PEx Highlights

Kenshin Stars, Director to Visit Manila

Director Keishi Otomo and actors Takeru Satoh, Emi Takei and Munetaka Aoki are flying to Manila to grace the Premiere of Kyoto Inferno.

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 3

There's a new number one in this week's UAAP Basketball Power Rankings.

read more

FIBA Worlds Feature: Building National Teams

A look back on how the RP national teams were formed in the "open basketball" era.

read more

Join The Agency

Register for The Agency, PEx's newest Showbiz RPG!

read more

PHOTOS: NU Clobbers Adamson

The NU Bulldogs win a laugher against the Adamson Soaring Falcons, 62-25, the lowest scoring output in recent memory.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Guardians of the Galaxy

While most superhero movies focus on brawn power and visuals, central to Guardians is its heart and wit.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question best car battery

hi guys...

based on your experience or second hand info:

>whats the best battery brand
    >type (no maintenace etc)
    >how long it lasted
    >what troubles or mishaps did you experience

lets get ready for pur next battery purchase!!!

2. Nov 11, 2005, 02:52 PM

Reason
    Double Post! Grrr...

>whats the best battery brand
    motolite enduro

>type (no maintenace etc)
    enduro 2c its a no maintenace type

>how long it lasted
    18 months and counting

>what troubles or mishaps did you experience
    nothing extraordinary...although now i avoid using my car stereo for fear of battery discharge 'again'

when in doubt, FLAT OUT! shun_sakurai's Avatar
    The last battery I chucked from my car's engine bay was an Oriental one. The non-maintenance-free kind. It lasted me a couple years---just about par for the course in our heat.

Just make sure you get batteries that use calcium plates, I read somewhere (Road and Track magazine, I believe) they last longer than those with antimony plates. In our weather, expect a battery to last 2-3 years, as our heat is a wet-cell battery killer.

If you're concerned about longevity then the battery that requires distilled water maintenance will be the choice (will last around a year or so longer then a maintenance-free battery).

Motolite Maintainance Free is the default battery of a lot of the daily drivers i see, this would usually last around two-three years at the average. The brand i hear good feedback about but have not yet tried is GS Japan (Japan Storage Battery Co.).

i heard acdelco lasts 4 yrs. can someone verify this pls?

any feedback on outlast battery?

8. Advertisement

the verdict: all are N50/2SM Calcium Plated maintenance free,free delivry without additional charge.

MOTOLITE (843 1111)
    ah(power) model warranty(months) price(14Nov2005)
    68 EXCEL 24 P3780
    65 GOLD 21 P3085
    60 ENDURO 15 P2350

OUTLAST
    ah(power) model warranty(months) price(14Nov2005)
    55 XDR 20 P2700
    70 EXCEED 24 P3150
    71 SUPER PREMIUM 15 P3100

m having exceed!

My Imarflex diesel king which is also good for gas engines got me 5 years.

So too did the Outlast XDR but my car was stuck for ayear without being used

If you got the moolah and know where to get them: Optima "spiralcell" batteries.

For lesser mortals, local batteries will have to do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by shun_sakurai
    The last battery I chucked from my car's engine bay was an Oriental one. The non-maintenance-free kind. It lasted me a couple years---just about par for the course in our heat.

Just make sure you get batteries that use calcium plates, I read somewhere (Road and Track magazine, I believe) they last longer than those with antimony plates. In our weather, expect a battery to last 2-3 years, as our heat is a wet-cell battery killer.

tama ka pre! matibay ang calcium plates! nakagamit ako nun it lasted 4 years before it conked out.

motolite gold 3 1/2 years na ok pa rin kahit a/t

MOTOLITE PANG MATAGALAN.. hahaha. pusa, alala ko yung mga commercial sa pinas.. hahaha

Strange my batteries for last decade have averaged AT LEAST 3 years (I replace them kahit hindi pa sira) and as far as I know, they're ordinary main free ones.

Motolite 6f yata yun.
    Lasted? matagal
    linisin lang ang terminal then lagyan lang ng distilled water.

3f (maintenance free battery for pajero. yun?)
    f***ing bilis 2 years lang ang tinagal hindi kaya yung load.

Mabuti pa yung mga old batteries matagal unlike ngayon.

AC Delco

Quote Originally Posted by Manoroth
    i heard acdelco lasts 4 yrs. can someone verify this pls?
    And to add to that, how much more expensive is a Delco battery as compared to Motolite/Oriental? Are they worth the extran money? Or pareho lang?

I use Outlast for general applications. They last the typical 2-3 years common with car batteries due to local conditions. I use it for the Sentra and also the Starex. The Starex being a diesel, is very demanding on a battery especially during cold starts. But the Outlast performs well enough. I'm using the Low Maintenance variety.

Delivery service is fast also. Q.C. to Caloocan in around 30 mins.

I don't really find benefit in the extra cost of imported batteries. Some are almost double the cost but are not really double the life. I'd rather have two inexpensive batteries.

Btw, I'm using Motolite Calcim MF on the Pajero. Two years and counting.

I'm using Motolite Calcium Gold. I've just change it yesterday 1 month short of 4years.

You'll know the battery needs replacement when you can't start your car. Headlights, horn, etc. are ok, but too weak to start. Jumping start it will make it work, but the battery won't keep the charge for long.

I'm starting to see a trend here...

It's nice seeing batteries lasting 3-4 years instead of the 2-3 years of yore, given our battery-killing tropical weather.

I do have a question though. Does a battery's charge capacity diminish when you don't use it for starting the car?

Quote Originally Posted by shun_sakurai
    I'm starting to see a trend here...

It's nice seeing batteries lasting 3-4 years instead of the 2-3 years of yore, given our battery-killing tropical weather.

I do have a question though. Does a battery's charge capacity diminish when you don't use it for starting the car?
    Not using the battery to start the car is in the battery's favor. Less work for it. Once started, the alternator will still charge and maintain to the preset voltage.

The battery actually does very little work once the engine is running. The alternator can directly supply most of the required voltage to run the car's electrics and electronics.

AC Delco...2 year warranty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast