PEx Highlights

PROMO: Interstellar

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Interstellar!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Wins Laugher vs Champs

Calvin Abueva (21 points, 11 rebounds) and the Alaska Aces made a statement on Wednesday, dominating the Purefoods Star Hotshots in a laugher, 93-73.

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter

Be in the know! Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter for community, movies, sports and promo updates.

read more

Top Female Celebrities

2 more weeks and she will officially be the IT GIRL of the month. Can her fans keep it up? Jane Oineza is still PEx's Top Female Celeb!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Jotay Resort in Sta Ana, Cagayan

Just wanna share my bad experience at this resort.

Jotay Resort in Sta Ana, Cagayan is real far that can be reached by land for about 12-13 hours from Manila. I was able to find the hotel resort thru the internet and was convinced by their website saying "Jotay is a small friendly resort, restaurant and bar located right on the beach in the north eastern tip of the Philippines in the Cagayan Valley. I then decided to bring my family there for a supposed relaxing vacation.

When we're there, we checked in and payed for the room. We asked directions for the market then bought some foods needed for our stay there. Back to the resort, we asked the resort's attendant if we could borrow some things like griller and some kitchen utensils. They let us borrowed their things but obviously, one of the attendants was making face. Then here came me asking for a small favor if I can put soda in their fridge then one answered "ilan?" (inserts not pleasing tone here), that was awkward but i let it passed and said "isang litro lang". I was kind of offended by the way she reacted.

While we were preparing for our dinner, I said my sentiments to my family telling that the resort is of poor service and they don't know how to treat customers well. The girl who answered me (actually questioned me) with the soda issue heard and confronted me when I was about to get the soda. She said like "Narinig kita kanina! Anong sinasabi mong hindi maganda ang service namin dito at ang babastos namin! (with high tone here)". I was a bit shocked. But i reacted by saying "hindi ba kayo bastos? Sa ginagawa mong yan, is this the way you treat your customers? magpapa ref lang ng softdrink, tanong mo pa kung ilan? She then answered me "malay ko kung isang case ang pa ref mo! Inninsulto mo kami e!". From there, I asked where the manager is. Here came another person who's turned out to be her husband rescuing her. "Ano bang problema?". I said I wanna talk to the manager. He said he's a brother of the resort's owner (and kept on repeating it) and that resort is for family use purpose that if you don't like the the place better go. (alright- it shouldnt have opened for the public- if that's the case). He said that cooking isnt allowed but then they actually knew that we're going to cook beforehand coz we asked the person at frontdesk if cooking is allowed (they are a bunch of inconsistent people). That time, our driver backed me up. I said my points to them and when they realized their inconsistencies, they said pasensya na.

Left them and headed to our room. My mom talked to the manager about the incident and the manager asked for sorry. When I was at the room, the driver told me that the cook had a gun put at his back that's why he has kept backing me up. My tita also saw it when the cook was approaching the people drinking some alcohol. That point, I asked my cousin to call mom and leave the place right away.

Left the place and went to Aparri and stayed there for a night.

Just when I realized that Sta. Ana has great tourism potentials because of their Anguib beach and some kick-*** to see islands. I'm not expecting a 5 star hotel kind of accomodation from them, but when you travel by that far, please see to it that your place is worth to visit. Key points: Just be nice.

Just imagine the place, at the tip of the north eastern part of the Philipppines, worst case scencario that night was that we could have been killed and thrown out in the China Sea. And it's all because of a soda.

Thumbs down

Hindi pala dapat Jotay Resort... dapat... JOLOGS resort... and they actually have a website? sheeesh! =P

Well, I emailed them and told them about this incident. They promptly replied:

Thank you for your email.
    We've advised other respondents to check their facts before making one
    sided
    judgements, as you should do.

Trevor J. Taylor

^ well, im not here to be sided. just sharing my bad experience with the resort and that doesnt mean that it will happen to others as well. it's just a reminder for the owner of the resort to somehow train their employees of proper dealing with the customers. i say the manager is welcoming. my mom even told that she's nice. the problem lies with some of their employees. damage has been done. and i dont think ill ever go back to that resort again.

nakakatakut naman dun, bat kaya sila naghire ng ganung tauhan. walang modo, siguro elementary lang ang natapos nun.

ikalat naten ito sa mga boards para wala ng pupunta sa place nila.

ano ba website nila?

may point si prinsepe

Quote Originally Posted by prinsepe View Post
    ^ well, im not here to be sided. just sharing my bad experience with the resort and that doesnt mean that it will happen to others as well. it's just a reminder for the owner of the resort to somehow train their employees of proper dealing with the customers. i say the manager is welcoming. my mom even told that she's nice. the problem lies with some of their employees. damage has been done. and i dont think ill ever go back to that resort again.

hindi naman sa pag-aano, prinsepe, you sure na hindi ka naman naunang nagtaray sa staff dun kaya naman sinungitan din kayo ng family mo?

anyways, may point nga naman si prinsepe. this is just a warning to those who might want to go there. i also checked the resort's website, and sayang, kasi maganda pa naman yung lugar nila, tapos jologos naman ang ugali ng mga employees. besides, bakit nag-iinuman yung mga empleyado nila doon (kung lahat man ng nakita nilang nag-iinuman ay empleyado ng resort) sa oras ng kanilang trabaho? atsaka sa layo ng lugar sana man lang prinsepe and his family had a good time. para sa first timer, traumatic nga naman sa kanila ang ginawa ng mga jologs na empleyado ng resort. kawawa naman yung may-ari ng resort in the long run kung di niya mariremedyuhan ang pakikitungo ng mga empleyado niya sa mga kliyente. malulugi siya kapag wala nang pumunta dun kung maraming makakaranas ng di-magandang treatment. a good businessman/woman knows that ang kahit na nag-iisang bulok na kamatis ay pwedeng makapagpabulok sa isang basket ng magagandang kamatis. in this case, hindi mo naman maiiwasang maisip na one bad employee=lahat ng employees bad na din OR = to pangit na resort.

peace sa lahat!

Quote Originally Posted by ka_enteng View Post
    nakakatakut naman dun, bat kaya sila naghire ng ganung tauhan. walang modo, siguro elementary lang ang natapos nun.

ikalat naten ito sa mga boards para wala ng pupunta sa place nila.

ano ba website nila?

as far as i know, when we were in a middle of a debate, the cook said "this is a family business." the girl who reacted with what i said was the wife of the cook who happens to be the brother of the resort's owner. as what ive said, im not expecting much from the resort. there are some staff from there who are actually helpful. it's just so happened that maybe the girl didnt know how to react well with some of the the guests' feedbacks and so with her husband. with all my travels, it's my first time to encounter such thing. and up to now, whenever i think of it, it's still traumatic. and i brought my mom there for her to have a break with workloads too. so what happened? it spoiled our vacation. im not mareklamo and all when it comes to the places ive already visited. and usually, the people in the places where we go are WELCOMING. im just saying the truth that their service is real bad. and i think it's my right as a customer to say whatever i have noticed in the resort. it's up for them on how they will take it. imagine you're quarelling your own guest? (na parang kaaway mo lang sa kanto)

their resort is not the type of resort that intends or needs to be siraan. in the first place, it's very far. what can i get out of it if I tell stories like this? attaining a college level degree won't ever tell if you have good values. values are innate. i believe training their staff is a good solution for this not to happen again with other travelers.

Quote Originally Posted by sherleh View Post

hindi naman sa pag-aano, prinsepe, you sure na hindi ka naman naunang nagtaray sa staff dun kaya naman sinungitan din kayo ng family mo?

anyways, may point nga naman si prinsepe. this is just a warning to those who might want to go there. i also checked the resort's website, and sayang, kasi maganda pa naman yung lugar nila, tapos jologos naman ang ugali ng mga employees. besides, bakit nag-iinuman yung mga empleyado nila doon (kung lahat man ng nakita nilang nag-iinuman ay empleyado ng resort) sa oras ng kanilang trabaho? atsaka sa layo ng lugar sana man lang prinsepe and his family had a good time. para sa first timer, traumatic nga naman sa kanila ang ginawa ng mga jologs na empleyado ng resort. kawawa naman yung may-ari ng resort in the long run kung di niya mariremedyuhan ang pakikitungo ng mga empleyado niya sa mga kliyente. malulugi siya kapag wala nang pumunta dun kung maraming makakaranas ng di-magandang treatment. a good businessman/woman knows that ang kahit na nag-iisang bulok na kamatis ay pwedeng makapagpabulok sa isang basket ng magagandang kamatis. in this case, hindi mo naman maiiwasang maisip na one bad employee=lahat ng employees bad na din OR = to pangit na resort.

peace sa lahat!
    sa 1st question mo: i actually utter the words like:

nay, ang bastos ng mga tao dito! ang pangit ng service nila. kanina, nagparef ako ng softdrinks, itatanong pa kung ilan?!

said those words out of galit because when we were grilling some fish, they won't bother to turn on the lights near us. plus my cousin had experienced a not so welcoming face whenever he borrows some kitchen utensils.

i didnt know that the girl was there. so when she confronted me, i said my points to her. is it right to justify her answer by saying MALAY KO, baka isang case ipa ref mo!

you know what if it's not ok, she could have been said, sir, may corkage po tayo dito. bawal po kse ang maki ref kse may tinda po kami dtong mga softdrinks. and i could say, ah ganun ba. o cge miss salamat na lang. simple.

you made your point also. the owner should see his staff's attitude towards guests.

9. Advertisement

^yeah, i understand. i'd say that too. ako pa! =D
    and about the corkage, yeah, they could've told you guys. ano ba naman yung sabihin mo na lang ng maayos, di ba?

