PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Blows Out Kia

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters defeated Kia Sorento in a blowout, 117-88.

read more

FEATURE: Expectations for Gilas 3.0

With Chot Reyes out of the picture and the Gilas program 'under review', JPM ponders on the possibilities that may happen in the new Gilas.

read more

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

PHOTOS: 'Captain Hook' Too Much for Ginebra

Mac Cardona impressed in a vintage 'Captain Hook' performance, putting up 25 points and 6 rebounds to lead NLEX over Ginebra, 97-81.

read more

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1820
  1. #1001
    Banned by Admin
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oblivion/Fresnel Z
    paluwagan = contest of who has the widest *toot*?



    How about weekly mutual fund?


  2. #1002
    Slumdog Billionaire akosilester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Mayon Volcano
    ^eh paano kung tuwing makalawa ang suwelduhan?


    ang "anuman" ba ay "anything" ?

  3. #1003
    Banned by Admin
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oblivion/Fresnel Z
    ^^ Maaari. Depene siguro sa konteksto.

  4. #1004
    Quote Originally Posted by la_flash View Post
    paluwagan = contest of who has the widest *toot*?



    How about weekly mutual fund?

    Ahahaha.

  5. #1005
    Member OPN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    la islas filipinas
    Quote Originally Posted by la_flash View Post
    paluwagan = contest of who has the widest *toot*?



    How about weekly mutual fund?
    Ano po ba ang paluwagan? If it is what I think it is, sa Bisaya we call it "dawat-dawat" and in english its sinking fund (the regular folks or the ordinary man on the street's version of the "sinking fund" concept in big business because money is pooled).

    EDITED TO ADD when I back read and saw the original post from akosilester:

    Quote Originally Posted by akosilester View Post
    tsaka may English term ba para sa "paluwagan"?
    yung money-pooling ng isang grupo, tapos may susuweldo weekly...

    I think it's "sinking fund".

  6. #1006

  7. #1007
    walang anuman-no big deal?

  8. #1008
    Sissie DaToic starczamora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Not today, Satan!
    Quote Originally Posted by akosilester View Post
    tsaka may English term ba para sa "paluwagan"?
    yung money-pooling ng isang grupo, tapos may susuweldo weekly...
    There is no official English translation for paluwagan, but there are coined terms such as "savings group," "group mutual fund," "savings and loans association," and "solidarity bank."

  9. #1009
    Quote Originally Posted by akosilester View Post
    ^wala bang verbatim translation? hehe

    kasi parang di naman sakto ang "no problem"
    It's one of the many ways of interpreting it, whatever, no sweat Ace/Holmes, don't mention it, you're welcome. anytime friend, or no worries!

  10. #1010
    Quote Originally Posted by starczamora View Post
    There is no official English translation for paluwagan, but there are coined terms such as "savings group," "group mutual fund," "savings and loans association," and "solidarity bank."
    You pretty much cover the def!

  11. #1011
    Pluwagan- can be define as pooling money together by a group of co-employees where in @ pay time one gets the pot & the next pay day another one of the group gets it this time so on in a cycle......walang anuman if w/ my mexican crew we'll say De Nada wey! If address towards yours truly instead of wey they say CHINO....

  12. #1012
    Slumdog Billionaire akosilester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Mayon Volcano
    Quote Originally Posted by OPN View Post
    Ano po ba ang paluwagan? If it is what I think it is, sa Bisaya we call it "dawat-dawat" and in english its sinking fund (the regular folks or the ordinary man on the street's version of the "sinking fund" concept in big business because money is pooled).

    EDITED TO ADD when I back read and saw the original post from akosilester:




    I think it's "sinking fund".
    hindi ba "palubugan" yan? sink eh

    ang corny



    ano naman ang English ng "amuyong" ?
    nakita ko lang sa pinto nung nadaanan kong computer rental shop

    "bawal ang amuyong"

  13. #1013
    Quote Originally Posted by akosilester View Post
    hindi ba "palubugan" yan? sink eh

    ang corny



    ano naman ang English ng "amuyong" ?
    nakita ko lang sa pinto nung nadaanan kong computer rental shop

    "bawal ang amuyong"
    freeloaders? Hehe.

  14. #1014
    e ang sayote??? sayote na gulay?

  15. #1015
    Quote Originally Posted by akosilester View Post
    hindi ba "palubugan" yan? sink eh

    ang corny



    ano naman ang English ng "amuyong" ?
    nakita ko lang sa pinto nung nadaanan kong computer rental shop

    "bawal ang amuyong"
    Loiterers as in "NO LOITERERS/LOITERING AROUND PREMISES" otherwise Smith & Wesson will get mad.

  16. #1016
    Quote Originally Posted by seven13 View Post
    e ang sayote??? sayote na gulay?
    same but the spelling may vary like chayote, chayotte, or by how we spell it, that's what I know.

  17. #1017
    Quote Originally Posted by tripkoyan View Post
    freeloaders? Hehe.
    I agree with that def. or peon as in your go to guy, or you can also say hangers on, smoochers, leeches like those of Rappers & such.

  18. #1018

    Sayote.

    Quote Originally Posted by seven13 View Post
    e ang sayote??? sayote na gulay?
    Sayote = choko

    -Just_JT
    Masarap.sa.tinolang.manok.

  19. #1019

    Amuyong.

    Quote Originally Posted by akosilester View Post
    ano naman ang English ng "amuyong" ?
    nakita ko lang sa pinto nung nadaanan kong computer rental shop

    "bawal ang amuyong"
    Amuyong = kibbitzers or onlookers.

    -Just_JT
    Originally.to.denote.chess.onlookers.

  20. #1020
    Slumdog Billionaire akosilester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Mayon Volcano
    Quote Originally Posted by NkmDed View Post
    Loiterers as in "NO LOITERERS/LOITERING AROUND PREMISES" otherwise Smith & Wesson will get mad.
    ang alam ko, mga tambay ang loiterers

    Quote Originally Posted by JUST_JT View Post
    Amuyong = kibbitzers or onlookers.

    -Just_JT
    Originally.to.denote.chess.onlookers.
    ah, mga amuyong pala tawag sa mga nakatanghod lang...

Page 51 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Advertisement

Hot Topics

NBA:

New York Knicks play the spoiler in LeBron James' Cleveland homecoming in 95-90 win.

New York Knicks play the spoiler in LeBron James' Cleveland homecoming in 95-90 win.

read more
MOVIES:

Heeeere's Johnny! What's the scariest horror movie for you? Share it here.

Heeeere's Johnny! What's the scariest horror movie for you? Share it here.

read more
CHIT CHAT:

Dito na me, where na you: Anong gusto mong nakasulat sa sarili mong epitaph?

Dito na me, where na you: Anong gusto mong nakasulat sa sarili mong epitaph?

read more
PBA:

'Captain Hook' Cardona puts on classic performance for NLEX in 97-81 blowout against Ginebra

'Captain Hook' Cardona puts on classic performance for NLEX in 97-81 blowout against Ginebra

read more
NMFtv:

Showbizbro is joined by JM of The Call Center Show & Tagalog-Speaking Aussie, Chris Urbano.

Showbizbro is joined by JM of The Call Center Show & Tagalog-Speaking Aussie, Chris Urbano.

read more