Soul-Searching in Singapore | Travel and Leisure | PinoyExchange

Page 1 of 307 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last
    Platinum PExER!

Soul-Searching in Singapore

I'm planning to go to Singapore by myself this coming October when the first semester ends. I need help and suggestions, guys.

Q's
    >Is Jetstar Airways, the well-advertised aircraft which flies to Singapore daily, a safe and a convenient aircraft despite its small size (I have apprehensions kc of riding this eh, Imagine 3 hours ang biyahe at mas maliit pa ang plane sa mga domestic ng PAL. Baka grabe naman ang turbulence.)
    >What are the key places to visit when one's in SG apart from Sentosa?
    >Can you name/"cite" me a hotel which offers a minimal charging fee for accommodation yet offers quality service (Basta 3-star to 4-star, hindi lang 5-star mahal na yun eh.)
    >How's Singapore's nightlife? What are the good and SAFE spots where you would enjoy a night-out despite of being alone and going solo?
    >Is Sentosa worth its ticket's price?
    >Are there any hospitals/doctors which offer reconstructive surgery in SG? I just have a part of my body which I do feel "improving".

>I have a budget of around 50,000 pesos.

Thanks. The title could be misleading. Hope someone would respond to this "humble" query.

^^^

I believe we have already our Singapore thread....

A's
    - The planes of JetStar Asia are A380s, probably one of the newest fleet in Asia.
    - You can go to Singapore Art Museum, EastCoast Parkway, Jurong Bird Park, you can get a map of Singapore for free as soon as you are in Changi Airport.
    - My advice is to stay at a backpacker's hostel. There's no such thing as cheap hotel.
    - Nightlife here is boring, and expensive, though they have the biggest Ministry of Sound club in the world, need to say more? Oh, everywhere is safe here.
    -some Singaporeans that I know say that Sentosa is one of the biggest scam here.
    -everything is expensive here, well, compared sa atin, so I suggest, do the "improvement" back home.
    -Your budget will depend on how long will you stay. I think it should be enough for a 1-month stay, that is, kung sa hostels ka tutuloy.

Banned by Admin
    Singapore is not the best place to do your "soul-searching."

Go to Cambodia, Vietnam, Indonesia, or Thailand instead.

Soul-searching in Singapore. Hmmm, the alliteration, perhaps?

I also found soul-searching in Singapore a bit odd... just my opinion anyway...

Anyway, Jetstar has A320's. Small planes yes, but they're safe.

^^^^

same here.. i don't think you can do that in singapore...

by the way, if its soul searching you want? why not just go to some secluded islands in the philippines.....

Quote Originally Posted by TravelBug
    I also found soul-searching in Singapore a bit odd... just my opinion anyway...

Anyway, Jetstar has A320's. Small planes yes, but they're safe.

A new A320 planes is better than an old B 747... IMHO...

>Is Jetstar Airways, the well-advertised aircraft which flies to Singapore daily, a safe and a convenient aircraft despite its small size (I have apprehensions kc of riding this eh, Imagine 3 hours ang biyahe at mas maliit pa ang plane sa mga domestic ng PAL. Baka grabe naman ang turbulence.)

Don't worry, their plane isn't that small. Well, unless you're used to flying on 747's. The PAL flight I took 5 years ago to Singapore was also an A320 (or something similar). We encountered some turbulence on my flight back to Manila last Saturday, and it wasn't so bad. Unless you plan or sleeping through your flight or chatting up your seatmate, better bring a book or an mp3 player to entertain yourself. Or shell out SG$12 for their video on demand.

>What are the key places to visit when one's in SG apart from Sentosa?

Apart from the places SuPeR_MaN listed, you may also want to go to the Night Safari and the Singapore Zoo. Or take a one-hour ferry to Batam or Bintan Indonesia or a bus to Malaysia.

>How's Singapore's nightlife? What are the good and SAFE spots where you would enjoy a night-out despite of being alone and going solo?

Safe naman sa Singapore, even when you're out alone at night. I think there's a free concent every weekend at the Esplanade waterfront.

>Is Sentosa worth its ticket's price?

I guess it would depend on what you're expecting and what you enjoy doing. It's not overly exciting, but it's not totally boring either. The park admission is only SG$2. May mga attractions na free, merong may bayad. It's up to you to decide which ones you want to try.

>I have a budget of around 50,000 pesos.

That's a pretty big budget. How long do you intend to stay? Wait..included na dyan yung para sa surgery?

^^^^

cosmetic surgery is way cheaper in Bangkok......

Platinum PExER!
    Perhaps, that has something to do with the alliteration that's why I intend to do a title with a thread like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelty
    Thanks. The title could be misleading. Hope someone would respond to this "humble" query.
    ^

I guess some have overlooked this statement. That's all right.

Cosmetic surgery is way different with/from reconstructive surgery. It's not about enhancements or augmentations. Nor does our country offer something like it. Don't bother. I'll just surf the web for that question to be satisfied.

Thanks to all those who answered.

One last question, which is better: to arrange my flight/rest of the travel all alone or be affiliated with a travel agency?

And btw, if there's already an existing thread: just merge this w/ the original one. THANKS.

Platinum PExER!
    Quote Originally Posted by nina9702
    That's a pretty big budget. How long do you intend to stay? Wait..included na dyan yung para sa surgery?
    Hindi naman po ako sure if magpapasurgery talagah. Nagcacanvass pa lg poh. Wala kc duktor di2 sa Pinas na nag-ooffer nito.

Thanks tlguh sa answer (kahit na paulit.ulit na po ang pag-tha-thank you q)... It would be of great help!!!

youll appreciate manila for the affordable food we have. in singapore we asked for vinegar they wont give it for free insted we got %^$#%^.
    its a safe place to walk at anytime. we walked at the east cost bay without any problems. dont spend too much of your time in orchard rd like we did go to sentosa. hotels in bencoolen rd are quite affordable just prepare your $$$. its usd1= sin1.6. taxis charge a late night fee its sin10-15 if im not mistaken.
    western food is x2 of manila price.

^^^

no. hindi 10-15 ang flag down rate ng Singapore Taxi... same pa din yung flag down but they charge you a couple of dollars more, kung gabi na...

Platinum PExER!
    Post ko lg question ko ulit hah:One last question, which is better: to arrange my flight/rest of the travel all alone or be affiliated with a travel agency?

What kahit vinegar hindi libre? Ano ba naman yan?

Circa, thanks for the add'l infos and advice. Heed to them when my trip'll push through in the future.

I'd do everything on my own because it gives me more flexibility. Booking through an agent would be hassle free though.

^^^

same here. I make DIY Itinerary before going places...

lovelty: Is this what you're looking for? http://www.nuh.com.sg/ortho/ar.html

DIY Itinerary ako whenever I go to Singapore because I have a brother who lives there (Yay for free accomodation and loaded EZ-link fare card!)

tanong ko lang kung ano ang visa requirements nila sa singapore for a filipino citizen? kailangan pa ba ng visa? ilang days usually ang ibinibigay ng imigration nila to stay there sa mga fil citizens? what about american citizens? thanks in advance...

no need for visa.

yung social visit pass nila is usually for 30 days. minsan 14 kung wala silang tiwala sa iyo... hehehe basta show them your return ticket ok na...

Platinum PExER!
    Quote Originally Posted by nina9702
    lovelty: Is this what you're looking for? http://www.nuh.com.sg/ortho/ar.html

DIY Itinerary ako whenever I go to Singapore because I have a brother who lives there (Yay for free accomodation and loaded EZ-link fare card!)
    Sort of po. Thanks sa link, hah. Makakatulong talagah ito!

Page 1 of 307 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last