PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: 'Captain Hook' Too Much for Ginebra

Mac Cardona impressed in a vintage 'Captain Hook' performance, putting up 25 points and 6 rebounds to lead NLEX over Ginebra, 97-81.

read more

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Blows Out Kia

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters defeated Kia Sorento in a blowout, 117-88.

read more

Top Male Celebrities

Did Joshua Garcia keep his spot as PEx's Top Male Celeb? Find out here!

read more

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

You must register/login to view post content.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tom Welling Gay Lover of Brad Pitt....

....in a movie of Ang Lee that is sort of bible version of Brokeback mountain.

Looks like this is the big break Tom Welling is waiting for. But could it backlash? We'll see.

Tom Cruise, Ben Affleck Bested by Tom Welling for Gay Role
    By Jonathan Wheat
    Apr 1, 2006, 10:05

HOLLYWOOD - Tom Cruise, Ben Affleck, Clay Aiken, and other stars were bested by Smallville's Tom Welling for the chance of playing Brad Pitt's love interest in Oscar-winning director Ang Lee's new film, When David Met Jonathan. The biblical epic, which relies solely on texts from the Old Testament books of Samuel, chronicles David and Jonathan's story of passionate love, intrigue, and deception.

According to Mr. Lee, he came up with the idea for When David Met Jonathan when a theologian friend of his mentioned there was a male love story in the bible.

"At first I didn’t believe it, but there it was—the story of David and Jonathan. Everything I needed for the screenplay was right there in the books of Samuel. By utilizing the biblical texts, we saved a bundle on writers' salaries and avoided ego problems."

When Mr. Lee read the description of David as "a handsome, ruddy youth," he thought immediately of Brad Pitt. Fortunately, Mr. Pitt was searching for a role like this to expand his repertoire, and he could still fit into the costume he wore in Troy.

The chorus of "pick me, pick me" began when Mr. Lee announced an open casting call for the part of Jonathan.

Singer Clay Aiken was so desperate to land the role that he created a disturbance on a Southwest Airlines flight bound for Chattanooga, Tennessee.

"He wouldn’t put down his cell phone when I asked him to," reported flight attendant Juli Harris. "He had this really crazed look in his eyes and kept saying he had to reach his agent."

Mr. Aiken was restrained by an on-board air marshal, and the pilot made an emergancy landing in Knoxville, where Mr. Aiken was arrested for ***** slapping Ms. Harris repeatedly. As a result of Mr. Aiken's arrest, his performance at a Piggly Wiggly opening in Chattanooga was canceled.

When asked about the possibility of Mr. Aiken playing the role of Jonathan, Mr. Lee cited the 18th chapter of 1st Samuel where Jonathan strips nude in front of David and hands him his clothes. "I just don’t think the public is ready to see Mr. Aiken that way."

Mr. Lee heard from Tom Cruise' people the minute the casting call announcement had been made.

"I questioned whether Mr. Cruise would be willing to play this role because Scientology describes same-sex love as 'a most vicious reversal of the second dynamic,'" said Mr. Lee. "Apparently, Mr. Cruise had gotten permission from Katie Holmes to play the role, as long as he remained silent during the love scenes.”

Lee also revealed that he had been contacted by Ben Affleck about playing the role of Jonathan, "but only if Matt Damon could be David."

Mr. Affleck contacted Mr. Lee after learning that the screen test would involve a scene in which David and Jonathan fall on the ground, kiss, weep, and make a covenant with each other as depicted in the 20th chapter of 1st Samuel.

"I told him the part of David had already gone to Brad Pitt," said Mr. Lee. "Besides, people are tired of seeing Ben and Matt together."

Mr. Lee admitted that Tom Cruise had been the leading contender for the role of Jonathan until Smallville star, Tom Welling, auditioned for the part.

"He waltzed right up to Brad and just nailed it. He really blew Cruise right out of the water."

Mr. Lee says he is prepared for any backlash from the Christian right-wing community.

"I can understand their getting upset over a gay depiction of the American cowboy, but if they have a hard time with the theme of When David Met Jonathan, I'll just have to suggest that they don't mess with the literal meaning of the scriptures."

here we go agaiiiinnnnnnnnnnn!!!

more gay movies!!!

Definitely, this movie based on David and Jonathn of the Bible will be banned in the Philippines.

haha. satire po ito.

dapat gumawa sila ng US version ng "Jack en Jill" at "Ang Tatay Kong Nanay"

Beneath the towering pines kensamor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldZ
    "I questioned whether Mr. Cruise would be willing to play this role because Scientology describes same-sex love as 'a most vicious reversal of the second dynamic,'" said Mr. Lee. "Apparently, Mr. Cruise had gotten permission from Katie Holmes to play the role, as long as he remained silent during the love scenes.”
    Natawa ako dito...HAHAHAHA!

whoa... un *** ang nasabi ko... mas blasphemous ito sa tingin ng mga conservatives... pero, ako tiyak manonood ako if ever tlgang ishoshoot

never argue with an idiot.. pagan's Avatar
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

oh man, good one. i needed a good laugh. *still wiping tears of mirth from my eyes*

sui generis
    The person who wrote this must have a considerable amount of time on his hands. It was funny, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldZ
    ....in a movie of Ang Lee that is sort of bible version of Brokeback mountain.

Looks like this is the big break Tom Welling is waiting for. But could it backlash? We'll see.

Tom Cruise, Ben Affleck Bested by Tom Welling for Gay Role
    By Jonathan Wheat
    Apr 1, 2006, 10:05

HOLLYWOOD - Tom Cruise, Ben Affleck, Clay Aiken, and other stars were bested by Smallville's Tom Welling for the chance of playing Brad Pitt's love interest in Oscar-winning director Ang Lee's new film, When David Met Jonathan. "
    It's an April Fool's joke.

The first sentence has got to be the funniest line in this article - imagine Clay Aiken in the league of Tom Cruise and Ben Affleck.

yea.. was reading thru the article.. then began to looked at the date.. :LOL:
    Logically.....
    .... can't think Mr. Aiken would behave that way as well.... if that would have had happened.. entertainment tonight would be the first to pick this up. ...

old news

just an april fool's joke

Slay the Nincompoops

sumakit ang tiyan ko dun...

i need medical attention!

mentioning clay aiken gave it away.

Master of the Ring
    shhh... wag kayo maingay. may hindi naniniwala sa mga april fool's jokes.

ang late na nito. magju-july na.

this is funny!

More 2 d point
    Would be interesting to see Ben Affleck playing such a role though.

Is there an April Fool's Day counterprt in the Philippines? Or doesn't it look like that everyday seems to April Fool's Day?

At least in the U.S. they set aside a day for fooling around and not take everything seriously. Wonder how Pinoy celebrities will react if they are the subject of such tomfoolery.

"but only if Matt Damon could be David."

this one caught me by surprise. completely blindsiding me. hahahaha...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast