NBA - Page 15 | NBA | PinoyExchange

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the Western Conference Finals?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suns in 4

2 4.26%
  • Spurs in 4

0 0%
  • Suns in 5

3 6.38%
  • Spurs in 5

5 10.64%
  • Suns in 6

9 19.15%
  • Spurs in 6

15 31.91%
  • Suns in 7

7 14.89%
  • Spurs in 7

6 12.77%
Page 15 of 17 First ... 5 14 15 16 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by klonoa View Post
    uh i think that it was close because the suns were pumped up because of the suspensions.

they still would've lost to the spurs with amare and diaw
    Nah....i think they would have won. It just seem they got tired in the 4th quarter. Thats expected when you basically just play 6 players most of the game.

makes me wonder why coach D didn't play jalen rose or piatowski at least for a few minutes.

oh well...I'm not expecting the suns to win anymore.

Finals will be snore-fest with pistons versus spurs...yey

Quote Originally Posted by vince 15 View Post
    Each time I see Horry's foul on Nash, I get more convinced that it wasn't such a hard foul and that Nash has to be contacted by entertainment industry agents, but that's just my opinion.
    Same here....

Quote Originally Posted by vince 15 View Post
    Each time I see Horry's foul on Nash, I get more convinced that it wasn't such a hard foul and that Nash has to be contacted by entertainment industry agents, but that's just my opinion.
    I agree!!! That's what you called flopped... When i saw the blocking foul of Rob to Nash, natawa ako sa reaction ni Nash when he fell down. Late reaction yung pag taas ng kamay nya. Bumagsak then tsaka tinaas yung kamay. LOLZ!!! It is also the same of getting an offensive foul. Show to the ref that you had a hard bumped to the offensive player.

Pareng Sonic, I think the suspension of Amare and Boris also gave the remaining Suns something extra to play for which made them play above themselves (i.e. Thomas). Add to that the more charged crowd and you've good a team that is at it's highest, to borrow from the 70s, biorythm. Unfortunately, they faced a team that is not easily rattled. Any lesser team would have crumbled in the face of the very determined Suns.

Its win or go home for the Suns tomorrow. I'm hoping that they will pull this one and go back to Phoenix for game 7.

Quote Originally Posted by klonoa View Post
    difference is that the 90s bulls and 80s lakers/celtics all had big name superstars and were fan favorites. they were all fun to watch and clutch.
    Their half-court game was overshadowed by the personalities. If Jordan/Bird would have been as stoic as TD the casual fan would have not been as excited aabout the Bulls/Celtics.

duncans game just doesnt appeal to the casual fan. its fundamental basketball. boring but effective.
    True and the rings prove the effectivity.

also the 80s showtime lakers were hardly "snore" ball halfcourt
    They played a great half-court game. If they played the Phoenix "run and gun" style they would have never been as effective as they were.

Another interesting tidbit on the history of the bench clearing rule in the NBA.

"The tipping point for the rule probably occurred in March 1993 in, of all places, Phoenix. After a sprawling slugfest between the Suns and New York Knicks, the best teams in their respective conferences, a record 21 players and the two teams were fined a total of $160,500.

Most memorable in the melee was the injured Greg Anthony coming off the Knicks bench in street clothes to sucker-punch the Suns' Kevin Johnson. Knicks coach Pat Riley put a headlock on Johnson, and was subsequently knocked to the floor and had his pants torn."

Phoenix? But here is where it gets interesting.

"How nuts were those days? Three months before the Phoenix debacle, a Houston Rockets player was shoved into the Sonics bench during a game at the old Coliseum, where he tangled up with the Sonics 66-year-old assistant coach, Bob Kloppenburg. Getting up, the player shoved down Kloppenburg, causing the Sonics bench to explode in anger. After the game, the coach called the player "classless," and the player called the coach "senile." But no fouls or fines."

"The perpetrator of this elder skelter? Robert Horry."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/thiel/316284_thiel18.html

HoopsTV - Basketball Blog and Video Clips

Kapampangan Pride dakilangungaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davey3000 View Post
    Nah....i think they would have won. It just seem they got tired in the 4th quarter. Thats expected when you basically just play 6 players most of the game.

makes me wonder why coach D didn't play jalen rose or piatowski at least for a few minutes.

oh well...I'm not expecting the suns to win anymore.

Finals will be snore-fest with pistons versus spurs...yey
    its Suns vs CAvs!!!

^^That would be Stern's wet dream. But his non-action on the Suns suspensions probably killed any conspiracy theories. Well, that's the risk he had to take. If the Spurs and Pistons move on to another humdrum finals, then he only has himself to blame.

Sangang Dikit ni Boy Laway Geeboy's Avatar
    Para sa lahat: "The Suns never have won a best-of-seven series that was tied at 2-2." So alam na ang resulta ng botohan...

Spurs na ang panalo dito. Time to start a new thread.

Popovich for President!!!

diba 2-2 sila last year against the clips?

I would love to see the Suns win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
    ^^That would be Stern's wet dream. But his non-action on the Suns suspensions probably killed any conspiracy theories. Well, that's the risk he had to take. If the Spurs and Pistons move on to another humdrum finals, then he only has himself to blame.
    You're claiming that a Suns-Cavs series is Stern's "wet dream," implying that he wants that match up to happen badly. Then you follow up with a statement that calls him out for the Stoudemire/Diaw suspensions (which clearly lowered chances of a Suns-Cavs series)

If we are to follow up on your Suns-Cavs wet dream theory, then Stern SHOULD have broken the rules and let Amare and Diaw go with just fines instead of suspending them and still suspended Horry paving the way for a Suns Game 5 win instead of the Spurs Game 5 win?

Even though I like Nash, my money is on the Spurs to win this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wordlife6000 View Post
    You're claiming that a Suns-Cavs series is Stern's "wet dream," implying that he wants that match up to happen badly. Then you follow up with a statement that calls him out for the Stoudemire/Diaw suspensions (which clearly lowered chances of a Suns-Cavs series)

If we are to follow up on your Suns-Cavs wet dream theory, then Stern SHOULD have broken the rules and let Amare and Diaw go with just fines instead of suspending them and still suspended Horry paving the way for a Suns Game 5 win instead of the Spurs Game 5 win?
    You missed the whole point, bro. I was jokingly letting Stern off the hook despite his non-action regarding the Suns suspension, knowing that he probably dreads a repeat of a Spurs-Pistons final, which generated the 2nd lowest TV ratings in NBA finals history in 2005.

The Nets winning the East won't be any better: the finals in 2003 between them and the Spurs (again) earned the worst TV ratings in NBA finals history.

Ergo, the team with the most exciting offense (Suns) against the team that's neither the Pistons nor the Nets (and they have the most marketable star left in Lebron) would be Stern's best hope for a good showing ratings-wise. But all the innuendo that Stern rigs the show (beginning with the Ewing-Knicks lottery) is stopped dead in its tracks with the Suns suspensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
    You missed the whole point, bro. I was jokingly letting Stern off the hook despite his non-action regarding the Suns suspension, knowing that he probably dreads a repeat of a Spurs-Pistons final, which generated the 2nd lowest TV ratings in NBA finals history in 2005.

The Nets winning the East won't be any better: the finals in 2003 between them and the Spurs (again) earned the worst TV ratings in NBA finals history.

Ergo, the team with the most exciting offense (Suns) against the team that's neither the Pistons nor the Nets (and they have the most marketable star left in Lebron) would be Stern's best hope for a good showing ratings-wise. But all the innuendo that Stern rigs the show (beginning with the Ewing-Knicks lottery) is stopped dead in its tracks with the Suns suspensions.
    The sarcasm is usually lost in typed text.

But again, you can't blame the NBA or Stern for the lack of interest of the casual fans in the impending Spurs-Pistons series. They've been trying to "kill" the half-court/defensive game for years now as evidenced by the recent rule changes. Unfortunately, despite the rule changes, no team has come close to getting to the NBA Championship round with a heavy reliance on the "run and gun" style.

I like the Suns. Steve Nash is one of my favorite players. But they need to stop whining and quit blaming other people for their inability to reach the NBA Finals and win.

And by the way, I'm a girl

^^Oops, no offense, I have to be more gender-neutral in my posts. And I always try to make sure my irony is clear with a smiley (which I did).

I see what you're saying. It's just disappointing to see the Suns go out this way, if they do lose in Game 6. At least a Game 7 to help put this issue to rest, but I don't think the Spurs will squander the opportunity tonight.

Get the $^%#@$%^ rebounds!

@the half Spurs 53 - Suns 51

Page 15 of 17 First ... 5 14 15 16 ... Last