Quote Originally Posted by sherleh
    kawawa naman yung may-ari ng resort in the long run kung di niya mariremedyuhan ang pakikitungo ng mga empleyado niya sa mga kliyente. malulugi siya kapag wala nang pumunta dun kung maraming makakaranas ng di-magandang treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by prinsepe
    From there, I asked where the manager is. Here came another person who's turned out to be her husband rescuing her. "Ano bang problema?". I said I wanna talk to the manager. He said he's a brother of the resort's owner (and kept on repeating it) and that resort is for family use purpose that if you don't like the the place better go.
    The owner doesn't care if he makes money out of the resort, because "for family use" lang daw yun. Eh di utang na loob pa ng hindi family member na nakarating sila duon. 'Wag na lang! Ano sila sinuswerte, gagastos ka na para lang bababuyin nila.

Ikalat sa internet ang bad experience sa resort na yun.

Quote Originally Posted by sherleh View Post
    ^yeah, i understand. i'd say that too. ako pa! =D
    and about the corkage, yeah, they could've told you guys. ano ba naman yung sabihin mo na lang ng maayos, di ba?
    yes. madali lang sabihin yun d ba?

and when she confronted me, i couldnt deny that i also shouted. that i felt sorry for her too.

and about the gun issue, im not saying that the cook has a gun with him. our driver testified and so was my tita. but i coudnt say that he has one coz i didnt notice it. if it's true then, oh well, we're lucky enough that we left the place and we're still alive.

bad experience talaga... tsk tsk

Quote Originally Posted by prinsepe View Post
    and about the gun issue, im not saying that the cook has a gun with him. our driver testified and so was my tita. but i coudnt say that he has one coz i didnt notice it. if it's true then, oh well, we're lucky enough that we left the place and we're still alive.
    bad experience talaga... tsk tsk
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

Medyo nalito lang ako sa setting sa resort na yun. Dapat security guard ang may gun diba, not the cook?

Quote Originally Posted by bondying View Post
    The owner doesn't care if he makes money out of the resort, because "for family use" lang daw yun. Eh di utang na loob pa ng hindi family member na nakarating sila duon. 'Wag na lang! Ano sila sinuswerte, gagastos ka na para lang bababuyin nila.

Ikalat sa internet ang bad experience sa resort na yun.
    i reacted this way kasi sabi naman ng mom ni prinsepe, mabait naman yung nakausap nilang may-ari ng resort. let's be fair naman to her na nakiharap ng maayos kina prinsepe.

i say the manager is welcoming. my mom even told that she's nice. the problem lies with some of their employees.

ngayon this guy, the brother of the female staff na nagtaray kay prinsepe, who happens to be the brother ng may-ari ang nagke-claim na "family use" lang daw yun. judging from the story ng kaniyang driver and aunt, i guess he said these things kasi nga lasheng na sila. i sympathize with the owner ng resort, yung babaeng nakausap ng mommy ni prinsepe, kaya ko nasabing maisisra ang kanilang resort, dahil sa attitude ng isang staff na yun at ng kanyang hubby (na brother pala ng may-ari). well, there's one in every family.

Quote Originally Posted by aze24 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

Medyo nalito lang ako sa setting sa resort na yun. Dapat security guard ang may gun diba, not the cook?
    baka dalawa ang trabaho niya dun: cook/sikyu

^^^
    Multi-tasking

Quote Originally Posted by aze24 View Post
    ^^^
    Multi-tasking
    natawa naman ako dito.. pwede rin hehehe

the cook slash security guard is not lasing naman. nakita lang ng tita ko na nagpunta sya sa mga nag iinuman. and i dont know who are these people. and that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by sherle
    mabait naman yung nakausap nilang may-ari ng resort. let's be fair naman to her na nakiharap ng maayos kina prinsepe.
    Not good enough.

Nag-lip service lang ng "I'm sorry" yung manager (di naman sinabi ni prinsepe if the manager is also the owner). The damage has been done and the manager did not even try to go further than the lip-service "I'm sorry" to make up for the bad attitudes of the cook and his wife.

That cook and his wife will still be there to display their attitude and arrogance to other customers and the manager will again say "I'm sorry."

Not good enough.

^ i did not actually get to talk with the manager. my mom did. basta that time, after the issue has been resolved, we decided to just leave the place and look for another hotel (located not in sta. ana where in we get to travel for another 2 hours) even if i already payed our stay there for a night. the place is somewhat liblib pa. i just dont feel like spending more time there any longer. sayang talaga... i travel a lot and never had i experienced such behavior from a hotel/resort staff.

anyways, im still promoting the place (not the hotel- hehe). just wanna share some pics taken in Cagayan province. our trip was filled with such major disappointment but that didnt stop me to take pictures.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/pclinkme/Cagayan/018.jpghttp://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/pclinkme/Cagayan/014.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/pclinkme/Cagayan/012.jpghttp://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/pclinkme/Cagayan/011.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/pclinkme/Cagayan/010.jpghttp://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/pclinkme/Cagayan/009.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/pclinkme/Cagayan/007.jpghttp://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/pclinkme/Cagayan/006.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/pclinkme/Cagayan/005.jpghttp://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/pclinkme/Cagayan/004.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/pclinkme/Cagayan/002.jpghttp://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/pclinkme/Cagayan/001.jpg

^are there any other beaches in cagayan?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast