PEx Highlights

Season Preview: UAAP Season 77

The most exciting collegiate basketball tournament is back. Find out what the different teams bring to the table in UAAP Season 77.

read more

Where San Mig Stands in History's Best Teams

What made the Grand Slam even more memorable was how San Mig had to overcome several obstacles to achieve this remarkable feat.

read more

PHOTOS: San Mig Cops Grand Slam

San Mig became the 5th team in PBA history to achieve a Grand Slam after escaping Rain or Shine with a hard-earned 92-89 game 5 win.

read more

REVIEW: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Visually stunning, haunting and compelling, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is a must-see.

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Stuns DLSU

The FEU Tamaraws overcame a slow start to stun defending champs DLSU with an 82-77 victory to open UAAP Season 77.

read more

Show Me Your Teeths: BesTEETHS!

The girls go emo and sentimental and pay tribute to best friends and sidekicks in the realm of Pinoy TV, movies, and... Batang X?

read more

Page 1 of 95 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast

Celebrity Urban Legends

Tales that are not necessarily true (or untrue for that matter), but have been repeated, distorted, or sensationalized so often, we often wonder what the real story is. Have you heard of scandalous whispers about celebrities pero mahirap iverify because they seem shrouded in tall tales or unsubstantiated rumors? I do. Here are some:

Alfie Anido was supposedly murdered by the son of a powerful gov't official..

Pepsi Paloma was gang-raped by a certain comedic group that drover her to suicide..

Marilyn Monroe's death was murder, not suicide..

The real Paul Mccartney died at the height of Beatles popularity..

The Bongbong Marcos we have now is a fake, the real one died in London in his youth..

If you have info on the above, please share it. If you've got your own qs, post em here.

That Marcos is still alive? i read it here sa pex mismo..na that person attended this wedding and he/she was so bummed when he/she saw that marcos was one of the ninongs.

Kinausap pa siya ng kinasal at sinabing wag nya sasabihin kahet kanino na nandoon si marcos.

Whoa.. ilang taon na kaya si marcos ngayon?

Eto pa, Alice Dixson was supposedly paid hush money by a well-known Filipino-Chinese clan to keep her grisly experience in their mall under wraps.. her story being she was almost eaten by a monster man-snake residing at the basement of the mall, rumored to be the clan's ghoulish offspring, kaya inaalagaan. Anyone ever heard of this?

^ alam ko yung kay alice dixon.
    sikat yung half-snake half-human na anak ng isang mall owner. kay dati nung bata ako, kinakatok ko yung mga sahig sa dressing room ng mall na yun kung may secret entrance.

^ Huh? What i can remember was not Alice Dixon but Rita Avilla with Robinson's Galleria's department store.

^^ hmm that's funny.. i've never heard of the rita avila version til you mentioned it..

got this from a blogger.. all-out showbizzy naman

Incredible Urban Legends on Pinoy Celebrities

Here are six incredible and even preposterous urban legends on local celebrities:

1. Snake Charmer

First heard: Late '80s.
    The lowdown: Robina Gokongwei has a twin, a giant serpent, whose secret lair is located beneath Robinson's Galleria. When it's time to feed the snake, a trapdoor opens in one of the Galleria's fitting rooms, sending one unlucky shopper down through a maze of pipes and into the snake-pit. One day, Alice Dixon was in the wrong fitting room at the wrong time. Lucky for her, the serpent fell in love with her and decided to let her go.
    Truth factor: As likely as Alice resurrecting her career.

2. Lightbulb Moment

First heard: Late '80s.
    The lowdown: Richard Gomez is Jaime Zobel de Ayala's paid lover. In the course of one intercourse, Zobel shoved a light-bulb up Goma's rectum because he's that kinky. Unfortunately, the glass broke and poor Goma had to be rushed to the emergency room.
    Truth factor: C'mon. Zobel, with all his riches, can afford to buy a titanium dildo. You actually think he'd use some cheap store-bought bulb?

3. The Elevator Incident

First heard: Early-to-mid '00s.
    The lowdown: Ting. Elevator door opens. In walks Gretchen Baretto, also known to her family as Satan, and her entourage of yayas and bodyguards. Another woman enters the elevator right after her. Deeming the woman unfit to be sharing the same space as her (and her Bulgari jewels), La Gretta proclaimed, "please tell this woman to get off my elevator", to which the woman retorted, "please tell this woman to get off my building." It turns out that the woman is Mrs. Yuchencho, a member of the clan who owns RCBC plaza. Exit la Gretta.
    Truth factor: Smoke, fire, you know the cliche. Plus, she doesn't really hide the fact that she's an uber-*****.

4. Miss Hooker World

First heard: Mid '90s.
    The lowdown: Ruffa Gutierrez may have lost the prized Miss World crown in 1993, but her exposure in that pageant helped turn her into a globe-trotting, world-class prostitute. With her mom as pimp, Ruffa snagged high-paying clients and eventually, settled down with Turkish mobster, Ylmaz Bektas.
    Truth factor: You know there's a little truth to it when the source is your distinguished law professor.

5. Pinay Winona Ryder

First heard: Mid '00s.
    The lowdown: Pretty, fair and demure Lucy Torres is a shoplifting freak. Her thievery has escalated to the point that she can't shop without being followed by an assistant who pays for every item she's lifted. A security camera at Rustan's captured Lucy doing the Winona hand-trick and the footage found its way to the desk of Karen Davila. The Kapamilya station agreed not to air the video in exchange for unknown favors from Goma.
    Truth factor: There's something quite off with Lucy. Maybe this is it?

6. Death in Dos Palmas

First heard: 2002
    The lowdown: On March 29, 2002, at the Dos Palmas resort in Palawan, bedimpled matinee idol Rico Yan, now Saint Rico, died due to "cardiac arrest following a rupture of the pancreas." Those in the know, however, claim that Rico overdosed with a cocktail of illegal drugs and that on the night of his death, Rico banged a hooker who was delivered and paid for by his dear friends, Dominic Ochoa and Jana Victoria.
    Truth factor: Isn't it a little strange that they didn't release his autopsy report? Hmm.

from misterhubs.blogspot.com

For Ms Hooker World...Ruffa...Aint it obvious that she is???

***come to me closer*** BiniBiningBruha's Avatar
    ^^more

sabi nila kaya daw aalis Si Janelle Jamer sa wowowee eh dahil buntis siya sa baby ni Willie, ewan ko lang kung totoo

hmmm ok..

one of the most incredible urban legends i've heard: one of our most revered Filipino heroes allegedly fathered two illegitimate sons, who grew up to be two of world history's most infamous villains - responsible for the death of millions of people all over the world.

sino sila?

^^^ is that the Jose Rizal-Adolf Hitler thing? I dunno...Im interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mystify View Post
    hmmm ok..

one of the most incredible urban legends i've heard: one of our most revered Filipino heroes allegedly fathered two illegitimate sons, who grew up to be two of world history's most infamous villains - responsible for the death of millions of people all over the world.

sino sila?
    anong year ba nandun si Rizal and for how long?.....

Quote Originally Posted by mystify View Post
    hmmm ok..

sino sila?
    eto ba yung sinasabi nila na si jose rizal and jack the ripper eh iisa?

Yes, Jose Rizal apparently fathered Adolf Hitler and Mao Zedong.

Adolf Rizal (and his Half Brother, Rizal Zedong)
    by Manuel L. Quezon III

Here is the craziest thing Iíve heard (and Iíve heard it more than once, at parties): Adolf Hitler was really the illegitimate son of Jose Rizal. Here is the second craziest thing Iíve heard: Mao Zedong was actually Rizalís illegitimate son. Two variations, I suppose, on the idea that "Yes, the Filipino Can!"

Sadly, I found the two theories so funny that I never thought of asking the people who told them to me to explain on what grounds they based their claim about Der Fuehrer and the Great Helmsman. A dentistry student friend from UE has also heard these fanciful theories, but it also did not occur to him to ask on what evidence these fanciful claims were based. So I did a little research to find out how people could make up such a story.

The claim that Adolf Hitler was Rizalís progeny must be based on the following facts:

• Adolf Hitler was born on April 20, 1889 (that means he could have been conceived sometime in August 1888), in the little village of Braunau, near the German- Austrian border.
    • He was born an Austrian and remained one until the 1930s.
    • The name of Hitler mother was Klara Polz.
    • At one time she was a maid in Vienna.
    • Hitler always considers a town Linz, in Austria, as his hometown (in his Political Testament he referred to " my hometown of Linz on the Danube").
    • Hitler's oldest brother, Gustav born on May 17, 1885, and his sister Ida, born in 1886, both died before he was born.
    • Bavaria was considered the "cradle" of Nazism.
    • The Nazis made Japan one of the Axis powers. At one point they tried to prove that the Japanese were Aryans, to make the Japanese members of the "master race."

Now combine the above information with the following, culled from the life of Rizal:

• On February 1, 1886, he left Paris for Germany. He went to Heidelberg, Wilhelmsfeld, Munich (in Bavaria), all somewhat near a GermanĖAustrian border; on August 9, 1886 he left for Leipzig ("visiting various German cities along the way," one book says), arriving there on August 14. In October he went to Dresden and then to Berlin.
    • In Berlin he finished Noli Me Tangere. One of the bookís characters is named Maria Clara.
    • On May 11, 1887, Rizal began his Grand Tour of Europe. He went to Dresden, Teschen (now Decin in the former Czechoslovakia), Prague, and then Brunn (where he lost a diamond stickpin), and Vienna (where he got back his diamond stickpin, which was found by maid in the hotel he stayed in Brunn) in Austria.
    • On May 24, 1887, he left Vienna by riverboat to see sights on the Danube River (on the boat he saw paper napkins for the first time). His voyage ended at Linz.
    • From Linz he went to Munich (where Hitler attempted a putsch in 1923) and Nuremberg (site of the Nazi Party rallies and the War Crimes trials), and other German cities.
    • Rizal was in the German Empire, sometimes past the German-Austrian border, from February 1886 until he went to Switzerland in early June 1887.
    • Rizal was again in Europe from May 24, 1888, until October 18, 1891. He was in London, Paris, Brussels, Madrid, Biarritz, Ghent. He was in Europe during the time Hitler was conceived and when he was born.
    • Rizal in 1888 had an affair with a Japanese woman, Seiko Usui, when he visited Japan. She had an only daughter, Yuriko, by a foreign husband some years after her encounter with Rizal. Yuriko later married the son of a Japanese politician.

