Myanmar | Travel and Leisure | PinoyExchange

PEx Highlights

REVIEW: Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

19 years. 5 films. Has the 'Mission Impossible' franchise finally found its voice? Find out in our movie review here!

read more

Travel Photo of the Week: Miyajima, Japan

PExer 22mai shares his travails in Miyajima, Hiroshima in this week's PEx Travel Feature!

read more

PROMO: Inside Out

Join our movie promo and get a chance to win tickets to the premiere of 'Inside Out' in IMAX!

read more

On Ginebra and Tim Cone

JPM talks about his personal Ginebra fandom and the arrival of Tim Cone in the Barangay. All that in this week's PBA Feature that you don't want to miss. Read it here!

read more

Show Me Your Teeths: The Finale

As the adage goes, all good things must come to an end. Chelsey and Merly talk about happenings in PEx for one last time in the series finale of Show Me Your Teeths.

read more

August Movies Schedule!

Find out the full movie lineup this August in our movie infographic! See it here.

read more

Page 1 of 28 1 2 11 ... Last

Myanmar

anyone who has been to this country?
    ok din ba dito?
    any insights and opinions?hehe

Quote Originally Posted by kobe20 View Post
    anyone who has been to this country?
    ok din ba dito?
    any insights and opinions?hehe
    i was there during the cyclone nargis.

yet, it is still my best country in Southeast asia. well, next to the philippines of course!

must see places in burma:

1. Bagan!
    2. Shweidagon Stupa in Yangoon

Quote Originally Posted by veco_notebook View Post
    i was there during the cyclone nargis.

yet, it is still my best country in Southeast asia. well, next to the philippines of course!

must see places in burma:

1. Bagan!
    2. Shweidagon Stupa in Yangoon

ah talaga..wow!is it safe though there?
    gaano ka katagal dun?
    i really wanna go there

waahhhh...wala pa nakapuntang iba???

myanmar

hi there! stayed in myanmar for a month last 2004 and then again in 2005. i visited my boyfriend kse who worked there at that time. i dont think much has changed since then since this country is not an "open" country and under, well parang marshal law. okay lang naman. wasnt scray or anything. actually there were a lot of europeans travelling around when i was there. next destination kse nila yun from thailand. medyo mahal ang fare. that time almost US$800 RT manila-yanggon-manila. not much to do in the city except go visit shwedagon pagoda (very nice) and other nearby temples. unles you go to bagan and mandalay to see the sights. no mcdonalds or any other western chains. bring diatabs. hahaha

was a good experience naman

If I'm not mistaken, this is the only country in ASEAN where Pinoys have to obtain visas.

I'm also planning to go there. Must sees, apart from Bagan and Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon, include Inle Lake and the Golden Rock.

There are quite a few choices for those traveling from Manila. One can either take a direct flight to Bangkok (via Air Asia or Thai Airways), KL (Malaysia Airlines) or Singapore (SilkAir or Jetstar) for connecting flights.

Was there 2004, and it was just like the Philippines circa 70s. The malls were just like two story buildings. Cmon, can any other place be more backward than ours? he he he. Been to Yangon, Mandalay, and Bagan. Anyway, that may be the case, but when I saw Bagan, I was awestruck. It's so surreal. It's just like Ankor ***, and more. A small city, but with temples at every corner. A place so underrated, which in a way, good enough for the city so as to protect itself from hordes of tourists. All I can say is that it should be considered as one of the world's best tourist destinations.

9. Advertisement

thanks for the input...hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by vogriphach View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, this is the only country in ASEAN where Pinoys have to obtain visas.

I'm also planning to go there. Must sees, apart from Bagan and Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon, include Inle Lake and the Golden Rock.

There are quite a few choices for those traveling from Manila. One can either take a direct flight to Bangkok (via Air Asia or Thai Airways), KL (Malaysia Airlines) or Singapore (SilkAir or Jetstar) for connecting flights.
    Do we really need to obtain visa to enter Myanmar?

^ as i was informed, kung mag-land border crossing ka from thailand (which is not a regular thing coz kung kelan lang nila trip buksan ang land border, tsaka ka pwedeng mag-cross), you'll pay for your visa, some U$5 per day, and less than 24 hours lang ata pwede ikaw sa loob.

otherwise, wala namang visa required if you don't exceed 14 days.

will stay there for 3 months starting october 12.

Quote Originally Posted by vogriphach View Post

Hindi lang naman sa pinoy ginawa yan,sa lahat ng ASEAN resident inApply ang lifting ng visa-free entry.nabgyari yan right after kinondem ng ASEAN countries ang massacre na nangyari dun sa mga demonstrator two years ago.kaya nagkaroon ng advisory sa lahat ng consulate nila sa ASEAN countries na impose ang pagiisue ng visa ulit.

LimpBwiZit, are you in Myanmar now? How is it so far? Do we Filipinos need to get a visa in advance before flying over?

Quote Originally Posted by kobe20 View Post
    ah talaga..wow!is it safe though there?
    gaano ka katagal dun?
    i really wanna go there
    late response na ata to...

1. safe ba pumunta dun? yes, very safe. for me, burmese people are the mildest people among south east asians. kung takot ka sa military junta, wag ka lang magsisigaw against it at wag kang pupunta sa bahay ni aung san.

2. supposedly 5 days lang kami, kaso inabutan kami ng nargis, naextend kami ng 2 days... looking back, it was fun. pero during the bagyo na nabalaho yung van namin, scary yun. walang phone signal, walang credit card, monitored pa lahat ng pinupuntahan kong sites sa internet cafe... monitored? kasi yung nagbabantay ng cafe mismo ang titingin tingin sa pinupuntahan ko na sites.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuko_dude View Post
    LimpBwiZit, are you in Myanmar now? How is it so far? Do we Filipinos need to get a visa in advance before flying over?
    for some unknown reason, the burmese government refused to give us long-stay visas, hence, for lack of manpower, the mission was cancelled.

kung tourist lang, di kelangan ng visa.

Quote Originally Posted by LimpBwiZit View Post
    for some unknown reason, the burmese government refused to give us long-stay visas, hence, for lack of manpower, the mission was cancelled.

kung tourist lang, di kelangan ng visa.
    kailangan na ng visa... binago na nila policy, kumuha ako sa makati ng visa, mabilis lang naman, wag lang magpapalam na press ka (if ever nasa press ka nga)...

kailangan na ng visa... binago na nila policy, kumuha ako sa makati ng visa, mabilis lang naman, wag lang magpapalam na press ka (if ever nasa press ka nga)...
    hi veco_noteback, can you tell us what are the requirements and fees to get a visa for myanmar?

thanks heaps..

Quote Originally Posted by starbuko_dude View Post
    hi veco_noteback, can you tell us what are the requirements and fees to get a visa for myanmar?

thanks heaps..
    halungkatin ko muna ang old notes ko ha.. hehehe give me a day or a week...

20. Advertisement

Just came back from Myanmar! There are quite a bit of tourists there - mostly Westerners. During the whole time we were there (8 days), we didn't meet any other Filipinos. Most tourists are from France, Italy and Germany.

Getting the visa is quite straightforward. The fee is about US$20, then you have to fill out a form and present 3 passport photos. Photocopy of passport is also required. They won't ask for other things such as certificate of employment or income tax but they need to see your namecard - to prove you're not a journalist.

Myanmar is one of the most fascinating countries I've been to in Southeast Asia - there are a lot of tourist spots around the country. My favorite's Bagan - para siyang Angkor but tourists have more freedom to roam around and even climb some of the temples!

The country is quite safe. There's barely any crime there even if you walk alone in the city at night. The locals treat foreigners like VIP's and few would dare rob a tourist.

The good thing about Myanmar is that you don't see huge crowds unlike in Cambodia or Thailand. Traditional life among the locals still co-exists quite peacefully with the relatively small number of tourists that visit the country. So the things you see are still authentic in a way.

Will talk more about it later, I have to gather my thoughts - and pictures!

Here are a few:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4069/4237460248_50e105808f.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2666/4237492712_c51ab1cfdc.jpg

long-stay multiple entry visa (6 months). di ata kelangan kung tourist ka lang staying less than 14 days.

di ako taga-media. international inter-governmental organization ako connected.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 11 ... Last