Here are some reviews of the Best and Worst ISPs in the country.
*some info may not be 100% accurate
**The following feedbacks are opinions based on read facts
1.PLDT DSL My Review Grade: 60%
Installation fee: 500Pesos
999Php @ 384KBPS
1995Php @ 768KBPS
3000Php @ 2MBPS
5000Php @ 5MBPS
- The DSL Pioneer in the Philippines. Has always been the first to come up with new technology with DSL.
- Can be reliable if you subscribe for the the very high priced business plans as they usually prioritize huge clients.
- Most ISPs connect through the PLDT internet backbone.
- Has some satisified subscribers
- The worst customer service in the nation. They have the widest number of customers but they wont ramp up on the number of tech support representatives. Calling their hotline takes a minimum of 1 hour and can take more waiting time. In most cases they dont solve the issue on 1st contact.
- Home service request can take weeks and in most cases you have to follow-up with many 1-hour-wait calls.
- The number of UNSATISIFIED customer greatly outnumbers satisfied cusomters in terms of service.
- The speed has been capped at 55% slower of the subscribed speed for hundreds of customers the last 2 months..w/o giving customers any form of public advisories and any automatic rebates.
- Random disconnections and un-announced downtimes.
- You will have to go to thier office if wish to apply ( Has a long wait line)
- The company keeps on accepting new subscribers even though most technicians admit that they dont have the capacity anymore w/c results to downgraded performance for most older customers.
- The 3000 Termination fee will make your regrets very painful and for some gets them stuck with crappy service for a year.
2. GLOBE DSL My Grade: 85%
Installation fee: 2000Php
P 995 384 kbps (for GENTxT Members)*GenTxt membership is 50php
P 1495 384 kbps
P 1995 768 kbps
P 2995 2 MB
- Some can tweak the speed of the bandwidth to make it faster.
- Has better customer service than PLDT.
- More stable connection compared to PLDT.
- More number of Satisified customers compared to unsatisified customers.
- Expensive installation fee.
- Sometimes speed can go bad.
- although customer service is reachable some agents are not very technically proficient.
3. SKY DSL My Grade: 90%
Pay P1,999.00 for non-BayanTel landline subscriber
Pay P499.00 for existing BayanTel landline subscriber
P 899 256 kbps (Becomes 512 KBPS at 10PM-10AM)
P 1699 512 kbps (Becomes 768 KBPS at 10PM-10AM)
P 2699 1.5 Mbps (Becomes 2 MBPS at 10PM-10AM)
**All plans come with free WiFi access to SKYDSL wifi hotspots around the nation. Promo till July 26, 2006
- Speed on demand promo increases the speed on off-peak hours.
- Money back guarantee for every 24 hour that you lose your connection you get a 500 rebate automatically off your bill. Which means that if they dont get your connection back in a span of 2 days, you basically get free month bill.
- Stable connection with occasional but advised maintenance downtimes.
- Better tech support than PLDT and GLobe.
- Some downtimes can reach several hours but this is very rare
- Installation fee will cost a lot since they have to phoneline for DSL.
- No services yet in the makati area and some areas.
- Has a termination fee
4. ZPDEE CABLE My Grade: 95% (AUTHORS CHOICE) "Although im still stuck with PLDT"
Installation Fee: 1000 PHp
free 1 MONTH (so its almost like Free installation since your 1st month is free)
P 690 64 KBPS
P 890 128 KBPS
P 999 384 KBPS
P 1999 768 KBPS
P 2999 1 MBPS
15% discount on your monthly Skycable Gold/SkyCable Silver bill
2 Free additional IP addresses
- Very reliable connection (not 100% but its the most reliable in the nation)
- The house service request is so fast that sometimes they arrive on the same day or right the next day. (kala mo excited daw un mga repairman)
- 15% DISCOUNT on your SKYCABLE GOLD bill!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 1 Month Free so basically its like no installation fee at all.
- No costly termination fee so feel free to try it w/o risks and worry.
- Cable Means speed can reach higher speeds during off peak hours.
- Cable means speed can be a tad slower than expected on heavy peak hours. but still very considerable.
5. MY DESTINY CABLE My Grade: 90%
Installation Fee: Php 2000+ Deposit which is reclaimable after 1 year *yata
Plan: P999 @ 512Kbps
- The cheapest plan found on a 512kbps plan.
- You can text their customer service hotline.
- Most users average 700KBPS and reach 1 mbps on a plan 999
- Recently bought by Samsung (not sure) so better management now.
- Wont disconnect your servce up to 2-3 months if havent paid the bill yet.
- The 2500 Deposit for 8 months w/c is reclaimable after 8 months.
- speed can go slow but no for long.
- A little bit less reliable compared to its competitor ZPDEE.
- Tech support can sometimes be hard to reach but not always.
6. SMART BRO (wifi) My Grade: 60%
installation fee of P1,000.00
- Can provide service on hard to reach areas.
- some subscribers are satisified.
-Thousands of customers are ranting and regretting they had SMART Bro installed.
- Usually Slower speeds than advertised.
- New technology which means it hasnt been polished yet. Still a lot of flaws.
- Reachable customer service but not dependable.
- If you dont like PLDT, then this is basically the same internet backbone.