PEx Highlights

REVIEW: Penguins of Madagascar

Our adult/kiddie review is back! This time, Jollo and Aidan share their thoughts on the sly and slick Penguins of Madagascar.

read more

PHOTOS: Paul Lee Saves the Day for RoS

Paul Lee nailed a crucial three-pointer plus two pressure packed free throws to lead his team to victory over the NLEX Road Warriors, 95-93.

read more

PHOTOS: Purefoods Survive Kia Scare

After trailing for most of the game, Purefoods mounted a big fourth quarter-comeback to defeat Manny Pacquiao's Kia Sorento, 88-77.

read more

5 Biggest Impressions in UAAP Volleyball

An even better Alyssa Valdez, the struggling Lady Bulldogs and UST's wonderkid. Find out other big impressions in week 1 of UAAP Volleyball here!

read more

REVIEW: Horrible Bosses 2

Horrible Bosses 2 carried its hilarity from the first movie and showed good comedic chemistry of its three lead actors.

read more

Show Me Your EDM Teeths!

In this week's episode of SMYT, Chelsey and Merly poke fun at artistas who may have gone too far by releasing albums to boost their careers.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gaano karami ang mga Filipino Jews sa Pilipinas?

meron bang silang synagogue dito?

As of 2005 the population of Jews in the Philippines stands at the very most 500 people. Other estimates range between 100 and 500 people (0.000001% and 0.000005% of the country's total population). Manila boasts the largest Jewish community, though even here it consists of around 40 families, give or take a few. There are of course other Jews elsewhere in the country, but these are obviously fewer and almost all transients, either diplomats or business envoys. Their existence is almost totally unknown in mainstream society. There are a few Israelis in Manila recruiting caregivers for Israel and a few other executives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_in_The_Philippines

Talking We should be thankful to have some jewish neighbors...

we have filipino-jew neighbors... they even have synagogue... they were among the more than 500 jewish people that were given shelter by our government during the 1930's or in early 1940's...

jewish are good citizens, law abiders, smart, courteous, business-minded, and very hard workers... so when u see one, please be proud and do not discriminate them...

i know that most of them did come back to israel since then in 1945, but consider ourselves lucky to have them lived here in the philippines... and better be let them grow and help our economy by establishing more businesses!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AnimoTeneo
    As of 2005 the population of Jews in the Philippines stands at the very most 500 people. Other estimates range between 100 and 500 people (0.000001% and 0.000005% of the country's total population). Manila boasts the largest Jewish community, though even here it consists of around 40 families, give or take a few. There are of course other Jews elsewhere in the country, but these are obviously fewer and almost all transients, either diplomats or business envoys. Their existence is almost totally unknown in mainstream society. There are a few Israelis in Manila recruiting caregivers for Israel and a few other executives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_in_The_Philippines
    wow! that site is very interesting for me... and very informative eh?

i never knew that there were some jewish people who came here in 16th century, but somehow in always thought about its possibilities because of the fact that we were colonized by spaniards which had possible jewish connections.... hmm thats more than i expected!

thanks for the links dude!

si uma khouny sa pinoy big brother... hindi ba israeli siya? jewish arab kaya siya?

si jen rosendahl ng viva hot babes, jew rin kaya yan? rosendahl eh.

If it weren't for Jews, America/Europe/Canada/Australia would still be barbaric cesspools. Everywhere Jews go they enrich the culture and intellectual level of the country. All the thanks they get are expulsions, pogroms, and attempted genocide. From Moses to Jesus to Einstein, Jews represent the cream of the crop of human artistic, philosophical, religious, economic, and cultural evolution.

Their used to be a "Star of David" symbol in Intramuros. I do not know much about it but here is a photo.

http://138.23.124.164/images/kmast2/geographic/asia/philippineislands/luzon/details/g8908.jpg

Beerhand Gets Big Pots GreatBop's Avatar
    "If it weren't for Jews, America/Europe/Canada/Australia would still be barbaric cesspools."

i dont know about europe and australia... but jews are a definite UBBER MINORITY in Canada and jews have done nothing to make Canada what it is.

just wanna correct you on that.

and some famous jews..

- Herschel Krustofsky (Krusty The Clown)
    - Zoidberg

9. Advertisement

They are an UBERMINORITY everywhere except Israel and some US cities.

Don't be so sure to underestimate their contributions to Canadian development. One thing's for sure, its highly likely that it is greater than your own personal contribution to Canada.

I just wanted to correct you on that

Quote Originally Posted by GreatBop
    "If it weren't for Jews, America/Europe/Canada/Australia would still be barbaric cesspools."

i dont know about europe and australia... but jews are a definite UBBER MINORITY in Canada and jews have done nothing to make Canada what it is.

just wanna correct you on that.

and some famous jews..

- Herschel Krustofsky (Krusty The Clown)
    - Zoidberg

i agree.

jewish-canadians have done remarkable contributions to canada's economy.

yah... jewish canadians sure did put their own stamp on canadian society.

canadian economy sure doesn't rely on natural resources (like logs) and exports to the states...

way to spew some facts without backing it up.

Nag papang-gap na jew yang praning na book-book nayan!

Sira ulo nanga gusto pang magpakadakila!

Jews did a lot for (to) America --- hehehe, controlled pa din ata nila.

If Alito will be confirmed, there will be 5? Catholics on the bench.

Sa Pinas maraming jews kaya lang hindi nila kini-claim lalo na sa Gobyerno. Mga "Jew"das Escariots. he..he..he..he.

Sa US they(liberal Jews) have significant control over Democrats. On the other side, (hawkish) Jews over Republicans.

las vegas is virtually and economically owned by the jews.

tanong lang, do you know of any well known filipino jews sa pinas or sa US?

Quote Originally Posted by booksale
    tanong lang, do you know of any well known filipino jews sa pinas or sa US?
    Rob Schneider? of SNL

Before the Japanese War, my father used to work in Escolta, his biggest suppliers were American-Jews owned textile,cigars..etc import/export, lots of businesses along that area were owned by Jews. The last time they met with some owners again was in Hawaii in the 70's. I'm not sure if there were a lot of Filipinos converted to Judaism during the American occupation.

*sabi ni Pinong - Durian Jus daw!

Quote Originally Posted by Dom
    las vegas is virtually and economically owned by the jews.
    "Hollywood is owned and run by the Jews"!

Thats what Marlon Brando said on Larry King Live many years ago and was later made to grovel and retract and apologize after an onslaught of Jewish condemnation.

So if you're ever in Vegas dude, watch what you say or you may get you're hiny tossed out of whichever (Jewish?) establishment you're visiting.

Rob Schneider does say that he's a Filipino Jew. pero i think it's more of a joke than anything else since his best friend sandler is one.

Schneider's not even in Sandler's Hannukah Song.

It's now Hannukah!!
    It's so fan-u- kkah!!

Rob Schneider does say that he's a Filipino Jew. pero i think it's more of a joke than anything else since his best friend sandler is one.

Schneider's not even in Sandler's Hannukah Song.

It's now Hannukah!!
    It's so fan-u- kkah!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast