PEx Highlights

MOVIE REVIEW: The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner is a gripping and intense post-apocalyptic rollercoaster.

read more

FEATURE: The Travails of Chot Reyes

Find out as Jay P. Mercado weighs in on the criticism handed to our national basketball team coach, Chot Reyes.

read more

UAAP End of Eliminations Power Rankings

Fun times in Katipunan, the streaking Red Warriors and a very happy Norbert Torres. All that and more in this week's power rankings!

read more

First BPO Choice Awards Official Launch

The Core Productions, Inc., presented the first industry and awards night that revels the voice of the IT-BPO industry at the ICITE Auditorium.

read more

Show Me Your One Big Teeths!

Virgie is absent but Merly has a special guest in this week's episode! Find out who it is in this week's Cheerdance edition of Show Me Your Teeths!

read more

PHOTOS: Adamson Finally Captures Elusive Win

Check out match scenes from the final elimination game of the UAAP Men's Basketball season!

read more

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    A man, some meat and a grill.

Galing ni chef ah, dagdag ko lang. I’ve been using this marinade for quite sometime now (13 years), and all my friends commented that they haven’t tried barbeque quite like this.

Basics – calamansi (or lemon), salt, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce and 7 up.

I like 7 up, it’s a better tenderizer.

I don’t use skewers though. This barbeque recipe is for Korean style beef, porkchops (yung maganda ang marbling ng taba), and steak.

Habanero (tama ba spelling) flavored Tabasco sauce or the Chipotle flavor.
    Molasses (for that sweet, aromatic flavor)
    Bourbon (or whiskey – I use Jack Daniels personally – also a tenderizer and adds a kick to it)

You just mix everything in a marinade. Di ko sinusukat kasi pag ako gumagawa, I just use common sense (or tinatanya ko na lang).

For the Korean style beef – manipis na to, so the marinade shouldn’t take long to be absorbed. I’d say an hour or two is fine.

For Porchops, I recommend 4 hours at least, skin off ha, pero me taba. (sabi ng Tita ko, pork with fat makes everything taste good)

For Steak, you want to buy it two days earlier. I keep it cool enough, but not freezing, para mas malasa. Aged steak ika nga. – Chef, pano ba ang tamang pag-age ng steak? Mas maganda kasi pag na-abosorb na yung blood, mas juicy ang steak pag niluluto na.

I use regular charcoal, kasi pag yung me halo ng methane eh lasang gasolina ang luto mo.

Nakalimutan ko na yung isang piece of wood na pwede mong ilagay to give it more flavor. Parang yung lasa eh wood ang ginamit mong pangluto. You can also buy this in a store, in liquid form, I think its called ‘liquid smoke’.

Isa pang tanong ke chef, kung me time ka sumagot, hehe.

Do you know how to make Kebabs? Nakatikim kasi ako ng Chicken, Beef and Lamb kebab sa isang office gathering naming. Ang lambot ng meat, lalo na yung chicken. Advantage lang nga nung nagluto, is that he’s Afghan. He won’t tell me how he made it so tender. Hindi po siya gumamit ng Saffron (kasi karaniwan sa kebab kulay dilaw dahil dito). Any input?

Thank you and I hope you try my marinade recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_bolan00 View Post
    the thing is my pork barbecues always come out good.
    knowing how lofty your standards are, i'm sure they do

Quote Originally Posted by CANARD2.0 View Post
    ^dude... you think i dont know? it is peanut sauce but it doesnt taste peanut-y. ok? because we cook the hell out of those peanuts with a lot of herbs and other ingredients including chili.
    Okay, CANARD2, you definitely know!

But whoah 'it is peanut sauce but it doesn't taste peanut-y'.....hello it has peanuts so it should taste like peanuts be it with loads of herbs or what have you.

Anyway, you sound like an 'authority' in cooking, should I say a 'pro'...where can we sample your good cooking?

Quote Originally Posted by greenlaser View Post
    Okay, CANARD2, you definitely know!

But whoah 'it is peanut sauce but it doesn't taste peanut-y'.....hello it has peanuts so it should taste like peanuts be it with loads of herbs or what have you.

Anyway, you sound like an 'authority' in cooking, should I say a 'pro'...where can we sample your good cooking?

yes... it has peanuts but its not peanut-y. besides, a satay does NOT have any peanuts in its marinade. it is marinated with sugar, turmeric, lemongrass and other herbs. only the sauce has peanuts with it but its not peanut-y at all.

you want to sample my food? go to the grand hyatt singapore (yes, singapore, and ive made tons of satay so i would know)... but i'll only be there until the end of the year. if you want to follow, you might want to check out cafe boulud in new york or the balsams grand resort in new hampshire... im still working on where i would like to go next.

i'll keep you posted ok?

^^ ganun pala *** satay hehe kala ko may curry sya lasang curry kasi kaya ayaw ko.... hehe

Best Barbecue Sauce Recipe Ever

Yummy.. just ate some barbecue for merienda here at the office.. i got to eat 3 sticks and yet im still craving for some more!!! Can u share with me some delicious barbecue recipes that I can try at home? im not a culinary guru u know.. c:

gusto ko din matuto gumawa ng barbecue sauce and marinate.... sana may mag share ng recipe.... at paano po ba nagiging malasa ang barbecue????

brown sugar
    Banana Catsup
    Tomato Catsup
    Soy sauce
    Garlic
    kalamansi
    pepper

hindi ko alam ang mga sukat marinate nyo na lang... dahil ako tinatanya ko lang....

^I have the same recipe as yours tapos dinadagdagan ko ng 2 glasses ng 7up yung barbq mix

I made this barbeque last Thursday... sad to say, hindi ko man lang natikman dahil naubos na bago pa ako natapos magluto.

Ingredients:
    1 kilo pork shoulder or tenderloin cut
    ½ c sprite or 7-up
    ½ c tomato juice or 1/4 c tomato sauce
    ¼ c refined sugar
    ¼ c soy sauce
    1 T hot sauce
    1 T salt
    1 t ground black pepper
    1 T chopped garlic

Marinate the pork overnight in the fridge.
    Mix 1 cup marinade, ¼ cup catsup, 2 tbsp oil or butter to baste the meat while cooking.

thank you po sa mga recipe try ko po yan sa sunday.... ask ko lang po ulit ano po masarap na sawsawan sa bbq?

rubber_ducky : oopps sorry nakalimutan kong isama yung 7up or sprite ......

Add a teaspoon of instant coffee to the marinade.

Oo nga pala. Don't throw away the mix. Habang niluluto niyo yung barbq ay ipahid nyo yung mix evenly on each side ng barbq. Wala masyadong tapon and then masarap pa lalo kalalabasan ng luto

the bugs - nung tinuro sa akin ng ermats ko about the 7up eh mas sumarap timpla ng barbq ko. Bihira ko lang gamitin yung Sprite

up ko lang!

musta na ang mga barbecues nyo?

any new discoveries you would like to share?

16. Advertisement

Clara ole masarap din

Sa akin ang ginagamit ko eh yung hunts barbeque sauce sarap talaga

Calling CANARD2.0!!!!! and everyone else....Help please!!!

I finally had the time to make pork barbecue last weekend. Here's what I did...

1 kilo liempo
    1 cup 7up
    2 cups brown sugar
    1/2 cup pineapple juice
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    2 cups UFC banana catsup
    1 head garlic
    1/2 tsp pepper

for basting, the following were added to about 1 cup of the marinade:
    1/2 cup UFC banana catsup
    2 tbsp. canola oil
    I simmered the mixture until it boiled para luto na yung sauce

marinated overnight...

nung niluto.....sabi nila......lasang TOCINO!!!!! Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

What did I do wrong? Your comments and inputs please....

thanks!

1 kilo liempo
    1 cup 7up
    2 cups brown sugar
    1/2 cup pineapple juice
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    2 cups UFC banana catsup
    1 head garlic
    1/2 tsp pepper

2 tbsp. canola oil

marinated overnight...

thanks!

up up up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PjsGirl View Post

1 kilo liempo
    1 cup 7up
    2 cups brown sugar
    1/2 cup pineapple juice
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    2 cups UFC banana catsup
    1 head garlic
    1/2 tsp pepper

2 tbsp. canola oil

marinated overnight...

thanks!
    Hmmm mukhang okay naman yung recipe eh. Bakit kaya?

Hindi kaya yung

2 cups of brown sugar?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast