PEx Highlights

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Better consult a gastroenterologist. I usually have an upset stomach at masakit ang sikmura ko pero 5 times and pain sa likod kung saan tumatagos yung pain na may kasamang heat burn. Madalas akong gumising sa gitna ng gabi just to eat kasi my stomach is painful and feeling ko gutom na gutom ako. I thought at first that the pain is coming from my backbone not until last Nov 2005 when I underwent a Colonoscopy operation. I was diagnose by Dra. Mary Elizabeth Flores of The Medical City to have a heital hernia and GERD. May maliit na sugat ako (actually gasgas look lang kasi nakita ko sa monitor) sa esophagus at naiirita sya everytime na nasasagi sya ng stomach acid. I was prescribed to take 20mg of Omepron. Omepron is an acid pump inhibitor. Sometimes I take Nexium pag talagang masakit na at hindi ko na matolerate. Since then ang daming bawal na pagkain. Naging conscious ako sa eating time at eating habits ko at pati mga pagkain na kinakain ako. My health gets better kasi ocassional na lang sumakit ang gastro ko pero naging mahina pati ang panunaw ko. Hirap ako sa pagdumi at madalas akong dumumi ng may kasamang dugo. Until nagka hemmoroid ako (almoranas) causing me to underwent an hemmoroidectomy last Aug 2006. I was advised to refrain from eating meat and fatty foods. I was more on foods rich in fiber. But a month after my operation, mas lalo akong nabahala kasi dumudumi na ako ng fresh blood without a stool. I almost have had the indications of a Colon cancer except that I was gaining weight instead of loosing it. So last Dec 2006, I underwent another operation which is called Colonoscopy. Good for me kasi may namamaga lang sa bungad ng **** ko. Di ko na maalala yung gamot na nireseta sa akin.

Noong kasagsagan ng sakit ko sa gastro late of 2005 and early 2006, naging matakaw ako sa pagkain. The more I eat kasi, the lesser the pain I felt. Saka ang lakas ng gana ko sa pagkain. I don't know if it's because of the medicines I take. From my original 96 lbs weight, I reached 160 lbs. First time ko magka bilbil in my whole life at sobra laki ng tiyan ko. But then I continue with the medicines tapos I go to the gym regularly and eat a balanced food. Now, I don't take any medicines anymore. I stopped taking medicines since April 2006. Kung samasakit man ang gastro ko, once in a blue moon na lang at very very mild pain na lang. I'm currently on 120 lbs na ngayon.

My advise, eat fruits and vegetables as much as possible, exercise regularly and drinks lots of water. Hanggat kaya mong imiwas sa meat and fatty foods, do it. Don't smoke and drink any alcohol kahit mild lang kasi it will trigger it. Don't ever drink any type of soda or softdrinks as well. Saka practice yung pakonti konting pagkain lang pero madalas. Don't eat so full.

My gastro came like a blessing in disguise kasi I learned to be more health and physically concious at an early age. I'm just 27 now. My body is now toned and firmed, a lot better than my old body looks. Noon, dream ko tumaba pero kahit anong kain ko, di ako tumataba. After my gastro, I achieved the body that I dreamed of.

Docs sometimes nakakaramdam ako ng pain sa left part ng tiyan ko. Hyperacidity ba ito? And most of the time iyong feeling na uneasy iyong left part ng tiyan? Ano ba ito? Minsan din burp ako ng burp.

3. Mar 21, 2007, 12:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by daBayrus View Post
    Common knowledge na sa mga me ulcer na bawal sa kanila ang maanghang, spicy, maasim, softdrinks, coffee, acidic foods, etc..

Tanong ko lang, yung mga foods ba na me acidulants, citric acid, tartaric acid, lactic acids, and the likes ay bawal din? How about yung lauric acid ng coconut milk? Bawal din ba?

Thanks...
    hmmmm... pinagbawal din sa akin ang milk... how about vitamin c bawal din kaya? di ba maasim din yun sa stomach..
    Sa mga nagtatanong recommendation ng gastro doc.. sa chinese gen. hospital look for Dr. EDWARD LIM...N12i just had endoscopy with him.... grabe cost around p8t but if u have philhealth less P3,000 so it's around P5,000 just like what i paid.
    Last edited by smilewarrior; Mar 22, 2007 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Textspeak, please edit

Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Docs sometimes nakakaramdam ako ng pain sa left part ng tiyan ko. Hyperacidity ba ito? And most of the time iyong feeling na uneasy iyong left part ng tiyan? Ano ba ito? Minsan din burp ako ng burp.
    It could be anything from hyperacidity or dyspepsia or other causes. Does it happen frequently? Describe the pain and if it is associated with food intake or lack of it.

6. Mar 25, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Reason
    textspeak

hi..i think i also need help here..

Last Monday, i went to the doctor kasi sumasakit tiyan ko. Yung feeling ko was that parang parati akong gutom or malamig tiyan e parati nga akong kain nang kain. Sabi niya anxious/stressed daw sa work or sa food din na kinakain ko daw kaya ganun tiyan ko so he gave me Buscopan (as needed) and Omepron (for 28days). I've been taking the Omepron for 7 days na pero parang wala pa ring effect kasi meron pa ring hunger pangs when I know na kumain naman ako..bakit ganun?

I don't know what I have kung ulcer ba ito or kung ano, ang naalala ko lang from our discussion was that I was acidic and hyperactive daw tiyan ko although wala naman siyang na-mention na mga bawal na pagkain. As of now I'm steering clear of softdrinks and coffee pero sa stress parang di kaya because of my job..hehe...kindly advise if there are other things I should avoid aside from those that are already mentioned and if I can continue my vitamins na (Cecon and Centrum).

Thank you at sana gumaling na tayong lahat!

Demon Hunter
    i've indigestion problem, bloating and stomach upset on some foods, what i do is take digestive enzyme before eating for better digestion. it helps me so far. you might want to give it a try. you can find them at health shops.

Quote Originally Posted by bee_tin View Post
    hi..i think i also need help here..

Last Monday, i went to the doctor kasi sumasakit tiyan ko. Yung feeling ko was that parang parati akong gutom or malamig tiyan e parati nga akong kain nang kain. Sabi niya anxious/stressed daw sa work or sa food din na kinakain ko daw kaya ganun tiyan ko so he gave me Buscopan (as needed) and Omepron (for 28days). I've been taking the Omepron for 7 days na pero parang wala pa ring effect kasi meron pa ring hunger pangs when I know na kumain naman ako..bakit ganun?

I don't know what I have kung ulcer ba ito or kung ano, ang naalala ko lang from our discussion was that I was acidic and hyperactive daw tiyan ko although wala naman siyang na-mention na mga bawal na pagkain. As of now I'm steering clear of softdrinks and coffee pero sa stress parang di kaya because of my job..hehe...kindly advise if there are other things I should avoid aside from those that are already mentioned and if I can continue my vitamins na (Cecon and Centrum).

Thank you at sana gumaling na tayong lahat!
    i would advise to stop taking the cecon and stick to centrum. Cecon is acidic and can trigger upset stomach. and yep....stress can be the cause of your symptoms

10. Mar 28, 2007, 09:58 PM

11. Mar 28, 2007, 10:10 PM

pls refer G.I. doctor

I would like to have colonoscopy but i dont know any good G.I. doctor. pls refer one. preferrably in ortigas area, if not in q.c. area. thanks!!!

You can contact Dr. Salvador Eustaquio. I think someone recommended him, too, in this thread/discussion. He holds clinic at The Medical City (post edited) I know he also holds clinic elsewhere -- di ko lang alam. You can just call his clinic and inquire where else you could see him if the Medical City is not convenient for you.

He performed my colonoscopy last Sept. Reasonable ang rate, explains the procedure well. Di ka matatakot because everything is explained well.
    Last edited by smilewarrior; Apr 19, 2007 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Please do not post private contact numbers in this forum, thank you

ask ko lang po, what exactly is colonoscopy? thanks

colonoscopy- a doctor inserts a probe (either with a camera) in to the anus to view the colon and look for anything unusual thats not suppose to be "there". You can search the net for a more thorough explanation of the procedure and what it is used for. They have pictures and can provide a more adequate explanation about its uses and for what condition it is requested for.

Most doctors do colonoscopy in patients they suspect of having cancer of the colon.

If you're looking for a gastroenterologist, I would NOT recommend Dr. Stephen Wong of Chinese Gen Hospital. I should have checked forums before going to him. I understand why he's not recommended.
    Last edited by shanghai_baby; Jul 2, 2014 at 11:43 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2