PEx Highlights

MOVIE REVIEW: The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner is a gripping and intense post-apocalyptic rollercoaster.

read more

Ben Affleck's toughest challenge in "Gone Girl"

From the bestsellers' shelves, "Gone Girl" reveals the real Mr. and Mrs. Dunne as they go through the motion of making their marriage work.

read more

PROMO: Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

Get a chance to win advance screening tickets to The Maze Runner!

read more

PHOTOS: NU Retains Cheerdance Championship

Got the Cheerdance Competition hangover? Relive the highlights from our photo gallery here!

read more

PHOTOS: Ateneo Stuns FEU with Comeback Win

The Ateneo Blue Eagles overcame a 19-point deficit in the fourth quarter against the FEU Tamaraws, securing a 68-64 victory and the top seed in the Final Four.

read more

Show Me Your One Big Teeths!

Virgie is absent but Merly has a special guest in this week's episode! Find out who it is in this week's Cheerdance edition of Show Me Your Teeths!

read more

View Poll Results: What is the best high school in the Philippines?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • The one I attended

105 49.53%
  • One I did not attend

107 50.47%
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast
    Los Angeles Lakers 24/7
    Gusto ko pumasok dun nung HS. Pero alang nangyari.

I do not know if there is a "best high school" in the Philippines. there are a lot of good ones.

My biased opinion:

For science high schools: PSHS. Almost everyone I met from this school is almost borderline genius. They send their graduates to the best schools both here and abroad.

For private schools: I.S. Nothing beats raising your kids in a multinational environment (especially in this very interdependent world), being taught by teachers with Phds's and a liberal/novel approach to teaching. it is a well known secret that they are a feeder school for Ivey leagues...problem is they are damn expensive and pretty much unaffordable to people below the A-class.

Pasig Catholic College

--- First School To Win The Battles Of The Brains

Banned by Admin
    ^^ Really? I thought it was MaSci.. oh wait... I think MaSci
    never won Battle of the Brains... or I could be wrong...

ako uprhs!

Manila Science High School is the best..... I was batch 2003 then pero kahit na wala kaming stipend and bulok ang mga facilities ay talaga namang inilalampaso namin ang Pisay.... We were even the top school in NSAT during our time. Talagang neck to neck ang labanan... And we do not have fundings ah! But still, students shine best when they are taken into the rough. Kung baga among the science high schools, Pisay lang talaga ang Kalevel namin. We were the first and those other science high schools are just copycats. And Quesci being the regional science high school? It is because we virtually DISSED it. Tinanggihan namin dahil during the Banta Years, we are preserving our curicullum kaya we do not want to be under the DOST. Kaya if they are bragging about it, sinalo lang nila ang inayawan namin. Still, Manila Science High School is the Best High School in the Philippines... Even without a strong funding from the government, we still outshone them all. :-)

i roared and i rampaged
    @la_flash Masci won the grand prize of Battle of the Brains during the batch of Patrick de Guzman

Banned by Admin
    ^^ what batch?

hmm para sakin NCBA

dun sa malapit sa fairview center mall

da best ^_^

astig facilities!!!!!

at naka aircon

ang fairview center mall

ang ncba

astig!

may malapit na kainan ng hamburger ^_^

for me the best high school in the Philippines is
    "PHILIPINE HIGH SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS" (PHSA)
    this is the counterpart of pisay, only,..yeah, more on arts..
    pupils from the entire archipelago converge in the slopes of Mt. Makiling in UPLB, Laguna, and spend the rest of their 4 years living in one of the "cottage"
    dormitories sprawled along the forest trees. The place is comonly known as the National Arts Center, desgined by the late National Artist for Architecture Leandro Locsin. Boasting of the magnificent view of the Laguna Bay, the school teaches you not the your usual high school curicculum, but more appropriately I say, about life. I thought of Hogwarts School of Magic & Wizardry as the more or less in similar picture - minus the formal uniforms and castle of course.
    and like PSHS,everything is provided for by the goverment. Allowances, food, transportation, tuition/fees and housing.
    yet, despite engaging in national search for new pupils, every year, the school's student body rarely exceeds 150, so chances are, you get tired of the same faces everyday for the next four years - if they don't get kicked out.
    Last edited by predo; Jul 5, 2006 at 06:54 AM.

i roared and i rampaged
    @ la flash
    He is batch 1999! his colleague Neil Tristan won the Battle of The Brains twice in a row

these elite highschools you talk about, do any of their top graduates choose ust for college?

why?

Quote Originally Posted by grapes_of_
    these elite highschools you talk about, do any of their top graduates choose ust for college?

why?
    my HS is not elitist, but elite in some sense (kasi mga rich *** tlaga ang can afford to enrol their children in an art classes,pro the school prioritizes poor kids), and I say its top-notch..
    In my case, (grad of Phil. High School for Arts (PHSA) major in Visual Arts)I chose UST because of their excellent architecture program..I could've entered UP Architecture if I liked (the late Dean Hondrado Hernandez was member of our school's Advicosry Council - and PHSA's Dean prior to his passing - plus I'm waitlisted in Architecture) No regrets, I'm enjoying the prime of my career as Design Architect here in Hongkong..
    my other classmates, they chose either Ateneo or UP...in 2001, the
    Nationwide UP System's Valedictorian was my classmate in HS..her course, though, is music, major in piano....
    btw, there were only 23 of us in our H.S. batch
    Last edited by predo; Jul 11, 2006 at 11:09 AM.

hehe.. puro science high schools ah... *** bang nde? i mean, exclude na naten yung mga science schools.. galing naman **** nila e..

16. Advertisement

I think it has to be not only good in acads but has strong sports program too...and of course diversified population, yun ang pinaka importante

Siyempre ang highschool na pinagaralan ni NINOY Aquino ang isa sa magaling na highschool sa Pilipinas.saan nga ba yun???????Go Red cubs!!!!!!

the walrus
    City of Mandaluyong Science High School

pamention lang. : )

Banned by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jeune_fille
    @ la flash
    He is batch 1999! his colleague Neil Tristan won the Battle of The Brains twice in a row

Oh I see... di na ako mag-cocomment kung nakalaban ko na siya
    o hindi sa mga quiz shows dati... mapaghahalata ang edad ko... :rotflmao;

Quote Originally Posted by grim_reaper1814 View Post
    yung school ko, hindi Science high school pero yung curriculum namin ay science oriented. 2 pa nga entrance exams namin para makapasok sa science class. may stipend din kami. siguro BCNHS ang best national high school sa buong pilipinas.
    What school?

-----

You are the Way the Truth and the Life
    We live by faith and not by sight for You
    We're living all for You

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast