Slimmers World International | Body and Fitness | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 47 1 2 11 ... Last

Exclamation Slimmers World International

Post here your thoughts about the Slimmers World International -- good, bad or anything in between. Inputs coming from current and previous clients are highly appreciated. thanks!

Head Coach aka The Sheriff
    Quote Originally Posted by bebebot View Post
    Post here your thoughts about the Slimmers World International -- good, bad or anything in between. Inputs coming from current and previous clients are highly appreciated. thanks!
    I hate that place. I hate the equipment, I hate the hours, the marketing team is a bunch of nincompoops, their shows like Great Bodies are full of steroid users (even the women), and their "lifetime" memberships are a disaster and frankly what I consider to be dishonest. Many of their long-time members act like bullies to the newer members, and very few, if any people there actually look like they work out. The trainers are nice (and actually respect me to this day), but I find less than 2-3 to be even remotely competent. Those who are competent plan to appy at our Shaw branch.

I wouldn't work out there if it was free if there was a better option. I'm a former member.

Part of why I helped form Eclipse was because of how much I can't stand Slimmers World. I can't wait until they close or file for bankruptcy. It's coming alot sooner than you realize.

PROS: they have quite a handful of branches, proximity and i guess the price is quite affordable for the middle market segment.

CONS: Im not sure with the other branches. Legaspi branch is overly crowded, poor airconditioning, crowded dressing rooms with insufficient lockers and benches. Floor Area is too small to accomodate clients specially the ones with Personal Trainers (Pag may PT akala mo celebrity naka resereve lahat, from machines to free weights kaya pag na late ka wala ka na bubuhatin kundi sarili mo). Insufficient freeweights like DB and plates for BB (some increments of the plate itself jumps from 5lbs to 15 lbs!). Since most "men" do their exercises using Db and BB, I suggest adding another DB rack will help or better yet add more machines and exercise benches Most of the time you will often find yourself racing for some equipments like free weights, exercise benches and machines before some people actually sits on them and literally rest on them! (malas mo pag nagte-text pa at naghihintay ng reply!).

I just hope slimmers will consider upgrading their equpment anytime soon, not only the addion of televisions on their cardio equipments but also consider the addition of more machines, benches more plates and DBs please.

Just an observation. I'm not an expert. Ive been working out for only less than a year.

Hay. I had a terrible expirience with Slimmer's. Di ko lang alam san pwede magreklamo or if we could sue. Here goes. My mom is a lifetime member enrolled 2001. She had an accident 2 years ago and is still being treated (PT) for it. Her physician has advised her to stop going to the hym since it would do her damage than good. Anyway, to make the long story short we decided that it would be best that she transfer her membership to me since I also go to gym. Sinakto namin sa expiration ng Gold's membership ko when we inquired.

Sabi nung nakausap namin sa Megamall, we have to pay the difference of the amount of the present lifetime membersip cost and the amount my Mom paid way back 2001. (My mom paid 32k back then) Sabi ko siguro, fair enough, and also para maiwasan din sigur nila *** palipat lipat *** lifetime account kaya mahal. But, Slimmer's quoted us a whopping transfer fee of 40,000! Biruin nyo mas mahal pa sa kuha ng mom ko *** magiging transfer fee. Medyo naghinala na ko kasi mashadong mahal. Sabi nila ganun daw talaga because my mom got it at such a low price before. So 40,000+32000, lifetime membership fee now should be around 72,000 right? WRONG!

Just to check we called the same branch and pretended to be interested in a lifetime membership fee. Guess how much they quoted us? "Ma'am 45,000 po pero me promo po kami if you get it now, we'll give it to you for 35,000.."

WTF??!? They're asking us a 40,000 transfer fee even if my Mom already paid them 32,000 and the present lifetime membership is only 35,000???

They better have a good explanation for this.

Help nyo naman kami on who should we go to to complain.

Problem with Slimmer's World

I have posted this in the slimmer's thread bu got no reply. I thought I would just start a new thread to get more attention.

I had a terrible expirience with Slimmer's. Di ko lang alam san pwede magreklamo or if we could sue. Here goes. My mom is a lifetime member enrolled 2001. She had an accident 2 years ago and is still being treated (PT) for it. Her physician has advised her to stop going to the hym since it would do her damage than good. Anyway, to make the long story short we decided that it would be best that she transfer her membership to me since I also go to gym. Sinakto namin sa expiration ng Gold's membership ko when we inquired.

Sabi nung nakausap namin sa Megamall, we have to pay the difference of the amount of the present lifetime membersip cost and the amount my Mom paid way back 2001. (My mom paid 32k back then) Sabi ko siguro, fair enough, and also para maiwasan din sigur nila *** palipat lipat *** lifetime account kaya mahal. But, Slimmer's quoted us a whopping transfer fee of 40,000! Biruin nyo mas mahal pa sa kuha ng mom ko *** magiging transfer fee. Medyo naghinala na ko kasi mashadong mahal. Sabi nila ganun daw talaga because my mom got it at such a low price before. So 40,000+32000, lifetime membership fee now should be around 72,000 right? WRONG!

Just to check we called the same branch and pretended to be interested in a lifetime membership fee. Guess how much they quoted us? "Ma'am 45,000 po pero me promo po kami if you get it now, we'll give it to you for 35,000.."

WTF??!? They're asking us a 40,000 transfer fee even if my Mom already paid them 32,000 and the present lifetime membership is only 35,000???

They better have a good explanation for this.

Help nyo naman kami on who should we go to to complain.

Hmmm... so far I may say the issuance of the member's card is the bad thing in Slimmers the process will take for about 2 weeks to 1 month... the reason?- "iniipon nila yung cxard ng mga members para nga naman 1 process lang kaso lang are the member's deseve this? I think not! kc hindi naman nakadepende sa isat isa *** pag sesettle namin ng fee's db? kaya everyone should have the right treatment kng prompt ang pag sesettle mo ng dues mo edi dapat you received what you deserve (SERVICE!!!)den ang nakakasagad ng pasensya is yung mga excuses ( ang daming adlib-tinalo pa ang scrip sa pelikula!) @ take note iba iba pa ang version imagine ginagawang moron yung cliente... at parang pinapa feel pa na cliente pa ang kailanagang mag habol sa card nya... -sobra!

also Pansinin nyo ito (OBSERBAHAN nyo lang) kung kayo yong tipong malakas mag buhat..-"Power lifter" yung mga matatagal nang "FITNESS TRAINOR" dun eh once na nakita nya na above 100 pounds na *** binubuhat mo isa isa na silang nag lalaho... and ahahgila pin mo pa sila. good luck ok lang if ever me maaksidente kanino ba? naman mag boboils down yon? db?

summer time machine blues waterwell's Avatar
    bakit parang puro bad? LOL.

Thumbs up

naku basta ako nevr na gagamit ng slimming pills or others medyo nakaka takot yan, the best pa rin ang exercise to keep ur body fit

Unhappy

hay, lungkot ko naman.

i just enrolled at slimmers sa may sm north, although it's just for 3 months.
    puro bad reviews ang slimmers sa thread na to ah. tapusin ko lang 3 months and hopefully, open na ang eclipse sa shaw by then

matrona galore!

and one more thing pala, sooooooper daming matrona sa slimmers ng sm north, kuntodo make-up pa pag dumadating!!

naisip ko tuloy "wow, parang natutulog lang ah!"

matrona galore!

and one more thing pala, sooooooper daming matrona sa slimmers ng sm north, kuntodo make-up pa pag dumadating!!

naisip ko tuloy "wow, parang natutulog lang ah!"

Sa Slimmers Greenhills ok yung gym equipment. The people are also gym rats, kaya its nice to go workout, less talk, more work.

Lightbulb a newbie question...

Guys, Sorry for my newbie question but i'm just wondering if the gym (or any other gyms) accepts customers with a little back problem. My doctor said that my weight (220lbs) makes my backbone kinda suffer and the only way to "cure" it is by losing weight... While I was browsing the forum, i've read about classes, programs given by instructors and etc... so, in my case... (Do you think the instructor or the gym itself will consider my issue regarding my s2pid backbone?) do you think I (or the instructor) can just choose some "work-outs" or exercises that would not hurt/affect my back? or am i suppose to follow the instructor's "designed" program for me? (i wanna lose weight without putting my Back at risk...)

hi...i frequent megamall branch and it's not so bad...well i basically go to attend aerobic classes and i try to do weight training at least 3 to 4 times a week...as for the trainers, some of them don't really help out so you gotta know which ones to ask help from. just try not to go around 6ish in the afternoons because it's so crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by kuyarome View Post
    Guys, Sorry for my newbie question but i'm just wondering if the gym (or any other gyms) accepts customers with a little back problem. My doctor said that my weight (220lbs) makes my backbone kinda suffer and the only way to "cure" it is by losing weight... While I was browsing the forum, i've read about classes, programs given by instructors and etc... so, in my case... (Do you think the instructor or the gym itself will consider my issue regarding my s2pid backbone?) do you think I (or the instructor) can just choose some "work-outs" or exercises that would not hurt/affect my back? or am i suppose to follow the instructor's "designed" program for me? (i wanna lose weight without putting my Back at risk...)
    from what i know is that you should just do lots of cardio exercises first...so it's the treadmill for you and elliptical machines. as for exercises i think your doctor is the one who prescribes the type of exercises that you need for your back or the instructors who are also physical therapists. to double check, you can show your doctor the prescribed exercises from the instructor before you carry them out

slimmers world sm north edsa is now located at the lower ground floor of the main building (near the pet store).

i likey the new slimmer's gym at sm north. they've got really nice shower rooms now. and the dance floor is nice as well.

Slimmers World Pasay Rd.

Guys, meron ba sainyong nagggym sa Pasay Rd Branch Near Glorietta?

change in career ***e
    Quote Originally Posted by kuyarome View Post
    Guys, meron ba sainyong nagggym sa Pasay Rd Branch Near Glorietta?
    ako minsan... pero pag mga 6 to 8 ang daming tao.... lahat ng machine may nakasakay.... kaya i end up going home...

Page 1 of 47 1 2 11 ... Last