PEx Highlights

Season Preview: UAAP Season 77

The most exciting collegiate basketball tournament is back. Find out what the different teams bring to the table in UAAP Season 77.

read more

PHOTOS: PLDT Crushes Cagayan

Despite a decent effort, the PLDT Turbo Boosters crushed defending champions Cagayan in a straight-set 25-23, 25-23, 25-21 win.

read more

PHOTOS: UAAP Season 77 Press-Con

The UAAP gave collegiate sports fans a glimpse of what to expect in Season 77 with a press-conference. Check out scenes here!

read more

PHOTOS: San Mig Cops Grand Slam

San Mig became the 5th team in PBA history to achieve a Grand Slam after escaping Rain or Shine with a hard-earned 92-89 game 5 win.

read more

REVIEW: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Visually stunning, haunting and compelling, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is a must-see.

read more

Top Male Celebs

Find out which handsome hunks dropped and came out on top this week!

read more

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Sun Life Financial Philippines

Share any stories about this company?

Sunlife is stable insurance company

Sunlife is a reliable insurance company! They are not a flashy company but they do there work for your money! They also have good financial planners to cater to your budget and what products you want and need.

Yep! Grabe ang stability nila. Kaya nga ang haba ng history nila dito sa 'Pinas e.

Pero mukhang nagmahal na sila ngayon....

I agree that Sunlife is one of the most stable insurance companies worldwide. Hindi ko lang nagustuhan yung ginawa nung isang account executive nila. Habang pinag-aaralan ko yung mga proposals niya, pumunta ng US. Nakausap ko naman siya by cellphone, at sabi niya 3 weeks pa daw siya duon. I suggested na sana i-endorse niya nalang ako sa ibang agent para madaling makapagtanong at ma-process na ang mga papers. Sabi niya, siya nalang daw ang mag-aasikaso pagbalik niya. April pa kami nag-usap, June na bukas, wala pa akong natanggap na tawag galing sa kanya or from anyone sa Sunlife!

Perhaps she doesn't really need the money nor the job at Sunlife, but she's definitely doing a disservice to the company! Nakakasira lang siya sa goodwill ng Sunlife. Ilan na kaya ang nawalang clients nila because of her?

As for me, kumuha nalang ako sa AXA at saka sa Generali.

eh kumusta naman income generating services nila? are they deserving of your money? baka matindi mag bill ng charges sila?

I had a placement with them, sunlife balanced fund, malaki naman ang kita compared to time deposits.. bawi ko na *** sales load na binayaran ko sa kinita ko, so ok na.. and maalaga sa client *** agent ko cos she updates me from time to time..

La akong ma say or ma complain sa sunlife, ok ang history nila and yun management background nila malupit so no doubt naman if you'll going to invest in their mutual funds.. mga managers nila mukhang matatatag din

Or try nyo mag trade ng stock market... mas risky kesa mutual funds but there's a lot to learn..

http://www.pinoystocks.com

Guys, I'm planning on getting an insurance. Which do you recommend, Sun Life or Philam Life? Thanks!

I want to invest in Sun Life's equity fund. Are there any Sun Life agents here?

Sun Life Agent Here

Hello there! You may want to direct your questions regarding Sun Life thru me. Thank you. I am just new here on PEX

Question Money Market fund

Quote Originally Posted by anabea View Post
    Hello there! You may want to direct your questions regarding Sun Life thru me. Thank you. I am just new here on PEX

hi, pls give info naman about this investment. whats the yield range (% int)? can you give me a sample computation if we're going to invest around 100-200K.of course you can use current %rate. how much is the yield for 3mons, 6mons, & 1 year? we're currently in the look out for a good institution to keep the money for a few months or yrs maybe. Is this risk-FREE? what will be the charges? thanks!

for those who have invested their money with Sunlife:

pls share naman if it's okay to invest here compared with the banks. thanks!

Re: Sunlife Agents

Hi. Those interested in Sunlife financial products like VUL and MF may PM me. My partner and her team at Sunlife can assist you in your particular investment objectives and requirements. You may also contact them directly:

Lala Baldelovar
    Sunlife Career Agent / Mutual Fund Rep

Quote Originally Posted by blu_flair View Post
    hi, pls give info naman about this investment. whats the yield range (% int)? can you give me a sample computation if we're going to invest around 100-200K.of course you can use current %rate. how much is the yield for 3mons, 6mons, & 1 year? we're currently in the look out for a good institution to keep the money for a few months or yrs maybe. Is this risk-FREE? what will be the charges? thanks!

for those who have invested their money with Sunlife:

pls share naman if it's okay to invest here compared with the banks. thanks!
    anyone who can answer this?

After a month of investing my P50K in Sun Life's mutual funds, my net gain (2% front saled load already deducted) is more than P2K. 4% returns in 30 days is not bad, that is if the NAVPS will be maintained dahil medyo maganda stock market ngayon. Mas malaki pa sana ang gain ko if I bought the shares noong medyo bumaba ang market during the US subprime woes.

is it ok to invest now while the navpu is low?or steady lang muna?

16. Advertisement

Selling stocks short :)
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidwolverine View Post
    is it ok to invest now while the navpu is low?or steady lang muna?

If its based on Philippine stocks, wait for the market to stabilize. Looks like a 6 month to 1 year horizon before we see the market's bottom.

hi everyone, is it ok to invest now? i have a 100k php amount that i wouldl like to invest. I could lock it in for 2 - 4 years. I would like to be sure it would preserve its value and earn a little bit at least after it has matured.
    thanks !

PinoyWebStartup.com Founder sxy_shandy's Avatar
    @butterboi0730
    traders (technicians), who buy and sell stocks for a living and monitor the market day in and day out would say you should buy on an uptrend (prices are clearly going up or bull market) and sell when prices are going down (bear market)
    for capital preservation, government bonds are as safe as you can get. you can buy through chinabank. kaso nga lang, hindi natin masasabi ang pagtaas o pagbaba ng interest rates, which will affect yung makukuha mo pag binenta mo na. kasi 5-year term din yun diba.
    time deposits, to be tax-free need at least 5 years. rural banks offer 18-20% p.a. while the bigger banks are ~4%. caveat: rural banks have less stringent requirements with BSP and are usually used as a source of funding by the bank owners (lalo na pag family-owned). personally, i'm too wary to deal with that, kahit na PDIC pa yan. ok na ko sa hsbc at bpi for liquidity... pero kung investment, nasasayangan ako sa time deposit.
    so yon lang naisip ko ngayon. kahit sun life agent na ako ngayon, hindi kita pinilit bentahan pang-long term kasi talaga yung products dun. at first love ko ang personal finance.

Quote Originally Posted by butterboi0730 View Post
    hi everyone, is it ok to invest now? i have a 100k php amount that i wouldl like to invest. I could lock it in for 2 - 4 years. I would like to be sure it would preserve its value and earn a little bit at least after it has matured.
    thanks !
    Since medyo malaki amount ng money mo and hindi masyadong stable ang market, I suggest you invest it on more secured instruments like 5-yr fixed time deposit or Retail treasury bonds. pag 5-yr fixed TD, tax free na yan, kaya malaki na rin ang interest.

I have seen the product of Sun Life and really.. if you know something about how insurance and investments work...

You'll know that this product isn't GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I repeat. IT IS NOT A GOOD PRODUCT!

marami ang naloloko sa produkto nito kasi nakakabulag talaga yung 1 million insurance plus may MF's pa. Pero as I have learned through seminars, you really waste a lot of money in Sunlife. You don't maximize your money here.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast