PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Ferrer Leads UST Past FEU

Kevin Ferrer nailed crucial triples in the game's final minutes to help the UST Growling Tigers escape the FEU Tamaraws 69-67.

read more

PHOTOS: ADMU Edges DLSU

Kiefer Ravena played like a man possessed in the 4th quarter to lead the ADMU Blue Eagles past the DLSU Green Archers 97-86.

read more

Top Celebrity Loveteams!

Check out which loveteams dropped and which ones came out on top this week!

read more

What's Wrong With the Green Archers?

After being penned the favorites of UAAP Season 77, the DLSU Green Archers are off to a slow opening in the season, now at 0-2.

read more

PROMO: Guardians of the Galaxy

Get a chance to movie passes to the special PinoyExchange 15th Anniversary Block Screening of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!

read more

PHOTOS: PLDT Repulses NU

The PLDT Turbo Boosters pulled away with a tough 25-16, 25-23, 24-26, 25-19 victory over the gritty NU Lady Bulldogs.

read more

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Exclamation How to make the best pork barbecue sauce/marinade [Merged]

my family loves pork barbecue but we don't seem to get the flavor, tenderness, and sauce right. we usually make use of soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, calamansi, salt, and pepper for the marinade tapos yun na rin yung sauce, pero it usually ends up na maalat (lasang toyo) at matigas lalo na pag matagal nang naluto! kakahiya tuloy minsan sa bisita

just want to ask, pano ba gumawa ng perfect na marinade at barbecue sauce (yung pinapahid)? tsaka bakit matigas yung pork pag kami gumagawa samantalang pag binili mo, super lambot?

ideas will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

NAVY boy from Las Vegas
    7-up will do!

a simple marinate sauce of lemon and honey is superb..try it!

NAVY boy from Las Vegas
    dagdagan mo na rin pala ng dijon mustard

Quote Originally Posted by PjsGirl
    my family loves pork barbecue but we don't seem to get the flavor, tenderness, and sauce right. we usually make use of soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, calamansi, salt, and pepper for the marinade tapos yun na rin yung sauce, pero it usually ends up na maalat (lasang toyo) at matigas lalo na pag matagal nang naluto! kakahiya tuloy minsan sa bisita

just want to ask, pano ba gumawa ng perfect na marinade at barbecue sauce (yung pinapahid)? tsaka bakit matigas yung pork pag kami gumagawa samantalang pag binili mo, super lambot?

ideas will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

kung masyadong maalat at lasang toyo like you say... e di bawasan mo yung toyo.

maybe half a cup of soy sauce to 2 cups of banana ketchup and a half bottle/250ml of sprite (yung tirang half bottle pang inom habang nagba-barbecue). add some garlic, salt and pepper. add sugar and taste (make sure it tastes sweet rather than salty), the sugar will melt and caramelize during the cooking which will give you a better flavor and nice "tutong".

when you skewer your bbq... dont forget the FAT. if you want to be health concious then you shouldnt be eating bbq in th first place.

whatever item you cook, it WILL become dry and tough over time. cut the pork into strips and then pound it before you skewer. that will result in a more tender meat. another thing to make it tender is when you marinade it. put some baking soda into your marinade. HOWEVER, overcooking the bbq will still make it tough as all meats have their perfect "done-ness", well done and its tough.

para sa baste.... use the marinade + a little more ketchup + oil.

calamansi, for me, is optional. you can add it to the marinade but not too much.

^^I'm definitely trying your advice for pork barbecue Chef Canard.
    Now if the weather would just turn warm enough for a barbecue, I'm all set.

use high heat (merry red charcoal) but keep the fat and skin away from the hot part to avoid charring. it should take only a few turns on each side and a couple minutes. baste constantly. i suggest whole pieces (pork chops) so that you can position the fat away from the hottest part. if you use cubes on a stick, put the fatty parts near the handle part and that's what you keep away from the hot portion.

toughening happens when you use low heat and you grill it too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Burn
    ^^I'm definitely trying your advice for pork barbecue Chef Canard.
    Now if the weather would just turn warm enough for a barbecue, I'm all set.
    as an aside, chef canard is not just an expert cook. he can charm the stockings off the most jaded female diners in singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_bolan00
    use high heat (merry red charcoal) but keep the fat and skin away from the hot part to avoid charring. it should take only a few turns on each side and a couple minutes. baste constantly. i suggest whole pieces (pork chops) so that you can position the fat away from the hottest part. if you use cubes on a stick, put the fatty parts near the handle part and that's what you keep away from the hot portion.

toughening happens when you use low heat and you grill it too long.

the whole idea of barbecuing is making to maximize the flavor of the fat so why the hell would you keep the fat away from the heat? d-oh!

the only thing you have to do is cut the meat evenly and it cooks evenly. you are correct on the high heat (in some ways) but all that other "info" is completely made up.

why do they put the fat on the ends of the barbecue? no reason... it just looks "better" for them that way. but then if you look at it... it wont do anything for the meat. the fat wont drip sideways to the pieces of meat to keep it moist and give it flavor. it wont do anything but give you an icky cube of pure fat to chew on.

it has no purpose at the end of the stick. its bad enough that its there with no use... then you say keep it away from the hot part? seriously, you enjoy gnawing on a piece of fat? i wouldnt mind it if it was a bit charred actually... mas di ako mauumay doon.

if you want to have a real good, juicy barbecue, put small pieces of fat in between the meat. let it MELT there and you'll have something VERY sinful... but d@mn good.

and your crappy advice about basting it often. you only baste when you need, idiot. the purpose of a baste is to keep the meat moist rather than give it flavor (which is the job of the MARINADE). however, you dont baste often because the baste has sugar and other contents in it which will CHAR easily. ok? its not the fat but the baste that creates more of the charring.

when youve been barbecuing for quite some time and your grill gets dirty tapos baste ka ng baste... dyan mangi-ngitim ang barbecue mo. again, why? because the baste contains oil which will loosen the charred sediments on the grill and (if your fire is strong) attract the soot from the charcoal. kaya minsan maitim na yung barbecue mo pero sa loob poota hilaw pa.

and the CR@P about big pieces. a bigger piece will need a slower fire because it needs a longer time to cook, idiot! pag malakas ang apoy mo, sunog na ang labas hilaw pa ang loob. so to make it fast in commercial kitchens, we just char grill the surface of the meat on very high heat and then finish it in the oven. if not, it will take us a longer time on a slower heat to ensure that the meat is cooked thoroughly.

you say toughening happens when you use low heat... NO. toughening happens WHEN YOU PRETEND TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING BUT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE NO CLUE.

tsk tsk... poser. pose nga!!! hehehe

^^and your "aside"... sheeesh, get over it. magpakatotoo ka kasi baka may pumatol sayo.

so i learned a few new things from the master today. can't say i don't appreciate expert advice. the thing is my pork barbecues always come out good.

*****yBrAtTyMe
    i'll try che canard's marinade--i've a question though. which part is best for barbecues? kasim? pigue?

Wow, what a charmer @Canard is! You should have your own cooking show and give Bobby Flay a run for his money.

So A-R!

it's called an artist's pride.

Noted all your replies! Appreciated! Thanks!

the coolangot
    instead of calamansi use pineapple juice. o sabi nga nila, 7-up.

16. Advertisement

I tried 3 sister's barbeque kanina. sarap! I noticed that they either dip the bbq in the sauce before serving or they just put on top when your bbq is already in a serving paper plate. you think they cooked this sauce? was just thinking whether they actually cook the sauce well before serving it, coz if not...eeeewwwww! elk!

What do you think?

calamansi, soy sauce, garlic and catsup (banana preferably) and PEPPER!

thanks for the bbq recipe chef canard. i know this will be a BOMB!!!

balitaan ko kayo sa comments ng kakain nito.

tsaka chef, dahan-dahan lang ang pagtira kay bolano baka hindi na tumambay dito yan!!!

teka lang chef, pwede bang i-subtitute ang tomato catsup sa banana catsup?? ang layo kasi ng pinoy store dito sa amin eh. thanks.

actually tomato ketchup wont do the same job as the banana ketchup. magkaiba talaga lasa nyan e. pero if you really dont have, it'll do. just add some more sugar and salt. maasim kasi ang tomato ketchup...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast