PEx Highlights

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Top Female Celebrities

2 more weeks and she will officially be the IT GIRL of the month. Can her fans keep it up? Jane Oineza is still PEx's Top Female Celeb!

read more

PROMO: The Book of Life

Join the promo and get a chance to win exclusive The Book of Life merchandise!

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter

Be in the know! Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter for community, movies, sports and promo updates.

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kabag and bowel movements

Hi to all moms!

I dont know if naging problem niyo ito but my baby is kabagin. Kasi utot ng utot tapos iiyak. Anong gamot niyo? aciete ba? and for two days di pa nagpoopoo baby ko pero breastfed naman siya...masama na ba yun...i texted her pedia already just want to know your experiences. By the way my baby is 1 month and 7 weeks old.

1 big bottle acete de manzanilla, 1 big bottle acete alcanforado, and 1 medium bottle ng efficascent oil. Mix them togethere. After and before every bath, and when baby is "ligalig" or matigas ang tummy, wipe this on his tummy, and back, and head. Include the soles of his feet. This is what I do para di pasukin ng lamig.

As for the poop, massage his tummy in the I love you format. It will help.

ally1003, is your baby exclusively breastfed? any other things that your baby takes (formula, vitamins, etc etc)?

I was reluctnt to try aceite de manzanilla at first, too, but I was forced to try it because my first baby always had colic and I was desperate.

Well, what do you know, it worked! Just observe your baby's skin carefully to be sure he/she doesn't have adverse reactions to it.

Btw, aceite de manzanilla doesn't only heat baby's tummy, it also contains chamomile, which is a mild sedative

thamks for the replies....yes my baby is exclusively breastfed. she pooped already yesterday. her pedia says its normal just stimulate ... as for aciete how come pedias dont recommend it?

i think for exclusively breastfed babies, it's pretty normal for them not to poop everyday. although with my son, he's pretty regular even at 8 months.
    we do infant massage on him almost every night and kasama na don ang massage sa tummy and we do baby yoga in the mornings too (like the bicycle and knees to chest).
    i'm not sure about aciete de manzanilla but camphor oil and menthol isn't recommended for infants because it is toxic and cause lung problems or other more serious complications.

Quote Originally Posted by sneezy View Post
    i'm not sure about aciete de manzanilla but camphor oil and menthol isn't recommended for infants because it is toxic and cause lung problems or other more serious complications.
    This is right. That's why Vicks Vapor Rub should not be used on babies.

Aceite de Manzanilla is chamomile and citronella oil. I presume doctors don't recommend it because it falls under herbal/folk medicine, and med reps don't promote it

However, it might irritate baby's skin, that's why you should use little only at first and observe carefully. Luckily, my babies seem to like it and it works for them

^so puede din pala ang aceite de manzanilla to ward off mosquitoes?

for infant massage naman for my boy, i use sweet almond oil and add a drop or two of chamomile essential oil.

have you tried gripewater for kabag?

^i've tried gripewater. But I really cannot gauge if it works because I did not really use it regularly (as in the recommended dosage and frequency). But my sister swears by it. Effective daw for her baby. Both our babies used to be kabagin.

Quote Originally Posted by camgray View Post
    ^i've tried gripewater. But I really cannot gauge if it works because I did not really use it regularly (as in the recommended dosage and frequency). But my sister swears by it. Effective daw for her baby. Both our babies used to be kabagin.
    uhm, available ba locally ang gripewater? mag e-eight weeks palang baby ko eh. Kase nakakastress to take her out if she keeps crying.

try Relestal (anti-cholinergic) ask your pediatrician first..the dosage would depend on the wt. & age of your baby...

Quote Originally Posted by ally1003 View Post
    uhm, available ba locally ang gripewater? mag e-eight weeks palang baby ko eh. Kase nakakastress to take her out if she keeps crying.
    My sister buys from Hong Kong. sorry i don't know where to buy it in the Phil. Safe for use sya even for infants.

i used mylicon for my baby's gas pains...binili *** ni hubby sa store kc when we asked my baby's pedia kng ano gamot para kabag sabi *** nya normal dw un sa babies at dapat gawin i-massage *** tummy nya or lay him on his tummy...ginawa nmin un *** *** umaandar kc kabag ng baby ko madaling araw at grabe kng makaiyak siguro dahil sobrang sakit *** nilalagyan ko ng gamot *** gatas nya...lakas ng utot ng baby ko minsan pati ** nagugulat
    natatawa ako pg naaalala ko un pro nung time na nangyayari un sarap umiyak kc naaawa ako sa knya kng pwed nga *** ako n *** kabagin wag na **...
    awa ng diyos na overcome nya un mga 2 months **
    Last edited by b_i_s_a_y_a; Jan 18, 2007 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b_i_s_a_y_a View Post
    i used mylicon for my babies gas pains...binili *** ni hubby sa store kc when we asked my baby's pedia kng ano gamot para kabag sabi *** nya normal dw un sa babies at dapat gawin i-massage *** tummy nya or lay him on his tummy...ginawa nmin un *** *** umaandar kc kabag ng baby ko madaling araw at grabe kng makaiyak siguro dahil sobrang sakit *** nilalagyan ko ng gamot *** gatas nya...lakas ng utot ng baby ko minsan pati ** nagugulat
    natatawa ako pg naaalala ko un pro nung time na nangyayari un sarap umiyak kc naaawa ako sa knya kng pwed nga *** ako n *** kabagin wag na **...
    awa ng diyos na overcome nya un mga 2 months **
    My pedia said its normal too and she has the same advice like what your pedia advised you pero nakakaloka yung iyak at totoo wish ko nun ako nalang ang meh kabag...right now malakas siyang umutot ...in two days, two months na siya. Natutulog na siya ng maayos pag gabi..dati hay grabe puyat kami lagi. Mukhang call center agent ata yung anak ko at nasa graveyard shift. Sana lang maging cooperative siya pagbalik ko sa work ko on feb. 7...ayoko na nga bumalik wala parin me nahahanap na mag-aalaga sa kanya...hay buhay.

ally1003

grabe nga ang puyat..imagine waking up every 2 hours to feed the baby and change his diaper from time to time...minsan nag-away *** ni hubby kc ang ingay daw namin ng anak nya d ** makatulog e he works 9 hours everyday so dusa talaga...
    i want to work too...tumigil kc ako before i got married sa kahilingan n ** ng asawa ko..but now i fell bored *** naisip ko magwork uli kaso i don't think i will be able to trust anybody to take care of my baby...masakit sa ulo!

Hi mommies ally and bisaya! Hang in there... These too shall pass... after 10 years??? hehehe... Ako din puyat every night. My Nate is 6 mos. and pang call center din ata sya! 12 midnight gising sya, then goes back to sleep. Halos every hour gumigising! In the morning, he's awake na at 4 or 5 am, at gusto na bumaba sa salas! di tititgil kaka sigaw til i bring him down... haay..

Sorry OT pala

nakakatuwa naman at meron akong ka-share ng stories na ganito....camgray! bisaya! dusa talaga but pag nakita mo yung ka- cute-tan nila at pag nag smile nakakapawi ng pagod. ngayon nga karga ko kse pag nilapag ko nagigising hay.ako gusto ko nga sa bahay magwork...yung work at home ba...camgray nagwowork ka ba?

nakakatuwa naman at meron akong ka-share ng stories na ganito....camgray! bisaya! dusa talaga but pag nakita mo yung ka- cute-tan nila at pag nag smile nakakapawi ng pagod. ngayon nga karga ko kse pag nilapag ko nagigising hay.ako gusto ko nga sa bahay magwork...yung work at home ba...camgray nagwowork ka ba?

hi mga mommies. up ko lang itong thread in case may other mommies who wants to share other remedies for kabag. my baby is 3 weeks old at grabe ang iyak because of colic, usually madaling araw umaatake. iyak na siya ng iyak dahil hindi siya makatulog. minsan nalulungad na siya kakapilit iiri yung utot niya. hindi rin everyday yung bowel movement niya. mix feeding yung baby. usually 4-6 oz. per day lang yung formula milk niya (kapag tulog ako or daddy at lola niya yung nag-aalaga) most of the time breastfed yung baby ko. I've read in baby sites na normal lang daw yung colic for babies this young pero nakakaawa talaga yung baby kapag iyak ng iyak at hindi siya makatulog. nilagyan ko na siya ng manzanilla, pinapadapa na for burp tapos may massage pa siya occasionally pero ganun pa rin.

any help please?

21. Feb 10, 2009, 10:58 PM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast