PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: DLSU Completes Comeback Win vs UE

Prince Rivero came up big in the clutch, scoring two crucial baskets to help DLSU complete comeback bid over UE, 60-58

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 2

Are the Blue Eagles back on top again? Check out this week's PEx UAAP Season 77 Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

The Unique Heroes of Marvel's Guardians

Know more about Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket.

read more

Prepare to Go Into the Storm

From New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, comes the tornado disaster film Into the Storm.

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan upsets Army

Cagayan Valley Rising Sun hands Philippine Army its first loss through 4 sets, 27-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-22

read more

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erap_arroyo99 View Post
    isa pa ito..
    Hey, your comments haven't really been that helpful. How 'bout giving us your top threes? If you have a problem with the schools provided, perhaps you can give us some new ones to choose from? I notice the choices are more or less repetitive! -_-

Quote Originally Posted by commoner View Post
    **Based on domination of schools in the Top 3 local universities**

Boys:
    Xavier
    ADMU
    LSGH

Girls:
    ICA
    Assumption San Lo
    Poveda/Woodrose

Coed:
    Philippine Science
    DLSZ
    ISM
    What makes ISM (This is International School Manila, right?) better than Brent for you? I don't really know what the difference between the two schools is, apart from the location! And well.. I prefer the Brent Campus...I took my SATs at ISM and it was still bare and very enclosed --- I felt claustrophobic. Heh. With the Brent Campus, I was impressed (took my PSATs there).

More or Less..

Boys
    1)Ateneo H.S.
    2)Southridge H.S.
    3) LSGH

Girls
    1) ICA
    2) Assumption San Lorenzo/ Poveda
    3) Woodrose

COed
    1) La Salle-Zobel
    2) UPIS
    3)Phi Sci

My picks for boys-Ateneo
    -La Salle
    -Xavier

For Girls
    -Miriam
    -St. Paul
    -St. Theresas

Coed
    -UST H.S.-St. James
    -Brent

Magaling UST H.S., I could say one of the best high school. In fact, madami close UST H.S. sa Ateneo and La Salle and othe top exclusive schools. At magbabarkada sila.

Aside fom being rich, UST students are so bariny in fact a lot of La Sallians and Ateneans nagpapatutor sa mga taga UST. So, I can really say they are the UST high school who is the Best.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by capriciosogb View Post
    My picks for boys-Ateneo
    -La Salle
    -Xavier

For Girls
    -Miriam
    -St. Paul
    -St. Theresas

Coed
    -UST H.S.-St. James
    -Brent

Magaling UST H.S., I could say one of the best high school. In fact, madami close UST H.S. sa Ateneo and La Salle and othe top exclusive schools. At magbabarkada sila.

Aside fom being rich, UST students are so bariny in fact a lot of La Sallians and Ateneans nagpapatutor sa mga taga UST. So, I can really say they are the UST high school who is the Best.
    UST HIGH SCHOOL? HA,HA,HA!!! madami talaga dito sa pex na taga-ust.

Hrmm... Nobody really says their reasons for preferring the schools anymore. -_- Just ranking doesn't really do much considering some people haven't encountered some of the schools here before, or if they have, it was just the "name." If something's unfamiliar, it's too easy to discount! And if something contains the same schools across rankings, there should be justifications at least? (i.e., ICA is number one because of their academic training in the maths and sciences)

Quote Originally Posted by princess_pea View Post
    Hrmm... Nobody really says their reasons for preferring the schools anymore. -_- Just ranking doesn't really do much considering some people haven't encountered some of the schools here before, or if they have, it was just the "name." If something's unfamiliar, it's too easy to discount! And if something contains the same schools across rankings, there should be justifications at least? (i.e., ICA is number one because of their academic training in the maths and sciences)

Are you in addition, questioning why I put UST H.S. or you mean other schools? For your curiuosity and satisfaction okay, The UST H.S. is one of the top suppliers and producer of TOP GRADUATES for UP and UST. Those who can't make it goes to La Salle or Ateneo. UST is also an institution of academic excellence, spiritual and scoial well being thus, creating a well-rounded and exemplery students for not only the TWO TOP SCHOOLS (UP and UST) but for ADMU and DLSU as well.

We have a lot of students coming from ICA also and assumption and also the Philippine Science High School.

Quote Originally Posted by capriciosogb View Post
    Are you in addition, questioning why I put UST H.S. or you mean other schools? For your curiuosity and satisfaction okay, The UST H.S. is one of the top suppliers and producer of TOP GRADUATES for UP and UST. Those who can't make it goes to La Salle or Ateneo. UST is also an institution of academic excellence, spiritual and scoial well being thus, creating a well-rounded and exemplery students for not only the TWO TOP SCHOOLS (UP and UST) but for ADMU and DLSU as well.

We have a lot of students coming from ICA also and assumption and also the Philippine Science High School.
    I was referring to everything? Like what's the justification for the boys' rankings, the girls' rankings, and the co-ed rankings after UST? I got the UST HS part though! Thank you for providing that earlier.. I think you just repeated your information here?

