PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 7

With wins over UST and DLSU, the past week in UAAP can be summed up in three letters: FEU. Check out this week's power rankings here!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter!

Catch our latest updates on Twitter! Follow us, @pinoyexchange

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Tamaraws Claim Top Seed

Mike Tolomia's late-game heroics helped FEU get sole possession of the number 1 seed, after a 74-70 victory over La Salle.

read more

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast
    Hello. You visit naman my community of fisherfolks sa Camiguin. They have a good beach and meron silang maraming giant clams. Meron silang training center for visitors to sleep in. 50 pesos lang ata ang bayad. The serve sumptous meals. The peoples organization is in Sitio Kibela, Cantaan, Camiguin. Look for Alona Cordero. Siya ang chairperson ng org. Tell them I referred you guys. PM mo ko so i can give you my full name.

Their place is serene, remote and White sand pa. Masarap ding makipag interact sa community. Kukuwentuhan ka nila sa struggle to protect their environment. Enjoy!

Banned by Admin
    so nahanap kana kasama juben? parang gusto ko kaya lang ngayon ko lang nakita tong thread e. might be too soon. ill ask some friends if theyre interested

freed soul..at last
    BITIN.....sobrang bitin yung three day trip namin sa CDO. Tapos sa pryce plaza pa kami nagstay......luging lugi ako kasi kailangan ko pa magtaxi para lang makababa sa city.....sabagay ok na ok naman yung view.....

Ill definitely go back to CDO sa summer.....tapos di na ko magsasama ng nanay na maarte...heheheheh.....mommy ko kasi napaka........

nung last day na namin we went to SM para magshopping before taking the last flight to Manila.....tapos wala naman kaming nabiling matino.....hay naku......

kaya kailangan makagawa agad ng baby yung couple na kinasal kung saan nag ninang yung mommy ko......para kapag binyag na nung baby, ako naman yung magnininong.....

Re: camiguin/ cagayan de oro oct 30-nov 2

hi junben,

keep us posted regarding your trip ha? this is one of the destinations in my wishlist. =)

thanks!

Originally posted by junben_c
    things to see and do in camiguin and cagayan de oro:

- white water rafting
    - canopy walk on a hanging bridge
    - hot springs
    - cold spring
    - waterfall
    - white beach
    - lanzones festival
    - lots more

everyone's invited to join our group. i'm not in this for profit. i just want to form a group. the more the merrier and more economical. for more details, feel free to call 0920 3026259. thanks...

black & blue

Camiguin Island

Anyone in here who has been to Camiguin? My friends and I are planning to spend our Holy Week there. But problem is, none of us has ever been there. We don't know anyone who had either.

Suggestions/tips/advice on how to get there, where to stay, where to eat, what to do, what to see, what to expect, and simply how to get around the island are most welcome. Thanks in advance.

We went there by cruise liner, which is better than airline. From Cagayan you go to Camiguin by ferry. We stayed at the Crown Prince Hotel, which is the best that they have. We had friends from there thats why we had no problems going to the beach resorts ( how to get there, etc.) But dont forget to visit the man made falls, I forgot the name but don't worry, it's quite famous, so just ask around. (It sounded like Katibawasan Falls, or something like that) Don't forget to buy this kind of pastry they sell in any camiguin shop, its soft bread with custard filling and its so delectable!!! good luck with your travel...

It could be hard to go around Camiguin if you don't know anyone there who can provide transpo unless you're travelling as a group then you could negotiate with private jeepneys to bring your around. When we went there, it was with a tour group so laking ginhawa.

From Cagayan de Oro, you need to go to the port (sorry forgot the name) where they have the ferries going to Camiguin. It's a 2-hour bus ride from CDO to the port. The port actually is Misamis Oriental already. Ferries leave on certain schedules only so make sure to check it and time your travel with it. The ferry ride is 1.5 hours.

We stayed at Bahay Bakasyunan. It's very nice and the food is good and affordable. It has 2 pools so you can at least do something else when you're in the resort.

Places to go to: Katibawasan falls, Hot Springs (sorry, I'm really lousy with names but it's popular so you won't miss it), Cold Springs, their biggest church in town, public market, the Stations of the Cross at the foot of Hibok-hibok, Sunken Cemetery, ruins of this old church with the giant balete tree, and best of all, White Beach! White Beach is actually a sandbar so it's only accessible pag low tide. Pag nag-high tide, nawawala siya kaya wag magpaabot ng high tide doon!

Camiguin is a big island (it has 7 volcanoes!) but the inhabited area is pretty small. There is only 1 major road -- they call it the Circumferential road -- as it goes around the island so no worries about getting lost because you are bound to pass by wherever you're staying at one point...

Stuff to buy: Lanzones (if it's in season), Pastel (this is the pastry mentioned in the previous post -- it's soft bread with yema-like stuff inside), Cocoa flakes or Cacao (they come in brown paper bags and are being sold in the public market and some of the resorts. They're very good and would tend to run out of stocks so pabili na agad kayo.).

My tip for you is to also try to go around Cagayan de Oro since the plane will be originating from there, especially if you're flying PAL. I think only Seair has flights directly to Camiguin. You can try the famous white-water rafting in CDO

You can try the famous white-water rafting in CDO
    darn right! well, my friends and i tried the pinoy-style rafting (b/c we already did rafting at Cagayan Valley - highly recommended too).. forgot whats it called but instead of the usual raft, they used salbabidas (pinoy life boats) connected together. you dont have to paddle, you'll just have to go with the flow! before rafting, they'd let you jump from the bridge to the river.. woohoo!

while your in CDO, try also the canopy walk. :thumbsup:

Seair has direct flight to camiguin? hmm.. i better check it out.. i'll also be going there in april.. is it ok if we just look for a place to stay there? or do we have to book from here?

cool! i was just about to start a thread about camiguin too.

what's the best time to go to camiguin? we're planning on going there around june.. ok lang kaya yun?

i'd love to try the white water rafting sa cdo din! how much is it? is it far dun sa port na sinasabi nila? details please?

Quote Originally Posted by cherub_08
    darn right! well, my friends and i tried the pinoy-style rafting (b/c we already did rafting at Cagayan Valley - highly recommended too).. forgot whats it called but instead of the usual raft, they used salbabidas (pinoy life boats) connected together. you dont have to paddle, you'll just have to go with the flow! before rafting, they'd let you jump from the bridge to the river.. woohoo!

while your in CDO, try also the canopy walk. :thumbsup:

Seair has direct flight to camiguin? hmm.. i better check it out.. i'll also be going there in april.. is it ok if we just look for a place to stay there? or do we have to book from here?
    I just checked and found out that there are no more flights to Camiguin originating from Manila. Cebu-Camiguin na lang and v.v.

Better if you book ahead because transpo to and from the sea ports (they have 3) is hard. As in yung mga jeep may oras yata tapos may sakay hanggang sa taas hehehe... The resorts are also far in between -- not like in Boracay or Puerto where you can just hop from one to another.

Quote Originally Posted by port80
    I just checked and found out that there are no more flights to Camiguin originating from Manila. Cebu-Camiguin na lang and v.v.

Better if you book ahead because transpo to and from the sea ports (they have 3) is hard. As in yung mga jeep may oras yata tapos may sakay hanggang sa taas hehehe... The resorts are also far in between -- not like in Boracay or Puerto where you can just hop from one to another.
    hi port80

pano mag-book nung transpo? and how much kaya yun?

tips and suggestions would be very much appreciated. im sort of the planner sa group namin ngayon and every little info would help a lot.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SiOMs
    hi port80

pano mag-book nung transpo? and how much kaya yun?

tips and suggestions would be very much appreciated. im sort of the planner sa group namin ngayon and every little info would help a lot.

thanks!
    Hi SIOMs, we were with a tour group kasi when we went there so we had our own transpo. I learned though that most of the resorts can arrange transpo to and from the ports. Bahay Bakasyunan is really nice so I would recommend it. They have their own accredited jeepney and van drivers (parang sa Bohol) so you can arrange it with them.

Ilan ba kayo magtou-tour? Kasi kung mga 10 kayo, you can actually have a tour agency arrange everything for you. Mas mahal lang siyempre but for me it's worth all the convenience. You can contact Causeway Tours at 09202735606 / 09163963963 / 09192838146. I'll post the landline also on Monday -- my directory is in the office. I know the Camiguin tour is a regular tour of Causeway so ask if they have a sked for summer.
    Last edited by port80; Feb 19, 2005 at 09:37 PM.

SiOMs, check out this link -- it has the phone numbers of accommodations in Camiguin:

http://www.travelphil.com/internet_e..._camiguin.html

I'm not familiar with the other resorts pero sabi dati sa min yung Bahay Bakasyunan and Camiguin Beach Club yung talagang ok.

wow thanks port80!

around 5-8 lang kami eh, hmmm meron kayang group of 5 na package?

anyway,ill try to call Causeway Tours para sure. thanks again!

*bump*

wala akong time tawagan causeway tours huhu kung meron pong mabait na magppost ng rough estimate kung magkano gagastusin for everything, mamahalin kita for life!

16. Advertisement

sioms

mas mura ba kung tour? pero ok dyan sa causeway.. i went to their cagayan-ilocos tour 4years ago (nyek! sobrang tagal na.. hehe) and it cost me 6600 for twin-sharing.. 2 lang kasi kami nung friend ko.. super saya.. galing ng tour guide tapos may mga games pa sa bus

i called bahay bakasyunan, rate nila 1750 for 2 (not too sure, yung kodigo ko naiwan ko sa house) & 275 extra bed/night.. paras beach resort naman parang 2500 pero good na for 5persons.. mahal lang kung mag rent ka pa ng van (2500/day or 8hrs) and boat (800-1300 half day)... mag post ulit ako bukas pag nahanap ko na copy ko..

i wont be getting a package.. mahal nga ng airfare P8391 roundtrip buti nalang libre hotel.. hehe.. sabi nila overnight lang daw pede na?

Our Camiguin experience

We went to Camiguin after 4 fun-filled days at Cagayan de Oro. the island is really nice.. i cant believe that it has so much amazing places in just a 64km stretch... looking at it from the ferry, all you can see are just several trees and the mountains... we went around the island through motorcycles (we hired them for 300 pesos a day including the tour guide). Our first stop was the Katibawasan Falls. It was a nice place, the water is so cold! Next stop for the day is Ardent Hot Springs. Nice place too, but there were so many people that time (black saturday), we cant hardly fit in the part where the water is the hottest. After that, we had dinner at Off-Shore... i dunno where the exact place is, but the food is great. Dami naming nakain! dami nga lang lamok.. kaya dapat mag-off lotion. the next day, punta kami sa White Island, Sunken Cemetary, Walk-way (where their annual PANAAD is held), Old Church Ruins and Sto. Nino Cold Springs. You should be in white island early in the morning to avoid the heat of the sun. the island is ok, but it didnt impress me that much. mas gusto ko pa beach sa boracay. in sunken cemetary, disappointed din kami. we were not able to see any graves, all were already covered by corals. but in fairness, maganda yung corals.. too bad lang we dont have any lifevests. di tuloy kami makalayo... we didnt stay long sa church ruins, just took some pics then alis na rin. Last stop namin yung Sto. Nino cold springs. super layo nya from Sunken, around 30mins pa... dapat nga di na lang kami nagpunta kasi normal lang din sya. Not very different. tapos daming tao din. we just had lunch there. oh well... overall, ang rating ko is: OKAY LANG. the beaches there are too rocky, di ako makaligo kahit beach front cottage namin. buti na lang masarap yung pastel.

my friends just went to camigiuin-cdo last holyweek. sayang nga hindi ako nakasama because i had to work tsktsk...

here's the lowdown on the prices
    caving/rapelling (cueva de oro) - 760
    pinoy rafting - 900
    white water rafting (western style) - 1400.

hope this helps!

Eat at Road Cafe in SM-CDO. Masarap ang sizzling beef ribs, pinaputok na bangus and binagoongang baboy.

Burger at P. Joe's in SM or Limketkai

BBQ at Butcher's Best

Chicken Feet at Mandarin sa Big R, Velez St. or Gaisano Mall.

http://www.byahengbarok.com
    Holy Week 2005 (Siargao, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro, Iligan, Malaybalay, Camiguin)

Hi, folks! We've just updated our homepage with our
    recent Holy Week adventure in Siargao (Surigao del
    Norte), Butuan (Agusan del Norte), Cagayan de Oro
    (Misamis Oriental) and Iligan City (Lanao del Norte),
    with sidetrips to Malaybalay, Bukidnon and Camiguin
    Island for PhP 8,000 (excluding airfare). Please visit our homepage -->
    http://holyweek.tripod.com <-- and click on 2005!
    Don't forget to sign in our guestbook!

==================

If we have said that our previous Holy Week travels
    were one of the best and the most memorable, forget
    it! This year's journey is the ultimate of all our
    adventures. As Ramil (this year's newbie) would
    describe it, "it was the wackiest, funniest, coolest,
    adventurest, excitest, cheapest, and restless"
    vacation ever.

From the suring capital of Siargao, the archeological
    sites of Butuan, the adventurous waters, mountains,
    and caves of Cagayan de Oro, to the majestic
    waterfalls of Iligan, our 2005 activities were all a
    combination of our travels for the past 6 years.

With physically-draining, mentally-disorienting,
    emotionally-agitating, spiritually-enriching and even
    supernaturally-disturbing experiences, this 2005 is
    SIMPLY the most EXTREME adventure of our lives!

March 20 – Our day-long travel just to get to the
    so-called surfing capital of the Philippines, Siargao.
    We took the Air Philippines flight to Surigao del
    Norte and then hired a private banca for a 3-hour sea
    journey to Siargao. Did I mention that there was a
    storm signal number one in Surigao del Norte during
    this time? Ugh!

March 21 – One whole day of bonding with the Lord, a
    retreat / recollection in disguise! Spent the whole
    day on the rough (and vicious) waters of Siargao as we
    travelled for 2 hours to get to the Sohuton Park in
    Sudlon, Socorro. Of course, there was still a storm
    signal number one during this whole ordeal. Later this
    day, we spent the day roaming around General Luna. Oh,
    yes, we survived and will continue on travelling for a
    couple of more years. :-)

March 22 – And the sun finally shines in Siargao!
    Spent the first half of the day island hopping in
    Guyam Island, Daku Island and Naked Island. The latter
    half of the day was spent with Lito Quintas for a
    crash course in surfing at Cloud 9 in General Luna.

March 23 – We boarded a Fortune Jet ferry by 9:00 AM
    and arrived at the Surigao City Port by 11:00 AM. We
    ate lunch at Jolibee, walked towards San Nicolas de
    Tolentino Cathedral, and bought shirts and other
    pasalubong at several souvenir shops. Next, we went to
    the Shrine of Nuestra Seρora del Perpetua Socorro and
    made a quick stop-over at Lake Mainit for
    picture-taking. In Butuan City, we went to to the
    Almont Hotels' Inland Resort and met Ellen's relatives
    who treated us with sumptuous halu-halo! Then, we went
    to the Balangay Shrine Museum. We finally arrived at
    Cagayan de Oro after 9:00 PM and ate our late dinner
    at Butcher's Best Barbeque.

March 24 – Travelled 2 hours to Claveria, Misamis
    Oriental for DOME Expedition Tours' Noslek Canopy Walk
    package. Canopy walk is a series of viewing decks
    connected by hanging cable bridges situated 100ft
    above the ground inside a lush tropical forest. From
    the jump off point, we trekked for about 30 minutes
    more. We arrived at the first deck where we had to do
    tyrolean rappelling to get to the second deck and do
    "the walk." There were 5 viewing decks, all in all.

March 25 – Still with the people from DOME, we headed
    towards Kweba de Oro. To get inside the cave, each of
    us rappelled down the 90-feet entrance. To get outside
    the cave, each of us had to go underwater to get to
    the river outside the cave. After lunch, we headed
    towards the Kabula Bridge. We jumped off from the
    bridge down to the river, about 30 feet, as entry
    point to the Pinoy-style white water rafting / tubing.
    Cagayan River has a total of 16 rapids with numbers 2
    and 6 as the strongest and most dangerous. And so, our
    tubes flipped and threw most of us to the river! By
    6:00 PM, we were already at the San Agustin Cathedral
    for our Good Friday novena.

March 26 – We found the famous Tinago Falls in Iligan
    City. We also went to the Viewdeck of the National
    Power Corporation to look at the almost-drained Maria
    Cristina Falls. We also dropped by the Initao-Libertad
    Protected Landscape and Seascape. Later that evening,
    we had dinner at OIC (Only in Cagayan), and then had
    coffee at The Park.

March 27 – One group, different travels: Wena & Jelay
    left for Manila. Roselle, Os and Alvin went to
    Camiguin. Laiza, Ellen, Nova, Barok and Ramil went to
    the Xavier University Chapel to hear mass. After that,
    Laiza went to her aunt's German Guesthouse in
    Lagonlong, Misamis Oriental. Ellen, Nova, Barok and
    Ramil went first to Kuya Jojo's in-laws' house for
    lunch and then to the Monastery of Transfiguration in
    Malaybalay, Bukidnon... and later that night, to
    Laiza's aunt's German Guesthouse.

March 28 – Roselle, Os and Alvin went back to Cagayan
    de Oro. Os left for Manila, while Alvin went out on a
    date. Ellen, Nova, Barok, Ramil and Laiza also went
    back to Cagayan de Oro after lunch. Re-grouping in our
    CDO house, we went to SM for some shopping. We ate
    dinner at PJoe's Diner at the Limketkai Center.

March 29 – Last day at Cagayan de Oro. We took the
    Cebu Pacific flight at 11:35 AM and was back in Manila
    by 1:00 PM. SIGH... Back to work!

=====================

Please let us know of any wrong info or broken links
    in our homepage by sending an e-mail to
    holywk@yahoo.com

22. Advertisement

23. May 10, 2005, 01:59 PM
    Reason
    spam

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast