stored near heat, in your wallet or in the glove compartment for a long time. Check the package for the expiration date.

dee-dee: Lising's store probably has this, as well as that wedding store on the topmost level of Megamall building B (near the parking lot na). And yes, there is a female condom.

Talking

doc... hindi ko pa alam... ngek ngek.. hindi kasi ako nagamit nan eh...

Question female condom?

o talaga??? doc, please enlighten...

It's just similar to a male condom. It's inserted into the vaginal opening before sex.

Talking praning

during intercourse/after ejaculation is it possible for a condom to break without you knowing it? afte ejaculation, semen has to leak out of the "broken" condom right?

Condoms can break, of course, especially if you use dubious brands or oil-based lubricants.

Talking

when do you consider condoms OLD? like what if you kept one for like 6 months?

Properly stored condoms (say, in cabinets) can last up to 5 years from manufacturing date, although some would say it's as little as 2 years. Those with spermicides can last up to 3 years. Heat and keeping them in wallets (the Filipino males' favorite hiding place) can damage them. It's of course best to check the expiry date on the label, since there are differences between manufacturers.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast