I was lucky enough to have ridden the HK, Singapore & SK LRT systems at least once during the late 90s, & basically my observations are:
* The HK & Singapore Trains & Stations by far look more impressive than the SK systems. They look newer, & more modern. I would say the SK & Philippine systems are more similar in terms of modernity and atmosphere.
* I can't recall any of the 3 systems to be crowded at all when I rode there. They just seem easier to ride on than the ones we have.
* Its true about those "Octopus" cards, they look impressive back them. You don't even need to insert the cards into slots. They work thru using proximity transmission, meaning, you only need to place it near the sensor for it to be read.
- Also, these cards can be put in wallet, or bag, & the sensor would still be able to read the cards.
- Plus, the bus & train systems are integrated, meaning you can use the same card on the trains, or buses.
Take note, these observations are at least 6 years old already.