PEx Highlights

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

Come one, come all! Voting for The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards has officially begun. Click here to cast a vote!

read more

PHOTOS: Defending Champs Ateneo KOs NU

The Ateneo Lady Eagles successfully opened their campaign with a three-set victory over the NU Lady Bulldogs, 25-21, 25-18, 25-15.

read more

PHOTOS: UST Sweeps UE in Season Opener

The UST Tigresses had no problems to start off their season as they swept the UE Lady Warriors in 3 sets, 25-11, 25-12, 25-14.

read more

Page 1 of 264 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast

How to apply for visa for south korea

What are the steps to apply for visa? do i have to buy a plane ticket before applying? what if i get denied? i want to go for a tour.

I'm currently based here in South Korea.

Super dali kumuha ng visa.. my company fixed mine but when my parents applied, alam ko they didnt pay for anything (it's free!!).. didn't appear for an interview. It's not a requirement. You just need to fill out this Korean Visa application form na one page lang and that's it. Maximum stay for the visa is only 2-3 months I think.. I'm not really sure.

Have a fun stay in Seoul! Go here during Spring.. weather is good. Right now it's still quite cold and gloomy.

what are the must see attractions in south korea?

how much is the round trip ticket?

Tourist visa is free for up to 59 days stay. It's 1,200 (not very sure) if you're gonna stay for more than 59 days. To get a visa, you'll need...
    - application letter
    - passport
    - 2x2 picture
    - ITR, Certificate of employment (if you're working)
    - bank certificate

They will not accept incomplete application. You can apply by proxy but your papers have to be complete. Visa is not guaranteed, though. No interviews, except in special cases.

If you're gonna apply by yourself, you'll have to be there really early (like 7AM)! Bring an ID (postal, company, school, etc.) that you can present at the lobby. Application time is from 9AM to 12NN. You can get your passport about a week after (when my mother applied, she got hers after three days though), and in the afternoon.

If you have travelled to a visa-requiring country, you'll have a better chance of getting a korean tourist visa. Patricia Sto. Tomas once said that it's easier to get a US visa than a Korean visa.

can you give us the address of their office here in manila.

guys,

You don't need a visa to South Korea, if you're a Philippine passport holder, and you are coming from Japan, Australia, Canada, New Zealand or US.

wers their office here in manila?

9. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by SuPeR_MaN View Post
    guys,

You don't need a visa to South Korea, if you're a Philippine passport holder, and you are coming from Japan, Australia, Canada, New Zealand or US.
    not true. if you're a philippine passport holder, you'll need a visa to south korea. my mother is US resident but a filipino citizen, she still needed a visa to come here.

the korean embassy is located at pacific star building, buendia cor makati avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by avonlea View Post
    Tourist visa is free for up to 59 days stay. It's 1,200 (not very sure) if you're gonna stay for more than 59 days. To get a visa, you'll need...
    - application letter
    - passport
    - 2x2 picture
    - bank certificate

They will not accept incomplete application. You can apply by proxy but your papers have to be complete. Visa is not guaranteed, though. No interviews, except in special cases.

If you're gonna apply by yourself, you'll have to be there really early (like 7AM)! Bring an ID (postal, company, school, etc.) that you can present at the lobby. Application time is from 9AM to 12NN. You can get your passport about a week after (when my mother applied, she got hers after three days though), and in the afternoon.

If you have travelled to a visa-requiring country, you'll have a better chance of getting a korean tourist visa. Patricia Sto. Tomas once said that it's easier to get a US visa than a Korean visa.
    hi....is it true that obtaining korean visa is much harder?

are they relly particular for the bank cert?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avonlea View Post
    not true. if you're a philippine passport holder, you'll need a visa to south korea. my mother is US resident but a filipino citizen, she still needed a visa to come here.

the korean embassy is located at pacific star building, buendia cor makati avenue.
    Did she came from the US? if she came from the Philippines going to South Korea, she definitely need a visa. If she came directly from the US, I bet she doesn't need a visa.

Laker fan for life
    Quote Originally Posted by SuPeR_MaN View Post
    Did she came from the US? if she came from the Philippines going to South Korea, she definitely need a visa. If she came directly from the US, I bet she doesn't need a visa.
    I live in Korea myself, and I have never heard of this rule. Did you personally go through this process, or did you just hear it from someone?

What the Korean embassy DOES say is that Filipino passport holders with visas to those countries you mentioned will not have to wait the usual one week for a visa, but will have one in 3 days (barring any disqualifications). If you attempt to enter Korea as a Filipino without a visa, you will be denied entry. Simple as that. I've been to those countries you mentioned, and I've always needed a visa to Korea.

If you think about it, everyone, regardless of what country they flew in from, will meet at the same immigration lines and line up before the same immigration counters. So when you arrive there, there is no way for them to determine from where you came, unless you show them your boarding pass (which isn't required) or they search for your previous stamp (which they don't do). The first thing they always do is search for your Korean visa. Trust me on this. I've gone through this personally. Whoever told you that must have been mistaken.

Sorry ha, wrong information ata ako. Di pa siguro updated yung "source" ko. Hehehe. Pasensiya na...

Quote Originally Posted by aticus View Post
    I live in Korea myself, and I have never heard of this rule. Did you personally go through this process, or did you just hear it from someone?

What the Korean embassy DOES say is that Filipino passport holders with visas to those countries you mentioned will not have to wait the usual one week for a visa, but will have one in 3 days (barring any disqualifications). If you attempt to enter Korea as a Filipino without a visa, you will be denied entry. Simple as that. I've been to those countries you mentioned, and I've always needed a visa to Korea.

If you think about it, everyone, regardless of what country they flew in from, will meet at the same immigration lines and line up before the same immigration counters. So when you arrive there, there is no way for them to determine from where you came, unless you show them your boarding pass (which isn't required) or they search for your previous stamp (which they don't do). The first thing they always do is search for your Korean visa. Trust me on this. I've gone through this personally. Whoever told you that must have been mistaken.
    hi there....is it really hard to obtain korean visa?

Quote Originally Posted by m i m s View Post

hmmm, the Joint Security Area?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmKHu...%2Fpage%2F5%2F

Quote Originally Posted by -strumms- View Post
    hi there....is it really hard to obtain korean visa?
    tourist visa ba? not hard. as in dali lang. just bring the requirements then submit mo lang. if first time mo to apply you have to submit it in person pero if not you can ask someone else to submit it for you. careful lang sa isang requirement, its a 'Bank Certificate' not *** 'statement of account', magkaiba un. nagkamali ako ng narequest sa bank kaya bumalik tuloy ako sa embassy.

Quote Originally Posted by kim02 View Post
    tourist visa ba? not hard. as in dali lang. just bring the requirements then submit mo lang. if first time mo to apply you have to submit it in person pero if not you can ask someone else to submit it for you. careful lang sa isang requirement, its a 'Bank Certificate' not *** 'statement of account', magkaiba un. nagkamali ako ng narequest sa bank kaya bumalik tuloy ako sa embassy.
    thanks sa reply....with regards to dun money matters....bank cert ang hanap nila? baka pati passbook kailangan po?

Quote Originally Posted by -strumms- View Post
    thanks sa reply....with regards to dun money matters....bank cert ang hanap nila? baka pati passbook kailangan po?
    yes, bank certificate klngan nila. they dont need your passbook(or your atm's statement of account). pero if you want dalin mo na rin to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kim02 View Post
    yes, bank certificate klngan nila. they dont need your passbook(or your atm's statement of account). pero if you want dalin mo na rin to make sure.
    thanks....as stated by avonlea here yung requirements....

- application letter
    - passport
    - 2x2 picture
    - bank certificate

dun sa bank cert, more or less how much needed as your pocket money? how long processing? ano ask nila? kasi *** pa naman akong place to stay....more on pag paprocess pa lang ng visa main concern ko as of now....

Quote Originally Posted by m i m s View Post
    Seoul, of course (Changdokgung, National Museum, Seoul Tower, Jongro)

If you have the time (and the resources), I'd suggest visiting Gyeongju City (must-visit all the tourist spots here), Andong City (500 yr old real traditional Korean village and confucian school) and Byeonsanbando in Buan-gun (must-visit is Naesosa, IMO the most beautiful temple in Korea).

Page 1 of 264 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast