PEx Highlights

REVIEW: Horrible Bosses 2

Horrible Bosses 2 carried its hilarity from the first movie and showed good comedic chemistry of its three lead actors.

read more

Show Me Your EDM Teeths!

In this week's episode of SMYT, Chelsey and Merly poke fun at artistas who may have gone too far by releasing albums to boost their careers.

read more

PROMO: Past Tense

Join the promo and get a chance to win block screening tickets to Past Tense!

read more

PHOTOS: Paul Lee Saves the Day for RoS

Paul Lee nailed a crucial three-pointer plus two pressure packed free throws to lead his team to victory over the NLEX Road Warriors, 95-93.

read more

REVIEW: Penguins of Madagascar

Our adult/kiddie review is back! This time, Jollo and Aidan share their thoughts on the sly and slick Penguins of Madagascar.

read more

PHOTOS: Beermen Blasts Batang Pier

The San Miguel Beermen put on a demolition job against the GlobalPort Batang Pier, winning by a huge margin, 95-69.

read more

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast

UP ITTC- Feedback

to anyone studying here, what is your feedback with the way they teach, their technology, culture, etc? anything related to upittc please. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cvgt2
    to anyone studying here,
    I am
    what is your feedback with the way they teach,
    modular courses (2 hours to 2 weeks)
    60% passing grade
    instructors from UP and industry
    exams and machine problems
    fast paced ( how fast? ... you'll find out )
    their technology,
    lots of new stuff, second year of existence pa lang kasi
    see the facilities for yourself na lang
    culture
    ?

'di ko alam kung paano sagutin
    , etc? anything related to upittc please. thanks!
    mostly funded by JICA
    last year's grads got good jobs
    my seatmate, an SLU ECE grad, got a zero out of thirty points on a test last week
    about a dozen out of 75 students passed last week's finals
    Japanese class is starting to piss me off.

wow, sounds a hard life! but i like the sound of the challenge! how is upittc compared to other IT schools?

last year's grads got good jobs.... what companies do they work for and what positions?

ey guys! how about the short courses they are offering? because i'm planning to to take oracle or vb.net.

Napansin ko lang they are cheaper compared to Meralco foundation and mas konti *** oras? don't you think that the lessons here are more advanced and fast-paced, baka mahirapan akong mag cope up.

Any suggestions? Pls help...

is this a good place to be if you're planning to shift from a non-IT field?

any comments on short programming courses in UPITTC?

any comments on short programming courses in UPITTC?

is it worth a try?

i am not a computer graduate, and i do not have any knowledge or experience in programming but would it change my life if i'll try to enroll even a short programming course in upittc?

IT is IN and i really wanted a career in IT industry. so, would there be any chance for me to shift in an IT career? would i be hired by an IT company even my knowledge with programming are limited once I've finished, lets say at least 2 programming courses in UPITTC.

there is this one year program from them but I can't give up my work so i decided to just enroll in the short programming course.

Are you going to enroll in their 1-year Certificate in Information Technology program? If yes, then that would make you marketable. Perhaps, you would become more marketable with this certificate than being a mere graduate of BS Computer Science. And, yes, the department has a career information office where you can seek for employment assistance. Their pool of recruiters is vast and it even includes some bluechip companies in Japan, China, HK, Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia. The bulk of their graduates though, from what i've heard, have successfully sought employment in Japan. After all, the UP ITTC is a P250 million Japanese funded program.

If you think you cannot afford their very high tuition, which is P80k per year, you can always apply for a scholarship. About half of their students are receiving some form of financial assistance. A number of them are even receiving monthly stipend. And I heard many more slots are alloted to deserving students than the number of students applying for the assistance in each year, which, BTW, is good for your case.

I suggest you give it a try. Apply now and just worry later or after you receive an offer.

Good luck!

Helpful links:
    http://ittc.up.edu.ph/index.html
    http://ittc.up.edu.ph/courses.html
    Last edited by ozzakii; Oct 5, 2007 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzakii View Post
    Are you going to enroll in their 1-year Certificate in Information Technology program? If yes, then that would make you marketable. Perhaps, you would become more marketable with this certificate than being a mere graduate of BS Computer Science. And, yes, the department has a career information office where you can seek for employment assistance. Their pool of recruiters is vast and it even includes some bluechip companies in Japan, China, HK, Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia. The bulk of their graduates though, from what i've heard, have successfully sought employment in Japan. After all, the UP ITTC is a P250 million Japanese funded program.

If you think you cannot afford their very high tuition, which is P80k per year, you can always apply for a scholarship. About half of their students are receiving some form of financial assistance. A number of them are even receiving monthly stipend. And I heard many more slots are alloted to deserving students than the number of students applying for the assistance in each year, which, BTW, is good for your case.

I suggest you give it a try. Apply now and just worry later or after you receive an offer.

Good luck!

Helpful links:
    http://ittc.up.edu.ph/index.html
    http://ittc.up.edu.ph/courses.html
    unfortunately im only enrolling few short "in-demand" programming courses.

i cant give up my work and currently, im also finishing my MBA. so, would i still be marketable even my programming knowledge will be limited?

I don't think a certificate from UP would be more valuable than an MBA.

1-yr fulltime IT Professional Cert at UP

has anyone taken this course? can I take it even if I don't have any IT background? will I have a hard time during training if I don't know anything about IT now? how difficult is it to get a scholarship? are there career opportunities after? is it worth resigning from my call center job to study IT? dami tanong no? sobrang pinag-iisipan ko kasi 'to e, kasi risky. sa july pa application for scholarship. by that time e nakapagbayad na ko ng 24k tuition and nakapag-resign na ko. here's their website: ittc.up.edu.ph.

^ I think you need a Bachelor's degree somewhat related to IT (Com Sci, ECE, CoE).

well according sa site, graduate of any bachelor's degree, and from the subjects indicated, it looks like they are assuming students without IT experience, that's why basic programming such as c is included..

Smile just asking for help

hi, i don't mean to post an off topic message, anyway, i'm just desperate for some help. I'm trying to find the best school for an auto mechanic course, and when I mean "best" I mean one that has the proper certification, does anybody know which school i should go to? or does anybody know whether car dealers offer that? like toyota perhaps or honda? i would really appreciate any help. Thanks! God bless.

UP ITTC - Certificate in I.T.

mahirap po ba makapasaok dito? meron silang entrance exam and maintenance of grades.

program po ito for 4 year college graduates, tapos puro major I.T. subjects.

if ever po na matapos ko siya, can i say that i'm an alumnus of UP and a maroon?

idea lang po.salamat.
    Last edited by hardedge; Aug 3, 2008 at 12:22 AM.

I am a graduate of UP and UP-ITTC. And I would say the entrance exam was NOT that hard. Yes this is open for graduates of at least 4-year course but not necessarily IT related. The courses in ITTC not only focus on IT subjects alone although they comprise the core subjects, but you will also get to learn basic business skills. Nihongo is taught for 2 hours in the morning everyday. Most students have fun learning Nihongo especially if you are an anime-fanatic.

In regard to your question, UP-ITTC offers a one-year certificate in IT. It is not equivalent to a degree and is not part of the UP curriculum. Pero studying in UP grounds for one year, para ka na ring UP student nun. You will also get to use the library for free.

You should give it a try. Just like what I did. My stay in ITTC was definitely one of the most exciting times in my life. Para kang bumalik ng high school. Yung mga kaklase mo yun kasama mo for the whole year. You can build lasting friendships dito...

When it comes to academics, mejo challenging siya because of the very fast pace. You just have to focus. Mahirap mapag iwanan. Just study study study but dont expect to learn everything in one year. But I'm telling you, what you will learn in ITTC is more than enough to jumpstart a career in IT! You can PM me if you have queries.
    Last edited by byte_master; Aug 23, 2008 at 12:50 AM.

hardedge,

PM me for more details. UP college alumnus here. I'm also teaching every saturdays for ccna.

Question UPITTC short courses Feedbacks

Hi guys,

Feedback naman please sa experiences ninyo during the whole period of training.

Worth it ba in all aspects?
    What are the benefits of this versus self-study of a certain programming language. Meron certificate after the training di ba?

Your replies are very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    proudShy

The program runs for a year and you would need a hundred thousand pesos for the tuition fees alone.

I would say it would be a worthy investment if you like this course as the employment prospect for this program is quite high, as I've heard.

Well being an ITTC graduate masasabi kong worth it yung one-year training. Worth it yung pag resign ko sa dati kong work at isang taong pagiging mahirap. . Di hamak na mas malaki sahod ko ngayon at nag enjoy pa ako sa job ko. The same can be said dun sa mga taong ginapang din ang isang taon... Nasa japan lang naman yung iba samin pabalik balik nalang. Yung iba nasa mga American companies, enjoying their limpak limpak na salapi...

Kidding aside, UP ITTC greatly helped me para maging marketable ako at technically equipped. I learned a lot. Compared sa self study na nagconcentrate ka lang sa isang language or technology, yung ITTC training is geared toward flexibility na kahit anong language pa, kaya mong mag adjust. Tatlo yung specialization na pwdeng pag pilian: Network Systems, Applications Development at yung field ko, Embedded Systems. I entered UP ITTC kasi gusto kong magwork sa IT, although marunong na ako nun mag web design and some server side programming like PHP and database, parang kulang pa yung kaalaman ko. And it didn't disappoint me. State-of-the-art facilities, top notch instructors and training that exceeds expectations from a one year training. I eventually chose embedded systems. I realized calling ko yung low-level programming, algorithms and the like.

Majority samin may mga kanya kanyang trabaho na bago pumasok ng ITTC and all of them ay satisfied naman sa kung saan sila ngayon. Chance of failing is slim, yung pressure kasi parang high school, nakakahiyang bumagsak. Unless saksakan ka na nag tamad at wala kang pakialam or simply IT is not meant for you or you are not meant for IT! Several scholarships are available, or kung ayaw mong matali, pwde mo rin namang lambingin si parents or ate or kuya para sa tuition na 100K. Kaya mo namang kitain yan pagkatapos mo... Lalo na kapag napunta ka sa Sagot sa Kahirapan... Japan!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast