PEx Highlights

PROMO: Guardians of the Galaxy

Get a chance to movie passes to the special PinoyExchange 15th Anniversary Block Screening of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan Outlasts NU

The Cagayan Valley Rising Suns climbed up the Shakey's V-League ladder after a tough 26-24, 25-23, 27-25 win over the NU Lady Bulldogs.

read more

Top Celebrity Loveteams!

Check out which loveteams dropped and which ones came out on top this week!

read more

PHOTOS: Ferrer Leads UST Past FEU

Kevin Ferrer nailed crucial triples in the game's final minutes to help the UST Growling Tigers escape the FEU Tamaraws 69-67.

read more

What's Wrong With the Green Archers?

After being penned the favorites of UAAP Season 77, the DLSU Green Archers are off to a slow opening in the season, now at 0-2.

read more

PHOTOS: ADMU Edges DLSU

Kiefer Ravena played like a man possessed in the 4th quarter to lead the ADMU Blue Eagles past the DLSU Green Archers 97-86.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

mother in law called me by my husband's ex-wife's name!!!

dinner seemed perfectly normal. everyone was done, and some were having dessert. and then boom! she asks me, "wilma (ex-wife's name), nabusog ka ba?"
    and worse.. this is not the first time she did it! the first time was across the room in a party. of course i was caught offguard, and i just stupidly laughed, and tried to avoid everyone's awkward stare. i promised myself i'd be ready to react the next time she does it with some witty and sharp remark.. but there i was again, dumbfounded and crushed...

ano kaya ang gagawin ko?!

ask her (in a polite tone) if she's senile.

if you don't mind- how long have you been married?.... kasi baka matagal nagsama iyong ex nuong anak niya tapos nasanay lang... siyempre di rin naman maaalis na paminsan-minsan ganon... atsaka okay naman yata kayo ng biyenan mo.... alang issues.. so no cause for worries...

Beerhand Gets Big Pots GreatBop's Avatar
    you can't blame force of habit on her.

what happened to the ex-wife maybe your mother-in -law prefers your ex-wife. what made you become the 2nd wife? of your husband? does your mother-in-law stays in your house? maybe you should try ignoring her and please her in someways.

tawagan mo syang mother-in-law alzheimer's *** matauhan sya.
    pwede rin sagutin mo sya ng "ano yun ex mother-in-law?"

aihihihi!!!

baklita

we've been married 5 years now, and living together for 4 (we were apart for 1 year bago kami nagsama) .ang ***** ***** niya naman to slip noh!

actually... ok kami on the surface. i mean she takes care of my kids naman when i need a sitter. BUT, i know that she's still very much in touch with the ex. as in they call each other just to say hello and make chika chika. tama ba naman yon?! and mind you, kaya nag split yung anak niya and that girl eh kasi nanlalake si girlash! and "monster-in-law" can still stomach being friends with her inspite of what she did to her son?!! oh well.. baka naman feel niya ang ang pagki-kiss-a** nitong si ex. ang alam ko kasi she still gives her stuff (xmas gifts, bday gifts, etc.) kaya nawalan na rin ako tuloy ng gana to make gestures like that kasi ayoko naman makipagkompitensya noh? if they like each other too much to leave each other alone, fine! wag niya lang akong matawagtawag by HER name! eewww!

Quote Originally Posted by baklita

tawagan mo syang mother-in-law alzheimer's *** matauhan sya.
    pwede rin sagutin mo sya ng "ano yun ex mother-in-law?"

aihihihi!!!

baklita

hehehe i like that baklita!

i know what you mean . . . during a family gathering of mine, my dad inadvertently called my girl with the name of my ex . . . people around us were really perplexed and you could see in their eyes that some were ready to burst - heheh !!! . . . i knew i have to save the day for my girl - thats why i told my dad, "dad, her name is _____ and not _______" . . . my dad apologized and never made the same mistake . . .

i guess, if your hubby is just around, its his responsibility to correct his mom . . . but if your mother-in-law is already old and such, you just have to live with it and not be too sensitive about it . . .

FREE TIBET !!!

alam mo ang mga matatanda madalas magkamali talaga sa pangalan.. my mom used to slip and call my wife "Cris"(ex gfs name)without her noticing it.. inintindi na lang ng wife ko.. slip of the tongue.. lalo na pag may edad..

dont make a big deal out of it.. next time she does that sweetly and politely correct her.. like "Ma, si Karen po ako.." eh di sya pa mejo mahihiya..

maybe you could talk to your husband about it... Hindi din siguro sinsadya ng mother-in-law mo... kase yung mga elder people nagiging senile na yan mga yan... Tama sila, responsibilty na ng husband mo to talk to his mom... Para hindi na maulet ng maulet... pag naulet pa yan, baka nanandya na... hehe

so kasal ba sya sa una o annulled na ba marriage nya sa unang asawa if infidelity was the reason. eh ikaw kasal ba kayo ng asawa mo? just asking para malaman ko what advice i could give you.

Quote Originally Posted by greenberet
    i know what you mean . . . during a family gathering of mine, my dad inadvertently called my girl with the name of my ex . . . people around us were really perplexed and you could see in their eyes that some were ready to burst - heheh !!! . . . i knew i have to save the day for my girl - thats why i told my dad, "dad, her name is _____ and not _______" . . . my dad apologized and never made the same mistake . . .

i guess, if your hubby is just around, its his responsibility to correct his mom . . . but if your mother-in-law is already old and such, you just have to live with it and not be too sensitive about it . . .

FREE TIBET !!!
    that was one thing i was wondering about too.. ano kaya ang papel ng hubby ko sa incident na to? how come naiinis din ako sa kanya? he was there when it happened, but he didnt exactly hear it during the time she said it... i told him about it when we got home, and he apologized for his mom.... (i smirked). the mom is not that old (60 or 61 yata) that's im not that easy to excuse her.
    btw, how did your gf react? was she cool about it? you think im overreacting?

Quote Originally Posted by stepehenyan@12
    so kasal ba sya sa una o annulled na ba marriage nya sa unang asawa if infidelity was the reason. eh ikaw kasal ba kayo ng asawa mo? just asking para malaman ko what advice i could give you.
    good question... yes they were married with 1 kid and now divorced (both are US citizens) and we are now married with 2 kids. we live here in the states... sige nga, advice mo ko pls.

Quote Originally Posted by princessdiane30
    maybe you could talk to your husband about it... Hindi din siguro sinsadya ng mother-in-law mo... kase yung mga elder people nagiging senile na yan mga yan... Tama sila, responsibilty na ng husband mo to talk to his mom... Para hindi na maulet ng maulet... pag naulet pa yan, baka nanandya na... hehe
    lam mo thats what i wanna do.. talk to him lengthily about it... BUT at the same time, nag he hesitate ako coz i dont wanna make a big thing about it. after all, his mom is the " mali mali type" -- lam mo na, yung she says "starsbuck" instead of starbucks, "barger king" for burger king, and calls her cellphone her "cellular".... but still it doesnt stop from ruining my day (minsan the whole week) when something like this happens... so meaning, mauulit nang mauulit to no matter what...

Quote Originally Posted by feeling21
    that was one thing i was wondering about too.. ano kaya ang papel ng hubby ko sa incident na to? how come naiinis din ako sa kanya? he was there when it happened, but he didnt exactly hear it during the time she said it... i told him about it when we got home, and he apologized for his mom.... (i smirked). the mom is not that old (60 or 61 yata) that's im not that easy to excuse her.
    btw, how did your gf react? was she cool about it? you think im overreacting?
    i was suprised with my girl considering that shes quite the jealous type, pero that time she took it cool, i really have to give it to her . . . my ex was my grade school and high school best friend, thats why my dad knows my ex very well . . . nope, you are not overracting - i wont categorize you as psycho, not yet !!! - heheheh !!! joke lang po . . . its reasonable naman coz you are not numb, you have feelings and you want to be known as you - you dont deserve to live under the shadow of your hubby's ex . . . but as i said before, your hubby should be on his toes when your mother-in-law is around . . .

FREE TIBET !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sabaybunot
    alam mo ang mga matatanda madalas magkamali talaga sa pangalan.. my mom used to slip and call my wife "Cris"(ex gfs name)without her noticing it.. inintindi na lang ng wife ko.. slip of the tongue.. lalo na pag may edad..

dont make a big deal out of it.. next time she does that sweetly and politely correct her.. like "Ma, si Karen po ako.." eh di sya pa mejo mahihiya..

I agree with SB, just bear with it, pag pa sensyahan na lang. correct her .." Ma naman .. hindi po ako si Wilma, si __________ po ako. Mas beauty naman ako dun noh, o mas sexy ( kung feel mong mag-joke)" hehe ..ako nga madalas napagpapalit ko ang mga names ng 2 sons ko ..kaya tawag ko sa kanila "nak'.

ah so us citizens sila pati ikaw us citizen ka rin ba!? well maybe you should talk to your husband and at the same time the 3 of you including your mother in law should have a dialogue and once and for all ask why your biyenan cannot accept the fact that you are the current wife of your husband explain that it's not your fault that your son pick me as the new wife i love your son and your son loves me what's wrong? try a little empathy scolding your biyenan won't do any good. don't even mention about the first wife philandering. let your husband deal with that and not you.

Quote Originally Posted by feeling21 View Post
    lam mo thats what i wanna do.. talk to him lengthily about it... BUT at the same time, nag he hesitate ako coz i dont wanna make a big thing about it. after all, his mom is the " mali mali type" -- lam mo na, yung she says "starsbuck" instead of starbucks, "barger king" for burger king, and calls her cellphone her "cellular".... but still it doesnt stop from ruining my day (minsan the whole week) when something like this happens... so meaning, mauulit nang mauulit to no matter what...
    You could also correct your mother-in-law, but do it in funny / joke kind of way? or just bring it up with your husband... I'm sure hindi naman siya narrow-minded and maiintidihan ka niya... there's no harm in trying right? Elder people can really be like that, iniiba yung names kase hindi familiar sakanila... pero if this mother-in-law of yours knows you for a lonf time already, dapat alam na niya yung name mo diba? Kase pag naulet ng naulet yan, baka magburst ka nalang or something..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast