Tagaytay City | Travel and Leisure | PinoyExchange

PEx Highlights

Secret love letters!

May mga hindi ka ba masabi sa personal? Dito mo na sabihin ang kwento ng puso mo!

read more

The Iron Lady of Asia

What is her biggest contribution to our society? Remember Miriam Defensor Santiago's legacy in this thread!

read more

PEx Volleyball Club

Looking for a group where you can learn and enjoy playing volleyball? Know more about PExVC in this forum!

read more

We want it spicy!

Craving for spicy foods? PExers shared their recipes and foodie picks here!

read more

REVIEW: Sausage Party

Are you ready for a different kind of party? Check out our official PEx movie review here!

read more

For the photography newbies!

Looking for photography tips? This is where our shutterbugs share their tips. Hop in!

read more

X

We just need a few minutes of your time. Tell us what you think of PinoyExchange!

Click here

Page 1 of 147 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last
    alis volat propriis

Tagaytay City

some of my friends and I were planning to celebrate my 19th birthday at tagaytay... the problem is matagal na ako hinde nakakapunta dun so wala na akong alam na place na pwedeng pagtambayan or pag-gimikan dun and ang plano pa afternoon kame pupunta... anu bang mga cool places dun na masusuggest nyong pwede nameng puntahan na pwede sa time slot ng afternoon?... kase siguro sa gabe marame na kame mapupuntahan dahil pwede naman sa bar di ba na malafet dun.. eh how about afternoon? pls help.. thanks..

ey! actually just came from tagaytay to spend the afternoon with
    my girl, suggest you go the the flower farm --take a right before the satellite dish then just go straight! cool place -- or taal vista already opened -- cafe on the ridge not a bad place to spend the afternoon! oh, mustnt forget to drop by bag of beans for their hot chocolate --- to die for talaga!!!! good luck!!!!

Palace In The Sky: Get off at Olivarez (Crossing ng Silang) and take a jeepney to the Palace. You can see Laguna, Batangas, and of course, Cavite, where Tagaytay is... from up there.

Picnic Grove: You'll pass by this place to and from Palace in the sky.

Just hang out. Enjoy the food, drinks, and the view!

http://www.byahengbarok.com
    if you and your friends are vegitarians, try sonia's garden.

you can try to spend an afternoon in club estancia resort.

Originally posted by sabine92575
    if you and your friends are vegitarians, try sonia's garden.
    ... or Mushroom Burgers. 3 minutes walk from Taal Vista Lodge.

Burgers with no meat! Yum!

Sarap ng Mushroom Burger.

yeah sonia's garden is cool!

if you can find a member to grant you a GUEST CARD...it's nice to go to TAGAYTAY HIGHLANDS. It's a little farther than Palace in the Sky...but it's really nice...there's an indoor pool...a mini-zoo...plus you can take a ride in the cable car....and i think it's an okay place to take "picture-picture!"

happy birthday and enjoy!

If you know where Tagaytay Royale Estates are, there's a little-known resto before you get to the guardhouse of T.R.E. I think it's called Massimo or something. I haven't eaten there, but sabi ng friend ko they serve good Italian food with their own tomatoes and herbs.

Yeah, my friends and I did the same thing on my birthday celebration.

alis volat propriis
    nothinFancy- hey parang ayus tong Palace In the Sky ha!..cool place!.. do we really need to ride a jeepney?.. siguro naman pwede own car.. .... Picnic Grove? im kinda interested here.. can you give me the full-background of it?... thanks..

hey... yeah i remember Mushroon Burgers sobrang sarap nga!

.... thanks sa lahat ng reply sana mapuntahan namen lahat... mwekekekek...

Palace in the Sky? I didn't enjoy much. It's a kind of dilapidated place. It's just situated hight above Tagaytay. Yeah you can bring a car but not to get in. You have to park first then ride the jeepney going up. It's just a short ride but the road is steep. You can walk if you want. That is if you have good knees coz you have to walk back down also. hehe.

Tagaytay Highlands is a good choice. It's for member only though. But just a bluechips said you can ask a member to grant you a guest card.

alis volat propriis
    Originally posted by Artemis
    Yeah you can bring a car but not to get in. You have to park first then ride the jeepney going up. It's just a short ride but the road is steep. You can walk if you want. That is if you have good knees coz you have to walk back down also. hehe.
    eeerrr... i dont think my friends would like it.... walang tsaga sa paglalakad yung mga yun....

Tagaytay Highlands is a good choice. It's for member only though. But just a bluechips said you can ask a member to grant you a guest card. [/B]
    dang! how i wish i have a friend who have it!.. thanks anyway...

alis volat propriis
    Originally posted by Misa Hayase
    If you know where Tagaytay Royale Estates are, there's a little-known resto before you get to the guardhouse of T.R.E. I think it's called Massimo or something. I haven't eaten there, but sabi ng friend ko they serve good Italian food with their own tomatoes and herbs.
    ah really?.. what's the minimum cost of food there?... i heard kase sonia's garden is a little bit expensive... it is not a good place for treating bunch of people... how about the place are you referring to?

♠♠♠
    u could take ur friends out on lunch sa dencio's grill tagaytay.. its near the mushroom burger resto so u could just choose between the two.. but dencio's has a really nice view deck for you and your friends to view the taal lake.. you could also go to leslie's to have your lunch.. has a native ambience plus they have a 'roving band' there, they would sing near your table while you are dining.. you and your friends can request for a song or two..

aside from the flower farm, picnic grove, etc that they have said.. you could go to the zoo (i forgot where it is situated, you could ask the locals na *** siguro) entrance fee is cheap lang naman. you could also go and drop by to caleruega or fantasy island, unahan *** sya ng tagaytay (batangas na sya actually.. hehe).. nice to take pics there..

if you wanna buy pasalubongs maybe you would want check out good shepherd (near picnic grove) sells ube (yum!), peanut brittle, buko pie, etc.

usually in the late afternoons its nice to just hang out.. you could go to starbucks beside dencios.(im not really sure if the construction is finished by this time)

enjoy!

alis volat propriis
    Originally posted by blatfink
    u could take ur friends out on lunch sa dencio's grill tagaytay.. its near the mushroom burger resto so u could just choose between the two.. but dencio's has a really nice view deck for you and your friends to view the taal lake.. you could also go to leslie's to have your lunch.. has a native ambience plus they have a 'roving band' there, they would sing near your table while you are dining.. you and your friends can request for a song or two..

aside from the flower farm, picnic grove, etc that they have said.. you could go to the zoo (i forgot where it is situated, you could ask the locals na *** siguro) entrance fee is cheap lang naman. you could also go and drop by to caleruega or fantasy island, unahan *** sya ng tagaytay (batangas na sya actually.. hehe).. nice to take pics there..

if you wanna buy pasalubongs maybe you would want check out good shepherd (near picnic grove) sells ube (yum!), peanut brittle, buko pie, etc.

usually in the late afternoons its nice to just hang out.. you could go to starbucks beside dencios.(im not really sure if the construction is finished by this time)

enjoy!
    hey thanks so much.... i owe you one!

>>completed<<
    hi.

my hunski and i ate at the cafe at Taal Vista. It was okay. Price was about 400. Food was okay.

Sonya's Garden was also great. Loved the greens.

alis volat propriis
    Originally posted by jackmcph
    hi.

my hunski and i ate at the cafe at Taal Vista. It was okay. Price was about 400. Food was okay.

Sonya's Garden was also great. Loved the greens.

400?.. you mean.. the minimum price of a serving cost 400 pesos?... expensive!

where's sonya's garden?

Hhhmmm.... you guys are giving me ideas too... hehehe... Yeah where is Sonya's Garden?

Ang lapit lapit ko sa Tagaytay pero wala akong alam na place dun masyado...

Antonio's Gourmet Farm rocks! (Goodbye to Sonya's Garden!)

onya's Garden is such a letdown! It's not a compelling reason to drive to Tagaytay. Yeah sure organic is the cool thing now but I have a better suggestion. The hot gastronomic destination now in Tagaytay is Antonio's Gourmet farm. This is the solution to those carnivores who were let down by Sonya's food offering. (Her menu doesn't change by the way. She still serves that confused mango and chicken cream pasta sauce). Antonio's serves grilled meats (like rib-eye steak so divine and soft that you effortlessly take in your mouth), short ribs and wonderful spring lamb. They also have feature seafood dish. The salad is fabulous and unlike Sonya's where it's just all organic greens, Antonio's serves their salad with a delightful and refreshing fruit-based dressing and a dried cheese tart and a piping of herbed cheese on the side. The decadent ones can order caramelized/pan-seared foie gras with the greens.

This place is so sought-after that bookings are so difficult like my July sunday dinner was booked last May pa! The price is a tad more than Sonya's but it's well worth it considering you have bottomless dalandan juice and really moist and hearty foccacia (with basil butter) to go with it. The soup is FABULOUS. As my friend said, it was like sipping butter. It wasn't thick like commercial, add-hot-water-soups. It was more like a liquid essence of the choice vegetable. It's THAT awesome!!!!!
    They offer set meals like Sonya's which starts with the salad I was talking about and finishes off with a chocolate/coffee soufflé with grand marnier sauce and tarragon tea. The great part about their set meal is that it builds to a crescendo unlike Sonya's where there's nothing to look forward to after the salad. The pasta sauces are ordinary and the dessert (some caramelized camote) is glamorized carinderia fare.

There are kiddie meals and vegetarian dishes too. Suddenly Sonya's pales in comparison (and it's way too far compared to Antonio's). For the truly indulgent ones, they have a house specialty called Sparfunckel which is boneless suckling pig stuffed with herbs and served with apple sauce and sauerkraut. It's an authentic German recipe.

Here are the contact numbers of Antonio's for reservations. 0920-9004527/0917-8992866/0917-8191022.

You MUST try it. Guys-- this is a great "Will-You-Marry-Me" venue. Really romantic, intimate and peaceful setting plus you'll be so pleasantly stuffed with good food!

I'm NEVER going back to Sonya's again. Sonya's is predictable, boring, unimaginative and OVER-rated. I don't see what the hype is about except for the fabulous flower gardens. Not to mention that it closes so early pa.

Page 1 of 147 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last