Put all these information together and you may be able to conclude the following: Hitler was conceived either in 1887 when Rizal passed through Linz or other towns (such as Brunn - How do you think he lost the diamond stickpin? And who was the "maid" who found it later and gave it to Blumentritt who forwarded it to Vienna?) near the Austrian border. In which case Hitlerís older siblings were fictitious, to cover up his motherís being pregnant with him. In other words, Hitler was actually born before 1889.

Or he was conceived in August 1888, when Rizal was supposedly in London. Or perhaps in September 1888, when Rizal went to Paris for a week (to have a rendezvous with Klara?). Maybe he went to Paris in 1889 so he could communicate more easily with the now-expecting Klara? Klara Polzlís affair with Rizal may have centered around Linz, which is why the Hitler family moved there later (so Mama Hitler could live where she had An affair to Remember), which would explain Hitlerís fondness for the town.

Finally, Seiko Usuiís only daughter was not really fathered by her husband, Alfred Charlton. He was simply a front. Yuriko, you see, was Rizalís daughter! And Hitler knew she was his half-sister. She used her influence on her brother Adolf to persuade him to enter into an alliance with Japan (making it one of the Axis powers). Which is why Japan invaded the Philippines!

Yuriko made it clear to Hirohito that Hitler would appreciate it if his ally were to take over his fatherís homeland. And of course the reason why Hitler wanted to become dictator of Germany was because his natural father had spent some of the most interesting years of his life there!

That, I think, is the rationale behind such a fantastic claim based on information that can be gathered from any high school textbook on Rizal and any good biography of Adolf Hitler. Naturally, this can only be done through selective use of the evidence, but it does make for an amusing piece of historical fiction.

Now, as to the idea that Mao Zedong was also Rizalís son. Unfortunately this claim cannot be supported by even the most spurious evidence. Mao Zedong was born in 1893, in Hunan Province, which you could say is kind of near Hong Kong. But at that time (1893), Rizal was in exile in Dapitan. Now it would have been possible for Rizal to scamper around Europe and get Klara pregnant without anybody noticing, but he couldnít possibly have jumped into a boat and rowed to Hongkong without being caught. He did pass through Hong Kong in 1888 and 1891 but he never seems to have visited other parts of China (unless you count Xiamen and Macao). So there are no details that can be manipulated.

These exercises in foolishness prove how creative Filipinos can be. What other people would be able to make the bogus claim that one of their heroes fathered the man who almost turned Europe into a "howling wilderness" (to borrow from the instructions for the extermination of Samar by American forces at the turn of the century). That would have been poetic justice, I suppose. The brown man strikes back and all that sort of thing.

wala e, malib0g ang national hero natin e

i've heard the bong bong marcos conspiracy. a former bodyguard of bong bong told us. sabi niya pagbalik ni bong bong galing europe, sobrang bait daw ni bong bong. unusual daw dahil yun kilala niyang bong bong sobrang *****! this is true! i swear to God! nagulat ako nung nabasa ko yun thread. akala ko din kalokohan lang.

is the rumor about Pilar Pilapil used to have STD was true?

Quote Originally Posted by joekristoffer View Post
    i saw pilar pilapil deny this on tv. the rumor was ganti sa kanya for carrying on an affair with a politician from an influential clan.

i grew up hearing a lot of rumors about the marcoses and their cronies.

imee is imelda's daughter by a manila mayor (same one that died of a heart attack while in bed with an actress)

imee had tommy manotoc abducted para mahiwalayan si au pijuan

ampon ni fpj and susan roces ay anak ng sister ni susan, rosemarie, kay marcos

liezl (daughter of amalia fuentes) left showbiz kasi ni-rape ni jackie enrile (son of juan ponce enrile, same guy that supposedly killed alfie anido). this turned out to be untrue kasi kaya nag-quit si liezl was because she eloped with albert martinez

imelda marcos and ninoy aquino had an affair

Banned by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by joekristoffer View Post
    hindi lang yun ang narinig ko.

to cure her daw, the doctor inserted a rotting piece of meat into her vajayjay. the meat attracted the maggots inside her. the meat was then pulled out...

Page 1 of 95 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast