PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Cagayan upsets Army

Cagayan Valley Rising Sun hands Philippine Army its first loss through 4 sets, 27-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-22

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 2

Are the Blue Eagles back on top again? Check out this week's PEx UAAP Season 77 Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

The Unique Heroes of Marvel's Guardians

Know more about Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket.

read more

Prepare to Go Into the Storm

From New Line Cinema, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, comes the tornado disaster film Into the Storm.

read more

PHOTOS: DLSU Completes Comeback Win vs UE

Prince Rivero came up big in the clutch, scoring two crucial baskets to help DLSU complete comeback bid over UE, 60-58

read more

Gamot Pampatulog?

Meron ba nabibili sa mga botika na mga gamot pampatulog?
    Pa share naman po... please...
    Ano pong brand...

2. Jan 19, 2007, 04:51 PM

i think kelangan ng reseta from doctor

reseta din ba *** mga kunyaring napapanood natin sa mga pelikula na pampatulog???
    ha ha ha... hindi ko mean na magpatulog ng tao..pero pwede na rin kung laging lasing ang tatay ko ha ha ha....
    ano kayang mga brand yun? yung over the counter lang...
    Last edited by smilewarrior; Jan 19, 2007 at 07:03 PM. Reason: "un" is an example of TextSpeak

as far as i know walang over the counter na tranquilizer....

Quote Originally Posted by jayR View Post
    Meron ba nabibili sa mga botika na mga gamot pampatulog?
    Pa share naman po... please...
    Ano pong brand...
    May I ask why you are asking this? Is it for your own use?
    Are you having difficulty falling asleep? Do you wake up in the middle of the night and cannot go back to sleep? Do you feel that you've been sleeping lightly? How long has it been going on?

Insomnia has many different causes, with one of the most common being life stressors (new job, exams, family/relationship/financial problems, etc.).
    We do not readily prescribe or even recommend sleeping medications (and do not advise anyone else to do so) unless a full investigation of the cause has been done.

For the meantime, what you can do is try to incorporate these sleep hygiene habits into your daily routine.
    1. Avoid drinking caffeinated drinks a few hours before bedtime.
    2. Make your bedroom into a restful place. It's not your work area. If you need to do some paperwork, do it on your desk and not on your bed.
    3. Remove or rearrange your television in front of your bed. Avoid watching television before going to sleep. If you feel sleepy, turn it off or set the sleep timer.
    4. Try to maintain a regular sleeping habit, if you think you fall asleep between 9-10pm, try to be in bed by that time every night.
    5. This works for some people but some don't (you'll need to discover this for yourself): cookies and warm milk. A warm shower. lavander & chamomile scents. relaxing music

If you feel that the lack of sleep is affecting your daily routine and your health, please consult a physician and tell him/her your concerns. You can do this on an outpatient setting (doctor's clinic). However, if you know someone who hasn't been sleeping for more than a week and had developed a sudden change in behavior, bring them to the emergency room.

Yon pong pampatulog? Di ko po mean na magpatulog ng isang tao para sa masamang bagay sana po maniwala kayo...like po ng sinabi ko sa isang reply ko dito Doon po sa mga lasing especially my father ha haha..
    Last edited by smilewarrior; Jan 23, 2007 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jayR View Post
    Yon pong pampatulog? Di ko po mean na magpatulog ng isang tao para sa masamang bagay sana po maniwala kayo...like po ng sinabi ko sa isang reply ko dito Doon po sa mga lasing especially my father ha haha..
    I'm sorry. I cannot help you with that. Sleep meds require a prescription. As I've said in my post, we do not readily prescribe or even recommend sleeping medications (and do not advise anyone else to do so) unless a full investigation of the cause has been done. Intake of sleeping medications in the presence of alcohol may have serious adverse effects.

9. Jan 25, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Reason
    post not helpful

some available over the counter sleepind aids are mostly [post edited], but you would feel drowsy all day if you take this drugs. some popular prescription drugs for sleeping problems are the benzo drugs like valium, rivotril, esilgan, but you have to go to a qualified doctor to have this drug because its dangerous, not the drug itself but the interaction of it, like taking it with alcohol or another type of drugs, it may lead to death, also it have a withdrawal symptoms which means instead of curing your sleeping problems it may get worse. im not a doctor, but i am one of the millions of people around the world who is also suffering from sleeping problems. and have tried some drugs i mentioned above.
    Last edited by smilewarrior; Jan 26, 2007 at 12:33 PM.

^I know you mean well, but I'm particularly concerned that the thread starter might misuse the drugs you mentioned ( particularly if it's not supervised by a physician) so I edited your post.

to the threadstarter, why not try Melatonin. I believe this is not a drug but more of a sleep enhancer. I was also having problems with my sleep (kulang as in 4 hrs max.). I take it once in a while during long weekends and it helps me get sleep a bit longer.

But before taking this, it would be wise to seek medical advise first.

Quote Originally Posted by smilewarrior View Post
    ^I know you mean well, but I'm particularly concerned that the thread starter might misuse the drugs you mentioned ( particularly if it's not supervised by a physician) so I edited your post.
    sorry doc. thank you!

Dati puede akong bumili ng Stilnox sa drugstore, pero ngayon ni-reregulate na. Hinahanapan ako ng reseta ng pharmacist. Tama si renestrauss try mo Melatonin. Medyo effective sya sa akin. Merong nabibili, Sleepasil sa mga over the counter. Kung ita-take mo sya ng halimbawa 9:00 p.m. today dapat ganun din ang oras ng pag-inom mo kinabukasan. Meron din akong nabili na herbal sa Healthy Options ata yun o sa GNC, di ko na maalala na Valerian naman, kaso mabaho parang patay na daga o medyas na may alipunga,...he..he. Pero effective sya.
    Kung marami kang iniisip di ka talaga makakatulog lalo na pag excited ka.
    Last edited by smilewarrior; Jan 28, 2007 at 12:56 AM.

hi leeang.

If i may ask, did you experience any other 'negative' side effects of taking melatonin aside from the drowsiness the following day?

I don't take it regularly...only a few times when i need to sleep longer than usual.

Ayaw ko kasing masanay uminom ng pampatulog, only when i need to catch up on some sleep.
    Last edited by smilewarrior; Jan 28, 2007 at 12:58 AM.

16. Jan 28, 2007, 01:28 AM
    Reason
    profanity

17. Jan 28, 2007, 02:29 AM

18. Jan 30, 2007, 07:53 AM

19. Jan 30, 2007, 04:50 PM