PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: DLSU Notches First Win

Jason Perkins drained big baskets in the clutch to help DLSU escape NU 57-55 and notch their first win in the UAAP Season 77.

read more

FIBA Worlds Special Feature

PEx's resident local hoops guru, Jay P. Mercado, ranks the greatest RP teams in the "open basketball" era.

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 2

Are the Blue Eagles back on top again? Check out this week's PEx UAAP Season 77 Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

Review: Hercules

Bordering on ridiculous, Dwayne Johnson delivers and Hercules is a fun and entertaining ride.

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan upsets Army

Cagayan Valley Rising Sun hands Philippine Army its first loss through 4 sets, 27-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-22

read more

Calling all vigilantes in PEx!

Are you vigilant and always ready for action? This is your chance to be a "PEX POLICE"

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Boo Yah!

[MERGED] Miliaria ( Prickly Heat / Bungang Araw )

Meron ba? Calamine lotion lang ba?

Talking

Prickly heat (miliaria) can be prevented thru avoidance of overbathing and strong soaps, and of course, avoiding exposure to hot or humid environments. Aside from Caladryl, you can try Sarna lotion or Fenistil gel, applied 2-3x daily. Prickly heat powders may help, too.

Boo Yah!

Talking

Thanks Doc Ira! You are the best!

Go For It

Talking

heeeeeeeeelp! i have rashes growing on my back; they look like "bungang araw"/prickly heat. they aren't really that disturbing, just a little bit itchy when touched. in fact, i hadn't noticed them before i tried on my low-back dress. i need to get rid of them soonest! what's the best way to make them disappear? i've never had them before (i think).

You don't need medications for that. Treatment for prickly heat would basically be to stop it from getting worse while it heals by itself:

1. Stay inside a cool (airconditioned) surrounding.
    2. Keep your skin clean and dry, and take showers frequently using a mild soap like Cetaphil or that Johnson's pH5.5 thing. Apply lotion afterwards.
    3. Wear loose, light, breathable clothing, or better yet, keep the area exposed to air at home.
    4. Use baby powder. The cornstarch baby powder is best.
    5. Stop scratching. If it's too itchy, put Caladryl.

Prickly heat usually disappears in a week.

Question

I'm just curious.

What are the signs that you have prickly heat? How can you distinguish them from body pimples? What is the cause of this?

What if the rashes at your back doesn't disappear in a week's time?

Naku... so many questions... :-)

Prickly heat appears as small red pimples and pink blotches on the skin, occuring most often on the areas that receive lots of friction from clothing such as the neck, back, diaper areas for infants, and skin folds. They almost always disappear on their own, but if the rashes persist after 1 week, it's advised that you see a dermatologist because you may need some steroids to make it disappear.

Talking

Thanks, Doc! ^_^

Post Bungang Araw

Hello magandang hapon po....
    tanong ko lang po kung bakit nagkaka bungang araw ang bata?
    dala po ba ito ng sobrang init?

kse yung daughter ko 1 yr & 5 months ang daming bungang araw.
    ano po ba ang gamot ** meron bang sabon para sa bungang araw?

na try ko na po yung Fissan pero di masyadong Effective saka
    mahal sya... Ano po ba yung dapat iwasan at dapat gawin para
    sa mga bungang araw?

thank you

Prickly heat or bungang araw is caused by prolonged exposure to perspiration, leading to plugging of the sweat ducts. This results in the duct breaking open and the escape of sweat below the skin which causes the rash. It's very common in children up to 4 years of age. The key to treating miliaria is to avoid excessive heat and humidity so that sweating is not stimulated. Keep them cool, and dress them in loose cotton outfits, keep them in airconditioned areas if possible, and applying lotions like Caladryl in the affected area to lessen the discomfort. The bungang araw will not disappear immediately-- it will be there for a few weeks-- but it will disappear.

thank you...

Post Bungang-araw?

Is ther such thing as bungang araw? how do we treat this properly? What is the difference between bungang-araw d rashes?

please enlighten me thanks!!

Bungang araw is "prickly heat" in English.

Old threads on prickly heat a.k.a. bungang araw:

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/...threadid=97599
    http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/...threadid=43978

rashes from heat?

wearing a bra is getting really uncomfortable for me bec 1. our school is hot and 2. i'm getting rashes on my body (sa may bra lines)

what can i do about this?

If your bra is a bit tight, it might be time to buy a new one. Also, avoid bras with underwires and those that have unbreathable cloths--just stick to cotton. You should also put powder daily on that area to prevent it from happening. Try a prickly heat powder (Fissan) available in drugstores and supermarkets.

Bungang Araw sa mukha???

I just want to ask kung anong medicine sa parang bungang araw na maliliit sa mukha, then pag naaraw pumupula at makati?

This might help, you could also see a dermatologist if you want - >

Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    Prickly heat or bungang araw is caused by prolonged exposure to perspiration, leading to plugging of the sweat ducts. This results in the duct breaking open and the escape of sweat below the skin which causes the rash. It's very common in children up to 4 years of age. The key to treating miliaria is to avoid excessive heat and humidity so that sweating is not stimulated. Keep them cool, and dress them in loose cotton outfits, keep them in airconditioned areas if possible, and applying lotions like Caladryl in the affected area to lessen the discomfort. The bungang araw will not disappear immediately-- it will be there for a few weeks-- but it will disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    Prickly heat appears as small red pimples and pink blotches on the skin, occuring most often on the areas that receive lots of friction from clothing such as the neck, back, diaper areas for infants, and skin folds. They almost always disappear on their own, but if the rashes persist after 1 week, it's advised that you see a dermatologist because you may need some steroids to make it disappear.

Milaria ???

Need help, may skin doctor ba dito? Me problema kasi ako, may white water bubbles ako sa arms kapag pinagpapawisan na ako. Mahilig kasi ako sa outdoor sports. Tumatakbo at nagbabike. na sun burn ako 2 weeks ago na. Ng tumakbo ako last tuesday napansin ko na may white water bubbles ako sa dalawa kong braso . Natakot ako at naghanap ng skin doctor pero napansin ko na lang na unti unti itong nawawala kayat hindi na ako natuloy sa paghahanap ng skin doctor. Ngayong umaga naman ay tumakbo ulit ako ng mga 30 minutes lang, nakita ko na naman na may water bubbles ako sa arms. me na search ako sa internet at milaria yata tawag dito . baka may idea kayo sa problema ko o may alam kayo na skin doctor na malapit dito sa makati. Maraming salamat

MILIARIA yata, hindi MILARIA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast