PEx Highlights

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Blows Out Kia

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters defeated Kia Sorento in a blowout, 117-88.

read more

FEATURE: Expectations for Gilas 3.0

With Chot Reyes out of the picture and the Gilas program 'under review', JPM ponders on the possibilities that may happen in the new Gilas.

read more

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

PHOTOS: 'Captain Hook' Too Much for Ginebra

Mac Cardona impressed in a vintage 'Captain Hook' performance, putting up 25 points and 6 rebounds to lead NLEX over Ginebra, 97-81.

read more

Page 183 of 206 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 182 183 184 193 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 4114
    @ SuPeR_MaN

Ang nakalagay sa site ng US Embassy Manila is original or copy. Kaya lang mostly sa kilala ko is original daw talaga yong binigay nila. What I have right now is the faxed copy from my employer because maybe they want to speed up the visa processing. Although, they told me naman na they will send the original as soon and they will receive it from the USCIS or I will ask for it. Thanks!

the last time I was there, photocopy lang nung I-797 ang hiningi dun sa first window (screening), ini-staple sya sa likod nung DS-160 form. and during the interview, hindi naman hiningi yung original which is dala ko din in-case na hanapin. i suggest, you should ask for the original para ready in case hanapin sayo.

Quote Originally Posted by KopeLand View Post
    Another Tips nga pala para sa mga H1B (OFW) na magbabakasyon sa Pinas.

Travel Tax
    - if you bought your airline tickets online, or basta hindi sya sa Pilipinas binili, hindi pa kasama dun yung Philippine Travel Tax na PHP 1,600+ per passenger. So pag pabalik ka na, you have to pay that to the airline counter. But since you're an OFW ka, 500 pesos lang ang travel tax, and you can pay it dun sa OWWA travel tax payment na pila. Mahaba haba ang pila na yun and kailangan mo pa iprovide Birth Cert. saka Marriage Certificates nyo.

Muntik na kame maiwan ng eroplano last time dahil dyan sa lintek na Travel Tax na yan. Pero you have a choice to pay the non-discounted price of 1600+ pesos dun sa airline counter if you like. Also, pede mo na din bayaran in advance ang travel tax sa mga Travel Agencies even before your flight.
    i know about this travel tax even before, pero ang sabi kse nung agency na binilhan ko ng ticket is kasama na all taxes and yung airport tax na lang daw ang babayaran ko, which in this case is wrong info pala.

OEC

- Make sure you have one before going through the Immigration area.
    - If you have already secured an OEC before your flight, you still have to go the to OFW validataion center. Sa Terminal 1, nasa labas ito ng Airport, bandang right side ng main entrances. Kailangan matatakan nila yung OEC mo, or else pagdating mo sa immigration/airport tax area, papabalikan ka lang din.

HTH
    all i know, if may OEC ka na, d ka na mgababayad nang travel tax at terminal fee. online ako bumibili ng ticket. every year ako umuuwi, d pa ako nkabayad nang travel tax at terminal fee.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyflyer View Post
    all i know, if may OEC ka na, d ka na mgababayad nang travel tax at terminal fee. online ako bumibili ng ticket. every year ako umuuwi, d pa ako nkabayad nang travel tax at terminal fee.
    Aww, yeah you're right. what I meant about sa tips ko ay for the dependents ng OFW. Mali lang naisulat ko.

the OFWs themselves are exempted from Travel Tax and Terminal Fees.

Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by KopeLand View Post
    Another Tips nga pala para sa mga H1B (OFW) na magbabakasyon sa Pinas.

Travel Tax
    - if you bought your airline tickets online, or basta hindi sya sa Pilipinas binili, hindi pa kasama dun yung Philippine Travel Tax na PHP 1,600+ per passenger. So pag pabalik ka na, you have to pay that to the airline counter. But since you're an OFW ka, 500 pesos lang ang travel tax, and you can pay it dun sa OWWA travel tax payment na pila. Mahaba haba ang pila na yun and kailangan mo pa iprovide Birth Cert. saka Marriage Certificates nyo.

Muntik na kame maiwan ng eroplano last time dahil dyan sa lintek na Travel Tax na yan. Pero you have a choice to pay the non-discounted price of 1600+ pesos dun sa airline counter if you like. Also, pede mo na din bayaran in advance ang travel tax sa mga Travel Agencies even before your flight.
    i know about this travel tax even before, pero ang sabi kse nung agency na binilhan ko ng ticket is kasama na all taxes and yung airport tax na lang daw ang babayaran ko, which in this case is wrong info pala.

OEC

- Make sure you have one before going through the Immigration area.
    - If you have already secured an OEC before your flight, you still have to go the to OFW validataion center. Sa Terminal 1, nasa labas ito ng Airport, bandang right side ng main entrances. Kailangan matatakan nila yung OEC mo, or else pagdating mo sa immigration/airport tax area, papabalikan ka lang din.

HTH

Take note lang, since hindi ko na ma-edit yung original post ko, this is supposed to be for the "Dependents of OFWs".

The OFWs are exempted from Travel Tax and Terminal Fees as long as they have OECs.

@KopeLand

Thanks. Hinintay ko na nga lang dumating yong para walang problema just in case hanapin. Anyway, first time ko ma-interview sa embassy eh, question ko lang, dpat ba naka-formal ka or casual attire lang? or depende sa trip mo.

Quote Originally Posted by sayka View Post
    @KopeLand

Thanks. Hinintay ko na nga lang dumating yong para walang problema just in case hanapin. Anyway, first time ko ma-interview sa embassy eh, question ko lang, dpat ba naka-formal ka or casual attire lang? or depende sa trip mo.
    As long as you're properly dressed, ok lang. polo shirt and jeans are fine.

the prince of nursing dikonaalam's Avatar
    how's the approval rate ng current applicants for extension / renewal ng H1B? My application was filed Sept 28, 2011 and up to now wala pa kong balita. Under initial review pa rin. Which is strange kasi according to the processing times nila eh Oct. 31 na prinoprocess nila. My H1B will expire this coming way. And to be honest, di naman ako nag-eexpect na maapprove. Nai-ready ko na sarili ko.

9. Advertisement

are you currently in the US? sigurado ka bang sept 28, 2011 naisubmit ng lawyer and anything like that? may receipt number ba? yung sa akin kase (initial H1B, not renewal though), natanggap ko na Notice of Action, at up until now, "Initial Review" pa rin nakalagay sa status ng H1B ko sa uscis site. example ko lang sa akin kung nakadepende ka sa case status sa site.

3 months e max na yun. ask the lawyer or employer who filed your extension. wala namang magiging problema sa approval mo kung namaintain mo naman H1B status mo (naswelduhan ka, etc..)

Quote Originally Posted by dikonaalam View Post
    how's the approval rate ng current applicants for extension / renewal ng H1B? My application was filed Sept 28, 2011 and up to now wala pa kong balita. Under initial review pa rin. Which is strange kasi according to the processing times nila eh Oct. 31 na prinoprocess nila. My H1B will expire this coming way. And to be honest, di naman ako nag-eexpect na maapprove. Nai-ready ko na sarili ko.

Quote Originally Posted by storbo1229 View Post
    are you currently in the US? sigurado ka bang sept 28, 2011 naisubmit ng lawyer and anything like that? may receipt number ba? yung sa akin kase (initial H1B, not renewal though), natanggap ko na Notice of Action, at up until now, "Initial Review" pa rin nakalagay sa status ng H1B ko sa uscis site. example ko lang sa akin kung nakadepende ka sa case status sa site.

3 months e max na yun. ask the lawyer or employer who filed your extension. wala namang magiging problema sa approval mo kung namaintain mo naman H1B status mo (naswelduhan ka, etc..)

Yes I'm in the US. My lawyer / employer gave me a copy of the notice. And it says there that USCIS received my application on that date. And I don't know if I'm right on this one, but I tried changing the last number(s) in my case number (thinking the number is based on the date they received the application), and all those who applied for H1B got theirs already.

I asked my lawyer just last week and my HR today and they said we're still waiting for it. My H1B will expire May 10, 2012. And see, my petition is for a nursing management position which is hard to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
    A little bit of information to everybody.

http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/fact-sheets...mmigrants.shtm

Good news to sa mga H4 dependents ah! Kelan kaya to mapapatupad?

Provide work authorization for spouses of certain H-1B holders.

This proposed change to the current DHS regulation would allow certain spouses of H-1B visa holders to legally work while their visa holder spouse waits for his or her adjustment of status application to be adjudicated. Specifically, employment will be authorized for H-4 dependent spouses of principal H-1B visa holders who have begun the process of seeking lawful permanent resident status through employment after meeting a minimum period of H-1B status in the U.S. This effort will help retain talented professionals who are valued by U.S. employers and who seek to contribute to our economy.

Yes I'm in the US. My lawyer / employer gave me a copy of the notice. And it says there that USCIS received my application on that date. And I don't know if I'm right on this one, but I tried changing the last number(s) in my case number (thinking the number is based on the date they received the application), and all those who applied for H1B got theirs already.

I asked my lawyer just last week and my HR today and they said we're still waiting for it. My H1B will expire May 10, 2012. And see, my petition is for a nursing management position which is hard to prove.
    I would not be too worried yet. And remember that if you are just extending the H-1B you already have, and it is the same job, you can continue working for up to 240 days (from your H1B expiration date) while waiting for a decision on your extension.

You are right, RN H-1Bs are sometimes difficult, but not impossible. Your case is only about 30 days behind posted processing times. There are several things that can cause a case to be delayed. It is always good to call the 800# once it hits 30 days, and your atty may already have done this, just in case the file was put aside and forgotten. Rare, but it still happens!

It happen na matagal bago lumbas ang H1B renewal mo. Ang kadalasan na dedeny ang renewal kapag hindi nila mahagilap yong applicant. Lalo na sa mga nasa consulting company na palipat lipat ng trabaho o client at home address. kaya dapat laging up to date yong filing ng AR11.

May mga case na tumatawag ang immigration sa work phone number to verify o kaya nagpapadala ng Rfes to confirm yong address. Kaya mas maganda na laging sa employer work phone number ang gagamitin sa lahat ng immigration application. Kapag hindi mahagilap ang applicant, magpapadala ang immigration ng letter of deportation sa employer/lawyer mo.

Huwag kang mag alala sa expiration ng H1B, hanggat pending ang case mo walang problema yan.

Ang tanong ko naman sa iyo:
    1. Na approve na ba ang Labor cert,
    2. kung approved nagfile ka na ba ng I140 at I485 with EAC?

Kung sakaling ma deny may mga paraan para makabalik ka agad, depende na yan sa employer/lawyer mo.

Good Luck.

Thanks JA and gcv67,

I guess I did not elaborate much on my case. Ang original petitioner is yung agency. Then now, I guess it's H1B transfer and extension(?) since yung hospital na ang petitioner. So I think that makes it more complicated.

What do you mean Labor Cert, I-140 and I485? For green card? Well honestly the hospital I am working with right now already expressed the willingness to petition my green card but I did not say anything. I'm actually looking into another country because of their better immigration system.

Thanks JA and gcv67,

I guess I did not elaborate much on my case. Ang original petitioner is yung agency. Then now, I guess it's H1B transfer and extension(?) since yung hospital na ang petitioner. So I think that makes it more complicated.

What do you mean Labor Cert, I-140 and I485? For green card? Well honestly the hospital I am working with right now already expressed the willingness to petition my green card but I did not say anything. I'm actually looking into another country because of their better immigration system.
    Got it, ibig sabihin ay H1B transfer. Balewala na iyong unang application mo for renewal (kung meron man). Kung may communication ka pa sa dati mong employer/petitioner sabihan mo sila ipacancel yong renewal kung nag file sila. Kung hindi naman OK lang, dahil yong bago mo ng employer ang bahalang mag file ng H1B mo at sabi mo willing pa sila na ayusin ang GC.

Siguro naman nagbabayad ka at nag file ka ng taxes (Fed, State at/or Local) at yan bang H1B mo naka premium processing (hindi ko na alam kung may premium processing pa)? Kung hindi naman pwede mong check yong status, tanong mo sa petitioner/employer mo ang WAC or LIN # kung meron man.

Labor Cert, I140, I485 and EAC(Optional) yan ang mga kailangan for Green Card. Kapag na approve ang H1B transfer saka mo na yan problemahin. Sabihan mo lang kami kapag na approve, dahil may 3 years ka para ayusin lahat yan. Kapag maganda ang status ng employer/petitioner mo smooth sailing yan.

dikonaalam:

Sa tingin ko rin, H1B transfer ang hinihintay mo.. kasi yung renewal sandali lang yun e.. I was due for a renewal last October, our company filed it in July and I got mine in AUgust 2011.

idk how it goes with H1B transfer. Does it mean 3 years pa rin yung duration if granted?

Thanks JA and gcv67,
    The word ‘transfer' is more commonly used for a different job (or location) within the same company. What you are describing is better termed a ‘change of employer', usually combined with an extension request. CIS reviews employer changes in the same as any new H-1B petition.

idk how it goes with H1B transfer. Does it mean 3 years pa rin yung duration if granted?
    If approved, most cases are approved for about 3 years. However, there are a number of circumstances that will cause the approval to be for less time. It depends on your individual circumstances.

I'm actually looking into another country because of their better immigration system.
    Very, very smart of you to have a backup plan!

^^@JA... Happy you are still answering questions! Remember in 2010 you told me what to say to my attorney to help find the old PD for my daughter. thank you again!

Sir, another question please. The daughter of my sister came to US on a h1b work visa that was only for 18 months. Why not for 3 years???

Page 183 of 206 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 182 183 184 193 ... LastLast