The highest fan and issue threads will be posted weekly. Check out the gorgeous female celebrities that came out on top this week!read more
Fans just got a taste of what to expect this season. Here are the numbers that shaped the first week of UAAP volleyball action.read more
The DLSU Lady Spikers took a walk in the park as they dominated UST from start to finish with 25-8, 27-25, 25-13read more
Japeth Aguilar's trey and block saved the day as Barangay Ginebra escaped the Talk N Text Tropang Texters 97-95.read more
buhayin muli ang thread na toh.. hehehehe... mga kuya/ate na grad jan ng any IS major, asan na po kayo? Napakahirap po ba talagang maghanap ng job? share nyio po mga koya/ate.. ;D
The real world's tough, kid. I advise you to enjoy college first before you'll be thrown out to the battlefield.
^^ grabe hehe.. sa kakulangan ng opportunities ngayon sa Pilipinas ay talagang mahirap maghanap na related na trabaho.. Kailangan mag aral maigi.. haha
Para sa mga IS alumni, mayroon akong mga tanong tungkol sa OJT:
1. Saan pwede mag-OJT ang IS students? Practicum na ng batch namin next term at wala pa rin akong ideya kung saan ako tutungo.
2. Tutulungan ba kami ng department na maghanap, o bahala kami kung saang kumpanya kami pupunta? Sorry na lang ba kung wala kaming nahanap na kumpanya?
3. Kailangan ba talaga sobrang related sa IS yung papasukan namin?
4. Anong mga pinagawa sa inyo doon sa kumpanyang pinasukan nyo?
5. Anong araw kayo nag-oOJT? Pano ninyo naisabay yung ibang majors nyo sa practicum? 16.5 units kasi kami next term, natatakot ako baka makahadlang sila sa isa't isa. Sabay thesis pa. T_T
6. Mayroon ba kayong advice na mabibigay para sa amin?
1. Commonly DFA, European Chamber of Commerce, Amnesty International, Instituto Cervantes, the IS department etc. but if you managed to get in IOM, any Foreign NGO's or Embassies then lucky you. There's compensation with the latter choices and would look better in your resume, that is if you consider an IR track down the road.
2. Nope, to his/her own. I knew somebody from my batch who dropped his PRCISE1 because he wasn't able to find a company/embassy/gov't agency to apply to.
3. Ideally yes, but I know a few who had their OJT in San Miguel, AyalaLand etc. but it depends on the practicum coordinator. For some odd reason though, the IS department heavily discouraged us to work in any airline agency.
4. It depends on the item given to you, usually though it's purely admin work... and no, the higher ups don't order you to make coffee for them.
5. Majority of my batch took it during the summer term. Time management is the key. The good thing with your batch is that you have Fridays off, so use it. You'll only have to accomplished 100 hours of fruitless labor.
6. Just have fun. Don't pursue something you wouldn't be using down the road less travelled.
as for my case, nagpracticum ako during my last term in lasalle kaya konti lang ang units ko (kasama dun yung thesis 2). mwf ako sa dfa and all my classes were scheduled on th. i was mostly subjected to clerical tasks -filing, typing, photocopying, becoming a runner, etc. don't expect tasks that would entail an application of the things that you have learned from the program. it just doesn't work that way. it's just a practicum. your long-term career does not depend on it. just enjoy yourself.
How's Atty. Ver Madrona sa intllaw?
I'm thinking of shifting to AB ISE. Gaano po katagal yung external shifting process? Do I have to wait a term before I can go to that course?
And if I've already taken some of the floating subjects, sufficient pa ba yung units ko for that term, if ever I get accepted to ISE? ANDDD what are the first courses of AB ISE? Meron po ba kayo flowchart? Thaanks in advancee!
tanong ***... kng anung mas magandang may european studies na course... DLSU or ADMU???
depende.. pero may business track yung sa admu e..
IMHO papipillin ka between internation relations or business sa international studies nila, may thread akong ginawa dun, tignan mo eto http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/...d.php?t=355415
Great course! Kahit mahirap.
Iisa lang ang kakilala kong nasa field ng IR ngayon and she works as a secretary of an ambassador of a European country. Meron akong kakilala rin na foreign service exam passer pero hind siya grad sa Pinas. He went to the US and Europe and is fluent in French.
You WON'T get a good job in this field unless you are fluent in a foreign language AND has a higher degree of learning. This field deals with international relations kaya hindi puwede ang puwede na. Finish college, get an MA or a doctorate degree and be fluent in a language other than Filipino and English.
Para sa mga frosh na gusto magka-idea kung anong meron sa course na 'to, please click/download/listen to these links, lalo na ang first one.
If you want to work for international organizations such as Oxfam, I highly suggest you study sociology rin. I HIGHLY suggest you take a look at classified ads so you would know what requirements embassies and IOs are looking for. You will discover that a lot of them are looking for sociology grads for policy-making, etc. Very seldom ang IS.
Help naman for an incoming frosh
Sobrang challenged naman ako lalo na about dun sa prof. Robles na yan ) Sorry i mean Dr. Dr. Dr. Robles )
Me too, may tips b kayo about dr. Robles? There's convocation kanina, and one of our speaker told us n it took him 5 terms just to pass dr. Robles' intlaw.
Nakita ko 'to sa Classifieds section ng PDI. Isa 'to sa mga career opportunities na puwede sa mga grad ng IS [sa diyaryo nakasulat na grad ng international studies] pero dapat may business background [LIA-COM ]. Sa diyaryo, nakasulat din na fluency in a foreign language is a plus [pero you won't be fluent in a foreign language while studying this course at DLSU].