PEx Highlights

Top Female Celebrities

2 more weeks and she will officially be the IT GIRL of the month. Can her fans keep it up? Jane Oineza is still PEx's Top Female Celeb!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

PROMO: Interstellar

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Interstellar!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Wins Laugher vs Champs

Calvin Abueva (21 points, 11 rebounds) and the Alaska Aces made a statement on Wednesday, dominating the Purefoods Star Hotshots in a laugher, 93-73.

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter

Be in the know! Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter for community, movies, sports and promo updates.

read more

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Bakit ang dami gustong mag abroad?

bakit nga ba?

Easy money. mga pinoy gusto instant money kaagad.
    kaya madami tumataya sa lotto jueteng sabong. mga iba gusto makapagasawa ng mayaman (parang lotto din yan)

"the more materialistic you are the more na mahirap ang buhay mo"

for me i dont see filipinos abroad as bayani. i see them more as quiters.
    hindi ba mas bayani ang mga nagpapaiwan sa pilipinas?
    lalo na mga nasa medical field doctors nurses na ayaw umalis. sila mga bayani.

kami mga naghihirap dito para maging maunlad ang bansa.

I will pursue my dreams here kahit gaano kahirap gawin.
    basta nasa lupa ako ng pilipinas walang makakapigil sakin. diba?

wala lang peace

Quote Originally Posted by jalner
    bakit nga ba?

kaya madami tumataya sa lotto jueteng sabong. mga iba gusto makapagasawa ng mayaman (parang lotto din yan)

wala lang peace
    - good na marami pang katulad mo na nagpapaka bayani .. hooray
    - ang tanong ng iba eh sa tingin mo umuunlad ba ang pinas dahil sa'yo ?
    - gumanda na ba ang takbo ng buhay ng mga naghihirap na pinoy ?
    - paano na ang pinas kung wala ang $ 10 billion na remittance ?
    - sa dinami daming nag graduate hindi pa rin ma absorb locally ..
    - maganda sa pinoy ang maraming options..(stay or not)
    - kahit na ang suweldo mo ay 50K pesos/ month - paano mo mapapaaral sa magandang school ang anak mo
    - bakit kailangang magandang iskul ? better jobs goes to sa mga taga sikat na iskul.. right ? and walang pinipili ang mga employers ... over 50 tapos ka
    what's up with that ?

I work abroad but I don't consider myself bayani or whatever but I don't also think of myself as as quiter. I got a decent job in the Phils but it would be so unwise for me to pass up on the opportunity to earn more in the States and that is not quitting.

San mo ilalagay ang milyun-milyong OFW natin kung ibabalik mo sila dito sa Pinas? Atleast yung remittances nila nakakatulong ng malaki sa ekonomiya natin. Hindi ang mga tao sa gbyerno ang dahilan kung bakit nahuhuli ang Pilipinas..... ang talangka mentality ang dapat alisin sa ating mga Pinoy.

Sa estado at kalagayan ng Pilipinas ngayon, maging bulag muna tayo sa ginagawa ng ibang tao at isipin muna natin ang magagawa natin para sa Inang Bayan. Sama-sama tayong maging bayani sa ating mga mumunting paraan ng pagtulong.

blahbitty blah
    oo nga eh, yung teller friend ko sa bank gusto ipa-reto ko sya sa foreigner. kala ko nagbibiro, hindi raw! goodness.

Washing Ironing F***ing Etc ~gIrLnXtDoOr~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by putoti
    I work abroad but I don't consider myself bayani or whatever but I don't also think of myself as as quiter. I got a decent job in the Phils but it would be so unwise for me to pass up on the opportunity to earn more in the States and that is not quitting.

i agree with putoti's sentiments..

being given a better opportunity abroad doesn't mean a person is a quitter (duh!) .. it just means having a potential of earning more for a better future.. let's accept the fact na it's not easy (or rather, impossible) to get a salary around 100k (or even 50k) if ur still in ur 20's in the philippines (if u r, then ur 1 of the lucky few).. that's 1 of my reason why i accepted a job abroad

California Guy
    bakit nga ba?
    as long as you do it legally, there's nothing wrong with that. pag may mga pa-raffle ba, umiiwas ka rin dun? as long as you don't let your life depend on it, ok lang yon.

even if you are working in the Phils, if you find a better oppurtunity from some other employers, you take chance with it, right? you just want to get what is due for what you have to offer. that doesn't mean you're materialistic.

that's their (or your) choice to stay. but no one is telling them (or you) to stay. people migrate to other countries to seek better way of living to provide financial assistance to their love ones. some even start from scratch, and they succeed. do you call that a quitter?

wala lang peace
    well..good for you.

how can you continue to love something that doesnt love you back...

people who leave arent quitters. they just do what is best for them. what matters most is that, hopefully, they dont forget what they are leaving behind...

how can you help your country if you are barely able to help yourself??

Short answer: walang kwenta ang pilipinas.

Gusto ko makakita ng snow!

gusto kong magpalahi sa mga "purenjer"!!

i think its a dog eat dog world..gota survive in any way. i dont blame the peeps who leave. its not them, its the freakin instability of the country.

Foreign Contaminant! caryatid_kitten's Avatar
    They are not quitters, they are people more in touch with the realities of life. Why WAIT for manna to fall from the sky here in the Philippines for the next 30 years of your life when you could uplift your quality of life within 3 years upon leaving the country?

Besides, wala mashadong chismisan sa abroad. Pwera na lang kapag stereotypical crab metality stricken pinoys ang mga kasama mo :P LOL

- mahirap makapasok ng trabaho dito (may palakasan pa rin, yung ibang companies masyadong maarte sa requirements)

- maraming opportunities

ok maybe you are not actually a "quitter" but you did quit on your own country because there isnt enough opportunity?

look successful businesmen like
    lucio tan, Henry Sy, Manny Villar Etc.. hindi nila sinabi sa sarili nila na walang opportunity sa pilipinas and magabroad nalang.
    just think about it.

10b$ of remittances is not what we should be depending on! kailangan self reliant tayo. i tell you mas makakabuti kung 10b$ taxes coming from agricuture or manufacturing (more jobs for the poor)

^Hay. I get the feeling you made a new account just to flame bait. Its amazing how you manage to pigeonhole everybody as money-hungry quitters without attempting more nuanced and enlightened argument than what youve presented so far. The reason the life stories of the people you mentioned (Tan, Villar, etc) are so awe-inspiring is because they are in the microscopic minority and against great adversity. For every Gokongwei there are millions of poor Filipinos struggling to get by.

I sincerely hope that you are just too young and idealistic and have yet to appreciate all the factors that have contributed to this modern diaspora. Youd be best helped by actually talking to different sorts of people and why they left or want to do so. I would list some of the probable ones, but that would be missing the whole point of engaging people in meaningful discourse.

Picture this.

A Project manager here earns max 60K...

A Staff programmer in US earns 140K a month

saan ka pa

mahirap makahanap ng trabaho sa pilipinas. kaya yung ibang my mga college degree, kahit mg tnt or dh, ok lang sa kamila ang mahalaga, my pera sila

kasi mas maganda ang buhay sa ibang bansa... mas tahimik... konti ang krimen... maayos ang gobyerno... maganda ang social security system... walang polusyon... at marami pang iba.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast