NBA - Page 2 | NBA | PinoyExchange

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    ditto with nash 2nd

Okay, my bad, I'd like to change Magic at first and then Stockton at 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy_ram
    But you do know that Nash has no NBA title to show. Yet.

Thomas has two, plus an Finals MVP Award to boot. And Stock helped Utah reached the NBA Finals twice - giving the eventual champion Chicago Bulls fits.

Also, we have to consider career consistency. Thomas had been a producer since his rookie year, while Stock started to become an elite PG right in his third year in the league. On the other hand, it took Nash four full seasons before he finally became an everyday starting PG (in 2000-2001).
    Do you know that Stockton had Karl Malone? And both of them had no ring. And do you know that the WC Champion is not an NBA Champs.

And do you know that the season's MVP is the highest individual award in the NBA. And Nash got two MVP!!! What do you think?!?

How about this for Stock's resume?

NBA's all-time leader in assists (15,806) and in steals (3,265). That is a offense (assists) and defense (steals) for a pointguard. This achievement will be acknowledged until the next generation of NBA. Career consistency is a big exclamation point.

Selected as one of the "50 Greatest Players in NBA History". This is self explanatory.

Steve Nash is fantastic for 2 seasons, then what? The MVP award, as well all know, is only given by the 120+ effing media folks. Career consistency is a big question mark.

BANO S6 & S5 Champion galaxy_ram's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForce9
    Do you know that Stockton had Karl Malone? And both of them had no ring. And do you know that the WC Champion is not an NBA Champs.

And do you know that the season's MVP is the highest individual award in the NBA. And Nash got two MVP!!! What do you think?!?
    Nash had All-star teammates in Marion and Stoudemire two seasons ago, and they couldn't even advance to the Finals.

Everybody here knows that the RS MVP is the single biggest INDIVIDUAL award, that's a given. No need to be sarcastic about that. But Thomas has two NBA titles and a Finals MVP in his resume, while Stock has two finals appearances and tons of other hardware (not MVP, but being a 9-time assists leader and consistent member of the All-NBA and All-Defense teams ain't no easy feat either). And most importantly, these guys have career consistencies. This is something that Nash doesn't have yet - and it's just one of the reasons why I ranked him behind Magic and those two.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy_ram
    Nash had All-star teammates in Marion and Stoudemire two seasons ago, and they couldn't even advance to the Finals.

Everybody here knows that the RS MVP is the single biggest INDIVIDUAL award, that's a given. No need to be sarcastic about that. But Thomas has two NBA titles and a Finals MVP in his resume, while Stock has two finals appearances and tons of other hardware (not MVP, but being a 9-time assists leader and consistent member of the All-NBA and All-Defense teams ain't no easy feat either). And most importantly, these guys have career consistencies. This is something that Nash doesn't have yet - and it's just one of the reasons why I ranked him behind Magic and those two.

How About Karl Malone?!? We all know that Malone is the NBA's second all-time leading scorer. And this is the answer of the 9 time assist leader in the league.

I know that a championship ring is one of the top priority. But it does'nt that if you don't have a ring you will never be called a "Great Player" in the league.

Thomas is great!!! No Question about that!!! Thomas had a two rings and a finals MVP.

While Steve Nash had 2 MVP Awards!!!

great players are measured not only by the number of MVPs, but by their overall achievement as a player so here are my top 5:

1. Magic Johnson
    - 5 titles, 12 time All-Star, 3 time MVP, 3 time finals MVP
    - considered as the only player in history that can dominate All five positions
    2. Oscar Robertson
    - 1 title, 12 time All-Star, ROY, MVP
    - averaged a triple-double in his first 5 seasons (384 games, 1960-1965)
    3. Isiah Thomas
    - 2 titles, 12 time All-Star, finals MVP
    4. John Stockton
    - 10 time All-Star
    - All time leader in assist and steals with .515 shooting percentage
    5. Bob Cousy
    - 6 titles, 13 time All-Star, MVP
    - he won more championship than any other point guard.

where's Nash on my list? he's probably 7 or 8

Quote Originally Posted by Gide0n
    great players are measured not only by the number of MVPs, but by their overall achievement as a player.......
    Ditto and good list by the way!

Also don't forget the cirtumstances that each player they are in. Thomas did not get an MVP because of the company he's up against: Bird, Magic, Jordan, etc. Kidd could have gotten the MVP on the same year when they made the finals against the Lakers (I think Tim Duncan got that one, of which I totally disagree).

IMO, Nash 1st MVP season has a big question mark on it. Shaq should have received that honor.

Nash was placed in a situation where his game can flourish. An uptempo all out offensive system with no defense. And that will always be the knock against his game. His lack of defensive capability.

2nd Best PG of All time? Nah.

i like nash! i think he's one of the great PG's that you can find out there..but i will not put him ahead of Kidd and Stockton! on my list he's probably 7 or 8... Nash is a great shooter and he's a playmaker but he needs to know how to play DEFENSE!!!

Five Guys I know who is better than Nash:

Magic Johnson (5 NBA Titles, 1 NCAA Title), Oscar Robertson (2 titles and averaged in a triple-double for an entire season), Isiah Thomas, John Stockton, Jason Kidd.

And I know there are several more.

Guys, I think we forgot to bring up Gary Payton's name in this list.

How About Karl Malone?!? We all know that Malone is the NBA's second all-time leading scorer. And this is the answer of the 9 time assist leader in the league.
    Malone is one of the main reasons for sure, but not exactly the "answer" as you imply him to be. Stockton is a great player in his own right.

I know that a championship ring is one of the top priority. But it does'nt that if you don't have a ring you will never be called a "Great Player" in the league.
    And who said that Nash is NOT a great player? If you no longer have any point to speak of, then shut up. Don't resort to putting words in my mouth.

Thomas is great!!! No Question about that!!! Thomas had a two rings and a finals MVP.
    You said this yourself... yet you have Nash ranked ahead of him?

---

Anyway guys, here's my own list of top PG's.

1. Magic
    2. Oscar
    3. Isiah
    4. Stock
    5. Cousy
    6. Payton
    7. Kidd
    8. Nash*

* Could still move up if he continues to play particularly well in the next few seasons

By the thread title, akala ko may AIDS na din si Nash

Quote Originally Posted by last.dodo.bird
    Oo nga ano.

Bwahahahaha.

Other names we forgot to include: Walt Frazier, Tiny Archibald, Tim Haradaway.

I think the only reason why some people here consider Payton better than Kidd is because the former recently won his 1st title. Am I right?

But still Kidd over Payton.

I hope Kidd finally wins a title, he definitely deserves one.

Kaya Go NJ NETS!!!

USTE LO MEJOR!
    VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

I believe Kidd is better than Payton. Payton may be a better scorer and defender but Kidd manages the team offense better and is also a better rebounder.

LOLZ!!! Pwede!!!
    Wala kasi akong ma isip nag title eh!!!
    Peace!!!

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last