Anyhoot, I'm referring to everyone who posts. Hehe, guys! If you can! Even just a side comment per school would do.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_pea View Post
    What makes ISM (This is International School Manila, right?) better than Brent for you? I don't really know what the difference between the two schools is, apart from the location! And well.. I prefer the Brent Campus...I took my SATs at ISM and it was still bare and very enclosed --- I felt claustrophobic. Heh. With the Brent Campus, I was impressed (took my PSATs there).
    sorry typo.... brent dapat.

oh yeah LSGH #1!!! Animo BaBY!!!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by kettlecorn888 View Post
    2. Manresa
    Cost: 7 (scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest)
    Others: Solid Academics. Math is emphasized. Basic Catholic Values
    I studied here and I beg to disagree. They don't have "solid academics". We didn't even have calculus in high school [I don't count it because we only breezed through the topic since we no longer had time--it was already the end of the schoolyear]. I went to DLSU and had a friend who studied engineering [ECE]. He said that everything we learned in our math classes in HS was discussed in one day at DLSU. Math, obviously, is not emphasized.

Aside from the not-so-solid academics, if anyone decides to enroll their kids here should as much as possible find extra-curricular activities for their children outside school because Manresa doesn't offer much in this area.

ALL BOYS:
    1) LSGH:boys i've met there were gentlemen. going to the dangerous side when crossing streets..etc. stuff like that
    2) PAREF SOUTHRIDGE:never thought i would like these guys. but, they're hella nice as well
    3) ADMU:the least of my choices, i must say. they weren't exuding the "gentlemen" essence within them, or just the persons i know? well, i must not generalize. i still guess that there are some of them who are ok. haha.
    4) (if this thread will allow it) XS:haha. most are bratty, bragging ones but they are still ok. i mean, if you got the brains, the looks and the money.. why not brag about it, right? haha.

ALL GIRLS:
    1)AC-SanLo:good friends. good vibes. great company. not some though. some are really bratty ones
    2)StSchoMla:great in public speaking. i must say, even my prof was impressed! the school still standing after 100 years must mean that they are really pretty good academically and socially...although some are really pain in the ***.
    3)ICA:very friendly, funny girls. not finicky and game to get rowdy.

CO-ED:
    1)St.Jude:the school for mostly fil-chi students? they're hella good academically and they make great friends, they don't judge too whether you're a fil or not.
    2)CKSC:yes, another school for mostly fil-chi students. same reason as St. Jude's.
    3)DLSZ and CSA:very friendly party people. has good social skills too.

I guess these schools will be my top picks. However, there are also some schools out there who would probably top my picks. No school is perfect I guess. I mean, if there were..wouldn't we enroll ourselves there? Every school have their own downsides. Each has someone failing, cutting classes, using drugs and so on. I guess it depends on the students who carry the name of their schools on the real world: the workplace.

High Schools of my choice!

Here's my opinion:

BOYS:
    1. A - La Salle Greenhills = being biased since 3 of my cousins are from lsgh! very good when it comes to instruction! mahal nga lang ang tuition! (parang southridge!) sure future since priority ng dlsu sa college admissions! maraming known people ang galing dito! emphasized din ang religion! (dala-dalawa pa nga eh!)
    2. B - Xavier School = masyadon maraming chinese kaya walang sense of filipino patriotism! pero generally ok in ALMOST ALL aspects.
    3. C - Ateneo = kilala kasi and quite reasonable ang tuition! 80,000++ per annum!

GIRLS
    1. A - Woodrose = good communication skills! sobrang mahal nga lang!
    2. B - Assumption
    3. C - Poveda

CO-ED
    1. A - De La Salle Santiago Zobel = good environment! kilala din since many known people came here!
    2. B - Phil. Science HS/Manila Sci. HS = cheap but good instruction!
    3. C - Notre Dame of Greater Manila = A former all-boys school in Caloocan City, has a tuition fee a little bit higher than Ateneo but lower than southridge and la salle greenhills. Highly disciplined (actually, EXTREMELY disciplined!). You're kids will surely receive the same instruction as la salle greenhills and ateneo or philippine science, easy to enter in any university, especially Ateneo and DLSU! Quite biased but it's true since I came from Notre Dame! Religion is HIGHLY emphasized! (the students are even obliged to bring rosary ni their pockets when in school all the time!) The school has several connection to most of the country's well-known colleges and universities (including UP, DLSU, and Ateneo) and in some international colleges and universities (University of British Columbia, National University of Singapore, and others...).

SUPERB 4 Girls
    1- The Assumption College- San Lorenzo
    2- St. Pedro Poveda College tied with Immaculate Conception Academy
    3- PAREF- Woodrose

others are
    4- St. Scho-Manila
    5-Assumption Antipolo
    6-PAREF-Rosehill
    7-Miriam College
    8-St. Paul-Pasig

SUPERB 4 Boys

1-Xavier School