PEx Highlights

Show Me Your EDM Teeths!

In this week's episode of SMYT, Chelsey and Merly poke fun at artistas who may have gone too far by releasing albums to boost their careers.

read more

PHOTOS: Paul Lee Saves the Day for RoS

Paul Lee nailed a crucial three-pointer plus two pressure packed free throws to lead his team to victory over the NLEX Road Warriors, 95-93.

read more

REVIEW: Past Tense

Our reviewer thinks Past Tense is a step down from KimXi's previous outing, Bride for Rent. Read the full review here!

read more

PHOTOS: Purefoods Survive Kia Scare

After trailing for most of the game, Purefoods mounted a big fourth quarter-comeback to defeat Manny Pacquiao's Kia Sorento, 88-77.

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: The Second Edition

We were surprised at the interest generated by last week's special PBA feature on BasketBros. So we decided to put up a Part 2. Read it here!

read more

5 Biggest Impressions in UAAP Volleyball

An even better Alyssa Valdez, the struggling Lady Bulldogs and UST's wonderkid. Find out other big impressions in week 1 of UAAP Volleyball here!

read more

Page 1 of 28 1 2 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 547
  1. #1
    Viva España, viva el Rey
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Intramuros, Man

    Kung wala kami na mana Europeo, Arabo o Tsino walang civilizacion an mana Indio

    Sa mana hindi nakaka-quilala sa aquin ako ay si Teniente Valdez. Ako ay kaluluwa na naiwan dito sa Las Islas Filipinas noong ako ay nagsilbing oficial nan Honrada Guardia Civil. Ako ay nagsilbi sa Espana noong binigyan namin ng civilizacion an mana indios dito. Ako ay natatawa dahil kayo na mana Indios ay lumalabas pa rin an inyo na pagiging mga barbaro at tonto kahit kayo ay tinuruan na maging civilizado. Iba na istorya yun at puwede ko ipaliwanag yun pagkatapos nan akin na siesta.

    Basahin ninyo ito na artikulo na nagsasabi na an mana Indios ay wala na appellido bago dumating an mana Espanol. An mana Indio kasi ay wala na sistema nan pag-organisa! Wala rin sistema an mana Indio nan pagbibilang kahit sa Alfabetong Indio (alibata). Walang numero at mahirap gamitin ang Alfabetong Indio. Dapat ay magising kayo na mana Indios na kailangan ninyo nan tulong o matuto sa mana ibang lahi kung kayo ay gusto na umunlad. Tingnan ninyo an Malaysia. Sinabi ni Mahathir na an mana Indios doon ay kailangan matuto mula sa mana Tsino.

    Eto, kun wala kami na mana Kastila ay an mana Indio ay wala na mana Appellido, an bahay ay Kubo pa rin na linilipad nan mana bagyo, wala na relihiyon kundi mana anito, wala na mana doctor kundi mana Herbolario at marami pa ako na masasabi.

    http://www.philstar.com/philstar/LIF...0605083709.htm

    What’s in a surname?
    By Tingting Cojuangco
    The Philippine STAR 05/07/2006

    Narciso Claveria y Zaldua, governor and captain general in the Philippines from 1844 to 1849, had a great love for order, which explains why he promulgated a decree for the adoption of surnames for all Filipinos. In his travel to the different provinces, this native of Gerona, Spain noticed that the colonial Philippines’ native residents lacked individual surnames to distinguish families.

    Some indigenous surnames were Karunungan, Karamihan, and Kahabagan in Laguna, the Kapampangans were Makapagal, Gatpolintan, and Gatmaitan, and in Batangas the Dimayugas, Dimagibas, Dimatulac, and Dimalantas. Many had adopted the names of saints that resulted in the existence of thousands of individuals having the same surname.

    Claveria therefore issued a superior decree for Filipinos to take possession of surnames from a catalogue compiled by the Reverend Father Provincials of the religious orders that totaled five: the Jesuits, Franciscans, Agustinians, Dominicans and Recollects.

    The Jesuits were in charge of Surigao, Davao, and Cotabato. The Franciscans were in Laguna, Quezon, Aurora, Samar, Leyte, and portions of Bulacan. The Agustinians took charge of the provinces of Batangas, Pampanga, Iloilo, Cebu, Ilocos, Capiz, Antique, and Aklan. The Dominicans of Batanes, Cagayan, Pangasinan, Tarlac, Bataan, and Zambales, and the Recollects Bohol, Cavite, Siquijor, and Dumaguete. This book of names came to be known as Catalogo de Alfabetico de Apellidos. The surnames offered were plentiful – 60,638 – which gives you an idea of the population of the Philippines in 1849. For example, suggested surnames included Horada, Hore, Horeda, Horio, Horiona, Hormachigos, Hormaoche, Hormachea, Hormasedo, Hormes, Hormasada, Hormasuela, Hormigos, Hormigosa, Hormiguer, Hormiguera, Hormillas, Hormillada, Hormilleja, Horna, Hornachos, Hornacholos, Hornada, Hornedo, Hornija, Hornijas and thousands more. And that’s just under the letter "H." Even names of vegetables, such as Kamote, Calabasa, Balatong, Hebechuelas, Pichay, Malunggay, were taken, as well as mineral kingdoms like Bulawan, Guinto, Pilac, Tumbaga. Geographical names appropriated included Bukid, Bundoc, Gubat; in the arts, Cariñosa and Curacha. There were even fish, like Lapu-lapu, Bulik, Hito, Carajo, as well as other animals, like Pabo, Paca, Pato, Pajaro, and Utut (bad wind), that became family names. It is no wonder then that today there exists the family names Buquid (hill), Bocboc (powder beetle), and Taytay (bridge).

    There were towns wherein all the surnames of the residents began with the same letter. For example, according to Domingo Abella, former director of the National Archives, it was in the Bicol region in the provinces of Albay, Sorsogon, and Catanduanes that surnames starting with letter "A" were assigned at the provincial capital. The letters "B" and "C" marked the towns along the coast beyond Tabaco to Tiwi. In the province of Sorsogon, the letters "E" to "L" were assigned to families. Then starting down the Iraya Valley at Daraga was "M." The letter "S" went to Polangui and Libon. The alphabet made a quick tour around the island of Catanduanes. For example in Oas, the letter "R" is prevalent to this day: Roas, Reburianos and Rebajantes. This explanation is simple: in 1849, the provincial governor allocated to each town a number of pages from the Catalogo from "A" to "R."
    * * *
    The head of the province, the governor, sent the catalogue of names to the respective parish priests for distribution to the cabecerias (barangays) through the municipal officials and competent principales. Every town was assigned surnames of families. Each head of the family was present, be they the father or oldest person with his family members. They chose or were assigned a surname from the Catalogo and adopted it for their family and direct descendants. Children begotten by Spaniards and those of Chinese origin who already had surnames were allowed to retain them and to continue using them for their descendants. As expected, this decree did not materialize in the Mindanao and Sulu areas. The reason was that Spanish colonial rule was never successful in Moroland.

    Once the listing of surnames had been accomplished, it was entered in the new registry and individuals could no longer change their surname. The punishment of changing surnames with malice would be no less than eight days in prison. The sentence was redeemable only if the accused paid a P3 fine.
    * * *
    How may one evaluate the overall impact of this decree? This decree produced the intended results, which was of establishing a nationwide accurate identification of the natives. It caused a tribute list from which revenues were expected from the natives for the Philippine government of Spain; it helped in the monitoring of native migration and travels; the administration of justice was made swifter; and the regulation of improper marriages between Spaniards and natives identified.

  2. #2
    Welcome back, man. It's been a while.

  3. #3
    Man!, I always thought GATMAITAN is a Chinese surname.

    Gah-Mai-Tan


    Like the ancestor of Cory Aquino - Co Kuan Co eventually became Cojuangco.


    ¿Klis A qui no?

  4. #4
    Wala ring apelyido si Queen Elizabeth at Queen Victoria.

    Ginaya nila si Datu Puti an Raha Lakandula

  5. #5
    Aba, eh talo sila ni Andrew E. Kahit isang letter lang, apelyido pa rin.

  6. #6
    Banned by Admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Metro_Manila
    But I thought it went like this:

    Those born near the church were named Cruz
    Those near the soldiers' barracks were named Reyes
    Those near the cemetary were named Santos?

  7. #7
    Teniente_Valdez isa ka pong hung-hang! Kung hinde dumating ang mga kastila at ibang lahi dito siguro, ay mas maunlad ang bansa namin ngayon. Maraming masamang ugali ang dinala ng mga dayuhan tulad nyo. Sinala-ula nyo ang aming lahi at kasarinlan. Sa inyo namin nakuha ang "ningas kugon", "utak talangka", "colonial mentality at ang hinde pagmahal sa sariling bayan.

    Teniente_Valdez, mawalang galang na sa iyo, pero isa lang masasabi ko sa iyo, P%t@ng-1n@ nyong mga dayuhan!

  8. #8
    Banned by Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Everybody's Mind
    ^Another overreacting Pinoy.

    I love Teniente_Valdez's aphorisms.

    !Bienvenido, qué bueno que regresaste, señor!


  9. Advertisement

  10. #9
    Viva España, viva el Rey
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Intramuros, Man
    Bueno, may isa na Indio dito na nagsasabi na an mana dayuhan daw an a nagdala nan utak talangaka, katamaran, ningas kugon at kung ano ano pa. Atin na suriin. Bago dumating kami na mana Espanol ay an mana Indio ay watak watak na. Wala na pagmamahal sa sarili din. Walang Las Islas Filipinas kung wala kami na mana Espanol kundi tribo-tribo na nagpapatayan. At bakit noong bago dumating an mana Espanol ay an mana Indio ay wala na mana Teknolohiya upang kami ay labanan? An mana bahay lang ay mana kubo at wala na sistema nan ORAS? Kaya nga madali na nasakop an mana Indio.

    Nasasalamin din ito sa mana panahon na ito. Madali pa rin na masakop an mana Indio. Tingnan ninyo, an konsepto ng Oras ay wala pa rin sa mana Indio. Kumpara sa mana Aleman, Amerikano o ibang lahi, an mana Indio ay palaging huli o sabi nga nan mana Amerikano "LATE for Appointments". Nagkaroon pa nga nan reputasyon na "Filipino Time" an mana Indio. Yan ay hindi dala nan mana dayuhan.

    Tama na an paninisi sa mana dayuhan. Hindi kayo uunlad niyan at habangpanahon malulugmok sa katontohan gaya nang inyong mga ninunong Indio na napakadaling masakop. Ngayon nga eh, kung pupunta sa Las Islas Filipinas ang lahat ng mga tangke, eroplano, barko at soldadong Hapones na katulad na katulad noong World War 2, masasakop pa rin ang Las Islas Filipinas dahil ang Las Islas Filipinas ngayon ay walang Tangke, Barko at Eroplano.

    Umuulit lang ang kasaysayan. Sa inyong ka-tontohan, an mana babaeng Indio noong World War 2 ay naging mga comfort women lang ng mga soldadong Hapones. Hindi ninyo sila naipagtanggol dahil wala kayong mana armas o pag-oorganisa. Ngayon naman, ganun pa rin ang nanyayari. An mana babae niyo na mismo ang lumalapit sa mana disiplinado at industriyalisadong mana Hapon sa pamamagitan ng pagiging Japayuki o GRO.

    Umuulit lang ang kasaysayan dahil kayo na mana Indio ay pinipili pa rin maging TONTO.

  11. #10
    isa lang masasabi ko

    Tama!

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Teniente_Valdez
    Bueno, may isa na Indio dito na nagsasabi na an mana dayuhan daw an a nagdala nan utak talangaka, katamaran, ningas kugon at kung ano ano pa. Atin na suriin. Bago dumating kami na mana Espanol ay an mana Indio ay watak watak na. Wala na pagmamahal sa sarili din. Walang Las Islas Filipinas kung wala kami na mana Espanol kundi tribo-tribo na nagpapatayan. At bakit noong bago dumating an mana Espanol ay an mana Indio ay wala na mana Teknolohiya upang kami ay labanan? An mana bahay lang ay mana kubo at wala na sistema nan ORAS? Kaya nga madali na nasakop an mana Indio.

