Morocco-anyone? | Travel and Leisure | PinoyExchange

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... Last

Smile Morocco-anyone?

just thought i'd kick off a thread devoted to one of my dream destinations. so pexters, anybody out there who's been to morocco?
    i would love to hear your experience there and maybe some tips too.
    thanks a lot!

di na daw kelangan ng visa dito? parang nabasa ko.

Maganda sa Marrakech.

Wen to Morocco few years ago from Spain. Port of entry is Tangiers from Algeciras, south of Spain. From tangiers, we went straight to casablanca by train. almost 7 hours. casablanca is like old grimy crowded manila. the white mosque is beautiful but i dont know if it's worth the trip to the city already. from casablanca, about 4 hours train to marrakech. this quaint old town looked more orderly and had more character. i only had half a day to see the town but i enjoyed it nonetheless.

gusto ko syang balikan pag may chance.

trivia: there are about hundreds of Filipinos working at duty free shops in moroccan airports owned by the tantocos.

saka madami daw pinoy sa casablanca na nag-aantay ng visa for illegal deployment to france, spain and italy.

wow may nagreply!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]@niac View Post
    Maganda sa Marrakech.

Wen to Morocco few years ago from Spain. Port of entry is Tangiers from Algeciras, south of Spain. From tangiers, we went straight to casablanca by train. almost 7 hours. casablanca is like old grimy crowded manila. the white mosque is beautiful but i dont know if it's worth the trip to the city already. from casablanca, about 4 hours train to marrakech. this quaint old town looked more orderly and had more character. i only had half a day to see the town but i enjoyed it nonetheless.

gusto ko syang balikan pag may chance.

trivia: there are about hundreds of Filipinos working at duty free shops in moroccan airports owned by the tantocos.

saka madami daw pinoy sa casablanca na nag-aantay ng visa for illegal deployment to france, spain and italy.

thanks for your reply. interesting that morocco is the same with turkey pala na naging"gateway" to europe. do you think 2 weeks is enough to see all places and stuff of interest?

so i heard

Quote Originally Posted by punkdevotee View Post
    di na daw kelangan ng visa dito? parang nabasa ko.
    that's what i read somewhere too . tara na!

Quote Originally Posted by akoaylagalag View Post
    that's what i read somewhere too . tara na!
    Is this true? Ang alam ko lang na d na kelangan ng visa ay pag you're from US, europe... Pero wala akong nabasa sa wikipedia na d na natin kelangan ng visa. Pls correct me if i'm wrong.

Banned by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by akoaylagalag View Post
    thanks for your reply. interesting that morocco is the same with turkey pala na naging"gateway" to europe. do you think 2 weeks is enough to see all places and stuff of interest?
    i didnt know ginagawang palang takeoff point ang turkey to EU. been there 3x pero wala ako nadidinig na ganyang kwento. simply because hindi din ganun kadali kumiuha ng visa sa turkey.kung illegal ka sa turkey, you cant possibly leave for europe dahil most certainly madedeport ka.

anyway, i dont know what other places of interest you can check out in morocco aside from marrakech and casablanca. kung itong 2 lang kasi ang bibisitahan mo, sobra na ang one week. pero may nabasa ako na maganda din daw sa Fez.

Citizens of Philippines residing in Philippines have to apply for a visa to Morocco in person at the nearest consulate of Morocco in Philippines. Please note that the application procedures and fees may vary depending on where you apply. If there is no consulate of Morocco in Philippines there might be a consulate of Morocco in one of the neighboring countries that covers the jurisdiction of Philippines.

From: http://morocco.visahq.com/requirements/Philippines/

parang hindi masyadong maganda sa morocco kug 'yun lang ang pupuntahan ano?

i am just basing it from what i am reading here...

kailangang parang side-trip lang siya from spain para masulit?

Philippine passport holders are not required to have a visa to enter Morocco. Please see the list of countries that are exempted from the visa formality. Here is the official website of the Kingdom of Morocco's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation:

http://www.maec.gov.ma/EN/default.html

Quote Originally Posted by chuvachenes View Post
    Citizens of Philippines residing in Philippines have to apply for a visa to Morocco in person at the nearest consulate of Morocco in Philippines. Please note that the application procedures and fees may vary depending on where you apply. If there is no consulate of Morocco in Philippines there might be a consulate of Morocco in one of the neighboring countries that covers the jurisdiction of Philippines.

From: http://morocco.visahq.com/requirements/Philippines/
    You missed the continuing disclaimer:

VisaHQ.com visa services are for residents of the U.S. and Canada only.

so in other words, it is not a reliable source. para sa akin.

^oh, yup, i missed that. sorry... Na-excite ako when I read no visa is required and then I tried to research and saw that site.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]@niac View Post
    i didnt know ginagawang palang takeoff point ang turkey to EU. been there 3x pero wala ako nadidinig na ganyang kwento. simply because hindi din ganun kadali kumiuha ng visa sa turkey.kung illegal ka sa turkey, you cant possibly leave for europe dahil most certainly madedeport ka.

anyway, i dont know what other places of interest you can check out in morocco aside from marrakech and casablanca. kung itong 2 lang kasi ang bibisitahan mo, sobra na ang one week. pero may nabasa ako na maganda din daw sa Fez.

oh i must have been mislead into thinking that turkey is the jump off point. but i saw in some documentary that one agency recruited people and flew them via turkey to france ata but they got caught sa airport pa lang.

but anyway, i heard maganda nga daw sa fez but then on second thought baka nga morocco isn't worth to be the MAIN destination if and ever man one decides to spend a couple of thousand dollars air fare...so mas maganda siguro spain then morocco

i wanna go to Morocco!!!

Will be going to Casablanca next month. Any tips?

When you travel to Morocco the best places to visit include the imperial cities of Marrakech, Fes and Meknes. This is where you find the old towns (Medinas) with their wonderful bazaars, palaces and bustling town squares.

Morocco is also famous for its beaches and some of the best seaside towns are on the Atlantic coast, they include Essaouira, Tangier and Asilah. Morocco is also not short on natural beauty. You can hire a camel and trek through the Sahara; climb North Africa's highest peak in the Atlas Mountains; or stay in a traditional Kasbah (pictured here) in the fascinating Dades Valley.

Luckily Morocco is small enough and has a decent local transport network, so you're able to see a variety of towns and sights in just one week.

“The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G. K. Chesterton

Visa requirements to visit other country
    http://touringbuddy.com/

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... Last