PEx Highlights

FEATURE: The 1986 FIBA World Championship

How would the 1986 Philippine national team have fared had it gone to Spain in the 1986 FIBA World Championship?

read more

PROMO: If I Stay

Join the If I Stay promo and win advance screening tickets!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Talk Back and You're Dead

It may not the type of movie that can explain the deeper meaning of life, but it's the movie that can melt your heart.

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 6

The power rankings are back! We talk about the top dogs, the lovable losers and Kyle Neypes' recent transformation.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno

Perfectly choreographed fight scenes and compelling execution makes "Kyoto Inferno" the perfect bridge to "Legend Ends."

read more

PHOTOS: Ateneo Wins in the Clutch Again

Kiefer Ravena made another clutch shot at the dying minutes of the game, cementing an Ateneo win over the UE Red Warriors, 78-73.

read more

What's the difference between IBM Business Services and IBM Daksh?

I know both are "BTO" companies of IBM (whatever that means), but I'm sorta confused as to the real differences. I mean, it seems they both have call center accounts, they both have back-office operations and they both use the IBM name. So, what's up? Parang kasi, it's cannibalization on IBM's part to have two companies that have similar functions compete for the same applicant pool.

What's are the organizational structures like? I hear IBM Daksh is an Indian firm, so what's IBM BS? And how does the main IBM Philippines fit into all this? Separate cultures ba or integrated? Thanks.

Good point on cannibalization. 2 subsidiaries of 1 company going after the same applicants. Hmm...

Both companies are IBM subsidiaries that run independently from each other. IBM has four entities in the Philippines including IBS and Daksh. The other two are IBM Solutions Delivery (ISD) and IBM Philippines (IBMP). IBMP serves as the main IBM entity in the country.

I guess the main difference is the industry that they are involved in. IBS is focused on back-office HR/F&A service delivery while Daksh is mainly a contact center. The call center service of IBS consists of less than 10% of its business unlike Daksh who relies heavily on it.

I would assume that the culture between all four companies are highly different from each other. From afar, it might seem that they are targetting the same candidate pool but in reality they are not. IBS, for one, require college degrees while Daksh doesn't.