    Nasasalamin din ito sa mana panahon na ito. Madali pa rin na masakop an mana Indio. Tingnan ninyo, an konsepto ng Oras ay wala pa rin sa mana Indio. Kumpara sa mana Aleman, Amerikano o ibang lahi, an mana Indio ay palaging huli o sabi nga nan mana Amerikano "LATE for Appointments". Nagkaroon pa nga nan reputasyon na "Filipino Time" an mana Indio. Yan ay hindi dala nan mana dayuhan.

    Tama na an paninisi sa mana dayuhan. Hindi kayo uunlad niyan at habangpanahon malulugmok sa katontohan gaya nang inyong mga ninunong Indio na napakadaling masakop. Ngayon nga eh, kung pupunta sa Las Islas Filipinas ang lahat ng mga tangke, eroplano, barko at soldadong Hapones na katulad na katulad noong World War 2, masasakop pa rin ang Las Islas Filipinas dahil ang Las Islas Filipinas ngayon ay walang Tangke, Barko at Eroplano.

    Umuulit lang ang kasaysayan. Sa inyong ka-tontohan, an mana babaeng Indio noong World War 2 ay naging mga comfort women lang ng mga soldadong Hapones. Hindi ninyo sila naipagtanggol dahil wala kayong mana armas o pag-oorganisa. Ngayon naman, ganun pa rin ang nanyayari. An mana babae niyo na mismo ang lumalapit sa mana disiplinado at industriyalisadong mana Hapon sa pamamagitan ng pagiging Japayuki o GRO.

    Umuulit lang ang kasaysayan dahil kayo na mana Indio ay pinipili pa rin maging TONTO.
    Ikaw ang TONTO! Teniente ka pang naturingan, T@ng@! Hinde mo ba alam na ang mga Pinoy ay mga muslim noon bago dumating ang mga Kastila.

    Gung-gong! Kahit walang tangke, eroplano at bapor ang La Islas Filipinas, tutulungan naman kami ni Darna at Kaptain Barbel.
    Last edited by l0o00o1; May 9, 2006 at 07:38 AM.

  13. #12
    E kahit ang pangalang "Pilipinas" ay galing sa Espana.

    Our very identity as a political unit is a product of Spanish colonisation. And the unification of our disparate tribes is made legitimate by nothing more than this 400-year-old geo-political edict even to this day.



    Senor Teniente welcome back!

    -------------
    Visit www.*********************** for more views like this!
    http://www.***********************/images/chequer.gif

  14. #13
    Viva España, viva el Rey
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Intramuros, Man
    Quote Originally Posted by l0o00o1
    Ikaw ang TONTO! Teniente ka pang naturingan, T@ng@! Hinde mo ba alam na ang mga Pinoy ay mga muslim noon bago dumating ang mga Kastila.

    Gung-gong! Kahit walang tangke, eroplano at bapor ang La Islas Filipinas, tutulungan naman kami ni Darna at Kaptain Barbel.
    An mana Muslim ngayon ay ayaw na ituring ang sarili na Filipino di ba? Kahiya hiya naman kasi an mana Filipino. An mana Muslim ba ay sumasayaw ng otso-otso? Ka tontohan yun eh! Sila ay Moro at hindi Filipino ayon na rin sa kanila mismo. At sabi ko naman, kung wala na Arabo ay hindi na magkakaroon ng civilizasyon sa Las Islas Filipinas. Hindi ka nagbabasa. Indio de tonto talaga. Impertinente.

    At wala na masabi an mana Indio kundi kalokohan. Ano ang mana nagawa nang inyo na mana Darna o Captain Barbell noong dumating sila General Yamashita? Kasi kayo ay hanggang pantasya nalang. Harapin ninyo ang katotohanan at huwag mangarap o umasa sa mga superhero. Kayo mismong mga Indio ang dapat maging mga sarili ninyong hero. Sila General Yamashita at General Homma ay totoo. Totoong Tangke din at industriyalisasyon ang tatalo sa kanila gaya ng mga Amerikano na nagpapakatotoo lagi, Magpakatotoo kayo mana Indio at wag puro pantasya.

  15. #14
    sayaw ng muslim:

    MORO-MORO dance


  16. #15
    Actually Pinoys have the opposite of the Midas touch. Everything we touch turns ijnto a stinking pile of rubbish.

    Look at Manila now -- squalid, teeming, and smelly.

    Where do Pinoys hang out? In places built by descedants of our colonial masters -- Araneta and Ayala Centres, Baguio, Subic, etc. Intramuros is still a key centrepiece in the historical heritage of Manila, as is Dewy Blvd and noted Spanish-built churches.

    Rather than think that foreginers contributed to making the Philippines "bulok", we should look at ourselves and take stock of what it is that Indios have actually "built".

    -------------
    Visit www.*********************** for more views like this!

  17. #16
    viva espana!

  18. #17
    Viva España, viva el Rey
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Intramuros, Man
    Noon, ang Govierno na Espanol ay kakaunti lang ang mga Bureaucracia, mga Empleado, Soldado at Guardia Civil ngunit madaming naipatayong mga universidad na de kalidad at marami pang edificio gaya ng Intramuros. Ngayon, higit na maraming empleado ang Govierno nan mana Indio kahit kumpara sa populacion ngayon, pero mas Efficiente pa rin an Goviernong Espanol at Americano na magpalakad ng Las Islas Filipinas kaysa noong mga Indio na ang namuno.

  19. #18
    ^^^"I would rather have a Philippines run like hell by Filipinos than a Philippines run like heaven by foreigners."(MLQ)

  20. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by benign05
    Actually Pinoys have the opposite of the Midas touch. Everything we touch turns ijnto a stinking pile of rubbish.

    Look at Manila now -- squalid, teeming, and smelly.

    Where do Pinoys hang out? In places built by descedants of our colonial masters -- Araneta and Ayala Centres, Baguio, Subic, etc. Intramuros is still a key centrepiece in the historical heritage of Manila, as is Dewy Blvd and noted Spanish-built churches.

    Rather than think that foreginers contributed to making the Philippines "bulok", we should look at ourselves and take stock of what it is that Indios have actually "built".

    -------------
    Visit www.*********************** for more views like this!
    It would be best for you to migrate to another country like Spain or US. Being in the Philippines makes you a hypocrite and no better than the Pinoys which you refer as "Indio". You're like a clown trying not to be one.

  21. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by l0o00o1
    ^^^"I would rather have a Philippines run like hell by Filipinos than a Philippines run like heaven by foreigners."(MLQ)
    It is now being run like HELL. by the Filipinos.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Advertisement


Advertisement


Advertisement

Hot Topics

SHOWBIZ:

Be Careful With My Heart ends today! Share your favorite memories in this thread.

Be Careful With My Heart ends today! Share your favorite memories in this thread.

read more
LOCAL AND FOREIGN ISSUES:

Mayor Erap declares four-day holiday in Manila during Pope Francis' visit in the Philippines

Mayor Erap declares four-day holiday in Manila during Pope Francis' visit in the Philippines

read more
TV:

The Voice PH blind auditions continue this weekend! Join the ongoing discussion here.

The Voice PH blind auditions continue this weekend! Join the ongoing discussion here.

read more
UAAP:

Ateneo and La Salle pick up wins vs Adamson and NU to go 2-0

Ateneo and La Salle pick up wins vs Adamson and NU to go 2-0

read more
PBA:

Purefoods douse Kia's upset bid, 88-77

Purefoods douse Kia's upset bid, 88-77

read more
CALL CENTER:

What Christmas gift will you buy yourself this year?

What Christmas gift will you buy yourself this year?

read more
NMFtv:

Chieffy Caligdong reveals the real reason why he retired from the Philippine Azkals

Chieffy Caligdong reveals the real reason why he retired from the Philippine Azkals

read more

Advertisement