Philadelphia 76ers Thread: This Starts Now - Page 3 | NBA | PinoyExchange

Page 3 of 16 First ... 2 3 4 13 ... Last
    we talkin' bout practice?! ai#3's Avatar
    bonus nalang din pag si K2 sumabay. BTW, K2 top scored in the game against Denver.

^yeah, top scorer si K2 sa denver game, i believe 20 pts lang ata si AI noon that come along with 9 assists...

sa tingin ko nga someone should help AI sa offense
    or if not they should do better defense and let AI do the scoring (like the 2000-2001 season where the sixers were the eastern champion...

Dapat may consistent back up scorer talaga. Yun na talaga problem ng Sixers dati pa. First year ni AI si Stack kasama nya but eventually na trade din. They've tried Tim Thomas, Larry Hughes, KVH, Harpring, DC and now Webber. I dont expect much from Cwebb na, nag drop na numbers nya eh.
    check this out http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/spo...l/15998018.htm
    Last edited by ai#3; Nov 14, 2006 at 03:43 PM.

@ Seattle later 11 AM. GO SIXERS!

hehe mamaya na ang Game against Seattle... hoboy.

Sixers snapped 3-game losing streak with a win over Seattle 96-90. They move to 4-3 and tied NJ for the top position in the Atlantic Division.
    Next game is on Saturday @ LAC.

Webber to be traded??

Webber wants trade, report says
    The Sixers forward isn't happy with his role and told the Sacramento Bee, "I'm not going to keep playing like this."

Forward Chris Webber has talked with 76ers president Billy King about his reduced role with the team, and the Sacramento Bee reported on its Web site last night that Webber has asked to be traded.

"I'm not going to keep playing like this," Webber told the Bee after scoring six points in 23 minutes Wednesday as the Sixers beat Seattle, 96-90. "I don't like this role. So you can take that however you want."

Coach Maurice Cheeks decided to keep Webber on the bench for the final 15 minutes, 45 seconds of the SuperSonics game, including the entire fourth quarter. It marked the third game this season that Webber has not been on the court in the final period.

Webber, an all-star with the Sacramento Kings, was traded to the Sixers in February 2005. He is averaging 30.6 minutes, 10.3 points and 8.3 rebounds per game. His career averages are 37.9 minutes, 21.5 points and 10 rebounds.

King told the Associated Press last night that he had talked recently with Webber, but he did not say whether a trade had been requested.

"The focus has been on the team all year, and Chris is an important member of the team," King said. "Maurice has been making decisions each game that he and the staff feel will give us the best opportunity to succeed, and I support him in the decision-making process."

Webber, a 13-year NBA veteran, averaged 20.2 points and 9.9 rebounds in 75 games last season.

With the combination of his huge salary ($20.7 million this season, $22.3 million next season) and his reduced physical state after knee surgery, Webber is as close to an untradable player as there is in the league - at the moment. But he'll become more tradable as February's trade deadline approaches.

Players in the last year of their contracts are valuable chips for teams that are trying to clear salary-cap room for the following summer. A team interested in Webber for such purposes would be able to clear a huge chunk of room after the 2007-08 season. But the new team would be less interested in paying the bulk of his salary now. Waiting a few months would make the Sixers pick up more of this season's tab.

Webber, 33, has had a difficult time since being acquired by the Sixers. He clashed with former coach Jim O'Brien and said his few months with O'Brien were the worst he'd had in basketball. Last season, he appeared to chafe at his role in the offense, although he and Allen Iverson worked well together offensively.

Webber said at the start of training camp that he "was happy to represent Philadelphia" and that he felt better physically than he had since injuring his knee in the 2003 playoffs. He was looking forward to the season.

"It's built a lot of character," Webber said then of his time in Philadelphia. "And I'm not a quitter... . I know this is where I'm supposed to be right now... . The tougher it is right now, the better the story will be if we win. It'll be like a movie. So that's what I'm looking for, some type of movie ending."

Iverson off-target. Iverson shot just 6 of 22 from the field Wednesday against Seattle. Still, the Sixers broke a three-game losing streak, and few people in the visitors' locker room at KeyArena were happier than Iverson.

"That's the fun part about basketball," Iverson said after the game. "I used to always feel like whenever I struggled, it wasn't a fun game. But when you're struggling and you still win, that just says a lot about the guys you're playing with."

The Sixers, who practiced at KeyArena yesterday before heading to Phoenix for tonight's game against the Suns at US Airways Arena, received good efforts from almost everyone who played against the Sonics.

Andre Iguodala had 12 points, nine assists, eight rebounds and three steals while spending a good portion of the game at the point.

Then there were the unsung guys, like Kevin Ollie draped all over Seattle's Ray Allen, who shot 9 of 23, and Shavlik Randolph putting up six points and five rebounds in the second quarter.

"We had a lot of good performances," Cheeks said yesterday. "Allen Iverson is a human being. He's not going to play well every night. You've got to have players to step up. I thought Andre played an overall great game, and you have to have players play like that when your stars are kind of struggling."

The Sixers' defense will be challenged tonight against the high-powered Suns, the NBA's top offensive team, led by two-time MVP Steve Nash.

from philly.com

This is what I'm talking about. Yahoo! The guy can't accept the fact that he's no longer a major contributor to the team. C'mon Cwebb! Honestly, I wouldnt' mind if he's really gonna leave the team. Ang problema, are there any takers? Go Knicks! Keep the phone line busy Billy King! Work it out! at sana naman medyo llamado Philly kung sakaling gagawa nga ng move.

Quote Originally Posted by ai#3 View Post
    Sixers snapped 3-game losing streak with a win over Seattle 96-90. They move to 4-3 and tied NJ for the top position in the Atlantic Division.
    Next game is on Saturday @ LAC.
    @ PHX pala. olats! tsk! bawi next game..

laki ng problema nila ngayon. AI may sit out in the next 3 games due to aching wisdom tooth daw. Cwebb naman may iniinda sa back o ewan ko baka nag iinarte nato. Di maganda yung timing nang mga pangyayare. Back to Wachovia Center versus Detroit sa Wednesday.

goodness, panay talo na...

next game is on Sunday @ NJ. sobrang dikitan sa Atlantic Division so this one is a must win. Go Sixers!

Yahoo!! Welcome to the lottery! If the Sixers continue to play just like that, Mr. Oden, prepare to be a Sixer!

goodness, panay talo na...
    5-11 5th Atlantic.

ang saya noh?

So what are they doing wrong? is it just bad luck?

Lamang lang tayo ng isang panalo sa Griz, lapit na mag worst record sa NBA. Ang tanong dapat dyan, kung ano ang tamang nangyayare sa team ngayon? parang wala eh, from the top management down to the players lahat parang sablay. Ed Snider,the owner of the Sixers seem to neglect the team. Maka-Philly Flyers ang mamang yan. Walang pakelam sa Sixers. Sana nga binenta na lang ang franchise sa iba. Kay Billy King naman, ewan ko, I hope he can pull off a trade (good one) this season. Yan ang responsible sa pagkuha kay Cwebb at ngayon hirap silang dispatsahin si Webber dahil sa napakalaking kontrata. About Mo, itigil na sana nya ang "small ball". Di sya mananalo kung ganon. Ngayon ko naiisip na sana, SANA andyan ule si Larry Brown. Sa players, injured si Shav and Korver. I'm starting to like the idea of Iverson being traded. Wala ng mapapala si AI sa team na yan. Win-win situation narin yun both for Sixers and AI. Once they trade AI, sigurado rebuilding stage na yan. Tapos sabayan pa ng top 3 draft next year.

Lamang lang tayo ng isang panalo sa Griz, lapit na mag worst record sa NBA. Ang tanong dapat dyan, kung ano ang tamang nangyayare sa team ngayon? parang wala eh, from the top management down to the players lahat parang sablay. Ed Snider,the owner of the Sixers seem to neglect the team. Maka-Philly Flyers ang mamang yan. Walang pakelam sa Sixers. Sana nga binenta na lang ang franchise sa iba. Kay Billy King naman, ewan ko, I hope he can pull off a trade (good one) this season. Yan ang responsible sa pagkuha kay Cwebb at ngayon hirap silang dispatsahin si Webber dahil sa napakalaking kontrata. About Mo, itigil na sana nya ang "small ball". Di sya mananalo kung ganon. Ngayon ko naiisip na sana, SANA andyan ule si Larry Brown. Sa players, injured si Shav and Korver. I'm starting to like the idea of Iverson being traded. Wala ng mapapala si AI sa team na yan. Win-win situation narin yun both for Sixers and AI. Once they trade AI, sigurado rebuilding stage na yan. Tapos sabayan pa ng top 3 draft next year.
    >>>yeah ako rin aaminin ko na kaya ako nanood ng games ng sixers ay dahil kay iverson kaya lang gusto ko na rin siya i-trade kasi nasasayang ang talent niya wala kasing kwenta ang team niya eh di katulad noon 2000-01 season...

si dalembert laging foul trouble, mataas nga pero yong rebound niya di consistent at tsaka yong blocks niya
    si webber keeps shooting the ball di naman pumapasok kaya FG% niya ang baba
    si andre at korver inconsistent din...on and off

at ang defense ng team ang panget...sana i-trade nalang nila si AI...ako i believe na kaya pa ni AI 4-5 years sa NBA...tama ka win-win ang situation, im sure the sixers will have a higher pick next season lalo na pag wala sila masyadong wins...

^ lipat team na tayo! hehe! seriously, I'd still root for Philly, second to AI's new team.

pano yan mga bro ttrade na c AI? sixers pa din ba kyo?
    bsta ako support ako kung nsan c AI!! hehe, sana sa minnesota!

I'm an AI fan. So wherever he goes, don ako but as I've said earlier, tuloy parin ang suporta sa Philly.

Page 3 of 16 First ... 2 3 4 13 ... Last