PEx Highlights

PROMO: Interstellar

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Interstellar!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1974.

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Wins Laugher vs Champs

Calvin Abueva (21 points, 11 rebounds) and the Alaska Aces made a statement on Wednesday, dominating the Purefoods Star Hotshots in a laugher, 93-73.

read more

Page 4 of 269 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    hi! i'm a new member of pinoyexchange...this forum is very helpful! i'm going to Coron on April 20 via Superferry. we'll stay there only until April 24 (am) via Seair. I have already prepared our itinerary based on the suggestions in this thread. I'm so lucky!

I was just wondering, do you guys have any suggestions on where to eat? what to eat? verbl kint already mentioned Bistro Coron (Bruno's Bistro) which reportedly serves good pizza. Are there any other suggestions? What is Coron's specialty? Part of my trips is really food tripping, and I'd like to try Coron's delicacies.

just placing this up

3. Apr 18, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Reason
    spam

Quote Originally Posted by not-a-turista View Post
    hi! i'm a new member of pinoyexchange...this forum is very helpful! i'm going to Coron on April 20 via Superferry. we'll stay there only until April 24 (am) via Seair. I have already prepared our itinerary based on the suggestions in this thread. I'm so lucky!

I was just wondering, do you guys have any suggestions on where to eat? what to eat? verbl kint already mentioned Bistro Coron (Bruno's Bistro) which reportedly serves good pizza. Are there any other suggestions? What is Coron's specialty? Part of my trips is really food tripping, and I'd like to try Coron's delicacies.
    You can also try Seadive's & L&MP's Restaurant... For a simpler meals, you can try Trining Bacsa's and Jackie's Restaurant... There is also what they call Resto Lane (they pronounce it like "Restulin")... try Lory's stall... she cooked the food in our boat trip, and according to my hard-to-please friends, the pinoy dish she cooked was superd... Although you might notice that this Restulin is where the locals used to eat... and there will always be a big red horse and a videoke beside your table...

I was at Coron for 9 days... and my first 4 days there I was alone... so I always stayed at the market pier....

I was able to make buddies with the boat operators and boat captain (the driver) there...And I learned their stories and the boat standard rates...

If you need help on Coron boat rental, I can help you... just email me...

For more information on my experience at Coron, visit this site: http://owenferrer.i.ph

i'd like to stay at budget seadive resort, but the wifey want the swankier, hence costlier club paradise.

seadive cos all i need is basically a clean and safe roof over my head, club para said she, so that we are immerse in the beauty of the island round the clock, immensely enhancing our overall experience.

is this true, or does it matter at all?

brrrr!

kokusnuss

hi guys...have you heard of KOKUSSNUSS RESORT (might misspelled this) in coron?

a friend recommended it kasi. from what i saw sa website nila mukhang maganda naman and seems they have their own "places to see" inside the resort, aside from the sites you mentioned above.

please advise coz right now im also seriously considering sea dive because of your posts

thanks!

9. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by b12 View Post
    hi guys...have you heard of KOKUSSNUSS RESORT (might misspelled this) in coron?

a friend recommended it kasi. from what i saw sa website nila mukhang maganda naman and seems they have their own "places to see" inside the resort, aside from the sites you mentioned above.

please advise coz right now im also seriously considering sea dive because of your posts

thanks!
    The first time I was in Coron I stayed at Kokusnuss. Well, I regret my stay there becasue I saw other lodging house at the town center. During those time, only Kokusnuss can be contacted easily, that's why I stayed there being a first timer in Coron.

Kokusnuss have a great bathroom though. But I didn't like the room there because the partition between two rooms is open. So you can hear the voices in the other room. This is a fan room with own CR by the way. The walls of the room is made of sawali. If you can climb good enough, you can see the other room.

Another disadvantage of Kokusnuss is that it is far from the market, resto, pier. Given that the price of Kokusnuss is almost equal with the price of island resort, I would prefer island resort like divelink.

So with the inland lodging at Coron, I think the best there is Seadive Resort. Location is at the town center but on the sea side, and the price is cheap (500 for a fan room with own CR).

Quote Originally Posted by atuk View Post
    i'd like to stay at budget seadive resort, but the wifey want the swankier, hence costlier club paradise.

seadive cos all i need is basically a clean and safe roof over my head, club para said she, so that we are immerse in the beauty of the island round the clock, immensely enhancing our overall experience.

is this true, or does it matter at all?
    Your question is between island resort vs inland lodging.

I agree that with island resort you will be immersed with the beauty of nature. But with a budget traveller like me, i can visit it during the day tour only.

I must say the two have different consideration. So it must be difficult to make a choice, especially when a girl (your wife in your case) requested for something. Usually the female's wish is almost always... granted.

Inland lodging however offer inland tours. In case with Coron, there are Mount Tapyas, Makinit Hotspring, and Mabentangen Forest/River. Although this can also arranged with the island resort. By the way, there are also numerous island resort around Coron - Divelink, Coral Bay, Sangat Island Resort, Evergreen, etc. Club Paradise is at North of Busuanga Mainland while Seadive Resort is at South of Busuanga Mainland.

Hope my remarks helps.

Until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Budget Thrills View Post
    Grabe.. parang ang ganda, ganda naman dyan. I really like to see Coron kaso *** pang budget as of now. Sa summer sana kaso for sure mas mahal.

http://budgetthrills.blogspot.com/
    DIY - Do It Yourself - in Coron would cost around 5k-6k pesos only. This is a weekend getaway, 2D/3N, of which 2N (2 nights) will be spent in the superferry ship.

Last Holy Week I was there, and for 9 days at Coron, I spent 9.5K pesos only. Because I budgeted 15K, I have excess now that I will use for a Pandan Island/Apo Reef tomorrow.

For a budget traveller like me, I can say that the most expensive cost component for the Coron Travel is the tranpo between Manila and Coron. The RT fare as of today would already cost 3.4K.

http://owenferrer.i.ph

brrrr!
    @D.A. thanks po for the response

i also heard that kokusnuss offers day tours...will we be able to go to the great places you mentioned in this tour or do we have to arrange a separate iterinary to do that? sorry you're the only one who has experienced kokusnuss kasi. thanks in advance!

ps is it true that folks there won't rip you off even if it's the summer/peak season? wow!

Quote Originally Posted by b12 View Post
    @D.A. thanks po for the response

i also heard that kokusnuss offers day tours...will we be able to go to the great places you mentioned in this tour or do we have to arrange a separate iterinary to do that? sorry you're the only one who has experienced kokusnuss kasi. thanks in advance!

ps is it true that folks there won't rip you off even if it's the summer/peak season? wow!
    I tried kokusnuss day trip also, and I was disappointed, tinipid kami... that's why nung 3rd visit ko sa Coron, ang dami kong napuntahan... I did a DIY tour... I realized na 1/4 lang of the Coron Bay tour ang napuntahan ko when I availed kokusnuss day trip...

Most people won't rip you off there... but there are still some people who will rip you... But generally, they are tourist-oriented and they are kind... Although there are negative things I observed there, I won't just post it here.

During my stay there I was alone initially, I had difficulty getting to join boat trips there. That's why I talked and observed a lot in market pier boat operators and drivers. With that I made friends with them.

If you want to get a standard rate for the boat rental, I can help you get one. Please email me in my email addy so I can reply at once. Or post something at http://owenferrer.i.ph for a fast reply.

Until then.

Quote Originally Posted by D.A. View Post
    You can also try Seadive's & L&MP's Restaurant... For a simpler meals, you can try Trining Bacsa's and Jackie's Restaurant... There is also what they call Resto Lane (they pronounce it like "Restulin")... try Lory's stall... she cooked the food in our boat trip, and according to my hard-to-please friends, the pinoy dish she cooked was superd... Although you might notice that this Restulin is where the locals used to eat... and there will always be a big red horse and a videoke beside your table...
    wow! sayang! your response would have been very helpful kso, now ko lang nabasa *** post. we left for coron last April 20 and stayed there until april 24. super bitin! i'll definetly go back there. there is so much to see in Coron, sayang lang, kulang talaga sa time *** trip namin. i'll take note of your suggestions next time i go there.

*** mga nakainan namin na carinderia (beside sea dive), na-disappoint ako. buti na lang nung last night namin, we had dinner at Bistro Italliano. Sarap and sulit ang price!

Quote Originally Posted by D.A. View Post
    Your question is between island resort vs inland lodging.

Hope my remarks helps.

Until then.
    cheers D.A. this certainly helps. as you said, i'm obliged to the wifey's wish, especially if she's the one paying...

Hello DA

Any idea how much are we going to spend in Coron if we are going to stay for 4 days and 3 nights?

Excluding the hotel and airfare.

Thanks

Hi.

Many thanks for the valuable contributions of Verbl Kint, saywhat and DA...very informative for the would-be Coron first-timers

I plan to go there soon and looks like my available time would be sometime Sep-Oct. I know this is not the best time to go but this is what my schedule could allow me. Do you think I should go ahead or do you think it's totally not advisable?

Comments/suggestions please....thanks a lot!

this place really is awesome!!! try going with your barkada and youll enjoy every moments of it..we stayed there for 9 days and really it was fun all along..goodluck to all the travellers of coron!

btw we also experienced staying in kokossnuss for a day.and buti nalng nkahanap kami ng ibang tutuluyan(Darayonan lodge). yeah i guess d trips made by them would only cost u much..mas mganda if kyo nlang mag plan ..mas marami pa kayo mararating.. try to rent a boat sa market mrami kyo mkikilala. the people thre are friendly maybe bec. turista ang buhay nila.. kaya dont worry once u get thre it will all be worth it.. godbless

had anyone tried going up mt tundalara? how's the trail?

Ano po ang (mga) airline(s) ang pumupunta sa Coron, Palawan (Calamian Island Group)?

Page 4 of 269 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 104 ... LastLast