What's the difference between IBM Business Services and IBM Daksh? | The Working Filipino | PinoyExchange

PEx Highlights

Next Billion Dollar Movie

Which among the most anticipated movies of 2015 will make it to the billion dollar mark? Or will a surprise entry makes it to the list? Share your predictions here.

read more

How to deal with immigration officers?

Let PExer Moonstruck give you tips in dealing with Philippine Immigration Officers for Your Travel Abroad.

read more

UAAP 78 Game Schedules

Know when your teams will play against their biggest rivals this season. For game and schedule updates, check out this thread.

read more

UAAP Season 78 Courtside Reporters

UAAP season 78 is back with a new set of lovely courtside reporters who are all ready to be the voice of the game. Are you ready to meet the girls?Check out this thread

read more

Starstruck Prediction Game

Among our 35 new Starstruck hopefuls, can you spot the real deal?Join the 2015 Starstruck 6 Prediction Game!

read more

Gilas Pilipinas Update

Gilas Pilipinas sealed another win against Japan, 75-60. PExers are talking about the game here.

read more

What's the difference between IBM Business Services and IBM Daksh?

I know both are "BTO" companies of IBM (whatever that means), but I'm sorta confused as to the real differences. I mean, it seems they both have call center accounts, they both have back-office operations and they both use the IBM name. So, what's up? Parang kasi, it's cannibalization on IBM's part to have two companies that have similar functions compete for the same applicant pool.

What's are the organizational structures like? I hear IBM Daksh is an Indian firm, so what's IBM BS? And how does the main IBM Philippines fit into all this? Separate cultures ba or integrated? Thanks.

Good point on cannibalization. 2 subsidiaries of 1 company going after the same applicants. Hmm...

Both companies are IBM subsidiaries that run independently from each other. IBM has four entities in the Philippines including IBS and Daksh. The other two are IBM Solutions Delivery (ISD) and IBM Philippines (IBMP). IBMP serves as the main IBM entity in the country.

I guess the main difference is the industry that they are involved in. IBS is focused on back-office HR/F&A service delivery while Daksh is mainly a contact center. The call center service of IBS consists of less than 10% of its business unlike Daksh who relies heavily on it.

I would assume that the culture between all four companies are highly different from each other. From afar, it might seem that they are targetting the same candidate pool but in reality they are not. IBS, for one, require college degrees while Daksh doesn't.